Stupid people doing dumb things, the film

Stupid people doing dumb things, the film.

What ps2 game screenshot is this?

*the franchise

true crime: streets of LA

the first was best written

Unironically my favourite movie of 2017
Fite me

That was a fun game

second was memorable in the vein of predator as in it was so cheesy it was good. too bad all the norman wom'st've flocked to such a cinema soiled such a franchise

Looks like a loaf of bread

that's because he's made of wheat

>wom'st've
What the fuck?

Man made wheat?

Yeah, the fuck happened with Ridley? Covenant was an inferior Aliens. You'd think nigga would try to make the prequels at least more horror oriented.

aye

>the fuck happened with Ridley?
He got old. The death of his brothers fucked him up pretty bad too.

Is the movie at least scary?
Seems like they were trying reel in the horror crowd like they did with Prometheus.

I honestly think that Prometheus was one of the shittiest movies I've ever seen.

Will I enjoy this?

shouldn't all those decals be black

>brotherS
Oh shit, that's hard. Sometimes you forget these guys are human beans too.

it had one scene which was pretty scary. however, I completely disagree that prometheus was trying to reel in the horror crowd. this was definitely more of a horror movie

depends. if you liked david as a character, you might enjoy it. it also fixes the issue of the crew not being at all believable and making insane decisions (which is why I'm guessing OP hasn't actually seen it). but it's still a movie made by a demented old man retroactively applying a confused science fantasy backstory to a movie that didn't need one

>it also fixes the issue of the crew not being at all believable and making insane decisions

Are you fucking joking?

>I'm gonna fuck you up David, you're literally the devil
>yeah whatever, just look inside this creepy egg for a second
>ok!

I knew Ridley back in the mid 2000s... and you're right. He's fucking depressed these days after his brother committed suicide (by jumping off the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro, California.).

His original work on Alien was almost visionary at the time. The film was unlike anything anyone had seen before. I sat in on the first screening of Alien in 1979 and people were utterly horrified. It scared THE UTTER SHIT out of me. Some people even required medical attention at the theaters at the time as a result of the shock. There were several complaint to my local cinema at the time because the work "fucker" was used three times or something. That's how prudish people were then.

These days the concept of the ALIEN is very worn out. I just sat through Alien Covenant and although the VFX were brilliant, I found the lack of true bone-chilling fear to be distracting.

What's worse for me is that the story went from vague to overly-explained for American audiences. They literally spelled certain things out with repeated camera angles just in case you missed a key piece of information.... and that was distracting.

I DO like that the female lead was plain enough without being unattractive. But virtually everything in the story was predictable and that's kind of sad.

My complaint about the film is a common one: PLEASE STOP SHOWING KEY MOMENTS OF A MAJOR MOVIE IN THE SCENES SHOWN IN THE TRAILERS. Especially if those key scenes appear at the end of the film.

This movie could have been much better in the hands of another director/producer OTHER than Ridley Scott. It was acceptable - but barely.

I have just watched Alien for the first time today and the scene with the big dead alien guy (an engineer, as revealed in Promethus) gave me goosebumps

>This movie could have been much better in the hands of another director/producer OTHER than Ridley Scott. It was acceptable - but barely.
everyone sucks
nolan is the most competent director and he kind of sucks

What was shown at the end of the film in the trailers?

t.didn't watch any of them and avoided most things about this movie.

sounds like a worthy successor to Prometheus, then

what should he have done? bearing in mind that at this point he had completely lost his composure by now, and understandably so

found the plaebian

Shot David right there and then!

would that have killed david (an android), and stopped the alien from hatching?

Not stick his head into an alien egg? Not fall into c-grade slasher logic?

it would have been extremely painful

covenant and prometheus would be much better if they had nothing to do with alien. ridley's not fooling anyone, we know he didn't have this grand idea for a backstory in 1979

should have just made a new unrelated series to explore the whole AI and engineers thing, there are too many compromises made to ensure that it ends up coming back around to the xenomorph and (more annoyingly) to have some kind of throwback or reference to alien/aliens every 15 minutes

he's treating it like disney treats star wars, but it's not the same audience. just tell the story you want to tell, you're not gonna get people standing up and clapping because they saw the thing they're familiar with on the screen again.

>go outside of ship
>realize there is all that plant life and water and shit
>no animals whatsoever

>continue your voyage instead of getting back to ship, fortifying it, arming yourself, and figuring out why no animals on planet

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I would have included all of Giger's works into Alien. Everything, be it supernatural or super dimensionally. They all suck, they lack my genius.

This exactly this.

MUH ALIEN
ruins it.

Is there a scene in Covenant where someone does something more retarded than this?

Giger, Giger's works were the answer. Hollywood's over run with normies who don't have an ounce of creativity in all of them combined. Giger's works showed them the way but not a one of them, NOT EVEN RIDLEY had the courage to forage into Giger's universe. A bunch of no good fucking cowards, ALL OF THEM! HOLLYWOOD only cares about consumerisms. None of it is at all unique, NONE OF IT IS AT ALL ART! They're worthless, all of them.

There's a bit that's cut out in which he collected a lot of those worms and they playfully wrapped around his fingers and hands and acted cute. This was before the black goo reached them. It'd be like playing with a kitten and then seeing a cat. Of course the studio hated the length of Prometheus and demanded Ridley trim it down to nothing.

>ridley's not fooling anyone, we know he didn't have this grand idea for a backstory in 1979
The headcannon he had for the alien when he shot the original was great, I dont know why he didnt run with that.
The idea that the alien they find is a terrified juvenile, and a member of an advanced spacefairing race with its own civilization.

So many that I can't even count them

The themes of creation, rape, and engineering, as well as parasitic replacement, would have been interesting as a sole focus.

It definitely needed the xenomorphs to work through these themes, and it would have worked had they cut out the peripheral habitation plot line.

It's an entire film made out of references to other Zeitgeist artifact; David as Hannibal, the well-composed geneticist; the cavernous systems with cliche camera angles towards the Xenomorphs, reminiscent of the Descent; and, of course, the almost insultingly cheap Psycho shower scene.

I'm mixed on that.

They had enough stuff between Prometheus and Alien Covenant to do their own thing and take out the aliens.

I feel they did kinda do Giger esque things- Shaw's body and the animals/zoology stuff was creepy.

But man could they have done more.
Pic Related.

It feels like it should be in there naturally.

I wish they could have used the neomorph/deacon concept more in this film

pls don't be samefag

What was the point of sticking him in at the end of Prometheus?

I think the deacon could have been included somewhere, anywhere.

Maybe as a painting or something.

We can still save it, I know we can. Giger's genius can't die here. We can just go crazy. When it doubt go nuts.

Something will stick, somethings won't but Covenant's going to swear people off this stuff once it bombs. We don't want it to end likes this, do we?

Yeah loads
The Captain sticks his head over a live alien egg when David (who has just revealed himself as the creator of the aliens who killed his crew) says 'dont worry, its perfectly safe lolz'

They take the colony ship 40kms below the altitude that is considered to compromise the ship's structural integrity.

Alien is breaking out the back of an already dead man and the crew decide to break quarantine.

Nobody wears a fucking helmet at any point despite stepping foot on an unknown planet.

There are more but you get the idea
As long as you are not autistic about this kind of stuff it's an enjoyable movie though.
Couple of really good action scenes save it

Yeah. Some dude is about to fuck David up but then for no reason decides to trust David and follow him into a creepy dungeon full of creepy eggs and stick his face into one

What's more frustrating is that because of the backlash of Prometheus and the MUH ALIEN crowd, the sequel that was the natural step/talked about with David and Shaw going to the Engineers planet was scrapped/changed.

I still want that story. Release it as a book if you have to.

I liked Covenant enough because of the balance between Prometheus and alien but man the alien stuff was so dull. The last chase sequence felt unnecessary because we had seen it before.

I don't know where the sequel will go and that's frustrating because the MUH ALIEN(S) is the likely option.

Lucas said that when Studios controls a movie they don't give a damn about creativity and only cares about what They themselves deems sell-able, or Viable. All the while people either rejects it or accepts it. And then the studio wills say, People are not Ready For Giger-esque fiction when it was their mediocrity that was rejected. I hate them all.

Is this a fucking comedy?

The fact it was called Alien Covenant was worrysome to me plus all the interviews with Ridley trying to say it's a Promethues Sequel whilst being an Alien story.

I feel like this shouldn't have been the next film after Prometheus and there should have been another one in between.

That's likely what's going to happen.

It's sad but I think that's why the studio gave Ridley the go ahead. Ridley promised them he'd try to rekindle Alien's success. Studios love redos. Redos are safer. But no one wants that shit. NO. Prometheus was poorly done but it wasn't a failure, not by a long shot. And yet the studios and Ridley are of the mind that people hated the Engineer plot when it's the piss poor story telling that pissed us off.

You Hear Us RIDLEY? WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR ALIEN REDO, ELECTRIC FUCKING BOOGALOO! Give us Giger-esque fantasy, not your lame duck bullshit.

Why couldn't the engineers be more like aloft like the Greek gods were in the original wrath of the titans? Or like the gods, Horus and Anubis in that French scifi real life meets 3d weird thing, we saw some years back. Why did you have to rehash alien all over again? NO one gives a fuck about alien. You promised us Engineers Ridley, not this shit!

becuase faggpts like people in this thread cryed to the fuckin moon and back they they didnt like prometheus because they thought it was going to be more like alien but instead the got a film that made you think outside of just jump scares, so ridley saw this and now think to make his films good he needs to just copy past alien

He's channelling Lucas.

You know the reason.

MUH ALIEN crowd.

It's the same with TFA and the MUH ORIGINAL TRILOGY.

The Engineers lost all the interest now they were genocided. It's kind of a dead end now.
Maybe there's more Engineers? And they go looking for David, perhaps too kill him and steal the aliens.

That's not at all true. NO one wanted Alien Redux. No one. People only ever complained about the scientist being Absolutely fucking retarded. Studios only heard PROMETHEUS wasn't interesting but they never listened as to why. It's like a shit cook making you Baked chicken and because you complain of how it tasted of shit, they decide to make you baked Duck instead, using the very same cook and ingredients. You don't want duck because it's too fucking chewie but all they heard was that you didn't like the Chicken. You love chicken however you're just fucking put off albeit a little peeved at how it was prepared but that doesn't reach them. They only heard that you don't like chicken and that in actuality you probably has a off the charts disdain for chicken.

Ridley has gone full Lucas: he hated that his signature movie was great not just because of him (Syd Mead, Giger, Dan O'Bannon), and that people that came after him managed to add their own flair to it (Cameron, Fincher, Jenet) for better or worse. So now he's just fucking retconning it out of subconscious spite.

All the pleb normies I know love this whomst "meme" for some reason.
It seems that you are, in fact, the true plebeian, user.

Are Alienfags the capeshitters of sci-fi/horror? Interesting and makes you think. Because this franchise provided one great film, one solid one and a bunch of total crap, yet it gets hyped and talked about nonstop. Huh...

>muh cosmic horror
woooowwwwww

>muh fear of unknown
yeah, no shit sherlock

>muh xeno
literally a tall dude in a rubber suit or a video game-tier CGI that looks like it comes from a 2007 animation

>muh Cameron
killed the franchise with his retarded retconned ideas

I promise you this isn't all there is to it. It's no different than telling one story about a group of people you'd come across in a fall out bunker. You can't dismiss an entire species of humans and their billions of stories because a bunch of military types in a fall out bunker behaved a particular type of way. That'd be like aliens going to India and seeing millions shitting publicly and the designated shitting streets and then saying, all humans most likely behaves this way. That'd be horribly unfortunate.

There's a method to Lucas' madness. In an article and even in an interview, circa, 1995/1997, Lucas legitimately believed that He and Stephen would be out of business because, as he believed, "In a few years you'll be making movies on computers so you'd only ever have to pay for likeness and audio, other than that, it'll all be fixed in computers. It doesn't even matter what you put on film" Autistic perhaps, but that was Lucas' reasoning. Fuck if I know what's wrong with Ridley. Maybe his brother dying fucked him irreparably.
Poor guy.

Alien 3 and Ressurection are AA and B-Movie kino. Not even baiting or being ironic there, Just like Kermode said, what's great about this franchise is how different the next movie is. Ridley just hates O'Bannon's and Giger's legacy and tries to undo it as hard as he can.

I guess but it doesn't feel natural, you have to force the story to get to the Engineers now.

i think its timesplitters 2

Man, you would think the last guy would have realized he was destined for prison if he dated her.

>you're not gonna get people standing up and clapping because they saw the thing they're familiar with on the screen again.

user, I....

You only think the guy sticking his head over the egg is stupid because you know there is a facehugger in it, he doesn't. That said putting your face over it is probably still a bad idea holy shit think about what you're saying.
>hurr why couldn't he just figure out this egg had a creature in it that will launch out of the egg and attach itself to his face??!?

I Promise you, you don't. We can just look at the Engineers in a context that Ridley shot them in, and then compare that shot, to how oddly and near drone like the ones at the military facility behaved. It's literally light and day.

The one who remained, his sacrifice was reverent. The ones who looked on, did so, Reverently. There was nobility and something rather spiritual there. The military ones, the ones who ran into the chamber and the one who was woken up, there was something, almost, blunt about them. Think of them as what would happen if Sauron won middle earth. Think of them as modernist, pollutionist, Veritable cogs in the wheel, polluting all. The ones who stood with the sacrifice at the beginning of Prometheus were the naturalist, the botanist, the watchers and waiters and seekers of signs and portents, the naturalist, the ones who sought to touch the face of god.

E.t. Phone home

>As long as you are not autistic about this kind of stuff it's an enjoyable movie though.
>autistic
I understand you meant to write the words "reasonably intelligent" instead. You just confirmed the movie as another unwatchable shitfest made for morons.

This is a good way to put it.

You obviously haven't seen DOOM

Trailer propagation is decided by suits and the trailer house that pump them out in time for launch. It's how the beast works these days because they think they make the sell by selling images you want to see rather than something that can coerce you in. Basal risk management.

You're a big space jockey

they fucked up when they went for the smaller jockey in prometheus and ruin the epic scale

>tfw thought it meant trapped into child support

I'm retarded

Are you retarded?He didnt know anything about the eggs like we did.He was completely clueless about how they infect people and his curiosity ended up killing him.

Alien 3 isn't as bad as the meme bandwagon hate would lead one to believe, the problem is audiences wanted Aliens 2.
Resurrection is hamstrung by the Joss Whedon script, but otherwise is a technical masterpiece with some iconic scenes.
All 4 alien movies have a fond place in my heart.
AvP and prometheus have a warm place in my hemorrhaging bowels.

The one positive surprise of this movie was seeing Danny McBride not in a comedic role.

We lost Blomkamp's Aliens 2, for this.

Life was better than this. Xenomorph should retire.