Defenders Storytime: The Headmen/Nebulon Saga

So earlier today, someone from this thread requested a storytime about the Headmen, and given I have Steve Gerber's run of the Defenders, I'm going to storytime one of the Headmen's most memorable and best stories. Get ready for some typical Gerber weird shit.

I don't know if I should cry or laugh of this scene.

Poor "Bambi'.

Both.

You can see Gerber had fun writing the dialogues of the child-like version of Hulk.

Oh hey, there she is!

Shrunken Bones for waifu's material.

Is Gerber's Defenders collected? I read a chunk of it a while back but never returned to it even though I really liked it. Made me like Valkyrie for god's sake

Last time I checked, his run is being re-published through the Marvel Masterworks books. Makes me wonder if they will release either in Epic Collection or the Complete Collection series like they are doing with his Man-Thing and Howard the Duck.

Bambi for Defenders' most menacing villain.

Geez, what an introduction.

Some of this stuff reminds me of a bit of Grant Morrison's Brotherhood of Dada, with both groups aiming to have a global plan but going beyond the typical world domination scheme.

The British Invasion writers were pretty heavily influenced by Gerber.

That's my kinda technological perversion.

Sal Buscema deserves props for being the perfect artist for this kind of madness. He's so middle-of-the-road classic Marvel in his art approach that he makes it funnier than if it had "quirky" art.

Yeah, I agree with that.

Chondu had a hard life...