Has it happened to you yet, Sup Forums?

Has it happened to you yet, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

vine.co/v/iaamWYQ1qI3
vine.co/v/iMjzJ76vwvL
vine.co/v/igrjQ52XQut
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only for new social media stuff like Snapchat and Vines.

Everyone my age uses them constantly and I just cannot see the appeal.

Yes, back when we started having all those daily Homestuck threads

yes
for almost everything (vidja, music, internet, political views)
if it didn't happened to you then you're too young to browse this website

>Has it happened to you yet, Sup Forums?
What?

No its the young people who are wrong

nope. not yet

Yes, a long time ago. And you know what? It's fine. Sure, some guys are a pain in the ass, but i was the same shit so...
Just leave me with my comics, i'll be fine.

It's already happened to me years ago.

I have no idea what half of you fuckers are even talking about

Every time I flip on cartoon network

Back when Facebook became big. I couldn't understand the use of it even when it was still restricted to college emails, but the fact that it's become a ubiquitous fact of life just fucking baffles me.

A lot of people are going to say it has, but it really hasn't.

It really, really hasn't.

Yes.
I play old video games and watch old cartoons.
I don't give a fuck about the next big CoD nor do I care about what's on Cartoon Network right now.
I love listening to my friends get bootyblasted over whatever online shooter they're playing while I play something 15+ years old and actually enjoy myself.

>tfw too autistic to ever be with anything

It'll never happen to me!

Vines are just short videos
Like 10-second youtube videos that are on repeat
They can be cute vine.co/v/iaamWYQ1qI3
Or funny vine.co/v/iMjzJ76vwvL
Or just another platform for meme videos vine.co/v/igrjQ52XQut

Of course I'm 18, so I'm used to this sort of humor by now

so what the fuck is snapchaty then?

No, not really. I was never with it and I never cared about being with it. I enjoy what I enjoy and I dislike what I dislike, everything else is irrelevant to me.

chat with pics
>take a picture and put a caption on it

Yes. Last time I went to the cinema I almost got into a fight with someone who refused to stop using their phone and it made me realize I'm oficially too old for everything.

I just googled it.

Is this one of those things that requires you to be pretty and vain and love taking pictures of yourself?

Because that's why I've never used facebook either.

Can't you just do this regularly though? Like take a picture with your phone and then send it to someone in a text? What does this do that's different?

you can only view a picture once
then they get deleted

I'm slowly starting to lose interest in vidya and sports and focusing more of my time on my investment portfolio, finances, and lifting. I hope I don't ever lose interest in comics.

for what purpose?

Yep. First "Let's Plays", which still don't make any sense to me. Who would watch some one else play vidya instead of playing it themselves?

And now the rise of SJWism. As some one else put it, "Since when did it become cool for kids to be for censorship instead of free expression"?

Yep (The Bravest Warriors ep Dan before time)

nudes, drugs, young people things.

don't know maybe nudes
so females think you can only view them once
despite being able to screenshot the chat
its a gimmick chat

this kind of selfcenter attitude means it hasn't happened to you yet

So people can pretend that the pictures they take will just disappear, even though anyone can screencap it.

Vine is just YTMND and I think it's great the format returned

You're not there yet, you're still going through that damn phase that makes l'enfant du jour all go all "I hate my generation".

for certain.

I understand Let's Plays. Videogames are expensive and time consuming, Let's Plays are THE videogame preview. Also it's like watching people play soccer or tennis or fight or travel or cook on the tele. We watch it because they can do it better than us.

Not sure how NuTeens do it, but basically it sends faster than just sending a pic
It has location services so you can shitpost using "geotags" where it has little designs for holidays and streets
You can take nudes and send em, and if they DO screenshot it you get a message saying "Your pic was screenshotted"
You can also send short videos, like 5-second videos at parties and stuff
You can add them to a "story" where your friends can see it for up to 24 hours
As far as I can tell, "it" has happened to you guys, it's just a chat thing that you guys don't get

I thought I was there circa 2012. But something happened 2014-2015 that made me expand my horizon and say, hey, there's still quality on this Earth, and the envelope of quality is being pushed with the advent of time. Some main stream things can be good and beneath that, some lesser main stream, but new content is also good. I'm happy to be alive.

Actually I was like that around 14 and got angsty about not liking most of popular culture. Growing up made me a lot more relaxed about my tastes and if anything I'm open to new stuff more than ever.

With Star Wars since TFA.

>advent
What am I a faggot? Meant "march".

I used to be "the tech guy" in my circle.

then facebook and ipads and social medias and smart everythings happened during my late 20's.

I'm still using a desktop PC, friends don't ask me to fix things or even look at problems anymore because I dunno how to work an ipad or a smartphone any better than they can.

So yeah, it happened to me pretty hard.

Same thing, but with Star Trek - particularly the slash aspect of it. What the fuck is wrong with the new fujoshits? The new actors have no chemistry, the new iterations of the characters have even less, calling Kirk/Spock "Spirk" or "space husbands" when star trek literally invented the use of "/" for pairing... fuck them all.

Same here. There's no point worrying about it, and considering every generation resents the next it's a moot point whether culture has actually become worse.

The internet has had a colossal impact, and facilitates a lot of crap. But am I going to be a miserable cunt who's angry about it or am I going to take advantage of the opportunities it brings?

Like comics for one thing, it's never been easier to find and read them thanks to the internet. I'm reading all the highly recommended stuff I can find and it's a joy. I could complain about the industry all day, but I have the luxury of being a consumer so I can choose to only read the good stuff.

Yep. I feel like the world has changed irrevocably, but I haven't changed with it.

That hurt the most

Happened to me around 2008, when I noticed the Internet started rapidly going downhill.

Pretty much this. Also I work with kids so that helps keep me in the loop somewhat

I still have no idea what the fuck dabbing is all about

The Sanders nonsense is making me feel like this and I’m 20.

Wasn't as good as it could have been, but I'll take it over the prequels any day.

It's hardly a preview when you're spending hours watching someone else play the entire game. There's millions of movies and TV shows you could watch in that time.

Admittedly, I don't like watch sports on TV either.

>You can take nudes and send em, and if they DO screenshot it you get a message saying "Your pic was screenshotted"

You can take a picture of the screen with another phone or camera.

>considering every generation resents the next

Gen X and Y seem to get alone pretty well these days, united by their mutual hatred of the Boomers and Gen Z.

>dabbing

Isn't that a pot smoking thing? One that predates the internet?

>work at elementary school
>kids are using iPads for assignment
>one kid has a technical problem, hands me iPad to help
>spend 5 minutes trying to figure it out
>another 7 year old comes over, does like 3 swipes on the pad and fixes everything.

Seriously, it's a terrible feeling being obsolete, no wonder old people are so cranky all the time.

You have no excuse really. For me I tend to get more hung-up on self-worth than on the worth of younger people.

you're just a bitter teen, you're not there yet

Well, me, I watch about half hour in or half an hour of edited footage, and if I like what I see I go in for it. Found some real gems on Steam off Pewdiepie's channel, as embarrassing as it might be for a 26-year-old to admit. I also ended up buying some really neat ps3 games thanks to the Best Friends Zaibatsu.

This is me except occasionally I enjoy new things but after the hype had died down.
Feels good.

I'm 25, and I already feel like an old fart. Technology feels like it's progressing way too quickly, and call me grandpa if you want, but I really feel like it's affecting kids' development negatively.

So what games, out of curiosity?

I will never understand why people think memes are cool

Well there was this one 3-5 hour horror game called Stray Cat Crossing, as well as this Red Riding Hood type game called The Path, and I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, and Shadow Warrior, which recently went on Steam sale.

PS3 I was made aware of games such as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle and this anime cheesecake game about setting traps in Castle called Deception IV: Blood Ties.

What I really don't get is this horrible ironic attitude people have about memes. Is it seriously supposed to be clever or funny? I don't get it.

And you found those games through LPs? Do you live under a rock? They were EVERYWHERE when they came out.

>l'enfant du jour

shut the fuck up

Memes are just expanded injokes.

The support for Sanders is pretty obvious, especially if you're old enough to remember the Clinton administration, or the last wave of Political Correctness.

It's funny you mention the Path, one of my video game programmer friends recommended it recently.

> I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

Good stuff

>Shadow Warrior

Played the new Xbone version yesterday, had an intense 90s flashback to playing the first game as a kid.

I'm surprised there's no SJW outrage over the series, given how it revels in certain over-the-top ethnic stereotypes.

Happened around 2007/2008 when Facebook was becoming big, ipads,iphones,smart phones, etc.The Big Bang Theory was starting to gain traction and the MCU was kicking off. I just didn't see what was so great about them

Not really.

I understand "it" and know what it takes to be a part of "it" but I willingly don't because I don't like "it".

This shit too. This needs to go. People are literally celebrating being obnoxious, loud, and annoying and it needs to end.

In 2004, yeah. Not now.

>feel the bern
>muh 1.5 trillion

You could eliminate the f35 program, downsize the military by 100 percent, tax all former members of the military 100 percent, and you still wouldn't have enough to pay for Bernie's promises.

The more mainstream ones I mentioned were to illustrate the idea of "waiting for LPs to form a better opinion before purchase". I know the phrasing of the post makes it sound otherwise but that's what I was gunning for when I raised those examples.

CERN first turned on the LHC in 2008.

I'm genuinely surprised over the lack of outrage either. Might be the lack of objectification of women.

I feel like it's happened to me with Sup Forums.

I don't think it's happened to me just yet.
But then, I think you have to actually be "with it" before you're not, and I don't think I ever was.

>Terms like "fleek" and "lit" are thrown around constantly

I am officially no longer With It.

>Just leave me with my comics, i'll be fine.

Not in Current Year, user.

How does one be "with it"?

Yes. I had to look up something a younger coworker texted me on urban dictionary the other day just to respond.

Be connected with the media and with pop culture all the time, hang out with people who are "with it".

>Is this one of those things that requires you to be pretty and vain and love taking pictures of yourself?

Essentially. Practically fellating their phones.

Religiously follow fads, no matter how stupid they are.

And the only reason it didn't kill us all, is that America sent Gordon Freeman to oversee it. Kleiner was there too, but I don't have that pic.

>You could eliminate the f35 program

If Bernie could accomplish that it would be reason alone to vote for him.

More likely, most Asians don't care, and since it's not a big name title, SJWs didn't notice, since they don't actually play video games.

This handy dandy book will explain it.

Yup, once I noticed the beginning of thinning hair and how it coincided with legitimately thinking all music after 2009 was garbage, I knew

Thank goodness for that, I'm Asian, and I found the game HILARIOUS.

So hilarious that I bought it.

Are young people frightened of this SJW bullshit and don't want to actually speak out in case of being ostracized and not part of the herd or do they actually care about it? I really hope it's a passing fad.

Go to bed Pierre Sprey, you've got a busy day of jacking off to pictures of A10s tomorrow.

That can change. I thought pop music went downhill in the late 90s, and stayed shit until the late 00s. It's not great now, but it's noticeably better than it was 10 years back when it was all Britney Spears and the like all the time.

I haven't been with it since middle school and even that's arguable.

SJWism, like all facist movements, works by scaring and shaming all who dissent into silence.

It's especially powerful among teenagers, who are already the most susceptible to peer pressure.

Yep.
I remember when there were only three tv networks. I remember when Rob Liefeld somehow got on a Levis jeans commercial because he was the "creative genius" behind X-Force. I remember comics before Jim Lee's glamour poses and the Gen-13 lesbian teen effect. I remember when Superboy Prime was a nice kid and being able to use a computer was considered a superpower.

>they haven't ascended to higher level ironic memery

I decided to give up Facebook a few years ago because I thought it was "toxic" for me, for the lack of a better word

I do have friends, I do hang out with them every week, but when I used to browse FB I wound constantly see this or this other group of people I knew engaging in activities and stuff I would've loved to be part of... it was worse during the summers because I always ended up staring at all these people having fun together while I was stuck with my family (I have young brothers so I kinda have to stay with them when on vacation to help my parents out)

And that's not even mentioning the "stalking" of my love interests' profiles, getting jealous and shit everytime I saw them intimate with other guys, or all the bait posts to get attention in whatever shape

Looking back all that stuff was just pathetic, I can't understand the appeal, like you said. It all feels like social warfare: people always informing others about what they do, people leaving passive-aggressive comments, people "spying" on the others' profiles so they talk shit irl, couples constantly deleting and remaking accounts because one of the partners is jealous about their lover's privacy...

Shit's whacky

>I decided to give up Facebook a few years ago because I thought it was "toxic" for me, for the lack of a better word

your next step is to give up Sup Forums

Ikr
But it's such a good time-sinker

>Has it happened to you

I don't think it really "happens", it's such a slow process. Definitely with things like social media and popular music I was never even in in the first place, but in others things I might be "in" until my 40s or later.

If I do that, there's nothing left but to go outside.

How are these threads Sup Forums related? How haven't mods caught on by now?

Maybe it's because I don't hang out on /k/, but you're the first person I've ever met who supports the F-35.

Irony here is that I've discovered some really cool things I wouldn't have if I stopped paying attention to what was in the mainstream sphere. This place has benefits.