DC REBIRTH

DC Rebirth Speculation thread

did Death/Reign/Rebirth of Superman Nu 52 Remix end today or is it still going? i dunno what other dc news there is

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Rebirth
youtube.com/watch?v=Svav1AWuOYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>is it still going

Yeah. Still going. Action Comics #52 was the 6th issue in the 8 week long event.

Superman/WW #29 next week will be the 7th issue, and then Superman #52 will finally end things.

Also, didn't even know to check, but there's a wikipedia page for DC Rebirth:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Rebirth

I didn't even see Action Comics being storytimed today, Sup Forums has been weird lately. I can't wait for best Supes to come back.

Is Johns fired yet?

People are finally starting to catch up and not storytiming shitty comics. Now if only they stopped storytiming Marvel comics...

Eh, I think this is a very stupid way to "fix" New 52 Superman who wasn't really that broken in the first place. I guess the fan service is fine.

Superfags are borderline religious zealots

Superman's had a good story for the past year man, I liked issue 52. There just seems to be way more Marvel bias right right.

New52 Superman is still around, just as Clark. It's not permanent. It'll just be a way for him to learn to be a better Superman.

Because it's shit and somebody tried requesting it be storytimed

I mean, it's not really "fixing" or fixing anything.

The whole point is to introduce some complexity to Superman, which is kind of needed at this point. Two Clarks, spread out over 4 mainline issues of Superman and Action Comics a month, will make for some pretty cool comic stories. Or at least, that's the hope.

>Super Sons
>Writers-
>Chris Burns
>Dennis Culver
I'm feeling so relived that it's not Lobdell or Wilson, but what have these two written?

I can tell at times, it's funny because I'm someone who loves the fuck out of pre-crisis Clark especially the Earth-Two version so I'm pretty content with New 52 Superman who's more along those lines.

Which is leagues more interesting then the fan theories I've ran into. Have you heard the shit supesfags say about how great this is for the sake of getting rid of New 52 Clark? I've actually seen people who think Post-Crisis Clark should fly around the Earth making people "remember how things are supposed to be" instead of the "edgy crap" it is now. Holy hell, is this Superboy Prime shitposting on our Earth?

And nobody obliged? Jeez, Sup Forums really has fell down the chutes and ladders.

Exactly, I just hope he gets a better send off than the golden age Superman.

Superboy-Prime being the villain would make my head explode.

>The shitposting about New 52 Superman needs to die is just a scheme by DC to create the greatest meta Superman story of all time

>MFW old Supes dies saying "You are the one true Superman. Lex is a fag.Life is precious, and God and the Bible." to new 52 Superman.

N O

I was going to, but I saw someone say in another he was going to but he never seemed to. Anyway, I'll do it right now. Personally enjoying this storytime, but I'll miss new 52 supes.

wait wrong cover..

aww..

Ah, I did see that thread. You're doing Sup Forums a service, sir.

NNAAARARGHHHH

enter superdad and superson, who you will see a lot of a month from now..

I thought there were be 3 guys calling themselves Superman running around. Not counting the Chinese guy.

New 52 Supes
Lex
Pre-Flashpoint Supes

Did something change?

Maybe you're thinking of superwoman? People are guessing she takes solar superman's powers

The chinese Super-man. Along with a new Superboy.

what the FUCK is going on man

youtube.com/watch?v=Svav1AWuOYA

New 52 Clark wasn't broken - he was just handed over to some inadequate (at work) or lazy (at my kindest) writers, used in some genuinely annoying and repetitive cross-overs, and when some good notes were reached, they were quickly swamped or forgotten.

The only thing I can't figure out is how the fire-Superman guy found Clark and his family.

Superman is chasing Superman who is going to Superman's house to beat him up for being an imposter

superdad being a protective dad

are all the Supermen going to fuse to create the ultimate Superman or something?

I AM SO CONFUSED

as advertised on the cover, the 2 Superman finally meet..for a few panels..

I was making jokes earlier about how this guy looks like a "Super Kryptonian". Jokes aside, am I crazy or does anyone else get bits of a Dragon Ball-esque vibe from some of the stuff with New 52 Superman as of late? Like at least since he gained the Apollo-ish powers Supergirl used a lot earlier in the New 52 (Are they keeping that?). Beyond that there's a handful of things giving me this vibe. Not that I mind it.

What are your questions, I can answer them.

Did Rob Liefeld draw this page?

Why is N52 Superman dying?
Who are the other two Supermen?

>Cool Superman stories
>in 2016
Wew lad

2 more issues left..

posting this extra stuff since it's related to the thread anyways

>Johns

can't wait for new costumes

>Why is N52 Superman dying?
Lately he's been hit by a bunch of shit. The firepits of Apokolips, whatever "Rao" did to him in JLA, and the shit Vandal Savage did to him during the Truth Arc. It's taking a toll and he's dying.
>Who are the other two Supermen?
I'm not sure who the golden guy is, but some Chinese superscientist has been collecting Superman's powers every time he used his Solar Flare attack that would bring him down to human level.
The Beard Clark is Post-Crisis, Pre-Flashpoint Superman. During Convergence, he and Lois were trapped under a dome, and left powerless for a year, it's only logical that they'd fuck, and Lois would get pregnant. At the end of Convergence, shenanigans happened, and Clark, Lois, and their newborn son Jonathan ended up in the New 52 universe. They've changed their name to White(after Perry) and have been keeping low, but Superman's still saving people, and Lois is still exposing shit through her writing.
Read Superman- Lois and Clark.

Any more questions?

So the Batman Superman was the final issue of that? I kinda assumed there would be one more since it looks like Trinity doesn't start till late June? Or even July?

Hey, they fixed the S on the belt! Glad they caught that

I'm counting at least 7 feet on that page so of course not

The Fire Pits, New-52 Supes going through Kryptonite chemo to kill the mutated cells of his that was there because of Savage and Rao.
In that order, too.

The ASS vibe now, D&R and Reign vibe all throughout now and Rebirth is very strong.
Solicits even have a VISORED Eradicator post-Rebirth.

>New52 Superman is still around, just as Clark.
Yeah, I'm sure that the "mysterious" Clark Kent will have such an obvious identity that's not really a mystery to anyone.

>is this Superboy Prime shitposting on our Earth?

literally yes

What's going to happen to Tim in Batman Beyond? We already know Terry's coming back and I doubt they'll just kill Tim to give Terry his suit back but the whole run so far has been about TIm claiming his rightful place as Batman so I don't see him just giving it up either

This story would be kinda stupid if it's not and they're doing the "YOU WANTED GOOD SUPERMAN BACK? HAVE HIM!" straight. I was assuming "mysterious" in the sense that the Planet is confused as they think Clark is the very same Superman flying around. This leading into how his secret identity becomes secret again.

Battle for the cowl Beyond

As well as Hank Henshaw being significant in Superman: Lois and Clark, and the New 52 Cyborg Superman appearing on Supergirl's promo art, and a new Superboy.

The new Superboy is Jonathan (pre-Flashpoint Clark and Lois boy born during Convergence) who's going to be in the Teen Titans (pseudo Young Justice since we'll also have TITANS from Titans Hunt) with Damian plus also have his Supersons team up books with Demon Spawn.

Clone Superboy looks like he's total and complete history.

Don't know about Culver, but Bruns has done some Disney Duck books, so that's promising.

>original sauce: Newsarama
Nothing is still confirmed yet.

Jon isn't in Teen Titans actually.

>The new Superboy is Jonathan (pre-Flashpoint Clark and Lois boy born during Convergence) who's going to be in the Teen Titans

Where did this meme come from? I saw someone say it in another thread today too but it's not been announced anywhere

It's just people assuming since they think it's weird we'll have Damian jumping between being teamed up with the TT and being teamed up with Jon. "Why not just make Jon a Teen Titan?". I don't think it's going to be like that

>Or at least, that's the hope
even better... what do you think: 3 clarks!!! i mean 4!!! 4 clarks! that would be even better than 2, right? right DC? STUPIDS

I se your point but no no liefeld. Lois would be way hotter

I don't understand what you're upset about. The worst you have here is Post-Crisis and New 52 being around at the same time, the others obviously aren't even Clark Kents. Even the solar guy is clearly just fucking nuts. We don't even know if he'll be around for Rebirth.

>Lately he's been hit by a bunch of shit
yeah... because becoming doomsday and breathing all that fucking evil cloud of doomsdayness was good for his health.
remember user, with this kind of question the only answer is "reasons"

Except that the reasons have been listed.
Though there are times that answer is applicable, like trying to explain why Pre-Flashpoint Clark, Lois and Jon, as well as Zero Hour Parallax, are in the New 52. That's because of "shenanigans". Because I'm not going to try to explain Convergence.

It's a fun idea until you remember Jurgens and Tomasi are in charge.

Another wasted opportunity.

Tomasi is good, not often anything to write home about, and Jurgens is solid middle of the road stuff.
There are more fantastic writers, I'll grant, but they can write a good base and keep my interest.
They're safe. And that's not bad.