Is this the most convincing performance of all time?

Is this the most convincing performance of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tx8Atds3HXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah Matthew McConaughey was fantastic

>FWAMING DWAGON

Based Tom

Definitely, for all the time he was on screen I was convinced he was a massive douchebag.

You muh-muh-muh-make me happay

His best role in a film.
It's one of the only films he's even been in when he doesn't play the role of Tom Cruise.

>It's one of the only films he's even been in when he doesn't play the role of Tom Cruise.

People say this kind of often, but I've never really been bugged by it, same way people let guys like Pacino and Deniro slide, fucking Deniro can't even cry properlyq

He plays a heterosexual in nearly every movie.

>The hairy knuckles
>The golden jewerly
>The balding goblin face
>The 10/10 Pedowood producer immitation
Just kike my shit up fempai

I honestly had no idea it was Tom Cruise til the credits at the end

No. It's impossible for a goy to be a convincing Jew. You can't duplicate the ephemeral soullessness of Jews.

Hot desu

Not that there's anything wrong with Tom Cruise just playing himself. I don't know why, but Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise doesn't bother me at all. He's just so naturally charismatic.

>you will never ask for the key grip via teleconference

Why live?

Apparantly had the hand prosthetics made himself to add to his character.

The prosthetics, the dancing the character himself was like 90% of his idea, Stiller himself said the character's creation solved a plothole they had, it was right on the heels after the couch jump and the Matt Lauer interview (mind you, even then the movies he headlined that year still made bank) and basically it was Tom getting back at the Hollywood machine as a whole.

Nicholson is the same way.

There were rumours going around of Les getting is own entire film, apparently Tom was really on board for it.

Frankly, given his box office draw, he'd have to go full-on Gibson and bite the hand that feeds him to actually be blacklisted.

Hell, even Gibson has got back and he's no where near Cruise's league.

How the fuck did they got away with these?

That'd need to be a strong fucking script, and honestly Les is perfect as is, it's one of the best cameos ever

>he'd have to go full-on Gibson and bite the hand that feeds him to actually be blacklisted.

tell me more

It may shock you, but not everyone sees that and immediately things 'Yup, that's exactly what Jews look like'.

Tom Cruise can do whatever the fuck he wants. He's Hollywood royalty. He's the #1 actor in the world and has been for decades.

He's the boss. And a funny guy to boot.
youtube.com/watch?v=tx8Atds3HXA

What do you mean?

D-david is that you sir?

He got drunk and ranted to cops pulling him over about the fucking jooz, which is a dumb thing to do when you work in an industry with a large number of jewish people.

He's just referring to how Gibson had that meltdown screaming at his wife and using a bunch of racial slurs and calling out the jews, it was a rough time but even then a lot of famous folk still stuck up for him and even RDJ, who personally said it's thanks to Mel that he managed to clean himself up after his bouts with addiction publically called for everyone to forgive and forget.

literally did not know it was him until my 3rd or 4th watch

>there will never be a movie like this again
why live

In retrospect, this movie was probably the greatest blessing ever to the careers of Cruise, McConaughey, and RDJR.

When you're on the highest of Scientologist pedestals, you can do whatever the fuck you want in Hollywood

My jaw hit the floor when I saw his name in the credits.

I wasn't expecting him to star in Tropic Thunder.

based

I've watched Tropic Thunder 3 times and it's been even funnier with each viewing, I've never experienced that with any other comedy.

To be fair, there was a precedent for this with his cameo in Goldmember but this was on another level obviously.

As much as people think of him as a couch jumping weirdo gay scientologist baby eater, he just really loves to act and he always goes the extra mile.

I really want him to do directorial work before he has to fight Xenu or whatever

>You're going to have to call the fucking United Nations and get a fucking binding resolution to keep me from fucking destroying you

Quote me a line delivered better than this. You can't.

why don't you take a step back and literally FUCK YOUR OWN FACE

I want to see Tom Cruise do one Oscarbait movie just to show people he could

if you took ben stiller out of this movie it'd be 10/10

>I want to see Tom Cruise do one Oscarbait movie just to show people he could
He's done several

ben stiller wasn't the problem

the black guy who's only funny bit was the music video at the very beginning was the problem. he just wasn't funny.

jack black wasn't very funny either

Yeah at this point I'm ok with him doing what he wants to do and enjoys rather than trying to chase down awards.

>fucking Clooney talking shit about how Tom shouldn't be doing his own stunts at his age

Shut up, BITCH

that was his thing for a while, actually. Now that he's older he'd rather just have a good time. Guy seems as professional as it gets, too. He's having fun but he takes the roles seriously. The scientology thing sucks though, seems like there's a real Stockholm syndrome going on with him there.

>What do you need Peck?

>More like what do you need Les, glasses?

what?

>fucking Clooney talking shit about how Tom shouldn't be doing his own stunts at his age
What?

He has occasional good bits with RDJ. Jack Black is the movies real failure.

as an ex-motocross racer he took the fall like a pro, learning to crash is part of riding, but man, he was just so stiff on that thing; he did a lot of stuff right, but that geared up bike probably threw the balance off, most first timers would have went over the bars rather than looping out so it's obvious he has at least some experience jumping

he got it at too much of an angle you can see how it rips the handlebar out of his hands when he lands.. guess the balance wasnt what he expected.

He did repeat it and landed it too though.

>Everyone's a little gay sometime

Tom Cruise doesn't even play Tom Cruise in his personal life

I am talking SCORCHED EARTH, motherfucker

>Cockburn, from now on my fist is going to be so far up your shithole that every time you have a thought, it's gonna have to tiptoe past my wedding ring.

The is the greatest satire of the 21st century so far.

this movie is underrated, a lot of great performances, but somehow it just wasnt memorable enough.

How was Last Samurai received? Probably his best performance and a damn good movie.

Ben Stiller directed Cable Guy, Zoolander and Tropic Thunder. How is he not known as a great director?

If there's one thing jews love is self-deprecating humor.

Because of zoolander 2

Watched it in again recently, his acting is top notch, but his talking voice sounds a bit too young for the character. His screaming voice is much better.

Also, he moves a bit stiff because of the prosthetics, seems he can't turn his head properly.

I didnt even know it was Tom when I first saw it

damn I was stupid

heard it was really bad so I never watched it

gotta preserve the memory of the first in my mind

You can watch the bits he did for the MTV movie awards, they're hilarious

> I...i'm sorry, which Taylor said that?

This film would never be allowed to be made today.

Well of course a certain part of the population is functionally retarded, but why would you bring that up? Do you just hate retards or something?

This is a move full of people I would never choose to see in a movie that when all put together is one of the best comedies ever. I was shocked when I saw it and shocked when I watched it again last month.

Fantastic movie full of fantastic performances by actors I mostly hate. Blows me away.

Jack Black was great, that constant jaw wiggle.

> We gotta go, we have only 16 hour before they wake up

This killed me in the theater.

>mfw I remember that guy is Robert down here Jr

comedy, hollywood is dicks about the merits of comedy

I WANT THE TRUTH

kind of sounds like something a scientology auditor would say

Who swingin' past the knees here?

>greatest comedy performance from a black guy for years
>it's actually a white guy

>his left leg though
Wtf. How do you crash "properly?"

Why couldn't the entire movie be like the opening scene? A pure vietnam parody instead of a movie making parody

Speaking of this movie, is the Brit director supposed to be the guy who originally started Island of Dr Moreau?

Maybe it's because I recently watched the documentary on that, I couldn't help draw the connection.

I never got that line, what's the joke?

Because then we wouldn't get super jewish Tom Cruise

And Americans are still asshurt about Vietnam, can't make fun of that
Like a 9/11 or holocaust comedy

It's 'fart', not 'thought'. Why would a thought have to come out of your ass?

yes, because Cruise fucking let loose all his frustration of having to deal with KIKES 24/7 for the previous 20 YEARS of his life... this was his chance to let it all out

The most anti-semitic performance I've ever seen.

He's not just a white guy.
He's a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude

Collateral is his best for me, but tropic thunder is a close second.

Cruise should play villains more often, the dude is getting too old for hero roles.

agreed, only thing where him playing himself detracted was in edge of tommorrow.. i couldn't believe he was this spineless office worker who became an officer.. he still had that charm towards the end, but i didn't believe the transition..

this guy pictured might have been better for it, but overall movie was pretty gud

By twisting your leg properly.

meant for

that he's high af, so he's nervous and paranoid even though it will take 16 hours for them to wake up

I will never understand how Ben Stiller out of all fucking people managed to make this goat movie.

Holy shit

PLAYA

PLAYA

BIG DICK PLAYA

very nice

I know why, but i don't have to tell you

Hes a great comedy writer and a fine director.
Almost everything he has written or directed is solid as fuck.

Stiller is talented, he's just also made a lot of shit

Cruise is the last real "Movie Star."
Also fucking asians LOVE him.