Have a question Sup Forums whats going to happen the economy if/when we start running out of fresh water

Have a question Sup Forums whats going to happen the economy if/when we start running out of fresh water.
How can I prepare for the inevitable?

Other urls found in this thread:

pravdareport.com/science/earth/28-01-2008/103693-water_crisis-0/
valuewalk.com/2016/02/michael-burry-water/
oecd-nea.org/ndd/workshops/nucogen/presentations/8_Khamis_Overview-nuclear-desalination.pdf
sciencenews.org/article/nuclear-fusion-gets-boost-private-sector-startups
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Picture related this is California currently

Salt water.

The saudis already do it. Water prices will going up though

What happens when the oceans become too acidic and everything starts to die in 70 years?

Who cares? I'll be dead long before that happens.

You will invade Canada or Finland to bring them democracy.

Seriously you don't have to worry. Your country is so big that they're always be livable regions.

No idea. Thanks Australia.

hope your dead before 2025 then
pravdareport.com/science/earth/28-01-2008/103693-water_crisis-0/

Yes, and peak oil was 2012. Fuck off with your fearmongering nonsense.

Nah, science will keep you alive that long. It'll probably start to happen sooner than that, you'll leave the world right as it's about to turn over

How can you run out of water?

You're mistaken. I do not intend to grow old.

Mass imigration from poor nations to rich ones. Civil unrest will break out followed by the complete collaps of the civilized world.

most of earth is salt water with only 3 percent drinkable fresh water
world population is now 7.4 billion
we only actually are only able to obtain about 1 percent of that 3 percent of water which seems like enough but looking at the data it shows were in for not a war on oil but a war on water

Bitch

We are not running out of fresh water.
Not even India and Africa are, they just destroyed their sources.

There is a perfect amount of water on earth to feed all whites.

The swedes will start drinking imported African semen. Invest now if you're smart.

We'll just have to evolve to be able to drink salt water

Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.Haruki Murakami's novel "IQ84

People like Gates etc or national govs if it gets bad enough will just spend 10 billion a year on desalination reserch until its cheap and way more effective. They already have massive ones in some countries that work well and its just a matter of time until they can be built fast and cheaply.

Here in the US since we are next to Canada we will neve run out of water before the point where desalination can meet all our needs.

As you have already pointed out, the world is only going to get worse. There's little point in surviving past 40.

Desalination plants to convert ocean water to fresh water.

Companies can also convert sewage water into drinkable water as well, but the public won't want to hear about it.

You can also drink your own pee. I saw Bear do it on Man vs Wild.

Also, if it really was a crisis we would JUST distill sea-water. Niggers can't even distill.

i read about that but no amount of money in the world would be able to make a machine that can produce the amount of water for a growing population of 7.4 billion. I think were going to see 100s of million of people die. if not billions of people

Good

Don't you want to see everyone panic and see how wrong they were for not trying to solve problems they could've tried to have fixed years ago?

JUST wait until the jewish oil-embargo crash, and soon we start using infinite materia to generate electricity. Soon my friend.

link please on how much water they can distill to freshwater

With back problems, hemorrhoids, rapidly declining vision and hearing? No. Being old is shit.

Oy vey the water is going to run out unless you give us shekels.

t.OP

valuewalk.com/2016/02/michael-burry-water/
wanna get rich

Purchase watering rights in your local city state than like a stock wait for the opportunity to sell it
when the day comes when people need water you will have alot of it and can charge any price.

Oh sure we'll have lots of water still it's more like the oceans are going to become sour and mostly all life in them is going to die. That's what's really going to fuck us over

Here's a random picture of Nicklas Lidström.

Enjoy.

>Price of water goes up
>Everyone builds a desalination plant to profit off it.
>Price goes right back down again

We invest in desalination plants

You must be new to Sup Forums...

kys

how much fresh water can it produce how fast can it produce the fresh water. wheres the data showing this.

As fast as we need, we can build as many desalination plants as needed to meet demand. If there's demand and the price is high, there will be people that will meet it.

if demand is high why wouldnt they just sell water for a higher mark up. bottles of water that are 1 dollar in the U.S. will become 6 dollars

Oh my god.

It's water shortage retards.

For starters; availability of fresh, potable, water is a 100% local issue. There's a reason why it's called "fresh" water, and not "non salty" water. Because it's gathered at or near an entry point into the local water cycle.

Because that's what water does. It cycles. Increasing fresh water availability can be as simple as digging a hole and filling it with aggregate material to prevent it from draining into the soil when it rains.

If the water gets too low, more fresh water infrastructure will be built. Desal. plants in dry coastal areas, and reservoirs in rainy areas.

Now shut the fuck up about water shortages.

Because water conservation is the most retarded thing ever.

Like I fucking hate when people who live in places with perfectly competent fresh water infrastructure don't flush the fucking toilet. Leaving your piss sitting in the toilet isn't going to magically make more fresh water available in Ethiopia.

You're just being a lazy piece of shit disgusting fucking animal.

If you want to help people in Ethiopia get more water, donate to a charity that builds wells in Ethiopia

But for gods sake act civilized and flush your fucking toilet.

oecd-nea.org/ndd/workshops/nucogen/presentations/8_Khamis_Overview-nuclear-desalination.pdf

This is part of the problem too. If people breed like fucking animals, they'll live and die like fucking animals.

You are assuming that this will be an entirely private venture. Much like how you subsidise staple crops to keep prices down, you can do the same with water.

That image is making a fundamental error.

The evolutionary reason behind having a lot of kids is the assumption that most of them will die before reaching adulthood. We used to do the same before modern medicine made it so that most children make it.

I'm glad Finland has infinite supply.

Theres no suck thing bud

>what's going to happen to the economy when we run out of fresh water?

We won't

>how should I prepare

Don't

Africa has one of the most stable and ever replenishing water tables in the world, cali will just cut back on retarded farming or have a silicon Valley cunt make desalination plants, and the current desert countries just use desalination run by petroleum generators anyway.

Black people need to 1. Learn how to build proper wells, and 2. Learn how to filter water.

A pot full of dirt works perfectly well. Fuck, you could just boil the shit water and siphon out the clean water when the particulates settle.

Everywhere else is perfectly fine.

Yeah. He's wrong to post that. We used to be just like that.

Fresh water is just an energy problem since we already have the knowledge to desalinate.

We have also solved the energy problem, but Luddites don't like it.

The problem with your reasoning is that most of their kids do not die before adulthood like what would naturally occur. Germ theory is a worldwide idea at this point.

And having that many mouths to feed makes it worse for the family before they get to the point where the children would take care of them. If you're surviving on gibsmedat because of a civil war, you're not teaching your family how to farm, you're not farming, and you've created wastes of material and space that you were running low on anyway.

How can you subsist as a farmer if wells are impossible, fertilizer is an idea that eludes you, and all of your harvest goes to feeding your 12-16 kids just barely?

Early ancient people just killed their children when they couldn't take care of them. If they got pregnant and birthed another kid, they would kill him or leave him for dead.

The Africans are just being silly.

I know all of this, but the image is still making an error for assuming that you would somehow have less children because you are bringing them into a dangerous world. The opposite is in fact true.

>have no greenhouse gas producing nuclear energy
>It's not only a viable replacement for coal and petroleum, but it's cheaper, produces more power, and is cleaner in every way

>the first wave environmentalists chimp out and make US stop pursuing it while shutting down nuclear plants across the country

>shut down plants are converted to coal, plants to be built are made coal, and the greens claim victory while complaining about greenhouse gasses

I will never not be mad. I hate those fucks so much.

What is the environmentalist argument against nuke-u-ler power? Just where/how to store the radioactive waste?

>be western
>current year
>energy crisis
>market stagnation
>still trying to ethically defend 3rd world r/ selection

This

>still trying to ethically defend 3rd world r/ selection

That's easy to do. We just have to stop treating them as if they were like us. They operate under different fundamentals than we do and likely always will.

i.e when you have a rat plague, don't feed it.

muh bomb, muh chernobyl, muh radiation, muh waste.

And also I suspect because it actually works without us having to revert back to 1 acre and a cow + communism.

>Run out of fresh water
>Price goes up
>Becomes extremely profitable to invest in new water technologies
>Desalination plants become economical.
>Glaciers are towed in from the poles and melted for their water

When you understand economics, you understand why we will never really "run out" of anything.

Polar ice is sea ice. Salty.

>We just have to stop treating them as if they were like us

But that's not practical from a legislative perspective user. We'll get nothing done, and the lib-feels people will continue to poison them with their "help" it seems.

The McFeels people will never disavow that "hmmm I just feel that like, we are like, all the same"-ness. Redpilling them on how the "help" is making the 3rd world even worse is one option. Redpilling them on anything would be ideal, but they won't take it.

Its simplistic, but we just really need to hardline it on immigration standards and our fiscal budgets, never permitting financial aid to foreign countries, and never ever back down from these points.

But my point is (and where I think you're missing with your point) is that you're confusing the inherently dangerous but stable existence of a world with high infant mortality with a dangerous unstable existence that lacks any semblance of them being self sufficient, much less having the bare minimum to survive.

For one, the infant mortality rate in Africa is nowhere near what it was in Europe pre germ theory. The only place you can get close is the uncontacted amazon tribes, but those aren't agricultural societies, but basically just hunter gatherers. Africa is actually a lot safer war wise than it once was before euros.

And so because the living situation is dangerous and unstable to the point of malnutrition, having that many kids is a drain on what was already a near lack of sufficient anything. Having a few living kids ensures you will be taken care of at old age, but If you were already not getting by, it's just going to make things exponentially worse. If you get to the standard 8-12 numbers of kids, you've destroyed any hope of subsisting.

If they're refugees and constantly trying to escape, they don't own land and the children are worthless drains. If they're farmers or businessmen, you will see them have kids beyond their ability to care for them and themselves, putting them at peril while going into starvation most of the time.

And then the kids are destroyed by defects in learning at best or physically at worst because of the malnutrition.

The Europeans did so because they needed to and they could produce a surplus with new labor. The Africans don't have the mortality, and they don't have the stability and natural respurces necessary for such a thing to make sense. Ergo, Africans are silly.

>Its simplistic, but we just really need to hardline it on immigration standards and our fiscal budgets, never permitting financial aid to foreign countries, and never ever back down from these points.

They will eventually ask why you are doing this for no apparent domestic reason and you will eventually have to tell them or be seen as a nutcase with no grounding in reality. At which point you are back to square one. Though I suppose it does buy you time to sow the seed for the big reveal.

>The Africans don't have the mortality, and they don't have the stability and natural respurces necessary for such a thing to make sense. Ergo, Africans are silly.

They did have the mortality, which is why they continue to churn out the babies. The issue lies in the fact that our population boom was our own doing. We developed the means, both socially and technologically, naturally.

They evolved to live in harmony with nature (with all the gruesome details that sometimes entails). We evolved to fight it.

They were handed the technology on a plate, so they got the boom without the social, physical and mental infrastructure to handle it. And like a child playing with matches, it burned them and their (and our) houses.

>running out of fresh water

ha

When China comes to collect, yes, they will begin running your water down to keep their own population alive.
Don't forget: if you kill them, they win.

You can just get water from the ocean and desalinate it. Sure water will cost more but the price will probably improve because they will get better at it

>Muh radiation boogeyman
>Muh all things nuclear are nuclear bombs
>Muh Chernobyl (even if it was impossible anywhere that isn't Chernobyl)
>Muh can't transport by train or truck because of the boogeyman

And especially

>not in my backyard!

Between Rachel Carson with Silent Spring and the forcing of nuclear growth to disappear, the first wave environmentalists tried their damned hardest to be dangerously wrong. They even worked against their own interests.

The people that didn't care about it were not my backyard fags and banded with them to stop nuclear. It turns out after the fear mongering, everyone who didn't take high-school Chem either fought with the radical retards or not my backyarded away clean energy.

Now you tell the new breed what happened, that a single coal burning plant puts far more radioactive material into the atmosphere than all nuclear accidents combined, that the heroic fukishima workers who went into the reactor on a "suicide mission" are still alive and never got sick, and that the exclusion zone there is for a 12 hour flight's worth of radiation exposure, they simply don't believe you or talk about the radiation boogeyman like the other idiots that know nothing.

I am absolutely fucking pissed. They keep pushing the green energy and renewable energy memes despite them being useless or even a danger to the ecosystem. Meanwhile they hate fossil fuels with a passion but shun nuclear completely despite any argument proving them wrong.

And the worst part is, research and funding of nuclear energy is basically null with most of it wasted on making transport safer, something ignored. The upkeep will see plants closed and turned into coal or petrol.

Research on safer reactors like thorium and research into fusion reactors started way late and have dogshit funding because of them as well.

t. Former environmental science major who still wakes up at night screaming

so, what do we do with the millions of tons of leftover salt?

>Though I suppose it does buy you time to sow the seed for the big reveal

Theatricality and deception are powerful agents, to the uninitiated.

But fr the domestic reason is solid if you look at it from a nationalist perspective. Certain things you must take responsibility for, like taking care of your people. How many homeless are on our streets? How many junkies and alcoholics? How many underprivileged in our inner cities? how many people without clean drinking water in our countries' provinces and territories?

That all can be leveraged against (very stupidly) sending financial aid to the 3rd world, in terms of an appeal. If they don't listen to your reasonable argument, and they won't, they may be more willing to compromise in this appeal to emotion. And it can lead to the eventual redpill of how and why financial aid is so damaging to the 3rd world, how its like stacking cash into a pile and setting it on fire, etc... when it can be used for much better purposes at home.

honestly, it'll be far easier for (((them))) to just find a way to eradicate 90% of humanity.

Destroy the salt market, of course.
Thank you for your response. What books/articles/documentaries would you recommend on the subject?

How can you run out of potatoes?

Don't lose faith onii-chan just because the Jews don't want it, fusion is not dead.
sciencenews.org/article/nuclear-fusion-gets-boost-private-sector-startups

I don't know, I'm not Irish

Too soon, man, too soon.

>startups

We're fucked.

We're going wall off the entire Southwest and tell you to get fucked.

>ceding territory to Mexico
Not fucking likely.

Why not? They're wasting our water by building cities in deserts. Plus by the time we begin to really experience water shortages it'll be heavily Hispanic anyway.

Africa seems to be doing fine without any. I don't see a problem.

We basically argued the same point but in different ways.

But their leftover extreme baby making is doing extreme harm to them.

But our and Africa's infant mortality rates were basically the same until the 1880's when germ theory began to be accepted, cleanliness in medicine became standard for surgery and child delivery, and miasma theory finally leaving in 1890 with the discovery of viruses.

For a time, because the Europeans had colonized Africa and had their best physicians exploring the continent/helping the local colonial government, the drop in infant mortality was occurring at the same rate on both continents. They both plummeted (outside of King Leopold's Belgian Congo).

The Europeans encountered a massive jump in the standards of living and prosperity, so they continued with a faster lowering rate when compared to the Africans.

It's almost like now in post colonial times, they never went through the period of high birth rates to produce a surplus like early 20th century agricultural western cultures did. They're still having the same amount of kids that they did with high mortality rates, they're still having the same amount they did when they were fairly stable and could produce/grow a surplus with children, but it's absolutely self destructive while getting worse every year.

Also, I'm not sure if the statistics exist, but I have heard the African birth rate declined post world War 2 and pre world War 2 when they experienced economic growth and transition. This would mean post colonial Era when they were still somewhat stable and static mobility wise, they began having lots of children like they should for agriculture surplus but continued through the harsh times anyway because they simply didn't know better.

One theory is that the malnutrition and starvation has made all post colonial births more hopeless then the one that came before. I'm just trying to give Africans some benefit of the doubt in all honesty.

>Africa
>doing fine

Their water sources are nothing but breeding grounds for Zika, AIDS, and Ebola.

>Have a question Sup Forums whats going to happen the economy if/when we start running out of fresh water.
Absolute impossibility.

Prove otherwise.

>private sector startups for fusion

>government funding is so kill because of the """""environmentalists""""" that they have to basically use Kickstarter or indie gogo to find any funding

This has become a sick joke.

I don't exactly know where to start. I was doing research in environmental science 101 instead of taking things at face value (my teacher actually promoted doing such a thing and seeing both sides of to help argument to find the facts) and while searching stuff about DDT I found a site that red pilled me about rachel carson. They had a counter that counted malaria deaths caused in once eradicated areas after rachel carson banned DDT and it was about 500 million.

From then on I always looked at the other side and ended up finding more evidence of such fuckery. I wish I remembered what the original website was.

Anywho, the best reading list you can compile is from a /k/ trip called OPpenheimer. He is a legitimate nuclear scientist and gave a large reading list about all things nuclear, including nuclear war, radiation and fallout, tactics, casualty expectations and radiation sickness and some others. It's the most perfect place to start. I basically just got red pilled on one thing and starting searching one day. That might be the best way to start naturally, but it's tedious at best.

If someone has a Screencap of one of his reading lists, I would be very happy. I need to look for mine.