Can we have a discussion about Stephen Colbert? No colbertposting plz

Can we have a discussion about Stephen Colbert? No colbertposting plz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=5wwk3q6hG6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's there to discuss? His book was good. "i am america and so can you", genuinely funny stuff when i read it years ago

BLORPAL BLUMP

Cockholsters

I miss the Colbert Report.
I miss Jon Stewart.
I do like where current year man ended up though.

Did he even write that? Or did a team of Comedy Central writers put some jokes together, give them to a ghostwriter and slap Colbert's name on it.

I remember him being painfully unfunny during that writer strike.

I don't know. I assumed he wrote it his name was on the cover. Never looked into it

I assume he does some of his show by himself, or atleast how it was on the Colbert report

>colbert got cucked and is now a hillary shill
>jon stewart is senile
>samantha bee is even more jew
>trevor noah cant even speak english
>john oliver is the only one with a good show
Wew

GONGAL KRUMPS

Its ok, the daily show reunion was cool
but that "no, you are not supposed to cheer" moment was humiliating

I think He's more of a performer than a writer. He did one deadpan character very well and now he is on his own trying to be funny with no character . His true self is a shrill unfunny lecturer that says "Rumplestilskin" to get titters of recognition.

>i love his freedom of speech

dont you rus?

Donald

DFREBRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMPF

NARFL KAMPA

He was a writer for strangers with Candy and the comedy style is very similar to the style he uses in his show so I'd guess he may have had help but it was probably mostly him.

Muh two scoops

I-I-I-I- I WOOON!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=5wwk3q6hG6A

>begins joke with "Trump fired Comey"
>audience cheers
>Spends a protracted amount of time scolding them and lecturing them for wrongthink

What did he mean by this?

what is there to talk about?

I remember seeing him years ago "out of character" testifying about supposedly horrific working conditions of illegal immigrant farmers. Literally his examples were "it was really hot and they were working hard all day" the guys a dyke

I always thought colbert could never combine the comedy with an actual point or message like stewart and I'm pretty disappointed all he seems to do in his current monologues is read the news. I guess when its that easy why bother writing an actual joke

TWO SCOOPS TOO MANY

He was better in his old show sadly

20 SCOOPS 15 TIMES A DAY CMON GOD DAMN IT

Friendly reminder to any liberals / colbertfags not to ignore this post, and that you must submit a valid defense for a comedian explaining to his audience why something is / is not funny in 1000 words or less. You may not leave the thread until your work is complete. Thank you.

Sup Forumss obsessive hatred for Colbert is pretty fascinating. It's like watching a spurned ex throwing a bitchfit like clockwork every single time he's on air. And it's interesting how people hate how instead of pretending to be a retarded GOP supporter he now just plays it straight and this is somehow considered a betrayal. Like, it was cool when you could pretend he actually meant bad believed the topic he was mocking, but once the punchline no longer was framed in a Republican cloth of make believe, it slapped you on the face and took your safety blanket away.

At the very least he wrote the introduction and his white house correspondence speech is in there.

I feel like his current show is liberal satire. After all what retard says Trump and Russia every night?

I watch his monologues on youtube and ignore the rest of his show. I guess I'm part of the reason why he's going after Trump more. I dunno, he's funny and good at making light of how terrible Trump is.
Good for him. The fact that it triggers Sup Forumstards is just the cherry on the top.

BLNRD DRNNNFFFF

it's topical and source of many cockholster jokes.

Considering he generally handled himself well during in-character interviews, I would think he wrote a good deal of his stuff.

>I remember him being painfully unfunny during that writer strike.

There also wasn't much funny stuff going on at the time.

This is wierd to me because I've only heard this term ever used previously from my time in the army. It's not even being used in the correct context here.

t. putins cockholster

Do you even know what that word means without looking it up?

cockholster

It means mouth

it's a blowjob joke, how is it incorrect context?

fuck off drumpfbabby nobody wants to hold your hand. It's obvious they we're applauding because of Comey's frivolous investigation of Hillary during the election

No that's not it. The problem is he went from being an entertainer to being a pushy fussbudget. He has morphed into something other than a talk show host which is really a new phenomena if you compare what he does to what a real talk show host/entertainer does. He scolds his audience for wrong-think. That is strange. You're blaming the observer for this guys odd behavior.

BEEF STROGANOF

>He scolds his audience for wrong-think

He pointed out it's actually kinda bad that Comey was fired. Which it is. Most people had either forgotten or didn't know he was running an investigation on the Russia ties, and just remembered the email thing.

the guy jumped on the chance to re-energize his failing show/career at the expense of a president (who is a walking joke as it is)

reckon he could pull it off too. so long as he manages to avoid falling into the same hard-left/SJW quicksand pit that John Oliver sank into, but I'm not holding out

DROOOOORBALLLLL GRUUMMMPPPPF

Mor importantly, this is the shit that got Nixon in trouble and basically impeached, by his own party no less. You don't fire the guy who is investigating you, because even if you did nothing wrong, that's still sending giant red flags.

He didn't merely 'point it out'. He went "WOOOOW HAHA WOOW STOP CLAPPING"

didn't see this myself. is there a transcript for it, especially the turbosperg close-up bit at the end?

fucking hell

Why are Sup Forumstards so obsessed with this guy ?

>he thinks people were actually fooled by Stephens fake republican persona
>he thinks that persona was made with intent to fool at all

Colbert and Stewart started getting heat from Sup Forums in 2008

Sup Forums has literally been making fun of Colbert for almost a decade. They just have better ammo now than in the obama years when Colbert couldn't even talk about the president.

cock holster

Why did Sup Forums switch from just being contrarian to whoever is in power to actually taking a stance and being so hardline about it?

>inb4 things are different now

No they aren't, nothing is ever fucking different. We have literally never changed ever since we crawled out of the primordial ooze. Nothing has changed except the stuff we build.

BARNABY JONES

i suggest you head back to r*ddit family

He did some, but the bulk was a writing team

Don't go there and never will, hate the indentation-based posting format, it triggers my autism.

nigger faggot

He isn't even being investigated though

Bush was bad.
Obama was bad.
Trump is The Savior.

Trump is a faggot desu

Kill yourself, redit.

i think the FBI will back me up on that

If they want to rot in prison like you will, sure.

wow you're really emotionally invested in this

That investigation wasn't frivolous.

Bottom of the barrel dude.

BLERPARD DLIMFP

How is calling Trump a faggot of litearlly any concern to the FBI?

What's this from?

I hate criminal traitors like yourself. I hope Trump runs for reelection on the promise that you'll be arrested.

I know, but somebody needs to put these fuckers in line.

It's treason.

His show on Alex Jones. Around 1min mark.

he thinks the FBI is still with Trump

>it's treason

LMAO at ur life, what are you 12? Back to Sup Forums retard

I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS

Traitor.

liberals think losing an election is the destruction of democracy LOL

what a buncha salty faggots

Woah he lost it

You are becoming ISIS so fast...

But i like your style so let's kill infidels.

Treason?

what a fucking chode you are

I want him and most of hollywood to die, they are fucking cancer.

ISIS is against human decency, honesty, and the common good. Trump is the exact opposite.