What was so bad about starfleet having at least one or two militarized ships again...

What was so bad about starfleet having at least one or two militarized ships again? Like the guy using it was a cunt and retarded for letting memepatch steal it but you should probably have one lying around for defense
Also why were all the abrams ships so fuckhueg

the idea was that all federation ships were partially war ships (as starfleet was/is technically a millitary organisation, even with ground forces (ex maco)) and could build warships when needed. They did not want to build a warfleet since one of the lessions of trek history is that weapons always find their war. On top of that star fleet was formed after the defeat of the romulans and the federation was on oar with the only remaining active empire even without dedicated warships.

>>its an amerikuk things his guns make him safe but actually make it far more likely a child will die of an unintended gunshot wound episode

gene would weep at the stupidity of the children who cheer the militarization of his peaceful vision of mankind

They did. Thats what the Defiant was for.

The problem with the USS Vengence was that Captain Robocop was a legit nutter who wanted to preemptive strike the Romulans/Klingons etc.

All their ships are primarily for research and exploration, they can just also be used as warships. You can't really market yourself as a peaceful conglomerate of planets and also have dedicated warships flying about the place all the time.

Even with the Romulans and Cardassians, the Federations entire stance is "look, we'll go for peace if you want to". bit hard to have that stance and also have warships flying about the Neutral Zone

That's not really the most practical approach though. In this sense Star Trek is kind of a dystopia, that when war comes they send fully manned ships to fight instead of unmanned/android war vessels. The society in the Federation has this weird hangup to involve humans in everything, but at the same time completely limiting them in terms of cyber/genetic enhancements.

The Dominion really should have won by all rights.

>Using 21st century thinking to rationalise 24th century enlightened logic

Found your problem right there

Yes, I'm aware that's a bullshit cop out

>nu-Enterprise as big as Enterprise-E
Fuck me, so the small detail that Nero changed in the past was to somehow double the scale of everything? How does that happen?

>little ship gets completely BTFO by gigantic pointy beast
>solution is to increase the size/firepower of everything

That's logical. what's stupid is that Abrams INSISTED that the nu-Enterprise be built on the ground then launched into space somehow. And then occasionally re-enter and leave atmosphere easily.

>All-terrain Enterprise
I'm surprised he didn't show it landing on a planet, deploying landing gear and wheeling around some giant desert like a go-kart.

>and also have dedicated warships flying about the place all the time.
You keep them parked?

We're explorers, not fighters, number one!

Which show do I start to watch if I want to get into the lore of ST?

What happened is at the last possible minute they realized the scaling on the shuttlecraft was wrong, so they just doubled the size of the Enterprise. This means that the bridge windows are 12 feet tall on the outside and 6 feet tall on the inside, the deck windows don't match the new number of decks, and so on, but they couldn't be bothered to come up with a better fix.

circled the ones i'd fuck

>he wouldn't the Intrepid

gay

it's not a big guy

>not fucking with the Ambassador Class

Classy as fuck son, get with the program

eh... she's a bit like the ugly sister of the galaxy class

TNG or TOS. TNG is newer and has aged pretty well.

Only Enterprise and Nu-Trek is cannon now.

Hope you enjoy Scott Bakula.

>What was so bad about starfleet having at least one or two militarized ships again?

There was no need. Everyone else in their neghborhood were pansies just as they are - yes, even Klingons and Romulans.

Then comes the Dominion.