'member that time when ST:VOY could have killed off two annoying characters and permanently replaced them with a more...

'member that time when ST:VOY could have killed off two annoying characters and permanently replaced them with a more interesting character?

remember when Harry Kim was replaced by a duplicate and no one cared?

Honestly, who would care?

you mean like the time chakotay and janeway caught space aids and were ditched on a random planet?

Everyone who uses a transporter in the Trek universe gets replaced by a duplicate while the original is destroyed.
This is further reinforced by the fact that every time a transporter fucks up, they just use the backup copy of that person whos in 'the buffer'

Does it matter though if they have the same memories, persona and DNA?

That's no way to talk about Harry Kim and Tom Paris crewman !

Now for a bowl of my delicious Leola-Root stew! Famous throughout the delta quadrant.

You can tell who is just a shitposter who hasn't actually watched VOY because they call Tuvok a bland character, it's an easy mistake to make if you haven't actually seen the show and only know the basic gist of his character.

this

I guess it wouldn't matter to people around you, but it sucks for that particular person because hey, you just died.
Its always been pretty fucked up to think about for me. You're literally committing suicide while a copy of you continues on, pretending to be you.

there's some nonsense technobabble explanation to circumvent that. canonically it isn't happening, even though it should be based on how they repeatedly describe the technology working

Remember when Chief O'Brien was killed and a version of O'Brien from another dimension 40 minutes into the future permanently replaced him?

I've seen every episode of Voyager multiple times and he's a bland character. Vulcans in general suck and he's written to be the Vulcaniest Vulcan ever

That said, he interacts with the cast well. Just not interesting on his own.

"They call me... Mr. Spook!"

Tuvix was too ugly and the fact that he refused to give up his life to bring back two other people showed that he was unfit to be on the ship

he would have jeopardized any situation just to save his own life

that's DS9 fans for you, they only watched DS9 because it's the "gritty" edgy one
it's not a coincidence that most DS9 fans are from Sup Forums

Nah he was like a few days old and they wanted him to commit suicide because they missed their shitty pedophile cook.

pretty sure several months passed before they find a way to fix him

>holding not wanting to die against someone.
oh come on give him a little slack. he might have actually believed the bullshit he was spouting.

He was at lest a few weeks old, maybe months. There's a montage to show time passing.

The worst thing about Tuvix's execution wasn't even that they did it, it's that they didn't ask him if he had any last wishes or anything. Janeway makes up her mind then immediately marches him to sickbay to kill him, no goodbyes from the crew or anything. It makes you hate everyone on the ship except for the Doctor.

But he was a better cook and more engaging crewmember than either of them. He had all their skills and none of their setbacks, despite lookin like a rotting pumpkin.
Also, Tuvix means no Neelix, which is a plus no matter how you cut it.

You cant ask someone to sacrifice themselves. Especially for people you dont even know. And he was obviously capable of replacing them. The crew just wanted their friends back so they murdered him.

while on a ship like Voyager you must be ready to give up your life to help the rest of the crew

>for people you don't even know

He had Tuvok and Neelix's memories', they were basically his parents. He was such a shitty being he would refuse helping his own parents that "died" because of an accident. Maybe this is normal for Americans, I don't know, they seem to hate their parents and can't wait to ship them to some retirement home.