Alien: Covenant isn't that good

>No backstory at all about the Engineers not their homeworld. David just unleashes chemicals in the air that turns every single Engineer to stone when he arrives at the planet with Shaw
What the absolute fuck

>David talking about monkeys standing up right and how Evolution created Neandorthals
What? But the Engineers created humans...
>That shower sex scene where after the guy dies you see his blood over the naked girl's body.
This felt like an excuse just to show off her tits.

Eh Prometheus is way better than this movie. I really wanted to like this but it was very mediocre. Ridley really could have done better.

The opening scene was very strong though with Guy Pearce reprising his role as Wayland, chatting to David about going on a journey to find the creators of the human race because he doesnt believe in chance Evolution yet why does David then in the second act of the movie talk about Evolution and monkeys standing up right?

Don't get me wrong though. There was good enjoyable scenes with evil David showing off his creation of the Alien but otherwise the movie just felt poor.

Ridley is making another prequel set before this so HOPEFULLY we see more of the Engineers homeworld. Maybe an Apocalypto styled movie set on the Engineers world would work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b79aw9dZLfE
youtube.com/watch?v=DCdQkgSwNoU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wait my bad. David already killed Shaw before he arrived on the Engineers world so Shaw wasnt alive then
Fuck the leaked image was true that was posted here a week ago. So annoying this happened

So these are actually the engineers and not just another creation like humans were?

>No backstory at all about the Engineers not their homeworld. David just unleashes chemicals in the air that turns every single Engineer to stone when he arrives at the planet with Shaw
>What the absolute fuck
THIS
Fuck Xenomorphs I want to know more about Engineers

>another creation like humans
this seems to be correct

No fucking idea now that you bring this point up. No one in the whole movie explains who these guys actually are so I assume they are Engineers.

>Character asks David what the hell is going on here
>David shows his lab where he works on making the first Alien
>Never explains to them this planet or why there is Roman like buildings around
Seriously what the fuck Ridley

>the dude on the left with the basecap

>Voldemort on the far left

Watched Covenant yesterday, it's top-tier kino.

Too many people have been induced into a Marvel-induced stupor and are unable to appreciate art anymore.

The wrong brother died

JUST

youtube.com/watch?v=b79aw9dZLfE

The engineers are just a different form of humans. We were both created by a different alien race to serve as cattle.

Please explain your reasons to why this is "kino" because seriously it is not. Fassbender does a 10/10 performance as always but the zero backstory and "LETS THROW IN AN ALIEN KILLING AND CHASING PEOPLE" is what makes this movie really poor.

Also the re use of music str8 out of 1979 Alien felt wrong. WHY use music from the Nostromo crew in this movie with a different crew with a complete different music. There was some good original music and I wanted more of that instead of 1979 Alien music when they are exploring an open field.

So why not explain this in this movie? Why water it down to just MUH ALIEN MOVIE

This, it is our penance though for BANE?.

>Please explain your reasons to why this is "kino" because seriously it is not.

It's mostly an adaptation of At the Mountains of Madness. It's about looking into a dead alien world while realizing how insignificant human life is.

Also the entire David character is a meta-commentary on Ridley Scott creation of the franchise and his attempts at making it grow and expand.

Why did David speak of evolution of monkeys and neandorthals then?

Did Ridley forget about Prometheus for a few moments when filming this?

>meta-commentary on Ridley Scott creation of the franchise and his attempts at making it grow and expand.
Even if that would be true it wouldn't say anything about the quality of the movie.

>So why not explain this in this movie?

It was obvious in Prometheus. The necropolis in Covenant just reinforces this.

>Why did David speak of evolution of monkeys and neandorthals then?

Because the elder ones created us from monkeys. Much like we created dogs from wolves.

>The Alien walks up str8
NO. I WANTED HIM TO CRAWL ALL THE TIME LIKE HE WAS IN TRAILER

Also
>That CGI of the Deacon standing next to David
Bloody hell why couldnt that part be practical??

CGI will look 100% fake if not done right.Looks like it needs more rendering.

If u want god tier cgi watch the new planet of apes series.

>Prometheus is way worse than this movie

Seeing as Prometheus is one of the worst films ever made, that's a pretty damning indictment

>could have had paradise or alien 5 by blumpkin
>got a shit remake mixed with prometheus for modern horror fans instead

That's not a quote by Descartes, and as far as anyone knows the quote is actually from Sup Forums. Stop assigning it to Descartes.

David didnt explain this at all for fuck sake. He never said the Engineers helped create humans.

Ridley really messed up here

Why do they want to destroy us, if they created us?

I think it's fun. What do you think this means?

youtube.com/watch?v=DCdQkgSwNoU

FUCK I MEAN PROMETHEUS IS WAY BETTER OF COURSE

Damn

not until you return to reddit

It's not like Prometheus. It's a direct sequel to Prometheus.

I just re read my post and yes I did say Prometheus is way better.

Why are you mixing my words?

you are the one using vampire quotes to try and prove your arguments, go back to lgbt this instant.

It's not the job of the director to spoonfed the audience with obvious information.

Alien: Covenant feels like a low budget sci fi movie took the idea of Prometheus and just tried to make a fan film while using expensive cgi and props

it triggers dumb-dumbs, and it's working wonderfully here redditor. off you plod

I was hoping the plague would get unleashed on the ship and you'd have the crew fighting off 2000 Xenomorphs, but we spent most of the film on that bland Promethean planet.

>Obvious information
Jesus this is why BvS is so shit because it explains nothing of Robins death, whereabouts of Joker etc

>Why do they want to destroy us, if they created us?

Why not? We were just created as slaves, pets, cattle. Our only purpose is to serve them.

Sounds like the movie was cut to hell in editing like Prometheus.

It feels a lot like an experimental art film, especially during the second act.

It's amazing that they let him do this.

Why wasnt the prologue on youtube in the movie as well as the scene of Shaw talking to David before the movie's events that u can find on youtube?

Hope Ridley releases an extended cut (why he never bothered to do one for Prometheus when he did an extended cut for his shitty The Martian).

That's not the problem with BvS.

>slaves, pets, cattle
>hurr I destroy my own property that I just created
Ok, I didn't know Prometheus apologists were ITT. Another question though: If they want to destroy us, why did they plant maps to their secret weapon facility on earth?

Experimental art film? Not in the slightest. It was too Hollywood like to be considered an art film.

Prometheus had a VERY strong first act. Alien: Covenant however had none of the strongness of Prometheus.

Funny how this movie is going to make more people respect Prometheus. Is that Ridley's secret idea?

Prometheus was like that too, lots of scenes needed to be seen separately on YouTube or as bonus scenes. It's like a puzzle in which you need to find all the parts.

I downloaded an extended fan cut with all the deleted scenes attached.

Will def re watch Alien Covenant like this otherwise the way it is edited I do not like

Prometheus was okay but very flawed. The maps were just a device to get the plot going.

Alien Covenant is a lot better though and it doesn't try to create more pointless mysteries.

>Funny how this movie is going to make more people respect Prometheus.
No it's not shill, Prometheus was fucking garbage and no amount of cocksucking can change that. Covenant is already better just by scrapping most of the retarded engineer shit and Lindlolf.

David's logic
>LET ME KILL AN ANCIENT CIVILIZATION WHO HAS BUILT A GRAND CITY COS I HATE ALL INTELLIGENT LIFE FORMS AND JUST WANNA CREATE ALIENS

>The maps were just a device to get the plot going.

I think I been watching movies in this franchise since 1996. How people defend this shit is beyond me tho.

dude it's art don't you understand art

OH SHIT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO UNDERSTAND ART, IF YOU DID IT WOULDN'T BE ART ANYMORE

Literally get the fuck off this thread. How can u prefer an Alien slasher flick to a religious questioning movie of the creation of humans?

Surely the latter is better when we already have FOUR alien movies so why do we need more?

>It was too Hollywood like to be considered an art film.

The last act was very Hollywoodesque. But the second act was something else entirely, it was nothing like a blockbuster film at all. And the first act was a misdirection.

>Prometheus had a VERY strong first act

Not really, it was pure exposition with neat visuals, but it didn't really served the film well.

>The way the Aliens tail looks like a dick when the white girl is shagging her black bf and she takes a second to realise its the aliens tail and nit her bfs long black dicm
Fucking hilarious

Source me on your definition of art.

The scene with David playing the flute. I agree. That was very artistic and not Hollywood like

Since I never watched any Alien movie in theaters I was thinking of rewatching Prometheus and go watch Alien: Covenant

I'm about to hit the cinemas.

Should I watch this or life?

I just want a comfy spoopy space movie to watch like in the old days.

I don't try to defend the stupid decisions of Damon Lindelof. People wouldn't care about him if he didn't worked with directors like Ridley Scott and Jay Jay.

>to a religious questioning movie of the creation of humans?
Fairly easily when it's done so fucking hamfistingly stupid, like a 1st year philosophy student who thinks he's deeper than he it.

Not to mention the dialogue and characters were embarrassingly bad in Prometheus, and while Covenant isn't much better, it's a big step up from that garbage.

Problem is there was no coherent talk about in the first movie at all. Just scenes with people acting without motivation or backstory.
I haven't seen Covenant but Prometheus is undeniably shit.

Aliens are the ultimate lifeform though.

In one of the original concepts for the first Alien they were supposed to grow into intelligent beings.

First part of the movie is a comfy space movie. Then it gets crazy.

insightful commentary...sorry to digress but I bet he would say something similar for the unnecessary Star Wars Prequels.

He says alot but not much.
Why did David turn crazy?

I know he spyed on Shaw in Promethues but it wasn't implied that he liked her/wanted to rape her.

Well, in my opinion this movie connected a few things on the previous movie. The Engineer that they met in Prometheus tried to eradicate them because he found out that the humans made another sentient being which can practically live forever. Making a creation that can be immortal will just lead to the immortal overthrowing their creator. From the look of the Engineer's homeland and their technology, they have not made anything like David, an AI or a sentient being.

Covenant is a beautiful movie, whereas life is a tense film that's tense for the first half and turns to schlock during the second. Prometheus was a beautiful movie with a great otherworldly soundtrack.

>the Engineers created humans...
>chatting to David about going on a journey to find the creators of the human race because he doesnt believe in chance Evolution yet why does David then in the second act of the movie talk about Evolution and monkeys standing up right?
the engineers "created" life. it's literally the very first scene of prometheus. their life then evolved, clearly

I think that's why he genocides them because he realises once they find out what he is, he'd probably be killed because they can't accept that.

if you want to see alien again, watch life.

if you want to see an extremely flawed film made by an old man who's clearly losing his mind, watch covenant

if you're not a pleb, you'll choose the latter and enjoy it

Did Covenant leak?

Does anyone have a link?

There was a fifteen minute preview that was put up a few days ago. We've been watching that. It cuts out a lot of stuff but it was juicy enough for people to form their opinions. We had threads about how Ridley made women too real, it was the scene when the black woman panicked or the white woman missed and shot the tank. It was a bit too close to real life. They wanted the black woman to get all Edward Scissor hands with the alien and for the white woman to be like Bullseye and just hit that alien every time she pulled the trigger.

Lots of leftie cunts.

>Ridley is making another prequel
STAPH!

What I get from this thread is that Shaw's scenes where she's alive are not in the movie, David talks about evolution despite 100% DNA match between humans and engineers, and we aren't even told that the planet they're on is the engineer homeworld and the aliens getting bombed may just be a more primitive species.

Holy fuck what a mess.

Hey they gotta look stylish if they're gonna be an undeveloped civilization!

whose tits again? screencaps?

It is now canon that David created the xeno...
The movie wasn't bad but Ridley like to take a piss on the Alien mythology

Torrent when?

Why would you bring homosexuals on a colonizing mission?

Did I watch the "Prologue : Last Supper" correctly.

all the sentimental, forcing us to care about these people on this mission it isn't working.
I cared the most for James Franco and the woman choking because of empathy for a sick person. And I liked Michael Fassbender because he helped people, even if that is his programming...

Thanks user.

the xenomorph is first seen at the end of prometheus, no? and its creation has nothing to do with david

james franco is in the movie for about five seconds, and I don't recall any homosexuality (at least not from the crew)

>Why would you bring homosexuals on a colonizing mission?

They wart part of the crew, the ship had 2000 colons.

Yeah Shaw isn't alive in this movie.
She may have appeared early on in the process but sometime they decided to not include her.
It's referenced in the film though and it's important. Won't spoil anymore.

I liked the joke that it was just a outpost david bombed. Like a summer camp thing for Engineers.

The film works but if you want answers to the Promethues questions, forget it.... Ridley changed a fuckload just to make this "work."

Alex Jones said that this movie is trying to warn us of the plans the elite (NWO) have for humanity.

>I'm not sure what to make of this.

Anytime.

Cannot wait.

It's out in many countries. Many people have watched it (including myself).

>First Covenant teasers and trailers made it seem like a back to basics feature with gritty aesthetics and characters wearing straw hats

>Turns out it even more pretentious and masturbatory than Prometheus that continues to shit on one of the most beloved dark sci-fi universes because muh philosophy and muh meaning of life

Ridley has gone full Lucas: he hated that his signature movie was great not just because of him (Syd Mead, Giger, Dan O'Bannon), and that people that came after him managed to add their own flair to it (Cameron, Fincher, Jenet) for better or worse. So now he's just fucking retconning it out of subconscious spite.

You already posted this in the other thread you fucking asspie.

Well there's multiple threads going on, what i am gonna do, rewrite my opinion justr because i posted it already?

"Not all quotes you see on the internet are real but it's fun to pretend that they are" -Abraham Lincoln

>there's multiple threads going on
Moderation on this site is such shit. When a big movie like this comes out Mods should sticky a general and nuke any threads outside of it on sight.

Question are the two prologues that were released, The one with the crew having dinner, and the one of David carpet bombing the engineers in the movie? Or is it just the viral marketing.

Because honestly id hate for it to be left out

David carpet bombing the engineers

That's included.

Dinner scene, not sure.

I didn't watch those but seen the film.

My fellow americans, can u shoot in the head motherfucking Ridley Scott so he couldnt make any shite alien movie and destroy the franchise? THANK YOU

it has James Franco being sick and going to bed. And then every one has a little party. Then one member starts choking as a red herring. And then knock off Ripley has a speech about how Earth is proud of what they are doing and such.

So the carpet bombing scene is in? So is that the only scene Shaw is in?

>the next one will be better, honest
t. Damage control shill

Go to bed Ridley

Probably an electrician or something who got lost on set. Nobody cared enough to do another take.