Waah I'm forced to buy oranges and act like a well mannered human being

>waah I'm forced to buy oranges and act like a well mannered human being

This is literally the premise of The handmaid's tale. Life sure is hard for western women

>waaaaah someone made a tv show with views other than my nazikuk bullshit

KYS
before you have to go back to jail and suck more cock little prag

Sup Forums is not welcome here

not Sup Forums but the pilot episode was so heavy-handed and ridiculous it actually made me cringe many times. Maybe it's the book's fault, I don't know. I'm disappointed nonetheless.

fuck off Sup Forums

>2017
>Watching this

Jesus fellas.

Kill yourself Sup Forumstard

And forced to carry babies to term, retard.

This show is "flies to shit" for Reddit I see.

o-okay

did they scale it down? the book had some kinky shit in it.

White women are the weakest demographic on Earth

This board needs ID's.

Nobody cares about your tears.

Oh the horror!

Whine more you fucking pussy redditors.

>all this Sup Forums bogeyman in this thread
Not everyone with a critical opinion on something that you like is not from Sup Forums....

But this isnt a critical opinion of the show
Its just a little r red pill faggot shitposting

PAYING THE COAL TOLL

THE SERIES

>I've just read an incredible article where "The Handmaid's Tale", a sub-par piece of science-fi trash, is defended by its author. The author, who rightly should be apologizing for her execrable prose, not only defends it but calls it "timely". The book has been made in to some sort of cable mini-series. I'm Canadian, so had to suffer through this book as a young person. It's one of those cheap, dystopian tracts. The difference with this one is it has a deeply paranoid feminist look into the future. The story is as impossible as most of these " frightening looks into the future". But to call it timely, when the possibility of this fiction ever becoming fact even more of a joke, is just a cynical cash-grab.

it's timely because we are facing the possibility of sharia taking over the west.

>dude a right-wing christian theocracy is right around the corner!
>especially with such a deeply religious man as drumpf in charge!
>i mean i know that the christian right as been failing to meet any of their goals for the last 40 years, but any day now the evil white christian men will take over!

Honestly who unironically believes this shit anymore?

>Lewl nothing wrong with being denied your liberty and treated like a serf guize!

It's not critical opinion, it's alt rightist butthurt. Criticising the acting, pointing out plotholes or trashing the premise, these would be Sup Forums critical opinion. 'Wimmin shud know their place!!!1' is just Sup Forums bitching.

is this show good?

>Nazikuk
its like you want to broadcast your retardation to the world

It's not a regular abortion argument. I think they are literally forced to produce as many offspring for the 'wives' as possible in the society.

>Rips pretty much entirely off an actual event
>IT COULD NEVAR HAPPEN GUIZE GET REEL

No wonder he found reading to be suffering at a kid.

>fundamental terrorists take over country
>force fertile women into sex slavery
>"waah story is heavy handed"

why would someone watch a show about a woman, let alone a show with a title that already tells you how boring its going to be.

I'm enjoying it. Dude's head getting popped by the S Class was great.

this

the author might not have had this in mind, but when i watch this show i see what iran became during the revolution

Their society is suffering from widespread infertility, the handmaids are some of the very rare women who can carry to term, so they're kept basically as indentured wombs to spit out babies for the ruling class.

They're repeatedly knocked up by men they have a master/servant relationship with and carry children they'll never get to keep.

It's pretty shitty.

>actual event

????

Considering the book was written a few years after the Islamic Revolution in Iran and right around the time the religious right in the USA was starting to actually have political influence I'd say it was plenty plausible for its time.

I like this show so much more since the aut-right is so triggered by it. I hope they'll go more into the go-political aspects though. The premise is a bit silly but they have a lot of potential to do some cool worldbuilding.

Why are you even on this site? Did you come here from reddit for GoT cancer generals? If so, stay in your containment thread. No one cares about how much your pussy hurts.

>for its time

That's the key phrase here. at this point in 2017 though it's laughable.

>alt rightist

Cringe

Considering Mike Pence probably masturbates furiously to the idea of living in Gilead it might not be that laughable.

What the fuck are you talking about you stupid nigger?

Iran

>REEEE GET OUT OF MY SAFESPACE

kys

Yeah, because back when America was christfag central women were all rounded up and forced into sex slavery.

>this is what redditors actually believe

lol!!! I know...totally!

The CIA aren't allowed within U.S borders, so no. There's no fertility plague, so yet again, no.

You single handedly bring down the quality of this board in a way that blacked posters could only dream of.

What do muslims have to do with a bunch of christians?

>what is sharia?
you don't have to take every last detail literally (fundamentalist uprising in the US following an infertility plague) but the idea of a theocracy being founded in the west is a possibility

Is this piece of shit show any good??

go fuck yourself and die asshole

Am I supposed to be surprised you prefer to stare at some nigger's cock than encounter people who disagree with your niche politics?

>The CIA aren't allowed within U.S borders

>He actually thinks the CIA abides by that rule

The story is what it is but the acting and cinematography are both good. The flashbacks are probably the best parts of the show (so far)

leftists in the 21st century tend to behave like theocrats except their deity is multiculturalism

I don't give a fuck about politics but you fucking piss and moan about Sup Forums and "muh alt right" more than you provide any actual fucking film discussion. So kindly throw yourself off of a fucking building, you useless faggot.

>Sup Forumslack starts a thread bitching about how Handmaid triggered him
>BUT NO THE PROBLEM IS THE ONES WHO DISAGREE WITH HIM

Genuinely, truely, jump under a moving vehicle please. Board will improve marginally.

>premise is far fetched
>must automatically mean it's shit

There's far more implausible dystopian stuff out there than this but that won't stop me from enjoying it.

What does the OP have to do with Sup Forums at all, you fucking mongoloid? What is wrong with you?

>lol, christians are basically the same as muslims

I liked watching the idiots get BTFO during their "protest" though. Funny how they tried to make the protest look as peaceful as possible to make the "ebil religious crazies" look even more evil. It's not like the far left, and many non lefties for that matter, wouldn't be overly violent if anything like that actually ever happened. No, apparently everyone is really docile and willing to be taken over by a small group of people with guns.

It's more about how people compare it to reality, as if anything happening in the show is in anyway related to reality.

True, plebs are easily entertained.

Sup Forums runs this board you fucking nerds

Sup Forums is half of Sup Forums now. Perhaps some other website would suit your triggering tastes better. You know which ones.

It was never plausible

Western women have life so good they need to write fiction where they are oppressed

>>lol, christians are basically the same as muslims

That's the whole point of the book you fucking retard. Countries with Fundamentalist Islam, Christianity, or Jewish governments would all be theocratic authoritarian shitholes.

So does this show get any better at all? I've watched the pilot episode so far and there's hardly anything to it that's captivating. Most of my interest lies in how the rest of the world's nations are faring, but based on the title I doubt it goes that far.

>America somehow becomes a theocracy within a span of 5 years
>Shifts its entire economy to match this
>Canada is just fine??
>Instagram filter over every shot

yes, Mike Pence is the biggest threat to western women in 2017

That explains why women are all forced into slavery in Vatican City. Really makes me think.

I don't even see the strawman. The "worse" that would happen under such a government would be abolition of abortion and various restrictions on divorce.
Is this the ebin maymay according to which women were slaves from beginning of time until 1965?

>you fucking retard
Hence why I brought it up, you fucking user. Why so angry? Did mommy not give you enough hugs? No father in the picture? Or was he just abusive?

>all be theocratic authoritarian shitholes
Except, with islam, you get women beatings and public torture for stepping out of line. Pretending like that would happen with modern Christianity or Judaism is laughable. Both those religions have changed over time to suit the ever increasing power/role of women far better that Islam has. Pretending anything to the contrary is pure delusion.

What did she mean by this?

>ctrl+f pol
>19 matches

Jesus christ Sup Forums, grow the fuck up.

Ferodas can't into spirituality since they have no souls (they admit it themselves). So in their eyes Christianity and Islam are subsumed under "religion" with a few superficial differences in calendar or rites.

The book was written by some Canadian feminist hack in the 80's. It's hardly fine literature.

Religions change. Salafism wasn't really a thing in the Islamic world until the CIA started pushing it during the 70's.

So it's safe to say I'm not missing anything substantial and won't bother with watching further

Yes because Roman Catholicism is what first springs to mind when people think about batshit crazy Christian Fundamentalists.

i watched this show and was like, this is supposed to be a dystopia?

women can't own property or money, can't hold jobs, and many are forced to become servants or sex slaves?

i would sign up for that society in like 2 seconds and i think most of us would as well. giving women rights has ruined western society.

Whoa... Really made me think

I haven't seen it, and I don't think the premise is all that dumb (maybe the theocratic government portion of it) but in a world with a massive infertility plague, fertile women probably would be enslaved for the "good of the species."
But that's not my problem with this show. My problem is the heralding of it as "timely" and the oft-spouted rhetoric of muh womyns oppression that goes along with it. As if women in the West aren't better off at this very moment than at any other time in history ever. I'm not one of those Sup Forumslock nu4chan retards who sucks Trump's Zionist cock, or believes all muh women belong in the kitchen -- I am really just sick and tired of people bitching all of the time. All these fucking retards (leftists and rightists - all the overly political) clamouring about as if the apocalypse is upon us need to put themselves in the shoes of a medieval peasant for just a moment. Just be thankful for what you have.

Islamic extremism has always been a thing.

calling anti-pol people redditors when 90% of Sup Forums comes from r/thedonald.

that's a funny joke.

>I'm so bad at talking to girls I'd literally have to enslave them so they'd fuck me.

Good thing you'll never pass your worthless genes to anything but an old sock atleast.

The book was written around the time of the Iranian Revolution.

The religions are interchangeable, that's part of what we call a

m e t a p h o r

>The religions are interchangeable
The absolute state of reddit.

First of all, Salafism emerged in the Middle-East in the late 1800s, and solidified as an ultra-conservative movement in the 1920s. Secondly, if you're going to pretend like there was no such thing as Sharia or stonings or jihad before the advent of Saudi Arabia and Western meddling, you have to be either retarded or an obscurantist/apologist for Islam

>Goldstein

I hate Sup Forums so much for what they've done to me

>Salafism emerged in the Middle-East in the late 1800s
Emerged as in "being by far the most important force in Arabia" yes, but even restricting to wahhabism, al-Wahhab was from the 18th century.

>Greentexting something doesn't make it wrong.

People were mailing bombs to abortion doctors in the 90's. It may not be as widespread but christian extremism is very much a thing.

Not a lot of readers on Sup Forums?

newsflash: being a whiteknight faggot on the internet isn't going to get women to want to fuck you either

>the religions are interchangeable
Is this what retards actually believe? That Christianity is as totalitarian and awful as Islam?

the author took direct inspiration from the Islamic Revolution of 1979 so yeah it is related to reality. she envisioned how it would go down in the US and since the Christian right was on the upswing they became the theocratic element.

they lay it on a little thick with the forced diversity.

you want a token nigger for the show? either make the best friend a nigger or the husband a nigger. no need to make both of them niggers.

user gets a slut pregnant. Drops bomb at clinic. Many such cases.

Seriously, this stuff is so utterly irrelevant that a single serial killer has killed more people than that.
It requires a lot of bad faith not to see how people seeing abortion as murder are different from the mullahs.

>be a male growing up in a heavily religious culture in a fucking baren desert region
>very strict way of life because resources aren't plentiful
>women tend to full in line because males are naturally more powerful
>things never change as opposed to other places in the world where life isn't as harsh
>constantly get BTFO

Ya, but it's tottaly the CIA/west's fault.

>it may not be as widespread
And that's the key point. You don't have political parties of extremist Christians winning seats in government in the West on a platform to eradicate Jews, or crush infidels, but in virtually every election in the Middle-East for the past 50 years, Islamist parties which promise those things win 20-60% of seats in virtually every Muslim country.
There is a serious, serious difference between modern Christian extremism, which is incredibly fringe, and Islamic extremism which, by conservative estimates, has about 330 million believers.

>Pretending like that would happen with modern Christianity or Judaism is laughable
It absolutely would, stop talking about things you don't understand. Jewish law is every bit as draconian as Islamic law, in fact it's probably worse in certain areas. Women don't really have any rights in classical Christianity either