My buddy wants to see Covenant with me so last night we sat down and watched Prometheus...

My buddy wants to see Covenant with me so last night we sat down and watched Prometheus. Neither of us have seen any of the Alien movies but we're familiar with the basics (facehuggers, chestbursters, etc.). All we knew about Prometheus was that it was a prequel to the other movies and goes more in depth about the creation of the Aliens rather than the Aliens themselves.

After seeing it, me and my friend both came to the same conclusion: it was bad. Like, really bad. It's honestly the first film where I became genuinely angry at the stupidity of the characters. How the black liquid functions made no sense. The characters didn't act like real human beings would act. The action scenes were terrible. I wish David's motivations and feelings were better explained.

Idk, maybe you have to be a hardcore Alien fan to "get" it but how some of you view this as some kind of masterpiece is beyond me.

No Prometheus and Covenant are just ways of getting normie bucks

You should have started wiuth Alien then Aliens and so on.

Only morons view this as a masterpiece. The biggest fucking hack in Hollywood wrote the damn thing, after all.

That's what I'm thinking of doing now. I've heard the first two movies were great but the others are really bad.

It requires a triple digit IQ. Sorry.
It's the best film in the series.

>tfw quadruple digit iq

"The black liquid made no sense" proves you're an idiot, so it's not surprising you didn't like it. It's a movie that is literally too smart and interesting for the average brain dead alt right SJW meme spammer on this site.

This
Its amazing how angry people can get over movies they don't understand

This.

Prometheus separates the patricians from the plebs.

There are no questions left unanswered in Prometheus. The trouble is that people don't like the answers.

One dude acts like Steve Irwin, so people get confused and ask "how is this possible?" And answer is simply that the character acts like Steve Irwin because he is like Steve Irwin.

Instead of being happy because they have an answer, though, the immediate response is "I don't want him to be like Steve Irwin!" So it was, all along, a fake question - a complaint disguised as a question.

Prometheus is very explicitly about how canonical 'expanded universe' plot materials can never satisfy. Fans desire more information - more Alien-branded content - but information alone is worthless if you are unable to interpret it. Prometheus is about how fandom can't make you happy.

Contrary to people's complaints, having a shitload of plot information about the space jockey - right down to a DNA scan - doesn't explain anything. That's why people get these incompatible thoughts about how Prometheus 'shows too much', yet still has 'too many mysteries'. It's perceived as simultaneously too clear and too confusing, because people are having huge trouble interpreting the imagery.

There's some cool stuff happening in Prometheus, and the visuals are fantastic, but the story and characters have too many problems for it to be a great movie.

>Neither of us have seen any of the Alien movies
How is this physically possible?

I disliked Prometheus but enjoyed Covenant. Covenant fills in the blanks while also borrowing from the original Alien.

Will Covenant blow your mind? No. But it is definitely the 3rd best of the franchise.

you are fucking retarded
Prometheus is a fucking shit movie and Covenant is even fucking worse

Im a huge pleb, but i liked prometheus. Tbh i had no clie prometheus was even part of the alien line untill this new one came out, i assumed it was just a very similar premise

That's the wrong thing to worry about when it comes to prometheus and covenant.

jfc normies are idiots.

kill yourself.

I didn't give a shit about the Aliens connection and I thought (correctly) that it sucked.

>Im a huge pleb, but i liked prometheus.
>but

>it's a "pleb still doesn't understand" episode

>mom wants to take me to the theater to see a movie as a birthday gift since she has a day off
>>she asks me what movie i want to see and i tell her that she can choose
>>she wants to see Alien: Covenant
>>i agree thinking that it was that Marvel movie
>>get to the theater in the local mall
>>see the movie posters and realize i've made a mistake
>>realize im about to see some boring movie about aliens & shit
>>That Marvel flick isn't even playing yet
>>mom buys our tickets and we go in to find some seats
>>the theater is full of kids
>>when we sit down mom smiles and hands me 20 dollars
>>she tells me i can buy whatever snacks I want but asks if I can buy her a small diet coke as well
>>i take the money and head out of the theater
>>notice Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 is starting soon as well
>>use my moms money to buy a ticket to see GotG 2 along with the Galactic Combo which includes large popcorn a large fountain drink and a bag of m&ms
>>rush into GotG 2 before it starts spilling some popcorn along the way
>>only seats left are some shitty ones right in the front rows
>>text my mom that i lost my ticket and that I will walk around the mall until her movie is done
>>watch the movie and finish with a sore neck and an upset stomach
>>check my phone to see that my mom had texted me back to tell me that she had bought me a new ticket for Alien: Covenant and that she has been waiting outside in the theater lobby looking for me
>>leave my theater
>>notice my mom sitting on a bench in the lobby looking at her phone
>>try to blend in with the crowd of people that just left the same theater I was in and sneak into the nearby washrooms unseen
>>text her back and apologize saying i didnt see the message
>>tell her to meet me at the car
>>wait a few minutes in the washroom and then leave and walk back to meet her at the car
>>i ask her how the movie was
>>she says she didnt see it because she was looking for me

>>
Wow, great original story, user.

Alien is the ultimate horror film while Aliens is the ultimate action film. The rest is shit and not worth watching. If you like games you should definitely check Alien: Isolation out, which is a proper tie-in between Alien and Aliens, is its own thing and doesn't shit on them. Plus it's a great game to boot.

fuck you, alien cubed assembly cut is amazing
especially given how insane the production was

when people mention how dumb everyone in prometheus is i always have to mention the deleted scene when they find worms that ARENT hostile before that guy seems to just invite that thing to kill the shit out of him.

still shouldnt go poking aliens, but if the first one you find isnt so bad its a little more forgivable

>hasn't seen The Leftovers
>thinks Lindelof is the worst when Disney puts out reddit the movie every month
>muh dumb characters means dumb movie
Prometheus: The Ultimate Pleb Filter

>Can't even capitalize first letter in a sentence.
Scott is a master of separating the wheat from the chaf, the plebs from the chads

nigga you cannot seriously be defending petting the fucking space-penis-snake-thing, scientist or no, that's mental.

Nice head cannon...

Wheatley done

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Covenant will probably piss people off more then because it has a flashback scene that will just confuse people who only hazily remember the events of Prometheus.

Also there are too many croissant ships.

This kinda proves that people who enjoyed prometheus are retards.

Well you know what? Since it's a deleted scene, IT'S NOT CANON

Prometheus is garbage, Covenant is much better but nowhere near as good as Alien or Aliens so go watch those instead.

You must have just started browsing Sup Forums today if you had the impression that anyone thought Prometheus was a masterpiece.

The black goo, David's motivation, and the character's actions all made perfect sense if you were paying attention. It's not a particularly confusing movie either. I'm shocked how many people didn't get it.

>I wish David's motivations and feelings were better explained.

Kys. If you can't figure this out by yourself then you are a plane idiot.

Prometheus is garbage, you and your friend should watch Alien to cleanse the palate. I fucking wish I could see Alien for the first time, you're in for a treat

The A9 fan edit fixes Prometheus' problems.

Yeah, he got told to fuck with everyone to see if he could find a solution to Weyland's aging. That's fucking obvious.

But why did they have the whole sequence at the beginning with him trying to be a human? Why did they have the scene with him and Holloway where Holloway shits on him for just being a robot and "we created you because we could." Is David supposed to feel anger? IS he actually experiencing disappointment? He shuts off the woman's camera which clearly shows he's thinking independently of Weyland and the corporation. How? What happened to make this android act this way?

yah this thing looks real friendly and cute I should definitely pet it. meanwhile he was shitting bricks just a few scenes earlier.

Nigga... if your penis does look remotely like this... I have some bad news for you.

Alien 3 isn't bad, normies just hate it.

I hate this pasta and I hate you