What's the difference between Merry and Pippin?

What's the difference between Merry and Pippin?

Race hatred.

One is a clumsy autis. The other is just a fag.

Pippin was related to Frodo, Merry wasn't

I always though it was odd how little both Tolkien and Jackson dwelt on the fact that everyone in the Shire hated Pippin's family for being rednecks and essentially the shame of Frodo's and Bilbo's family tree

Merry is the more serious one of the two. They're pretty much both goofballs, but that's the distinction.

Pippins arc was to prove himself, in the book Gandalf was absolutly against it that he came along.
Merry wasn't taken seriously by Theoden and had to go in disguise with Eowyn, but int he Shire he actually knew things for example where to cross the bridge or which way to go etc

One has a bigger dick.

>tfw I know which one but am not telling

>man, why didn't the author who made up the story dwell more on shit that only i find interesting

One is named Merry the other is named Pippin

One of them made it to the island.

>tfw during the FOTR screening i was legitimately convinced by a friend the guy was actually named Pippen by Tolkien after Scottie Pippen because he was a hardcore Bulls fan and i believed that all the way up to ROTK

obviously the one that drank the ent water

They're all fucking rednecks, everybody is a farmer out there. They hate the Brandybucks though, because they're richfags and they like boats

Merry claims VAT on a cash receipts basis, while Pippen trades under invoice basis.

Lord of the Rings is secretly about homosexuality and two men running away from the responsibility of marriage. You see, that party they threw at the beginning of the movie was actually the wedding for Frodo, but him and his gay lover Sam ran away to destroy the wedding ring. Merry and Pippen were the groomsmen tasked with bringing them back. Also, the main antagonist is a giant flaming vagina.

>Okay, so they defeated Sauron and saved middle earth, that's all fine and dandy
>But what if Frodo withdraws his 401k after he files his tax return?

I thought that Merry used offshores to skim the profits while Pippin only forged some signatures.

>it's a 'Pippin forgets to compound the interest quarterly and loses out on an extra 3.2% profit' scene

Their names.

The Real Question Is:

Who Was In The Wrong Here?

In the books Merry is the smartest and most cunning of the hobbits, Pippin is the everyman. In the movies they were turned into comic relief characters along with sam, gollum, gimli and legolas etc.

It's stated flat-out in The Hobbit that Bilbo was an aboslute madman because his family was tainted by Took blood. As a pure Took, Pippin should have been a berserker, but instead he was irrelevant.

I'll never tell baby.

Did Bilbo pay capital gains tax on his dragon treasure?

Are you retarded? Bilbo was sent to collect the capital gains tax owed by Smaug. LITERALLY THE FIRST LINE OF THE MOVIE.

One is a fool of a Took, and the other is a Brandybuck.

worse, is he taxed on it's market value if he gifts it to frodo?

>What's the difference between Merry and Pippin?
Answer:
The same difference between Sup Forums and Reddit.

How come there's roads in the Shire when there's really no actual government? Are they agrarian libertarians?

In the movies literally nothing

One's a little older?

Merry basically killed the Witch King. Pippin saved Faramir.

Pippin was a fool of a Took.
Merry got bitches.

One's a top
The other's a bottom

You idiot. That was just a clannish excuse for what he considered were his weaknesses. People do this all the time. Blame their faults on a side of the family. Or speaking in broader terms you must've seen people blame stuff like their anger on being part-Irish or something. Doesn't mean every Irish person is angry all the time.

Pippin was also part of the ruse to force Sauron's hand.

Thats a strange one, being Irish, Ive never heard someone blaming their anger on having Irish in them.

>Lord of the Rings is about a bunch of campy old fairies fighting over a piece of jewelry.

Deepest lore!

One had a career after lotr

I was going to go with drunkenness/love of drinking since that's a common one but decided to go with something else since I know a bunch of you would say "But all Irish are drunks"

That's because you have two Irish halves.

Am being meme'd?

If not. That's a common excuse in the states among Irish families.

Holy fuck, this.
>all those blue-pilled nerds worshipping these cuk propaganda books and movies
Tolkien is one of the biggest cucks among fantasy writers. The hottest chick in the history of his universe has an interracial relationship. He tried to pretend he self-inserts as her bull but it's pretty obvious he self-inserts as the elves she cucked.

>Pippin was related to Frodo, Merry wasn't

Actually, Merry was related. Merry and Pippin's grandmother, on their Took side, was Rosa Baggins,who was Frodo's grandfather's cousin.

Literally all the most important Hobbit families in the Sire are loosely related to eachother.

One had a hit song