So hes dead right?

so hes dead right?

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2014/08/tony-soprano-didnt-die
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/you know quasimodo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCKING QUEERS

yea I miss James

He had been dead since the start of the season. It was all a dream.

That's what David Chase says

is it true he was gay with the italian guy with the weird hair

Finn...

Every one dies user. That's the point. :(

you know Quasimodo predicted all this

Pine Barrens or the episode where Christopher revenge kills the cop who murdered his father, which arc was his best?

I'm watching it right now and go to the part where Vito kissed the gay firefighter, and then punched him because of his closet rage. Goddamnit Vito, you could have been happy, he was a real catch.

Yeah, he died a few years ago.

I was wondering something. Is the gravy good tonight, Sup Forums?

Fucking hell this is spooky I just watched the episode where he and Tony were talking about Nostradamus.

What did Johnny Cakes see in Vito? I'm not gay but I think I can judge a man's attractiveness well enough. On a basic level. Vito was a fat fucking slob; Johnny Cakes was way out of his league.

Was it just the whole "I can change him" thing? Was that the appeal? Maybe Johnny feels some sort of "gay solidarity" where he has to help guys like Vito come to terms with themselves. But really, his gay pals must have been laughing behind his back when they saw Johnny's new boyfriend. I know I would be.

Yeah probably a bit of change him thing I'd imagine. It's total bullshit though, there's plenty of gay dudes in New Hampshire and it's a pretty small state.

>he hasn't unlocked the key to immortality

he posts this in literally EVERY sopranos thread

>vito is gay episode
>suddenly vito is surrounded by faggots who are interested in him

That was retarded af

Yeah, not to mention Johnny Cakes is like the perfect man. He's big, fit, has a job, knows how to cook. And then in another episode, SURPRISE, he's a firefighter and saves a kid's live. I mean come on. That's man of the year type shit.

For All Debts Public and Private, easily. The exchange between Chrissy and the cop( either way, it wouldn't make any difference) is essential to understanding his character and Imperioli really nailed it. Plus, the whole baby crib/tv antenas conversation is funnier than anything in Pine Barrens.

Does Vito top or bottom?

Do you think Richie or Phil secretly fucked a guy while they were in prison?

This was my biggest problem with the whole Vito the Fag arch

I'm not gay, but Johnny Cakes seemed like the perfect catch for another gay guy. Handsome, cool mustache, motorcycle, volunteer firefighter, can cook. Am I missing something gay guys of Sup Forums?

Was Johnny Cakes not completely out of Vito's leauge?

So do you guys think the cop killed his dad or not?

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2014/08/tony-soprano-didnt-die

hes bottom with everyone except paulie

I think he did. The cop started apologizing as soon as he realized he wasn't going to smooth-talk his way out of it.

Richie yes. Phil no, but he wanted, for all his life

He sucks dick, so probably a bottom.

Although I doubt you could even reach his anus past all the flab. You would just get a sort of greasy titwank between his buttocks.

Maybe that's where Johnny Cakes gets his secret spicy ingredients for the Johnny Cakes recipe - the relationship makes sense now.

He's pretty much the sexiest man that's been on the show, so yeah, he's out of everyone's league. None of them deserve him.

Also Tony had no reason to lie to Christopher about it. He was trying to build a bond with Chris that was unbreakable. If Chris had found out that Tony lied about something as important to him as who killed his dad it would have hurt their relationship badly.

Also Tony could have easily ordered Chris to kill the cop just because he wanted him dead. There would be no upside to misleading Chris that would be worth the risk if Chris found out about it

Are you dead?

>There would be no upside to misleading Chris that would be worth the risk if Chris found out about it

The upside is "You owe me for that favour." Which is the sort of currency Tony trades in all the time.

Phineas Fog

You ever notice how Lou Gehrig died from Lou Gehrig's disease?

so was his mother just a decoy sent by the new york mafia?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/you know quasimodo/

kino

You gonna make that same stupid joke every time that comes up?

Sorry. Everything's so fucking morbid.

There's a guy lying dead over there.

hey Sup Forums, ya remember your first blowjob?

You sounded like a rancor pissing in there

Yup, Adriana La Cerva did it to me

It only works because he's a fat boba fett

yea, you did a great job

"DONT STOP" is meant to be us saying we don't want the show to end.

In the season all the characters talk about dying like "not hearing it when it happens"

When Silvios dinner friend gets shot he doesn't even hear it when its happening.

Meadow is so fucking hot jesus christ.

I hope my reddit spacing convinced you.

Yes, she was terrible took 40 minutes for me to come.

I remember how long it took the guy to come.
Did you hear what I said, user?

>"DONT STOP" is meant to be us saying we don't want the show to end.

Well the full lyric is "Don't stop believing" and I think that more of a comment on Tony's belief in his own invulnerability, and his belief that he can somehow "win" and prevail in this self-destructive game where every is pretty much doomed.

I don't like these meta-fictional interpretations. They're kind of stupid. You might as well be saying that it was we, the audience, who got shot in the end.

The more I watch it, the less I believe he was supposed to die. Just because of the quality of the suspense building up to it. It's meant to make you think he's going to die at any moment, and then when you reflect on, realise that this is how he lives his entire life.
We're seeing it through his eyes for that scene, and it puts us on edge. He will live forever experiencing that tension, however long that may be. Some might argue that's almost as bad as death.

He died.

Truth is, we already saw Tone’s death scene, in a sense. There’s a reason why they spent time and graphic detail on Phil Leotardo’s death in front of his family – it was so we could infer that the same thing happened to Tony.

We saw his death in Kennedy & Heidi. He was a husk, spiritually, after that, when he gave in totally to nihilism and rejected the concept of divine justice or retribution.

this paranoia thing has been debunked, he's looking at his menu half the time

You are right that we were shown his spiritual death. But that doesn't preclude the possibility of his literal death, which I believe did happen.

You probably already know all the arguments for "Tony died", and I don't think I need to repeat them. Suffice to say that this literal death was set up and foreshadowed in a superabundance of different ways.

I think the ending is designed to mean a thousand different things to anyone that happens to see it, while at the same time meaning absolutely nothing. That is it's genius.

didn't die on screen = not canon.

whatever fanfiction you want to come up with off the screen is irrelevant.

>Carmella doesn't know the western literary canon
Is she a pleb?

I'm going by comic book rules, if we don't see a body they aren't dead.

If I can put on my Pretentious Hat for a second - isn't the story, at its core, about Tony trying to find peace? Through therapy, through family, and through the "codes" of mafia and masculinity?

All of these thing fail him in the end. The reasons are internal - at every turn, he fails himself. The only "peace" for Tony is an unpredicted death. This is the logical conclusion of his journey.

tl;dr: Tony died. You need some sessions with Melfi to get over this denial.

I'd say that Tony's story is largely about that, but Tony's story isn't the whole show, or the whole world. A huge part of the ending was showing all the different walks of life eating in all the different diners all over the world at any one time. Meadow trying to park her car is a scene recreated on every other street in every other city in America, every second of every day. That's part of what Chase was trying to convey there. There's a reason it intentionally syncs up with the "streetlight people" lyric.

Reminder that Tony never existed and he was only a dream of Kevin Finnerty

No, could you repeat it?

>A huge part of the ending was showing all the different walks of life eating in all the different diners all over the world at any one time

I interpret that scene differently.

For me, it was a sinister and tense scene about how at this point in his life, there is potential danger everywhere for Tony and his family. He has reached a point where a setting which would be commonplace and banal for most people is essentially a warzone. Anyone in the restaurant could be a killer. We feel tension watching Meadow park her car, because we know there might be people watching and waiting in the street.

Tony is comfortable eating his junk food, snacking away like there is nothing to worry about. Because he doesn't "stop believing". But belief will not save him - the walls of fate are closing in, and you can feel the claustrophobic nature of the scene.

Toodle-fucking-oo?

Reminder than Finn Detrolio orchestrated Tony's death to take over both New York and New Jersey, when Vito told said "Finn Detrolio, my arch-nemesis2, he meant literally Finn was going to get them all killed and take over.

The scene is definitely engineered to simulate rising tension, although it would've been tense either way by virtue of it being the Last Scene of The Sopranos. I think the scene is telling us all to not stop believing, don't stop believing in the good in ourselves, don't stop believing in love, in self-betterment, in retribution, or whatever. Don't ever stop. Because that's all we've got. I think the fact that Chase chose to cut exactly as those words were said is pretty telling.

I saw the episode where Tony kills Chrissy earlier this week.
Now that there's a Sopranos thread, I just wanted to say what the fuck.

What the fuck.

Not fucking cool, and I did a complete 180 on Tony now.

What the fuck.

Yeah what the fuck? Tony should have done that 2 seasons ago.

No.

>six and a half seasons of resentment and disappointment encapsulated in one look
Gandolfini was a god

He should've killed with Adriana to be honest. He assured Tony that she probably didn't tell anything important about Chris and him to the feds but really, one phrase comes to mind.

>Look, why take a chance?

Christopher being a cousin to Tony saved his ass more than once. Even someone like Sil isn't getting away with the shit Chrissy did.

The ending to me is the perfect encapsulation of the series as a whole. Tony going through the struggle of trying to balance his family life and his organized crime life, even at a simple family dinner his "work" is brought up at the table and he tells Carmella that Carlo is working with the feds, you have an uneasy feeling watching the scene because you know eventually his life of organized crime is going to catch up with him whether that be him getting "whacked" or going to prison for his crimes.

>A.J.: Focus on the good times.
>Tony: Don't be sarcastic.
>A.J.: Isn't that what you said one time? Try to remember the times that were good?
>Tony: I did?
>A.J.: Yeah.
>Tony: Well, it's true, I guess.
>[the waitress arrives with a bowl of onion rings]
>Tony: I ordered something for the table.

Perfect final lines, imo
Come what may, life goes on, might as well enjoy what we can of it

Ayyy marone, you better pay up now, hehe

You are free to take it your own way. But I can't agree with this optimistic spin on events.

Tony is the protagonist. You can say the show is about other things too, and sometimes it is, but Tony is the centre. There is a wider world but we see it through the ruthless lens of Tony, pretty much always. Whether it’s a degenerate gambler or a disappointing son, every character is portrayed through the prism of "How Tony sees it." And his character flaws are constantly exposed and analysed.

You can take "don't stop believing" as a universal message, I suppose. Seems like a cheap and cheerful platitude, if you ask me. Hardly the note to end on, after all the bleakness and self-investigation we have seen from the character.

I think instead that the song is a specific comment on the follies of Tony. He believes in his bullshit so strongly that he is destined - like Bobby said - to never see it coming. He believes that these structures will prevail carry him through. But they won't. They won't because his friends were never really friends and his life was never really a life - it was all just a succession of crooks and crime. There is one obvious ending and that's the real ending here.

>Episode where Johnny Sack goes to jail
>Credits ends with Johnny B Goode
>Go Johnny Go, to Jail

Pottery

>I thought the ending would be somewhat jarring, sure. But not to the extent it was, and not a subject of such discussion. I really had no idea about that. I never considered the black a shot. I just thought what we see is black. The ceiling I was going for at that point, the biggest feeling I was going for, honestly, was don't stop believing. It was very simple and much more on the nose than people think. That's what I wanted people to believe. That life ends and death comes, but don't stop believing. There are attachments we make in life, even though it's all going to come to an end, that are worth so much, and we're so lucky to have been able to experience them. Life is short. Either it ends here for Tony or some other time. But in spite of that, it's really worth it. So don't stop believing.
David Chase was a bigger softy than you give him credit for.

funniest moment of the series

hated this greedy fuckface

sad he never got what was coming to him, not really

How many episodes were there that introduced a new character and then killed them off by the end of it like it was supposed to have any emotional impact?

I can think of two off the top of my head.

list them

That guy that hangs himself at the start of the last season and that stripper that fell and died.

How do I get a girl like Adriana?

>that scene where chrissy beats her up and she comforts HIM

I need a girl like that goddamnit

that last scene of him sitting at satriales with the cat is pretty sad

>comic book rules
thats why you are autistic. There were a million signs to show he is dead just in the last episode alone

That dude was in the show for like 2 seasons, dumbass

Tracee being killed is much more about Tony and Ralph than it is her, and much generally more about women being tied up in the mob. Eugene had been around since Season 3 at the latest, and Members Only did a great job at showing how trapped and suffocated he was.

Were the dream sequences in this show directed by David Lynch?

she had Daddy issues

on my first watch I loved him for his lines and habit. Then i grew to dislike him for being a selfish ashole the whole time

He was one of the loneliest characters, all he had was his Ma

It doesn't matter, that was the point

>There are attachments we make in life, even though it's all going to come to an end, that are worth so much, and we're so lucky to have been able to experience them. Life is short.

I don't know why but the prominent thing from the Sopranos that stuck with me is the complete opposite of this. It's when Tony talks with Melfi, that every day is a life's gift but why does it have to be a pair of socks every time? Your shitty grey pointless days will always overwhelm the good ones until you have drawers and drawers of these socks because no one is able to live their life to the fullest. Life is shorter than short and half of it pointless filler bullshit that you can't do nothing about and those attachments won't help you either.

Your mom remembers my first blowjob

I always thought Meadow walks in just as Members Only is about to shoot him and she screams to warn him just in time. It makes sense since she always saves him. Carlo will testify though and Tony will eventually be killed or go to prison.

Nah, they are too coherent for Lynch.

The Sopranos plays both sides of the game with this, and just about everything else, that's why it's so good. It's as contradictory and ambiguous as the internal struggles of the characters it portrays.

Eugene had been in the series since at least S3.

Both had emotional impact if you weren't trying to tip your fedora so hard. Even if they are meaningless to us, Tracey meant something to tony, and eugene did what he did for his wife and son,

died too soon