Has most powerful weapon in the universe

>has most powerful weapon in the universe
>gets a gun
why

Isn't his ring partially faulty?

havent been keeping up with GL stuff.. whos the girl?

inheritor of power ring from crime syndicate

keep the king of england out of his face

>has way too many green lanterns for its species already
>gets two more
why

They explain it in universe.

Read comics.

Shit was broken dog

He doesn't trust the ring, he thinks the whole situation getting it was sketchy as fuck.

humans are expandables

In case the ring malfunctions.

When they doesn't know what to do, they add more GLs so the newbies can learn how to use it

Kinda like Robins

and what, he'll shoot it?

He shot Sinestro, worked pretty well

Because Earth is the birthplace of life itself, even our house cats get rings.

At least the cat was worthy of the ring. Humans are like getting admitted into Devry or Avengers.

If they're gonna have more Earth lanterns they could at least be non-humans

#Percival2016

His ring is faulty. He doesn't trust it and keeps his gun as a backup.

You know, the thing people always say Hal should do whenever his ring craps out. "Why doesn't he have a backup weapon?" Well, Simon does, and he gets bitched out for it.

i want to marry jessica!!!!!!!!

>in-universe explanation for stupid shitty idea
>still a stupid shitty idea
no thanx

Because then you have best weapon+extra

This
Make fucking I dunno etrigen a lantern or something

Who the fuck will he be fighting as a god damn lantern that a gun will even hurt?

Space criminals
You know the thing the lanterns are meant to be about

you see, the secret is that the guardians have realized we buy their shit hook line and sinker, and since most of the planet is ignorant and we don't have any sway in the galactic political scene they can exploit us and use us as disposable bodies as much as they want with no repercussions.

Yeah Lanterns are space cops for intergalactic threats not street tiers

because that "best weapon in the universe" can be beaten by anything and everything yellow. I'd want a gun too.

>killing aliens that probably didn't even do nothing
>not taking them in peacefully by talking them down
Typical humans

Because even the most powerful weapon in the universe can't work 100% of the time

Who needs courage, when you have a gun?

>gets a gun
>why?
He woke up this morning.

Rhyming oath, rhyming demon.

Makes sense really.

He shot Sinestro.

just like a gun cant?

If cops have tasers, why do they need guns/clubs?

Personally my concern is less the functionality of Oan tech. It's the logic of an opponent prepared for a GL's limitless arsenal but not a fucking gun.

I guess if its canon they take animals it makes sens of Simon and Jessica make

Tasers don't reliably kill people, they don't even reliably stop people. And most cops don't have clubs/saps anymore.

But they still have some sort of fall back weapon correct? Be it taser, pepper spray, etc.

Its the same principle with this gl. And most of the shit he faces will probably be stunned by a gun or laugh it off anyways.

Makes sense

Well I just said him because it was the first nonhuman who came to mind (why that wasent Clark Kent I do not know) but your right it works perfectly

Tasers are the go-to "compliance" device. ie. Instead of beating the shit out of you with clubs a la Rodney King, we're going to tase you until you do what we say. Neither are for fighting, they're for subduing an otherwise uncooperative perp. Same with pepper spray. A gun is for killing people (usually in self defense), plain and simple.

If you were from /k/ you'd know it's always better to have one than need one.

Giving green lantern a sidearm is like giving superman a backup parachute. Yeah it's practical but man it makes their powers seem so much less cool.

Though it would have been pretty hilarious if yellow weakness was still a thing and someone pulled the "paint myself yellow" ploy and then he just pulled the gun and shot him.

yeah that would be pretty funny but has the yellow weakness even come up since this character was introduced?

Does he even actually use a gun anymore? Or are they just drawing him with one in the promotional material because they know it drums up attention? I know Simon has actually appeared in fuck all since Johns stopped writing GL.

No it's been gone since Parallax happened I think. The space bug was responsible for yellow weakness and once he was out of the battery they didn't have to worry about it anymore.

i guess my problem with the gun is that it's become this character's defining trait

he's always shown waving it around

He's a hoodlum. Its what he does and is only a matter of time till he's shot by some white cop when his ring decides to fuck off.

Yeah, this is what's shitty about it. He's not the Green Lantern with who knows the tropes and likes to be prepared, he's the Green Lantern who has a gun. They really don't need to make it a thing. The only reason people find it so stupid is because he's always waving the thing around in promo pictures. If he just kept it holstered on his hip then it wouldn't be that big of an issue, people would just think he's being pragmatic or something, but based on everything I've seen of this guy, I can only assume it's his primary weapon.

Is the gun truly pragmatic? I mean he's got 15 rounds there, what the fuck are the odds that a problem will be so big his ring will run out of juice but small enough that those 15 rounds will save him?

Its kind of like carrying around a toothpick in case my sword breaks.

Sometimes a toothpick is all you need.

Oops, wrong toothpick picture.
Guess that ones not really helping my case.

>Its kind of like carrying around a toothpick in case my sword breaks.

Your magic sword doesn't work on anything yellow, and your toothpick does.

It's a last ditch tool. Last ditch tools are often the least effective tools.

>A gun is for killing people
No, a gun is for *stopping* people. In law, that's an incredibly important t distinction.
Because (in an ideal world, where cops aren't corrupt or incompetent) you get the person medical help immediately. You don't want them to die, you just need to stop them from hurting anyone and they've left you no other choice but to risk taking their life. Killing in and of itself is never the goal, not even in wartime.

> the thing people always say

those are internal voices

Why is Frank trying to kill Frank?

filename

H-how did this happen? Did Sinestro's ring go on empty?

They were in the dead zone or something

Aliens aint shit