American Gods

Do we already got the GOAT - Sup Forums-show of 2017?!

What did you like most about it so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/good-omens-miniseries-in-the-works-from-neil-gaiman-and-amazon/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>what do you like most about it so far

Ian Mcshane and Anansi

all the erect cock 2bh :)

all kidding aside, it's a fun ride so far and holy shit the casting is damn good.

Wednesday, Anansi, Media. Czernobog...

>>What did you like most about it so far?
The technology boy scene was the best bit so far. It's a super solid show though and if they can keep it up it'll be the best show of 2017(they won't be able to keep it up).

>What did you like most about it so far?
Trying to remember how much is different from the book

>Only two episodes and already gone full WIMMIN STRONK and RACISM BAD M'KAY?!
>Opens with an interracial relationship

Oh look, more propaganda to be guzzled by cucks

>WIMMIN STRONK
Is that what you are getting from the people eating vagina? Because if you are I question how you came to this very wrong conclusion
>RACISM BAD M'KAY
Well

Yes

It's shit

>racism bad
It seems that you failed to notice the fact that mister Nancy literally doesn't give a fuck about them and was just getting them to chimp out so he can get them to sacrifice themselves to him to feed him power.

This is the face of a man you can trust

>Ian Mcshane
Carries the show. Without him it is shit.

The book is hot garbage

This. people getting all upset over that scene thinking it's pushing some agenda isn't fucking seeing what Anansi was actually doing.

He's a god damn trickster god, for fuck's sake

Too much vore

It's pretty damn good.
Nice cinematography stands out the most and I like how it stays true to the book(so far).

For now the show is under the radar, but it will become hugely popular very soon. Then /tv will start to hate it and call it "reddit", whatever the fuck that means.

Cycle of life

tv probably calls you reddit all the time because you're a huge fucking pleb. don't get too triggered.

I'll be honest, I was actually hoping Nicky Sobotka would do a worse job with the accent. I fucking love when non-Irish fail miserably at Irish accents. But it's only middling, maybe even slightly better than average.

That aside, the pace is a bit too slow. I'm concerned about the Gilliganisation of prestige TV. How many separate times does Wednesday tell Shadow to take his time, don't rush into it, blah blah? At some point, like when you've literally accepted the job and are driving cross-country with the guy, you have to sort of say the decision's been made.

You should think about the parallel universe where the protagonist is white and gets cucked by his black best mate. Imagine what you're screaming about in THAT universe, eh?

>Ian Mcshane
>great visuals
>russian guy with the sledge hammer

Ian McShane, who I love, is an overrated actor and shows his ass a bit in this show. People love his voice and the way his face looks. But, he repeats schtick alll the time. Still think he's fun in his role. Really loved him in Kings. That show was too kino for its time.

How many people even heard of Anansi before the book or the show.

i read the book when it was released in 2001, friend.

Congratulations on being smug about not answering his question.

So did you know about Anansi before reading the book?

Is seriously nobody gonna mention the opening credits?

The show seems 7/10 so far with potential for more, but the intro is THE GREATEST I HAVE EVER FUCKING SEEN.

I live in the Caribbean so he's been among a couple of folk tales, he's even been mentioned in recent Spider-Man comics, plus that one episode of Static Shock

I had, because of the band Skunk Anansie. Of the people who can honestly say they had, that's probably 95%+ of how.

Yeah it's pretty amazing.

Who gives a fuck what people know? That's what he's doing. Are you next going to argue that Odin isn't conning Shadow just because the viewers don't know it yet?

What's really funny is that I'm listening to the audiobook and the narrator sounds just like him.

really hope this show fills in a lot of the "blanks" in the book, I wanna see Laura curbstomp all those government agents to save puppy

What? i wasn't being smug. But i will apologize i totally misread your comment, i thought you only asked bout the show. I'm in three active threads right now and i'm kinda losing focus with no coffee here.

They plan to do just that Episode 4 is going to be an entire retelling of the story up to that point, but from Laura's POV

How many people have heard of most of the gods in any polytheistic religion?

How many people could name a Norse good beyond Odin, Thor, Loki?

Nice, honestly as much as Shadow is the main character you don't get much dialogue from him that you do other characters, which kind of makes sense since he's not really a chatterbox and he's supposed to be this quiet guy fresh out of prison trying to stay out of trouble, the characters he meets are the real talkers.

Well I'd argue that it does matter if people know him because if they know him then they know his role. From watching the intro alone one might think he is a god of war and not trickster god.

Because of the lack of info you have like Making comments like
>RACISM BAD M'KAY?!

>Well I'd argue that it does matter if people know him because if they know him then they know his role. From watching the intro alone one might think he is a god of war and not trickster god.
Even if he was a god of war it wouldn't change that he's tricking them. Odin is a god of war and he's tricking everybody.

Actually Tyr was the god of war in Norse mythology

>watching the intro alone one might think he is a god of war and not trickster god.

Doesn't even matter. It's more about how he got to the new world. Same as Odin in ep 1.

If you're only using gods that a majority of people know that limits you almost exclusively to Greek/Roman and Norse mythology.

So really you'd be left with
Odin
Thor
Loki ( thanks Marvel)
Zeus
Hercules (demi-god)
Poseidon
Hera (borderline)
Hades

Ty for proving my point

probably some hindu gods, some egyptian ones too

This is a redpilled show, a white woman cucked a black dude with Big White Cock. The negro got lynched, the negro God convinced all the slaves to kill themselves, and the black guy is actually respectful (doesn't bang his friends white wife).

Who was the kid in the limo? God of the internet or something?

Scully still a hot.

If it's Americans were talking about I doubt most know Indian gods. They might be able to identify vishnu or Shiva but probably don't know what they are gods of. As for Egyptian I think that's borderline.

>God of the internet or something?

got it in one, that said he's far more powerful now than he was in 2001, Media Goddess will be even stronger

>you will never see Lucille Ball's tits

TechnoBoy just like general internet technology, smartphones, etc.

For some reason we were told about him at school when I was like 8 or 9 in the UK. Kinda odd in retrospect...

it's a meme show, taylor made for reddit

racism bad quickly turns into white people evil. Which is racist as fuck. Also the book wasn't very good. It was a complete rip off of Iron Druid chronicles in the first place.

The reason it thinks American whites are a pile of garbage is because ---- It's written by a British person.

>Also the book wasn't very good. It was a complete rip off of Iron Druid chronicles in the first place.

>First The Iron Druid Chronicles book was released in 2011
>American Gods was released in 2001

sorry I switched that up, iron druid Chronicles, another fucking SJW shitshow, is a rip off of American Gods, which is a perverted Sandman.

hmmmm makes you think

Yeah, after I hit enter I remembered it was the opposite. A series that could have been good but got cucked.

American Gods strikes me more like a less funny (though it does have quite of humor) Good Omens.

Now that I want a mini-series about

good news then, bro.

Good Omens is coming cbr.com/good-omens-miniseries-in-the-works-from-neil-gaiman-and-amazon/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

It'd sell. I complain but you bring up a good point, everything has been done eight times already. It's like anime.

When GoT is over, I'm sure they'll hope right into the first law.

>When GoT is over
You mean after the 4 spinoffs?

This series is style over substance.

All characters are cocky bastards and all speak in the same way. Shadow can't wisen up as long as there are bombastic fucker screwing around.

Show odin (which is different than odin odin) is a god of war according to the intro.

>this garbage being better than better call saul

LMAO

The tiger balls story was the only funny bit I remember.

>Shadow can't wisen up as long as there are bombastic fucker screwing around.

Sounds like every myth hero ever.

I like BOTH

There's other stuff that is just kind of chuckle worthy like Shadow guessing Sammi's major in college, or Jackal commenting on his coin tricks in comparison to Houdini, also a lot of Wednesdays con artist stories, also the bank robbery was pretty funny too

Shadow is maximum cuck all the way through, hate to break it to you.

cuck has such loose definition on this board that by 2018 it might be a positive thing would a cuck's wife rise from the grave to save him?

I am claiming my waifu as of now.

Blonde, cute, big tited, sweet and foreign accent.

Keepr.

Ian McShane is like a lady with a really deep voice.

It's more smooth than feminine I'd say, it's incredibly relaxing to listen to but at the same time keeps you attentive.

Real underrated actor.

>would a cuck's wife rise from the grave to save him?

Ask your mom

Leave me enough dignity to get home, goddamn

>Real underrated actor.
Because he has the same role in everything he's in. His characters are mostly interchangeable.

i bet the book will be better by 100% percent.
>probably main character is black, unlike book
>main dude is also gay, unlike book
>fffuck it hes also trans
>hes amputee and retarded
>at this point hes hardly a god but a bobo doll
>what book? this coffee coaster with the words "american gods" on it?!
>wait till you see his polyxfriend!!!!!

He is a character from histories in my country, we are Caribbean tho

>Because he has the same role in everything he's in

not really? you can't tell me his role in Hot Rod is the same as in Kings that it was in GoT and now this

You're a fucking retard by leaps and bounds but don't let us stop you.

retarded? on Sup Forums?! woah!

>Dat slippery slope

For any bookfags out there is there ever a confirmation that the death of shadow's wife and friend were also done by the gods? I mean it seems a bit too coincidental and required for odins plan to actually just randomly happen.

What you call coincidence authors call "plot"

>cucked by the BWC
TOP KEK

>no scene in book or series of Jesus being final boss behind the scenes pulling the strings with satan to knock out old gods and materialist gods in one stroke to set the scene for gods making alliances for their own spiritual reasons and fear of death

all setting the stage for the one on one showdown for world's soul which begins again with snake god cult.

WE

how do you know that

Odin, Tyr and Thor were all gods of war.

spiders n shiez

Black God or Cernobog is great, hope to see more of him, Anansi didn't had any strong impact.

That is a pretty nice looking dick desu

no homo

Isn't Anansi like a chill character in the African folk?

The way he behaved in the intro would've been more apropiate for someone like Baron Samedi.

Loki did it.

Everything is planned by Loki and Odin. After all, they were pretty damn close in the myths and some academics thought both evolved form the same archetype.

In the book he's a motormouth that just wants to have fun. Which is why he takes a liken to Shadow, he sees him as a challenge. He's a trickster god.

hmm i might pick up this show looks decent

from a panel they had, michael green revealed it

Neat, did the panel provide any more insight/info?

the cinematography is shit and is very basic. they went to the effort of making the visuals stand out but the show looks cheap because of the cinematography

there is going to be one episode where shadow and wednesday don't appear in at all, no clue what one though, and season 2 begins at House on the Rock

Still don't know what it's about desu
But i dig Fuller's directing as always,you can feel he's behind that like he was behind Hannibal,with the cinematography & music and shit

The cast is solid too

Won't that possibly be episode 4 though?

God i fucking love Fuller's visuals

I thought they were pushing the East European guy (who i recognize but i dont remember where from) as Loki when they said his brother was more favoured than he was and how he was fair and popular

But then he's hitting things with a Hammer and isnt scandinavian but slavic. Kinda threw me

I will say i was a bit surprised/annoyed by the 'leprachaun' though. We cant dare show any stereotypes of black people on TV anymore without people losing their shit but an Irishman who loves to drink, fight, and do parlor tricks and pub games is just a super reasonable representation of my people and its ok because he's white

>Irish
>white

This is the hammer guy.

i thought this too but i figured it would still count showing Shadow if she goes to save him maybe follow him? its totally possible though that its the same episode

I remember Anansi being a huge dickhead in most of the stories I was told as a child.