"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior...

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. And now because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king."
>I also wear the mantle of king
>also wear the mantle
>also
Wait...did he just imply that he was already Black Panther before he was king? And that being King and being Black Panther aren't the same thing??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uZU7Y1Hdww0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

Yes, what else could he mean? His father obviously isn't in any state to be Black Panther-ing, so he passed it on to his son.

It makes sense. ]Better than the original idea that it was all one thing, and you won your right to be King/Panther in a fistfight, before eating the heart-shaped herb.

having the black panther and the king was always a bit stupid, why would you want your king out running around superheroing? you want him running the country. Also, you can have very old kings who are quite good at being kings due to being so old and wise, while old black panthers probably tend to get shot in the head very quickly.

>old black panthers probably tend to get shot in the head very quickly.
Are you fucking stupid?
Do you know ANYTHING about Black Panther??

Has Marvel done anything interesting with T'Challa being King of the Dead?

Wewuzia

He led an army of zombies.

Is there something that this gary stu didn't?

its just an expression for saying an older feebler man will get wrecked

To be fair, they did initially refuse to listen to him but then Namor put his trident through one of their skulls.
Good thing T'Challa had his boyfriend there really

I wonder, with the unknown whereabouts of the Soul Gem and Black Panther's importance to Infinity War, if we might get a version of the King of the Dead in the MCU.

That's not how it works anyway.
For one thing, the heart-shaped herb means he's not going to be as "older and feebler" as a normal man. For another, you wouldn't stay Black Panther long enough to get feeble because you have to fend off a few dozen challengers every year. If you're no longer tip-top, you won't be Black Panther very long.

As for the "shot in the face" part, you better bring a MUCH bigger gun than that helicopter in Civil War or you're just going to piss him off.

Not really, no. He's more BATMAN than Batman.
BP's gadgets and vehicles are Fantastic-Four-Tier. You own a company? He owns a country. You got kevlar? He's got vibranium. You've got ancient martial arts? He's got totem magic powers. You refuse to kill? He doesn't give a shit.

On top of his in-universe powerlevel, he's also the first black character to have super-powers, and the first african super-hero. He did miss out on "first black super to not have 'black' in his name", Falcon got that one.
So I guess there you go: there's something he didn't do.

Don't ever post in the future because a modern warrior king cum superhero is fucking sick even if most writers fuck it up

Here's a question. Wakanda is the most technologically advanced country in the world, so why is most of the le rest of Africa third world? In tens of thousands of years, they never thought to share their technological innovations?

Yes. Wakanda hates everyone, other Africans included.

They're a bunch isolationist asshole's who supposedly have the cure for cancer but refuse to share with anyone because dirty foreigners. Wakanda has always been kinda shitty. I also never got why such an advanced country still walked around with spears and tribal shit and still had a king with no other form of representation.

Wakanda can be all over the place. In some stories, its rise to power is pretty recent, and they had to learn their shit fast during the Scramble for Africa. In others, they've been advanced for millennia.

WE

The best version is the one where T'Challa is a Meiji/Peter the Great dude and basically singlehandedly modernized the country after studying abroad. Makes him more unique rather than 'the latest in a line of african monarchs'

Ancient african sci fi kangs n shieet is yuck

They thought of it, but decided it was a bad idea.
To go back to the first part of the question, most of the rest of Africa is third world because most of the rest of Africa has been conquered over and over again by european empires who bled them for resources to develop their own countries wit
British, French, etc, all the way back to the Roman Empire. Conquered territories were exploited, not developed.

Wakanda has a leg up because they've never been successfully conquered by anyone. Then T'Chaka had the idea around World War II that it was going to be necessary to learn from the rest of the world. He allowed the export of small amounts of vibranium for a very, very high price and allowed scientists to study vibranium in Wakanda in exchange for the rest of the world's scientific knowledge. So this isolationist tribal culture bought the best scientific education available, fully modernized, and surpassed the rest of the world in pretty much one generation. By this point, every country around them was already a shit-tier territory of some european power, so giving their neighboring countries any of their dangerously-advanced tech would mean putting that tech in the hands of european imperialists who would only use it to kill.

The entire point of monarchy is to have someone who doesn't wear himself out toiling all day, instead he can rest, eat well, and practice combat.. then when invaders show up, he will fight them off. he lives in a big fucking house made of stone because that way everyone in the village can hide in it while he's out defending them. it's a basic necessity of life when the majority of the populace are hard laborers

but the monarchy did what the boss always does: take the entire pay, do a fraction of the job, use a tiny fraction of his pay to pay other people to do the rest of his job for him. and eventually start thinking he was inherently special rather than chosen by the people to work for them

>most of the rest of Africa is third world because most of the rest of Africa has been conquered over and over again by european empires who bled them for resources to develop their own countries wit
>British, French, etc, all the way back to the Roman Empire. Conquered territories were exploited, not developed.
oh my god are the public schools actually teaching this now? that even THAT is our fault?
pro tip guys: they wouldn't have been so easy to conquer if they weren't already third world, and they never had any fucking resources other than natural ones. the same natural resources that they were so reliant on, leading to primitivity in the first place. those resources are gone because they never developed them, and climates fucking change over time. we didn't steal all their WATER, we took their DIAMONDS.

>but refuse to share with anyone because dirty foreigners
Not quite. They refuse to share it because whatever technology they used to cure cancer can also be used to create some unthinkably horrific weapon. Think of Einstein and Oppenheimer spending the rest of their lives campaigning against nuclear weapons after giving the world that power. In their case, it was unavoidable because the Nazis were working on it, too, so if they didn't give it to the Allies first then the Axis would be the ones to develop it.
But imagine if there is no war and you discover a process by which you could, for example, create a bioweapon that could be tailored to infect and kill every cell containing a certain trigger gene. You could use this to kill off entire ethnic groups, but you could also use this to kill every cell with damaged telomeres, eradicating cancer within a patient. Would you release this information knowing that it would only be a matter of time before some fringe country made a super-virus to kill everyone who wasn't north korean?

The they went full Dubai on everything, whilst keeping their tradition and sense of honour and duty.

I can buy that.

>they never had any fucking resources other than natural ones.
Could you extrapolate on this a little?

I wonder if their cancer treatment can also turn people into mutants and they hold out on it out of disgust.

Dude.
You need to read up on ancient Rome.
I'm not talking about taking WATER or DIAMONDS, I'm talking about taxing the shit out of colonies you've conquered so they don't have the money to modernize. I didn't say anything about climate at all.
PROTIP:
Nevada is a fucking desert.
Nevada has a gambling industry that runs in the billions.

Has there ever been a story were some Wakandan terrorist or foreign insurgent actually does something like this? Because the idea of "you are not ready for this technology" holds a lot more weight when there's an actual example to look at. I can only think of Klaw and his sound blaster but I thought he had that before hand and the vibranium just made it better, like vibranium bullets would be better than regular ones.

Either way, being able to be king by an arm wrestling contest is super dumb
As illustrated in the times where someone real fucking evil beats the king and everyone just rolls with it

I'd like to see a story about how fictional foreign countries like Wakanda and Latveria treat mutants actually.

>Black Panther thread
>Not one Black Dynamite joke

God, imagine an assassin like Bullseye with vibranium bullets that bounce like Cap's shield.

>Wakanda hates everyone, other Africans included.

This holds true for a number of IRL African nations.

And they ALL hate Nigeria.

Can you guys please take this somewhere else, I just wanna talk about comics without having to read this shit.

Wouldn't happen, because Panther God, spirits of ancestors, etc, etc. Isn't there something about the heart-shaped herb being poisonous to anyone other than the Black Panther? I wouldn't be surprised if an evil person who somehow won the challenge just had a Panther-God-induced heart attack.

Also, not sure if this is canon in the comics or not, but during the challenge ceremony where T'Challa wins the crown from his uncle in the BET Black Panther series the sportscasters say that one guy couldn't be king even if he won because there's a literacy requirement.

Did you seriously cite the BET cartoon where Cap is a good old boy

But as a system of government it's dumb as hell. It allowed for shit like King Killmonger, didn't it?

How powerful is Black Panther anyway ?

>He's more BATMAN than Batman.
Especially when Hudlin's writing him.

Super soldier formulae comes from the og herb

He couldn't even hit Steve

Killmonger has a similar skillset and intelligence to T'Challa aside from extreme acts of super science, he's not that bad just kind of evil because he decided to name himself Killmonger

Movie Cap apparently got a beefier super soldier serum than comics cap.
He did a three ton curl when he stopped that helicopter from taking off, 616 Cap can't even do 1000 lbs.

Pretty sure this is more than a thousand pounds.

that's totally how it canonically works

the heart-shaped herp and the tiger derp give the Black Panthro superpowers, they don't make him fucking immortal with an indestructible forcefield

eventually someone will kill them

>Yes, what else could he mean? His father obviously isn't in any state to be Black Panther-ing, so he passed it on to his son.
It makes sense that as soon as the son was able to defeat his own father in combat, the king would immediately give the young man the position of Black Panther. You don't want the son to become Black Panther only when he is already 45 years old. You want BP to be at his prime.

Wakanda not sharing its secrets is just wise decision making.

Soon as they start sharing their tech they become more vulnerable to attack. Remember they're just a tiny country sitting on top of the most valuable mineral on the planet. History tells a tragic tale of countries like that. Especially when you have superpowers like China, Russia and the USA salivating to get a piece of Wakanda.

National security is the #1 priority for Wakanda. Their entire way of life is based on vibranium. If someone were to take that away, the country would quickly collapse or be taken over.

Keep reading. The second sentence explains why you're wrong.

Here, I'll repeat the gist of it for you:
Long before he gets old and feeble, he'll be replaced by a younger, stronger Black Panther.
The whole idea of "old, feeble Black Panther" makes about as much sense as "old, feeble, reigning UFC champion". It just won't happen.

Somebody.watched that?

Out of universe is because its just the "hidden african kingdom" cliche mixed with comic sci fi, thus them having fucking spears shooting lasers.

In universe its because Wakanda like many african nations is gyper diverse with many clans all with differng traditions and tech levels and shit. And they all hate eachother and are literally one minute away from exploding

Because the title gets passed when they become old and feeble?

Wakanda always collaoses though

I dont get the joke behind this meme. I get its brought up when people bring up advanced african nations but I dont get the humour.

Environmental determinsm ? Are you fucking serious?

That was my headcanon but where was it confirmed?

What should I read if I want to get into Black Panther?

When they loose to a challenge so yeah. Its like an election. A retarded election

Mcgreggor run
Priest run
Avengers emh
Coats maybe
Comitt suicide

Priest's run is good

It recently had some TPBs rereleased as Black Panther The Complete Collection if you're into that.

Anything notable about Hudlin's run besides him putting Silver Surfer in a headlock and marrying Storm?

It's the only way for writers to create drama for Black Panther. Wakanda is BP's true love. Comic book hacks always go for the hero's love interest.

I have a feeling the MCU will play it off as the roles of Black Panther and King of Wakanda are always separate. T'challa will be special because he'll be the first to hold both titles. Also, I think he'll get his King of the Dead ability based on that speech he gave to Widow about death only being the jumping off point in his culture.

Epic theme song

youtu.be/uZU7Y1Hdww0

No. The Hudlin run sucks.

>That T'Challa
>That Natasha
muh dick

Sup Forums likes screenshotting stupid people that disagree with them because they think it makes them look smarter so I assume it's borne some retard's blog that they repurposed to be some strawman rebuttal of a strawman. It's not really funny though. Sup Forums-tier humor.

Third world is a term to identify countries that weren't allied with the us or soviet during the Cold War.

not determinism, just.. yknow, retardation. it's not their fault they were last to develop, any more than it's europe's fault they were second-last to develop. the point is you don't consider the PEOPLE inferior just because their society and culture is. you go in there and you help them because they are people too, dammit
but you don't start pretending their flaws aren't flaws just to look sensitive and caring

>tumblr gets triggered

deserts are a challenge though, they produce the more relatively advanced people. that's why mesoamericans have more cool shit than the plains people a bit further north. and why civilization began in the middle east
the problem with the dry bits of africa is they started out way too lush and full of big nice fruit and big dangerous animals to bother, THEN became a desert later, after they were already way too fucked up by foreign contact to develop their own shit.
they should really just move though

more specifically, countries that have no stance on communism vs capitalism because THEY HEV no maaney

America is the most technologically advanced country in the world why don't they just fix Mexico and all the South American countries????

>limited amount of vibranium
>tech depends on vibranium
>not gonna share shit

Saudi Arabia is a third world country, user...