Why is no one talking about the aftermath of Civil War?

Why is no one talking about the aftermath of Civil War?

The ending is greatly going to affect things for practically every MCU movie.

The movie came out almost a week ago. We've talked about everything and now your options for discussion are the cute/gay thread or the rule 63 thread.

It won't take long to undo all of it come Infinity War
>Tony literally just needs time to cool off an think things through
>As soon as Thanos shows up and Iron Man, War Machine, and Vision aren't enough to stop him the UN will begrudgingly let Cap off the hook and admit he's right
>Bruce will return and see both sides of the argument
>Thor won't give a shit
>None of the Avengers every really trusted Stark anyway

Everything thread is about _____ was right.

Thats pretty much it.

>The ending is greatly going to affect things for practically every MCU movie.
Is it? Looking at the rest of the Phase 3 movies, it doesn't look like it's really going to effect many of them.
>Dr. Strange
>Thor: Ragnarok
>Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
>Captain Marvel (maybe? don't know enough to know how it'll work out)
Completely unaffected.

>Black Panther
>Spider-man: Homecoming
>Ant-man and Wasp
Only affected in so far as those characters appeared in the movie so it's relevant to know where they're coming from going into their own movies.

It doesn't seem like we're really going to be seeing the ramifications until Infinity War pt. 1.

The next few Marvel movies aren't about the Avengers. Dr. Stange and Black Panther will be relatively stand alone.

I'll add that you could probably start a thread about Bucky rape fantasies (assuming the cute thread didn't already derail into that) and it would go over well, but those are your only real options.

>The ending is greatly going to affect things for practically every MCU movie.
Full retard. The only lasting change to the landscape of the MCU was the ending of SHIELD.

Tony and Steve already came to an alliance by the end of Civil War. When Tony heard about the Anti-Reg prison break, he let it happen.

Seems like the Iron Man films build up Shield and Avengers resources, and the Captain America films destroy them.

I hope all the words going around about a possible Iron Man 4 are true. Iron Man vs the Mandarin needs to happen

>the aftermath

What aftermath? "Tony is mad"?

None of these upcoming movies are even about Cap or Iron Man. We won't be seeing the Avengers again for a couple years

>Tony and Steve already came to an alliance by the end of Civil War
No they didn't.
He just told Tony that if he needed their help he could ask since the Accords won't be relevant if the Earth is toast.

Iron Man is in Spiderman, Team Cap will probably be in Black Panther since they are hiding in Wakanda.

>those are your only real options.
Nigger half of Sup Forums are Civil War threads.

>Ant-man
>Unaffected
He's a wanted criminal now, that has to be addressed.

>Eh, what else is new

But do you really expect in the Spider-Man movie for there to be any focus on "I'm still butthurt about what Captain America and Winter Soldier did"

Yeah, it actually won't OP.
The next movie most affected by it will be Ant-Man and Wasp and Avengers 3, and by Avengers 3 it will be resolved.
The other Phase 3 films (including Black Panther) can easily ignore it because their protagonists have little to with the Avengers overall.
Like, at BEST in Black Panther it'll mention that he's keeping Bucky on ice, but in nearly all of these films they'll be dealing with their own shit for sure and very little of this will be touched.

Ant-Man will be officially breaking the law again, so basically he'll be doing literally the exact same stuff he was doing in Ant-Man 1.

Iron Man is in it, so the Accords will probably be one of the points of the movie.

You mean like how he was already breaking the law in Ant-Man 1?
Yeah, not exactly a huge change.

>Iron Man is in it, so the Accords will probably be one of the points of the movie.

That's like saying "Iron Man is in it, so Rhodey will probably be one of the points of the movie"

There's no evidence to support that reasoning

It's not like anyone in this thread has evidence to support anything.
We'll have to wait and see.

>Bucky rape fantasies
what

Why are there so many gays on Sup Forums?

Black Panther got arrested for being a superpowered vigilante operating outside borders so it'll probably affect his ability to act as well.

Most of Sup Forums is introverted non-sexual, the gays are just really really chatty, go figure.

>canon mind control and being forced to do things he doesn't want to

are you really surprised? (btw the cute thread right now is talking about wanting to fap to him crying)

Oh I thought you meant people fantasizing about getting raped by Bucky.

in addition to what's already been said, the entire reason why they had iron man demand the shield at the end, is to make their reunion easier to write

when they're ready for these two to work together again, Stark just has to hand the shield back to Cap. it writes itself

>getting raped by Bucky.

>Try to run, he's fast
>try to fight back
>he's got a metal arm
>fuck
>get raped
>later, Captain America defends your rapist

Came in to say this.
Phase 3's pretty lofty in scope.
And even with those 3 that are left:
>Spidey's going to be doing his own thing (AUNT'S GONNA FREAK)
>Ant-Man 2 is probably going to focus on extradimensional Microverse adventure
>There's admittedly a chance Panther's gonna be about the government coming for Bucky but that's a worst case scenario

>Most of Sup Forums is introverted non-sexual
Introverted, technically.
Non-sexual? You fucking kidding me? We're the most degenerate blue board this side of /mlp/.

Masturbation isn't sex, user.

He didn't say it was? Masturbation isn't sex, but it is a sexual act.

cap will probably become nomad and team up w/ black panther
falcon will join tony's side and become black cap
tony will become spidermans new dad

>MCU
>negative change in the status quo that lasts

pick one

Diplomatic Immunity

Assuming one of the Rosses doesn't try to hide their escape/capture in order to cover their asses

Assuming the majority of his film doesn't take place in Wakanda

Shield doesn't matter in the MCU now.

Sure, you had that bs ending in AoU and the show, but Shield doesn't actually influence things like they did in every movie in Phase 1.

>tony will become spidermans new dad

Something I desperately want from the new Spider-Man films is a rivalry between Norman and Tony over who's the better surrogate father figure to Peter.

this would make for a great setup to a Norman-led Thunderbolts

>(Some fancy galla for businessmen idk)
>Norman notices Peter in the crowd
>"Peter, what are you doing here?"
>"Oh, hey Mr. Osborne. It, uh, kind of has to do with my research."
>"You know, Oscorp could really use a go-getter like you."
>"The offer is wonderful--"
>Tony steps in and places a hand on Peter's shoulder.
>"But he's a little too busy to accept it."
>"Stark, how do you know Peter?"
>"Well how do you know him?"
>"He goes to school with my son."
>"And I'm his boss."
>"What?"
>"He's got an internship at Stark Industries. He's even working on some tech for the Avengers."
>"Well, Peter, that's sounds like a wonderful opportunity." Norman leans close to Peter. "I'll be waiting for when things start to go south with them again."
>cut to Norman scheming
>"He likes heroes, huh, well let's see what old Ross has in mind..."
>manilla folder with "THUNDERBOLT INITIATIVE" written on it.

Meanwhile Harry is just standing in the corner, "Hey guys, I'm here too!"

>Norman's desire to make Peter his apprentice only increases after finding out that he's Spider-Man
>They take a few pages from Ultimate Norman's book and make him think of Peter as a son
>resorts to kidnapping
>more angst from Tony about not being able to protect his loved ones

I'm not talking about the future of the MCU until I know where Spider-Teen got his powers from.

_____ spider bit him.

The movie didn't say that.

It didn't have to, everyone knows it.

Name one negative change in the MCU's status quo that didn't last.

SHIELD

Still gone, at least as the major organization it was.

>rapes your engineer right through you
>bye bye bikinis

Everyone here, maybe. What about the Chinese?

The first thing Iron Man will do when he meets Cap again is punch him in the face.

The next thing he'll do is help him up.

And then punch him again.

>Infinity War
>Thanos and/or his minions come after Vision
>Iron Man and his crew getting wrecked
>Out of nowhere Cap and his Avengers come to the rescue

This will happen, mark my wahlbergs.

I'd watch it

I think I'll do more "Tony/Norman rivalry over Peter" greentexts

Russos have said black panther will lead directly into infinity war. I think it won't be as stand alone.

Oh boy

>Peter is at Harry's, tutoring him
>Norman shows up
>Harry remarks that his dad is almost never home during normal business hours, even on weekends
>Norman offers to treat Peter to a lunch at a nice restaurant nearby
>Peter then gets a call from Tony, on a number meant for Avengers business only
>"Where are you right now?"
>"At my friend's place."
>"Which one?"
>"Harry's, you met his dad, remember?"
>"Meet me at the usual place when you're done."
>Later on, Tony and Peter meet up on a rooftop while suited up.
>"Listen, kid, if you want to hang out with Harry it can't be at his place anymore. Or any place run by Oscorp for that matter."
>"What's going on with Norman?"
>"He's dangerous."
>"What makes you say that?"
>"Intuition."
>"Tony, with all due respect, sensing danger is one of my powers. If Norman was going to hurt me, I'd know it."
>"He's cozying up to Ross in all the wrong ways."
>"Which one?"
>"Thunderbolt."
>"... I'll be more careful from here on out."

How "practical" is it for him to have his little claws as his main weapon? It actually seems like a good idea to have razor sharp knifes (ten of them) always close to you while you wear a bullet proof head to toe armor. But I'm not a weapons guy, so is it stupid or does it give T'Challa an advantage? Bucky sure had a hell of time tying to keep his face from being sawed off by them whenever they fought.

>Instead of their sparing sessions, this time Tony and Peter are building stuff together.
>After putting some cool gadgets together, the two of them hit up a cafe
>Tony being Tony, chooses one in an elite shopping district
>Norman comes across the two of them and recognizes Tony despite his hat and sunglasses
>He catches wind of Tony and Peter discussing business and tech together
>Norman looks at Harry, who's playing a game on his phone and scowls

>Spidey and the Goblin are duking it out
>It was a major business event in NYC and the Goblin just tried to take out Tony. He may have succeeded were it not for Spider-Man's intervention.
>As things go on, the fight gets really intense
>"What do you want with Stark?"
>"Why are you so obsessed with protecting him?"
>Goblin eventually manages to wear Spidey down.
>One of his blades makes a pretty deep cut in Spidey's arm.
>The blade was of course poisoned and Spidey starts to go down
>The Goblin is only forced to flee when Tony appears fully armored and takes Spidey away for emergency medical treatment.
>Tony recommends that Peter take a break from hero-ing for a while and let his injuries heal.
>When going back to school, Harry is naturally concerned about Peter's injury, but blames it on a stray cat in the road when he was biking to work.
>It starts to rain, so Harry offers Peter a ride home
>Norman is in the limo and is happy to see Peter, noting how much of a good influence he's been on harry
>Norman takes notice of Peter's injury and falters for an instant
>He then goes back to making happy small talk with his son's best friend
>Peter feels a slight tingling

I'm sleepy and if no one replies to this in the next five minutes I'm going to bed and you won't see any continuations for at least 6 hours

wonder if they will acknowledge all the backpay cap is owed while being MIA,
> government has ceremony gives cap giant sized check for his service
> cap gives it all to wounded veterans
> anti gov doop like ghost shows up and causes trouble

good lead in for the bucky bolts movie

LOL

he's locked up right? how does he get out?!!?!?!

i just hope Steve needs/wants to crawl back and Tony will not forgive him and Steve has to rot in Wakanda

> The movie came out almost a week ago
> a week ago
> a week

Americucks, when will they learn?

>>Dr. Strange
>>Thor: Ragnarok
>>Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2

Lol, so basically aliens and magic?
Only the cosmic forces of the marvel world could knock dumb as earth and its whiny politics off kilter.

Smart move actually.

Some stuff about Civil War from EW.

>1. The Russos realised superhero movies were getting repetitive

A common complaint levelled at the recent slew of comic book movies is that they’re essentially all the same. The Russos recognised this, and looked to shake things up a bit. “We were saying to ourselves, the genre - and perhaps the MCU - has gotten to a point where the audience are sensing the patterns in the genre,” says Anthony. “Joe and I have always been about: how do we subvert genre?”

Hence, we don’t have that now-standard Marvel third act, which sees a city under siege from an abundance of faceless CGI baddies. Civil War’s third act is deliberately low-key, with a more ambiguous villain. Zemo (Daniel Bruhl) is “an everyman”, says Anthony. “His approach was: I’ve seen these guys fight enough to know I can’t win. But what I can do is figure out ways to undermine them. He’s emotionally driven and he finds a weak spot.”

>2. Captain America was never going to die - unlike the comics

Dropping the shield is a rejection of the Captain America identity.
In the original Civil War comic run, on which the film is (very loosely) based, Captain America concedes the fight with Iron Man. In the aftermath of the war, Cap is assassinated by Crossbones. But the Russos never planned to end the film that way. “Frankly, it just seemed like an easy ending,” Joe Russo explains. “We thought a more complicated ending would be more interesting – to see the ramifications of that moving forward. Killing Cap ends that conceptually. There would be guilt on Tony’s part.”

Anthony Russo agrees, describing the movie as a “family fight.” If that’s the case, the movie ends with the family more fractured than an EastEnders Christmas special. “The more difficult and more interesting place to leave a family fight is: can these important relationships ever be repaired? Is this family broken permanently?”

>3. Gwyneth Paltrow was never due to appear in the film

Pepper Potts – girlfriend of Tony Stark and CEO of Stark Industries – plays an important role in the movie, even though she’s never seen. Gwyneth Paltrow, who plays the character, was rumoured to have filmed scenes for the movie, but “that wasn’t true”, clarifies Joe. “The intent was always to put Tony in a very vulnerable place. We needed him off-balance for the way he behaved in the third act. He’s lost Pepper. He’s feeling an incredible amount of guilt. The movie tries to dig at the emotional trigger points so that by the time we reach that third act, his emotions will supercede his logic.”

Anthony also acknowledges that the sheer size of the ensemble made it more efficient to leave her out. “In a crowded movie, we decided early on that we could make Pepper’s break-up have an emotional impact without actually having a scene with her,” he explains. Paltrow’s Marvel contract was reportedly up after Iron Man 3, but as a key character, she could conceivably be tempted back.

>4. Captain America is no longer Captain America

At the end of the movie, in the final fight, Cap effectively beats Iron Man. But it’s a bitter victory, and after some words exchanged, Cap drops his shield. The Russos say this is Steve Rogers saying goodbye to Captain America – at least, as we know him. “Dropping the shield is a rejection of the Captain America identity and a choice to embrace the Steve Rogers identity,” says Anthony.

He’s a “full-blown insurgent”, says Joe Russo, pointing out the arc that the character has taken, with Steve starting to question power structures in The Winter Soldier, taken to its natural conclusion in Civil War. “The most interesting thing you can do,” Joe observes, “is to take him from a patriot in the first film to an insurgent in the third movie.”

>5. The Avengers are very much disassembled

At the end of the film, Steve informs Tony that “the Avengers are yours”. That really only leaves him a severely disabled Rhodey (Don Cheadle), a severely disaffected Vision (Paul Bettany), and a severely under-aged Peter Parker (Tom Holland). Not much of a team, given two enormous Avengers sequels are gearing up.

Kevin Feige admitted that there were some at Disney who “advocated...that everyone put aside their differences and team up in the third act to fight the bad guy”. But the filmmakers were determined otherwise. “We were all in sync on the notion of ending it...not perfectly,” as Feige puts it. “Things don’t get resolved easily. We believe very strongly that that would destroy the entire movie. Thankfully, Joe and Anthony were very vocal.” Feige implies that it will take a villain like Thanos to bring them back together, come Infinity War.

>6. Chadwick Boseman went method

Chadwick Boseman makes his debut in Civil War as T'Challa, aka Black Panther, and immediately earned himself a #TeamPanther hashtag from a legion of fans hungry for more. Boseman – “the only choice we ever had”, according to Feige – went full Daniel Day-Lewis for the role, inventing an accent for the fictional African nation of Wakanda and sticking to it, according to Joe Russo. “For the entire run of the production, he spoke in that accent, whether he was on camera or not. He’s that kind of actor, he has a very specific process. It’s very intense performance.”

Captain Marvel is probably gonna see Alpha Flight and/or SWORD established so that there's some kind of government body in charge of dealing with extraterrestrials

7. The big fight took two years to conceive

The signature sequence is the extraordinary battle in a German airport between the two factions of the Avengers, led by Cap and Iron Man. Joe Russo, sounding understandably tired, says it took “about two years working on that sequence”, from phase, to filming, to reshoots, to VFX and editing.

Anthony accepts that having the multiple characters, with their differing powers and motivations, was “massively complicated”. But the heart of the action is “driven by narrative and character. We structure all our action around it. Every single character in that fight has a personal motivation, that is sometimes loosely correlated to the team objective and sometimes not. Everybody has a different agenda.”

>8. Vision had to be kept on a leash

Vision, the mythical godlike sort-of-robot, was only introduced in last year’s Avengers: Age Of Ultron, and many people have been unclear on what he is, or what his powers are. The Russos point out that he differs slightly from the comics, in order not to make him too omnipotent. “For us as storytellers, it’s very important that no character be too powerful – that they have some internal flaw or insecurity that they’re struggling with. It just makes the characters more interesting,” says Joe.

“He floats by altering his molecular matter,” Joe continues. “His movement is a little more limited in our interpretation of the character. You’ll notice he does a lot of floating, rather than flying.” Many fans were pleased to see that Vision’s rather snazzy collection of shirt-and-sweater combos have made it into the adaptation.

>9. Empire Strikes Back is a touchstone – in more ways than one

During the Big Fight, Spidey borrows a tactic used by Luke Skywalker in The Empire Strikes Back (a film the 15-year-old superhero describes as a “really old movie”) and brings down Giant Ant-Man by tripping him up with his web. But it was an important influence on the Russos in more ways than one.

“I sat in the theatre when I was 10 years old and watched Empire Strikes Back six times in a row,” says Joe. “It’s a seminal moment in our cinematic upbringing.” Further to that, though, Anthony says they their Civil War pitch was “always an Empire Strikes Back beat within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. For us, it was that downbeat deconstructionist film, one which tears things down before you build them back up.”

So, if Civil War is Empire Strikes Back, does that mean Infinity War is Return Of The Jedi? “Ewoks!” says Joe. “Lots of Ewoks.” Here’s hoping Wicket makes a cameo alongside Thanos.

>10. Spider-Man and Iron Man’s first scene was written for Tom Holland’s audition

Spider-Man’s introduction in the film comes with a sparkling scene between Peter Parker and Tony Stark in Peter’s New York apartment. It was a scene written by screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely specifically for the new Spider-Man acting shortlist to audition with. “Chris and Steve did the first version of that scene specifically for the screen tests that Robert [Downey Jr.] had so graciously agreed to read alongside five candidates,” reveals Kevin Feige. “And obviously it was that scene that really solidified Tom Holland as the choice.”

>11. The death of Tony’s parents is Kevin Feige’s favourite MCU moment

Or, more accurately, the shocking revelation that it was Bucky (Sebastian Stan) who killed them. “I think it’s my favourite moment in 13 MCU films,” says the Marvel Studios boss. “The whole movie was building to that, and it’s amazingly executed by the Russos. It goes back to conversations we had years ago about how to make it different and how to have as many characters as any Avengers movie and yet have it end in a very different and personal manner.”

>12. Bucky could appear in the Black Panther solo movie

In a post-credits scene, Bucky offers himself up to be put on ice in Wakanda, where he is no longer a danger to himself or others. When asked if Bucky could appear in Black Panther’s solo movie, due in 2017, Kevin Feige pauses for a long time. “It... remains to be seen. He’s certainly in stasis there.” But the well-worn Feige Poker Face is in full effect here. “Where and when he comes out? I’m not sure...”

very Fascinating all of this stuff.

I'm glad Civil War became the Empire Strikes Back of the MCU. It's all I've really wanted.

>Harry remarks that his dad is almost never home during normal business hours
It's like my dad has a job or something...geeze...

>even on weekends

I'm awake now

>Peter is leaving his house to run an errand
>A limo pulls up beside him. The window rolls down and it turns out to be Norman, who greets Peter and offers him a ride.
>Peter's spider sense goes off so he politely declines, saying that he forgot something in his house and doesn't want to hold up Norman.
>Norman remarks how Peter embodies everything an Osborn should before he can turn around, stating that he's an innovator who doesn't falter in the face of adversity, et cetera.
>As he turns around to go back inside, his spider sense flares up again and he dodges something fired at him.
>Norman and some of his bodyguards are pointing strange guns at him.
>Peter doesn't manage to dodge this time.

Surely Alpha Flight is with Fox.

So what are the chances Bucky's gonna get a new arm made from vibranium?

>12. Bucky could appear in the Black Panther solo movie
NO
NO
NO
FUCK

> Cap as Nomad in Wakanda.
> Falcon in Wakanda
> Scott back with Pym.
> Wanda working with Strange/Clea no longer on Earth, now a Witch and disengaged from humans.
> Rhodey now hardline.
> Vision an autistic stuck in HQ NEET

He IS in Wakanda

>“He floats by altering his molecular matter,” Joe continues. “His movement is a little more limited in our interpretation of the character. You’ll notice he does a lot of floating, rather than flying.”

That IS how he flies in the comics, too; they just ignore the natural restrictions on that 99% of the time and treat it like normal flight.

Don't stop writefriend, I'm reading.