/who/ - Doctor Who General

Fluid Link Edition

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1lZPi4OThoZ
doctorwhotv.co.uk/10-more-teasers-for-oxygen-84690.htm
reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/6a71d3/doctor_who_has_become_disgustingly_terrible/
youtube.com/watch?v=MnhArPKjYBY
youtube.com/watch?v=9SQANksVHps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>nothing

Man, user. How dead inside do you have to be to find Eccleston 'mediocre'? Are you depressed?

Don't listen to this pleb

Bill picks up the phone, calls her foster mum. No ringtone is heard. Try harder.

But if someone disliked Eccleston's season, considering how good it is, they're not going to be enamoured with the rest of RTD are they? Especially if they weren't keen on Christmas Invasion then Tennant is going to be pissing them off forever

oh fuck off edge. You're not even a nice person. You're rude even to brand new /who/bros. Everyone's tired of your shit. I used to defend you, but you really are just an arsehole.

>tfw don't know what a fluid link is

Surely you're baiting now?

There is a ringtone and it's in the beat of Simmdrums.

Okay, so her phone rings three times. Aaaaaaand what's weird about that?!

>seeing shit that isnt there

Are you baiting or something? Bill's mum calls HER

It rings four times.

From Neville's (Simms) phone as well.

The phone rings 3 times, nothing weird about that m8.

Yes, and it rings 3 times, like a normal phone.

Seems like you're the ones baiting, with the Simm nonsense.

You're literally wrong

vocaroo.com/i/s1lZPi4OThoZ

The ringtone is four beeps

Ignore the "3 times" user, he's just baiting

Tennant's first episode was pretty shitty for him though, he slept through half of it. You do have a point though, if you don't find Eccleston fun then I don't see how Doctor Who could get any better. You could argue that each Doctor has a different tone, but...

What are you talking about, user...?

Stop responding to people talking about you. By doing so you shift the topic of discussion to be about yourself and nobody wants to talk about that.

>The ringtone is four beeps
Right. Now we're getting somewhere. I thought the user was saying the beeptone rang 4 times in a row. So it rang 3 lots of 4 beeps, gotcha.

Still doesn't mean a thing. It's a bog standard Nokia ringtone ffs

I HATE Doctor Who

watch The Daleks

holy shit user, nice catch. i would say you're on to something but there's really no reason for the master to get with bill's mum, especially since 'neville' has clearly been with her since before The Pilot

HE WILL BEEP FOUR TIMES...?

must be the same user who was certain there were 13 knocks at the end of Thin Ice when there were 16.

The daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks the daleks

>especially since 'neville' has clearly been with her since before The Pilot
what has that got to do with literally anything

the daleks
the daleks
the daleks
the daleks
the daleks
the daleks

>people hearing a generic Nokia ringtone as a deliberate reference to Simm

The Midnight monster banged on the wall of the Midnight Tour bus 4 times. Was that a reference to Simm?!?!?!?!? :OOOOOO

SIMM IS NEVILLE. IT'S REVEALED AT THE END OF THE NEXT EP. SCREENCAP THIS.

>2. “Can you shut your girlfriend up?”
>10. Bill's mom!

doctorwhotv.co.uk/10-more-teasers-for-oxygen-84690.htm

Who do you envision saying quote 2 then?

What WAS the monster in Midnight, anyway? What did it want? What was it's end game?

>2. ''Can you shut your girlfriend up?''
How is this one relevant, fellow Simmchad?

Bill to Neville jokingly.

the tear duct, the tear duct, the tear duct, the tear duct

i guess he could've heard about the doctor and bill and time travelled back to become neville before bill leaves, but it's convoluted and unlikely. reminds me of the "dave is davros" meme from last christmas

Rude desu

>''Can you shut your girlfriend up?''

That's probably Nardole being comedy bitchy to the Doctor, about Bill.

Escape the Midnight world probably

Out of character for all three of them.
It's either:
>12 rudely to one of the side characters.
>One of the side characters rudely about Bill

Well I mean, it could survive on it's surface. Why did it want off in the first place? It had malicious intent, too. For what reason is never explained.

Fear of the unknown is an easy trope to play with, but I can't help but be curious.

Not out of character for Nardole, who made a couple of "ugh, who's she? what's she doing here?" comments about Bill in the Pilot. Plus we see Oxygen opens with 12 being rude to Nardole, so there could be some tension throughout the episode.

Bill is Simm in blackface disguise.

Screencap this.

Yeah but calling her 12's girlfriend? Nardole hasn't made any accusations that 12 fancies Bill or really implicated Bill at all, if anything the problem is 12's passion for adventures.

You're wrong. The reveal is actually that Nardole is Simm in alopeciaface.

Unless Nardole secretly fancies Dr Who, and he's being bitter cos Dr Who gives more attention to pretty Bill than him :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>3. “Great, we rescued a ******.”
>4. “Some of my best friends are ******.”

which six letter word do you think it is /who/?

Or one of the survivors on the station to Nardole and Bill.

I 'SHIP IT

Simmchad.

>Unless Nardole secretly fancies Dr Who
You joke but this bit might actually come true.

DOCTOR: Her last conscious thought, driving her across the universe. Never underestimate a crush.
NARDOLE: Oh, you don't have to tell me.

First one is probably R A C I S T
Second one is probably H U M A N S

All you had to do was try.

zombie?
since it's basically zombies on a spacestation
Although before I counted the number of asteriks I thought it could be "smurf" due to the blue alien guy in the ep

But it was 13 knocks at the end of Thin Ice.

Holy shit that clip was GOAT. KINO STARTS TOMORROW!

Do you think any of the papers will leak the Simm / Neville thing before tomorrow?

>mfw nobodies said the obvious yet
>mfw Sup Forums is basically reddit now

No because it's bullshit

I'd be more worried about it becoming reddit if everyone felt they 'had' to provide the obligatory meme answers for karma points.

Screencap this btw, I'm 99% sure I'm right and I'm not le fake spoilers man either.

I feel bad now. Don't lose hope, maybe he'll break out of the vault at the end.

TEACH YOU TO TRUST ME!

want qt 3.14 female dr after Capaldi. Would be a cool change.

I'LL DOCK YOUR PAY FOR THIS!

What could the shocking cliffhanger possibly be?

>ME
Ashildr confirmed???????

It's Simm. Not sure if he's Neville but Bill's mum does appear.

I've been looking for a place to get my views across for some time now. For some reason, the internet seems to be covered with doctor who fans who don't want to accept that anything is wrong.

Now before I continue and start having one of those people commenting and calling me names of all sorts, I want to give a brief description of myself. I live in England and got into Doctor Who back in 2008 when it was a piece of hot cake. Everybody knew it and everybody loved it. Since then, due to my incredible love for the concept, I started following and genuinely studying doctor who the same way a priest studies a piece of text. As of right now, I have read every doctor who novel, book, short story and even the 1979 Marvel Comics Doctor Who crossover. I have played literally every game and every piece of media that was connected to doctor who in any shape or form. Be it a Tardis or simple Timelord jokes. It doesn't even end there, I myself am a programmer so I used my ability to help me make a few semi popular games based on Timelord history and origins.

Point is, I KNOW my stuff when it comes to the world of doctor who. There is even a funny joke that I have seen several people make online which states that Steven Moffat doesn't even know the capabilities of the Tardis.

For instance, did you know that the Tardis has a perception filter which has the sole purpose of making the police box appear invisible to people? Once the Tardis materialises in a location with the perception filter on, unless a person is specifically looking for a police box, the Tardis will essentially be invisible to them. It can also be ineffective is a person is specifically looking for something odd or out of place(which most people aren't). This is why the Tardis can land in the middle of a busy London street and not have everyone looking at the magical box that just appeared out of nowhere.

Here's a task when watching the next doctor who episode. Watch how people respond to the Tardis.

>Timelord

U mean Time Lord, fuckin pleb

RTD was able to keep this up, and during his time, it was justified when people saw the Tardis. Moffat on the other hand, is AWARE of this function but completely ignores it. Bill seeing the Tardis in "The Pilot" should not have been possible. Ask yourself, do you think she is the only person in that entire building to have entered the doctor's office? Do you think that she is the only one who has questioned how the police box could have possibly entered the room? The answer to that is that yes she is. Because nobody else has been able to see it, due to the perception filter. It's practically invisible to them.

Now that isn't my main issue with this season, it just stretches to the other tripe that Moffat has put on our television. To quickly pan this out, here are the main differences between Moffat and RTD.

RTD - Slowly builds up a climatic point, releases the climax. Moffat then - Brilliant one time episodes that were packed with such brilliance that left us wanting more. Moffat Now - Builds up climatic point, poorly executes the climax.

In short, shit changes as and when it's necessary.

>Bill seeing the Tardis in "The Pilot" should not have been possible.

Bullshit. The TARDIS has been stood still in most fucking stories and people have noticed it.

The one time that I truly realised this was in the episode "A good man goes to war." Now, despite my dislike for Moffat, Matt Smith, the 11th Doctor is my favourite Doctor.

That's right, the Doctor that was written and created by Moffat is my favourite.

In a good man goes to war, the previous episodes and trailers built up the episode to be the most crazy and powerful thing ever. The trailers made it look so unreal and incredible. What did we get? A half-assed story with unimportant characters. The only thing I remember about it was that River Song was born, there were monks and we had a terrible fight scene.

That's another thing, Moffat seems to love "fight scenes". They are pointless, irrelevant and add nothing to the plot.

Another quick line that summarises the main issues with this is that Moffat seems to want to really drive down the idea that the doctor is a god. There literally were people in previous episodes who compared the doctor to a god if not straight up call him that themselves. The doctor was taken from his character and made out to be the most powerful man in existence.

RTD's portrayal of the doctor DID show him being a god but in a subtle way. Tennant's character was being such a silent and subtle figure. Just casually watching everything that happened around him, before intervening.

Even reddit thinks you're a pleb
reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/6a71d3/doctor_who_has_become_disgustingly_terrible/

>RTD's portrayal of the doctor DID show him being a god but in a subtle way. Tennant's character was being such a silent and subtle figure.

>10 ascending with fucking Angels in Voyage of the Damned
>Tinkerbell Jesus Doctor
>subtle.

Please let her be the next Dr!
youtube.com/watch?v=MnhArPKjYBY

her face is melting off under those lights

Remember the episode "Smith and Jones"? The whole hospital teleports to the moon where we are then introduced to the Judoon. At that moment, everybody panics but we see Tennant's doctor just casually standing on the balcony watching the situation. A couple of words with him and Martha already knew that he was no "normal" individual.

Swap out Tennant and put Capaldi in that situation. Moffat would have made the Judoon call him "the most dangerous" man in existence about 50 times before the plot moved forward.

And the doctor is NOT the most dangerous person in existence. I absolutely hate how Moffat does this. Even in the terrible disaster that was known as "Hell Bent" where he returns to Galifrey.

That episode made me cringe.

I'm going to say this once and I hope that people fully understand this.

The Doctor, is NOT.. I repeat, NOT... more powerful than the Timelords. Even with his experience, he's nothing but an ant to them. It's like comparing the security guard of a large supermarket who has been working there for 20 years to the US NAVY Seals in terms of combat and ability.

When 2 was in a sticky situation he decided to call the Timelords for help. They arrived but in response for his actions they forced him to regenerate, then exiled him on earth. These are people who are so damn powerful, that they can render his Tardis useless with the click of a finger, build dimensional corridors, warp reality as they see fit.

The doctor never has and never will be ahead of them.

However, Moffat takes the doctor back to Galifrey, and in an instant, he becomes the most powerful and dangerous man on the planet. He even SHOOTS a general. I can't emphasise this enough. He SHOT a general. That's like having a supermarket security man shooting the general of the Navy Seals.

You saw the punishment the Timelords gave him for breaking the rules. You're trying to tell me that he can shoot a general and EASILY get away with it? What on earth??

I have many more points on this, but I'd love to hear some opinions.

WhovianNet's teasers for Oxygen

1. “So, how does space kill you?”
2. The Doctor gets a new theme tune.
3. Capitalism in space. It’s The Apprentice meets Interstellar.
4. Nardole refuses to leave the Vault unguarded so flies the TARDIS back to Earth.
5. And you thought the sound of Cybermen stomping was scary…
6. Bill asks what you’ve (probably) always wondered about wearing a space helmet.
7. The Doctor faces one of his greatest challenges yet… for real this time. But he isn’t going to let it slow him down.
8. “Not bad for a ***** man.”
9. Best. Group Hug. Ever.
10. It ends with one of the most shocking/worrying cliffhangers to date. You won’t know what to think…

>10. It ends with one of the most shocking/worrying cliffhangers to date. You won’t know what to think…

>10. It ends with one of the most shocking/worrying cliffhangers to date. You won’t know what to think…

>It ends with one of the most shocking/worrying cliffhangers to date. You won’t know what to think…

Interesting

>When 2 was in a sticky situation he decided to call the Timelords for help. They arrived but in response for his actions they forced him to regenerate, then exiled him on earth. These are people who are so damn powerful, that they can render his Tardis useless with the click of a finger, build dimensional corridors, warp reality as they see fit.
Go and watch The Deadly Assassin, then get back to us kek

k

Still beautiful tho x

Holy shit he's so cute.

>>It ends with one of the most shocking/worrying cliffhangers to date. You won’t know what to think…
Probably the Doctor injured or something. Which is meh cos we know he's still in the rest of the series regardless, so he'll be fine enough to carry on.

The implication is that clever people can see past low-level perception filters. The alias "The Doctor" has a sort of psychic barrier around it, causing most people to accept it as a common name. The idea, then, is that people who question the Doctor's name being just "the Doctor" are exceptionally clever or perceptive.

Now, whether you think Bill is clever or not is not a criticism of continuity with respect to the TARDIS's perception filter, but rather, it is a criticism of how well Moffat writes characters. And I think that we're all unanimous on that point.

Post Samuels

>It ends with one of the most shocking/worrying cliffhangers to date. You won’t know what to think…

Nardole is secretly evil?

The Doctor: It's the end, but the moment has been prepared for.

Bill: So he was The Doctor all the time!

Nardole is secretly the Rani

>4. Nardole refuses to leave the Vault unguarded so flies the TARDIS back to Earth.
It's a Nardole leaves The Doctor and Bill to die in outer space episode

I'm so hyped, /who/. I swear to god, the cliffhanger better not just be the Doctor being blinded. I want my vault and I want it wide fucking open. And I don't just want a shot of it being wide fucking open, I want to SEE WHO'S IN IT.

Nardole was the Valeyard all the time.

>1. “So, how does space kill you?”
That's kind of a stupid question
>2. The Doctor gets a new theme tune.
He's going to play rock music again?
>3. Capitalism in space. It’s The Apprentice meets Interstellar.
Isn't apprentice like some sort of try-out competition? How does it meet interstellar? Top salesman goes through the wormhole?
>4. Nardole refuses to leave the Vault unguarded so flies the TARDIS back to Earth.
Spoilers, sweetie!
>5. And you thought the sound of Cybermen stomping was scary…
I didn't. Scary stomping, wow.
>6. Bill asks what you’ve (probably) always wondered about wearing a space helmet.
I can't possibly imagine what could it be. "What to do if I barf?"
>7. The Doctor faces one of his greatest challenges yet… for real this time. But he isn’t going to let it slow him down.
OK, I believe it. And I'm not being sarcastic at all, seriously.
>8. “Not bad for a ***** man.”
Fucking five star men. When will they learn
>9. Best. Group Hug. Ever.
It's hardly something to compete about
That it's convoluted shit?

Screenshot this.
Once they get the TARDIS back from space (where it was jettisoned as we saw in that first clip), Nardole decides to take it back to Earth to guard the vault, he'll come back for the Doc and Bill in a bit. He comes back at the end of the episode, where he reveals the vault's open and the occupant has escaped. They arrive back on Earth... and there they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=9SQANksVHps

Fuck I shouldn't get hyped

I'm sorry user, we find out whats in the vault in episode 6

>and there they are.
who? Missy? Monks?

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU FIND THIS I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR SO LONG