Will he ever come back Sup Forums?

Will he ever come back Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Flash-Mark-Waid-Book-One/dp/1401267351/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hope so op hope so...

By the way, judging by Convergence and the titles that have spun off from it, I'm 99% convinced that the Hand in the DC Universe Special is Pre-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint Barry Allen.

In that sense, no, I don't think "white Wally" is coming back. No real reason for him to, either.

A Flash with a personality? Yes please.

I'm a huge Wallyfag but at this point I'm resigned to enjoying the trolling. And if he does come back I don't really expect a good creative team. He had a good run, if only DC would put out good collections.

>if only DC would put out good collections.
Mark Waids entire run is being reprinted across 3 collections in september.

Yeah probably in the Rebirth special, no other character would be a big enough spoiler for both Flash and old school Titans

Hope not, Barry is much better and we don't need another Speedster and his meme family

>Pre-Flashpoint Barry
But that's just current Barry

They have started collecting the Waid run

amazon.com/Flash-Mark-Waid-Book-One/dp/1401267351/

Just need WML now

Are the Johns Omni's/TPB's out of print?

Yeah. That guy's 99% theory is 100% wrong.

Barry, Louis and Clark are about the only characters that are unchanged physically from pre-flashpoint.

Weak bait

Superboy prime or Bart maybe? I don't see how the former relates to Flash though.

It's like in COIE, personal histories changed and their memories of the original timeline faded by the end of it.

Bart wouldn't make sense. The spoiler is for the Titans team with Donna, Dick, Roy, and Garth.

He's not wrong, he just said it wrong. COIE Barry did return to new 52 Earth-0 like Zero Hour Hal and pre-Flashpoint Clark and Lois. COIE Kara is supposed to be around too but we haven't seen her either. Has nothing to do with pre-Flashpoint Barry.

>It's like in COIE, personal histories changed and their memories of the original timeline faded by the end of it.
No it's not. Barry physically ran into the new universe and in COIE some went back to the point of creation and were more aware of events.

Wally was one of those, he remembers the COIE intimately.

> COIE Barry did return to new 52 Earth-0
Right, he has already returned, how is he going to return again in rebirth?

Er- Isn't COIE Barry the same as Pre-Flashpoint Barry? He died into the Speed Force (before it actually existed) and came back before Flashpoint

>Er- Isn't COIE Barry the same as Pre-Flashpoint Barry? He died into the Speed Force (before it actually existed) and came back before Flashpoint
We've only ever had the one Barry, you are right.

Born in the silver age, died in the silver age (read: merged with speed force). Not affected by zero hour or infinite crisis, returned in final crisis, transitioned fully in flashpoint.

The only one who actually remember the true events COIE was the Psycho Pirate. Everyone else remembered the Crisis, but not the Multiverse and only having 1 Earth

>Er- Isn't COIE Barry the same as Pre-Flashpoint Barry?

No, that's not how Convergence worked. Brainiac effectively copied characters as they existed before their continuities got changed/destroyed. There are now two Barries around.

You need to read COIE again. They remembered immediately when it happened but their memories faded by the end of the story. It's in the last couple of pages. They had "Flash sacrificed himself to save them" but they remember it differently from how it happened.

Wally even goes back and tries to solo the anti-monitor in his run to save Barry. He then has to put things back to how they were before. He clearly remembers the whole thing very well.

No, he captured them out of time and space. Once Telos as a world was ended, the cities from the timelines went to their original fates. It was the same for the characters that died in the Original Crisis. Post-Crisis Superman and Zero Hour Parallax survived because they weren't meant for that timeline, and were sent to the New 52 universe (skipping ZH, IC, FC, and Flashpoint) because they did not belong in the timeline that existed once the first Crisis ended

Kara and Barry explicitly did NOT go back to their original worlds and DC lied repeatedly that we'd see them. We only saw Clark, Lois, and Hal pre-Rebirth but all of them had the same circumstance.

No, if you read Multiversity, this helped create the Omniverse. Kara and Flash ran back into their original fates. Parallax and Clark ended up in the most recent Multiverse because the New 52 is technically a continuation of New Earth, while Barry and Kara were Pre-Crisis and sent to fulfill their original roles

My bet? Wally's the god-damn "Empty Hand"/Master of the Cosmic Horror Kill Crew the Gentry.

He's ultra-fucking pissed off at what has happened to him and being replaced with a nigger version of himself, he's going to top what Superboy Prime tried to do and wipe out all existence.

Superboy Prime will get redeemed because he realizes that Wally's gone full nhillist and die trying to warn Superman about Wally's return. Cause with Darkseid and Anti-Monitor dead, they need SOMEONE to fill the void left by them and the Boy King probably feels that Morrison's mort squad of Doom Patrol reject villains need a name character to front them if they intend to be important and not just characters in an easy to ignore vanity project.

By this logic, Post-Crisis Superman would have been living with his future self, and Kara would have to live through about 2 different Supergirls until her iteration returned, the first Crisis was not averted. It changed its outcome.

Wally better not become a fucking villain.

Convergence had nothing to do with Multiversity and they did not reference each other besides both confirming that there's more worlds out there than just the local 52. They did not run home. You will not find a comic panel nor interview quote that supports the notion that they went back.

I'm not saying it's not dumb, but that's what they did.

And I'm telling you what was intended, trust me.

Why would you want shitty writers fucking him up more? Johns already did the best he could to ruin him as much as possible

Don't let anyone else touch him.
Messner-Loebs' run is best Wally

>insulting based Cereal King
Don't ever let me see you on this board again.

Nah

He alredy has but not in the way we all wanted

DC Bendisfag you suck
Kyle/Tim/Wally superior race
and Kon isn't a stupid Lex baby

Geoff is way more competent and consistent than Bendis, also Geoff best work on Flash was when he was writting Wally, his Barry run was incomplete and clearly rushed, if you were actually a Wally fan you would know this.

They kinda have to make him black now otherwise they would get a lot of outrage because of the tv show.

>dcau fan
comics wally never had a personality

Black Wally and Black Robin are DC (Miles Morales)

Oh look, someone who never read Wally comics.

90s nostalgiafag pls go

I'm just going to jump on the Black Wally hating bandwagon here. I really don't like the guy so I definitely don't think he deserves his own name.

>comics wally never had a personality
Black Wally is just black.

Wally has literally gone back in time and relived the Crisis, dude. He remembers.

Go read Chain Lightning.

Except Convergence Barry, who is Pre-COIE, is different from current Barry.

How can Barry run back to his original fate? His original fate was dying to thwart the Anti Monitor. In that very scene they defeat the Anti-Monitor and Barry never had to die.

Wally West is not an important or big enough character for them to focus an event on, dude. He's never been important in DC's grand scheme events.

He might return as a wink to the fans who've been begging for him for years but the event's not gonna hinge on him being the big bad.

I think it's more Racist to change a character's ethnicity to try to fit with a modern era. That's just me. But the part I don't like about this new Wally West is that they completely changed his character. He used to idolize the Flash and wanted to be like him, now he's just an asshole to Barry. It was pretty disappointing.

they turning him into the stereotypical angry young black man!

What if he comes back, but his powers change from the speedforce to the bleed?

It would make some sense for that to happen as the speedforce is adjacent to the bleed as well as the dream. So let's say that Wally tried to escape Convergence but wasn't quite fast enough and got caught in the bleed with Braniac.

That would allow them to sort of go back and claim that Wally was instrumental in Braniacs defeat and has been keeping him in check, in the bleed ever since.

It would also allow him to keep a similar yet different powerset as he could move in between or outside dimensions instead of with the power of the speedforce, sort of like Zolomon using time instead of speedforce.

It would also satisfy Johns whole crush on Barry being the greatest/primary speedforce user and whatnot.

>What if we bring back Wally West but he's nothing like Wally West?!?!!

It'd be funny to see DC screw it up twice in a row.

And then they seriously mellowed him out.

>He's never been important in DC's grand scheme events.

Not like he featured heavily in CoIE, Infinite Crisis, and Final Crisis.

Not like he was a part of the GOAT JLA lineup which will never be surpassed.

Agreed