So now that the X-Men movies have exhausted all their memorably good storyarcs...

So now that the X-Men movies have exhausted all their memorably good storyarcs, will they they move onto an Onslaught movie?
Who has the rights to an Onslaught movie? I would assume Fox since Onslaught was Magneto+Xavier, but it was a crossover event so maybe that fucks with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQbYyIEb1rs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

singer might try to do his own dark phoenix
after/in lieu of that they will definitely do onslaught

Yeah they've done:
Charles battles for Eric's soul, Wolvie needs frands
Charles battles for Eric's soul, Wolvie needs frands
Charles battles for Eric's soul, Wolvie has a sad
Charles battles for Eric's soul, Mystique needs frands
Charles battles for Eric's soul, Wolvie saves frands
and soon
Charles battles for Eric's soul, Mystique needs frands

Honestly I cannot see what else is left out there.

t. rightclopsfag

Naw, lets trot out Onslaught, a villain who makes Apocalypse look deep and insightful, while looking 50% more retarded.

And he has "Charles and Eric's soul" built right into the character!

As a bit of an X-Fag, should I feel wrong for not knowing Onslaught?

Nobody brings him up because the execution was stupid, but it was a massive deal at the time, more so because the end of it had the Fantastic Four and Avengers seemingly die.
You know how people say "Why are mutants hated when they're around?" Marvel decided to get rid of them.

It was in the 90's, wasn't it?

The big-ass spikes on his armor weren't enough of a giveaway?

Xavier mind melds with Magneto after brain wiping him, becomes the most OP character, and beats up everybody.
I'm not sure how it ended, so I'm just going to assume MvC is the canon ending and Xavier imagined a bunch of Street Fighter characters into beating himself up.

I only read bits and pieces, and it was a long time ago, but didn't Onslaught pretty much single-handedly bust up most of the Marvel Universe and "kill" a bunch of characters?

That's what tipped me off, actually.
The actual story being described just sealed the deal.

Yeps.
All so the HEROES can be REBORN.

It ended with Jean Grey going into the Merged (Green Hulk's strength, Grey Hulk's cunning and sneakiness, and Banner's intelligence) Hulk's mind and shutting down Banner, so that the Hulk could go full retard strength and Smash his armor, only for Onslaught was an energy being now. So all the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Banner (but not the Hulk), and Doom (against his will) went into his energy form to contain them in their bodies, so the X-Men could kill him.
Your version makes more sense.

Aside from leading into Heroes Reborn clusterfuck and showing off how trash 90s Marvel is, the worst part about this is that that's not how removing Banner works

Only according to Byrne, and no one with any sense gives a single fuck about that creep's work anymore.

I've been genuinely, unironically hoping that Onslaught would be the next X-film since the moment Apocalypse was announced and it became clear they were going for a movie-per-decade type thing. After that maybe E for Extinction for the 00s, and AvX for the 10s.
I'm not sure if Apocalypse shitting the bed makes that more or less likely now. Singer just wanted to do X3 again, so will they shitcan him and adapt some 90s goodness instead or double down on 'his vision' like WB did with Snyder?

X-Force
New Mutants
Generation X
New X-men
more Deadpool
solo movies

they still haven't even gone to Space yet for fuck's sake

BEHOLD MY MIGHTY HAND

Yeah fuck all that Fantasic Four doomwank and memetastic She-Hulk, he's a pedo

Onslaught was a case where the people who created him weren't entirely sure what to do with him, other than a vague outline of "he starts out wanting to kill humanity to make mutants prosper and ends up just trying to kill all life on Earth." Add in the fifteen-odd writers that were involved in a crossover event of that scale, and he wound up just going "welp, guess I'd better kill the planet with my vaguely-defined powers" astonishingly quickly.

When you spell it out like that you make X-Men: Onslaught sound all the more enticing.
It's like the ultimate culmination of that running theme.

>So now that the X-Men movies have exhausted all their memorably good storyarcs

>What are the broods
>What is the shi`a empire
>what is the Phoenix dar phoneix
>what is new x-men
>what is Mr Sinister
>What are the Morlocks
>What is Inferno

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=AQbYyIEb1rs

>X-Men are transported to the Shi'Ar empire
>Magneto flies an asteroid there to steal some crystals or something
Calling it now.

I'd be fine if they stayed away from space forever. Every world-ending threat has been mutant in origin, having the Brood rain down on New York would completely neuter the moral quandary of "the mutant problem".

How do any of those relate to redeeming Magneto's soul tho?

they have several more memorables than just onslaught left but.. has anyone at the studio ever talked about interest in doing any of the space stuff?

personally i would love some x-force stories, after deadpools success the chance of them being greenlit feels much higher

i wonder how long they take this current class though, would be really fucking cool if we got a whole 3-4 movies with this scott/jean/storm core and rotated the rest of the roster around for different shit

we had lite purifiers in X2 so i dont really wana see that, but having sinister hyped over a movie or two then introduced would be coool

along with cable shenannigans

Does Fox have the balls to do God Loves, Man Kills?

X-2 was the closest you're getting.