Some guy shows a CN intern the Wall

>some guy shows a CN intern the Wall
>notices a very very old Cowboy Bebop drawing on it
>thinks its a good idea to draw all over it with his his dumb calarts style cartoon face
>guy watches him do it, but doesn't stop him but tells him that he fucked up
>intern feigns ignorance
>guy goes on twitter and complains about it later(doesn't give the intern's identity despite sounding outraged by it)
Something sounds fishy about this story Sup Forums. It sounds like an inside job by two bored dickheads interning at CN who wanted to piss off a bunch of nerds

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m9gjW9RmkpY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

or they just don't give a shit about an old cartoon

I find it awfully hard to beilieve that people that work in the field of animation don't respect/ or know about Cowboy Bebop.

Who the fuck cares? It's a graffiti wall. What the fuck makes his doodle so special? I wish the intern drew it bigger so it was completely covered.

>that smug face
he knew what he was doing dammit

Sometimes you just feel like destroying something beautiful.

This. It's just one drawing of Spike on a wall. It's not like this guy drew over a fucking original animation cell or something

>who the fuck cares
A lot of people did apparently. They cared so much they wanted to track down the guy that did it and have him fired for it.
That sounds like logic coming from a 12 yro who gets excited from breaking shit, then lying about it so he can get off scott free.

Tbph if someone drew that gay ass man/girl face over my drawing I would be pissed too
It's like if someone saw your drawing book but drew over one of your drawings when they could literally choose anything else even a blank paper, like fuck

That is true, but im questionining the validity of their story, not the sanctity of the drawing itself. Besides, graffitii or not, there was a good amount of people that worked there that thought the spike drawing was pretty cool. Wouldn't it be kinda dickish to destroy something that's not hurting you or anyone else just for the lulz...?

If he had actually somehow managed to do that, I think i would literally kill him.

As in, I'd hunt him down, learn about his day to day habits and kill him while he's alone and vulnerable.

Thats no excuse to actually do it. The guy is a shithead no matter how you cut it.

No shit, it has been proven there's a good amount of empty space still there. He did it solely for controversy, he probably thinks he some amazing troll. It really is just a drawing though and doesn't fucking matter, it's not like he drew over original concept art. It's like if he took someone's sketch at a con and drew on top of it, yeah it's disrespectful but who gives a shit when the artist is still fucking alive. It isn't like he went to the Sistine chapel and drew a bunch of dicks over the last judgement

It's disrespectful. But also a waste, because how often do foreign people who made iconic cartoons visit and draw something on that wall?

You'd get annoyed if you would get an autograph from someone you admire and someone would use it for a grocery list.

>It isn't like he went to the Sistine chapel and drew a bunch of dicks over the last judgement
That would actually be a bigger deal than drawing a smug calarts face over Spike since religion is serious business. Also, there's a very low chance whoever tried that would get away with it, since its under heavy security and people would kick his ass before he even touched it with his sharpie.

Underage b&s detected.

>uses infantile reasoning
>calls others underage
This little guy I swear

>I'm underage because I respect art.
Whatever fuckhead.

It was drawn by one of Cowboy Bebop's creators. People aren't mad about some random bit of graffiti being covered up.

Imagine one your heroes gave you an autograph on a napkin, and some asshole used that napkin to blow his nose.

Not true. Some asshole destroyed a priceless painting once as a protest against the soviet communist party. The painting was by some great Italian artist on loan from Moscow to this East European country I don't remember anymore. The dumbass destroyed a piece of history with acid for some retarded as fuck reason (how was depriving normal people of art is hurting the party any?). So no, people like that aren't always stopped in time, and it does happen.

how the hell did he use a no-aa brush on that wall

That's not why, kids.
youtube.com/watch?v=m9gjW9RmkpY

yes, but what does that have to do with the Sistine Chapel..?
>good luck getting away with vandalizing this with hundreds of religious fanatics visiting everyday

And sometimes you feel like destroying something ugly, like the faggot who drew that face

The intern probably just did it when no one was around OP.

The cowboy bebop drawing was done in light pencil, either the idiot didn't notice or thought it was fanart therefore not valuable and draw-over-able.

They were pompous for thinking they deserved a drawing on the stairwell anyways. You're a fucking intern, stick to the whiteboards.

>quoting a movie for edgy tweens
the cringe doesn't stop

>implying Cowboy beepboop is even that good.

You don't have to think Cowboy Bebop is good. But I call bullshit on any one who works as a animator and say they heard of it.

Guarantee you everyone who goes lol lik wats the big deal??? is an AT/SU faggot.

*never heard

The worst part about this, to me, is that not only did that fuck draw over that picture of spike, he fucking had to pencil out his smug face before committing to marker.

like nigga, if you ain't got the balls to draw a shitty face in one go, maybe you're in the wrong field.

Holy shit I never noticed that. I didn't think that person could be a bigger cunt but here we are

>this thread
>again

I want to burn down a museum.

An animation cell would be less of a loss. There are hundreds of those. Thousands.

>implying I wasn't an edgy tween when I watched it
This was THE movie on Sup Forums some 10 years ago. You can only be a underage b& or newfag if you don't recognize quotes from it.

It was a woman wasn't it

I watched Fight Club as a kid too but you don't see me treating it like some kind of gospel.

>intern probably drew their idea for a cartoon character on there
>been thinking and working on it's design/character for years
>can now never use it because the entire internet fucking hates them and if thye use it they'll know who they are
Only thing that keeps me going is that they're probably fucked by this. That art style will immediately be recognizable if they do anything with it, they'll have to completely re-invent themselves.

Especially since they're probably part of that Cal-arts crowd that's petrified of being doxxed.

The Sistine Chapel has already been destroyed through restorations.

Gospel, no, not unless you're under 18. But it's undeniably a classic.

They knew exactly what they were doing so I wouldn't feel sorry for them.

>>been thinking and working on it's design/character for years

I've heard it was a male actually. Someone knew who it was but wouldn't spill the beans.

I'm sure we could find this shitty style on tumblr somewhere if we tried hard enough. The artist better be thankful that I'm too much of a lazy fuck to do it.

>>been thinking and working on it's design/character for years

>in entertainment industry
>petrified of being doxxed
Wut?

>Someone draws a thing over a thing
Yeah, it's a dick move, but, whatever. It's a graffiti wall, shit's going to happen. If people devote their time and energy towards tracking this guy/girl down and doxxing them, they're pretty upset over a faint sketch that they've never personally seen and holds no meaning to them other than the fact that the creator of a cartoon they saw several years ago drew it.

It's not that Sup Forums has to need a reason to ruin someone's life nowadays, it's also that they no longer have the detective skills to do it.

ok so when I first saw this last year or whatever I posted it to my friend who is an animator there at the building. he said that the staff and everyone dont give a shit about it, the wall was a free draw wall and when students came to go on tours they were encouraged to draw on it. He really had no idea why the internet was so upset since the wall is intended to be doodled all over.

if you go to the deli across the street the whole back room is plastered with staff art mainly from CN...supervisors and stuff. Disney and Nick too, but mainly CN since it is so close and people go for lunch. Drawings on walls seems to be something the staff there like to do and they dont take it very seriously which may explain the lack of rage about the wall doodle going around.

>I posted it to my friend who is an animator there at the building. he said that the staff and everyone dont give a shit about it

Of course not, animation is on life support and most animators are clueless hacks and special snowflakes these days.

It was drawn by one of the creators while they were visiting the CN offices while they were in America back when Cowboy Bebop and Toonami were getting really fucking big, I remember hearing it was actually the only Cowboy Bebop official art made stateside. So by drawing over it, they were pretty much drawing over CN history, which pissed off a lot of people.

It was also 15+ years old and drawn by one of the creators of CB.

The guys a shit.

So it was well in time to be drawn over? If you draw shit on a graffiti wall, it's gonna be drawn over.

Right, let's just go back to the golden age, Yogi Bear and Hanna Barbera.

>Right, let's just go back to the golden age, Yogi Bear and Hanna Barbera.

Sure, wouldn't be any worse than CN today

>Especially since they're probably part of that Cal-arts crowd that's petrified of being doxxed.
I'm having a hard time buying that.

At least CN today is actually, y'know, animating, unlike Hanna Barbera.

>Special snowflakes have to bring up something as shitty as Hanna Barbara to seem valuable

>John K niggers think this is the lowest point when animation right now is mediocre at least

>Hey guys, at least we're not the lowest point in human history!

You're also probably not baby rapists/cannibals. Would you like a trophy for that?

We have ambitious, moderately okay shows on television right now. Most failures are in regards to storytelling, which is the writers fault. Quite a few shows nowadays look gorgeous and have nice animation. I'm okay this. It's hilarious that you actually think I'm an animator, though. What's your idea of animations 'high point'?

>Most failures are in regards to storytelling, which is the writers fault.
Because there shouldn't be "writers"

This is how I know you aren't an animator.

I could forgive this if the drawing wasn't so shit.

So what should be happening behind the scenes?

I know you really want this to be true, but it's not.

Cartooning.

And how does it not make sense to have different people who are good at different things in the process of 'cartooning'?

>people who don't cartoon should have an integral role in cartooning

Protip: Cartoon "writers" didn't exist before the 1960s. Cartoons were written by... *cartoonists*

Which was fine for smaller animation projects. But, it's harder to train a full, well-rounded cartoonist than it is to train a writer and an animator separately. If you're willing to throw away 50+ years of animation because you're butthurt over the idea of writers and animators being separate entities, you're beyond saving, though.

>Which was fine for smaller animation projects.
Or, y'know, every animated feature prior to the 1970s.

> But, it's harder to train a full, well-rounded cartoonist than it is to train a writer and an animator separately.
It seemed to work just fine in the past.

>If you're willing to throw away 50+ years of animation because you're butthurt over the idea of writers and animators being separate entities, you're beyond saving, though.
I know, my life is horribly empty without Wuzzles and the Justice Twins.

But didn't this guy do a majority of his best work post 1970's? I think that's him on the far right, at least.

Post 1970, I mean. Polite sage.

He still utilizes Golden Age production methods, and is responsible for reviving them with Mighty Mouse.

Are you sure you're representing the events correctly?
I remember it going:
>intern draws over Spike at some unknown point in the past
>guy passes through the stairwell at later point and notices it
>presumably, guy knows it was an intern's drawing by the inscription left out of the photo (to the right)
>guy gets pissed off, posts drawing on twitter or instagram or something

You can even see how the intern might have made the mistake, with how poorly lit the graffiti hallway looks, and how other drawings run over each other a little.

If you don't have any additional information, it makes more sense to me that the intern just fucked up and didn't show a drawing its due reverence by accident, then someone noticed it later. No need for a conspiracy.

Yes, that's how it went down. The guy that apparently was "pissed off" said himself he just stood there and watched him do it, but apparently he didn't try to stop him. Which is why I think it was an inside job just to create controversy.

From waht I can tell, the marker can be erased around the original drawing.

This.

all that other spaceand they chose over someone elses

*space and

I will never understand why this makes people so mad.

Maybe that's for the best because I know that it's gonna be a stupid reason.

I'm more upset that they had to go over it in pencil before using marker it as if it needed planning.

If you had any reading comprehension you would understand why people are reasonably upset. But you probably aren't that smart so thats why you are confused.

I want to breathe smoke

The solution would be to color the cowboy bebop drawing so it would be in front of the doodle

He said he watched the Cowboy Bebop guy draw the Spike drawing, not the intern draw over it. Either way the dude that originally got all pissy about this and decided to put some stupid intern on blast on twitter, is himself a giant steaming pussy and I assume he's reading this right now, pussy.

Is it just old or was it drawn by the creator?

It was drawn by one of the anime's leading character designers when he was visiting America. Its pretty much autograph.

Y'all niggas keep talking about what a travesty this was but none of y'all can even be assed to learn the motherfucker's name? 'Cuz I'm pretty sure it ain't "Wan Uvtha."

No one knows the guys name because they want to protect him or he did it when no one was around.

>It's a graffiti wall. What the fuck makes his doodle so special?
Even with regular ass graffiti by literal fucking nobodies, it's bad form, disrespectful, and a dick move to draw/paint over other peoples stuff.

Not him, "one of the creators of Cowboy Bebop." Like nobody even bothered to google his name before taking up swords for a drawing he probably doesn't remember doing.

Despite what most people think, most of the interns for CN don't actually go on to get a shitty new show, they just work there for maybe a year or two for credit towards their animation degree, and a lot of them have similar art styles due to them going to the same school, so it's not as easy as it looks
that and, desu, nobody really gives that much of a shit to track down somebody for drawing over a drawing, even if it was Spike. Bigger priorities, like jerking it to cheesecake, usually take precedence

See

Oh well the designer's name is Toshihiro Kawamoto. Im pretty sure no one mentioned his full name because they assumed people who actually cared about this already knew