Three fingers salute

This is a cartoon board. This is a comic board. How come there aren't many comics about cartoons?

see IDW

So here's a story on what you have to do to make it in hollywood.

that's most of what idw does

Ever wonder why so many 'toons wear gloves?

Skipping copyright page.

This is gonna be kinda messed up innit?

Messed up? It's only telling the story of why so many cartoon characters have three fingers and one thumb! What can be so messed up about that?

I don't think that's really what op meant

I guess for some reason World War One takes place in 1921 here? No idea why the timeline is so screwy.

HOLD THE FUCK UP

There's a fucking Toontown in this? What is this, a spinoff/prequel to Who Framed Rodger Rabbit?

ToonsVILLE, not Toontown. Geeze, next thing you know you'll be confusing Ricky Rat for Mickey Mouse or Dizzy Walters for Walt Disney! Completely different non-sueable things!

I have the most terrible feeling that this will grow quite disturbing. In a subtle way.

I can feel it in my gut, that uncomfortable, sinking feeling that leaves you breathless and unnerved.

What could have possibly clued you in?

>Carhorn Armwhistle
The absolute madmen!

So Portly Pig and Carhorn Armwhistle are obvious but is Chester Chimp a reference to a specific cartoon character?

Really enjoying this, by the way. Thanks for dumping it.

The funny thing is that I always thought if Fogh... Uhm I mean Carhorn Armwshitle was real he'd be a foul-mouthed lewd person.

I think Chester Chimp is just a generic toon Dizzy new back in the day, not a Hollywood star. Still, if anyone knows he's an actual reference feel free to chime in.

Her smile unnerves me.

Timeline is a bit off, but I think you guys recognize this little guy.

Remember the girl in all those Donald Duck Movies? The South American? For some reason I always though she actually did have a crush on Donald Duck.

Does Sylvester Jr even exist anymore? I liked him, but usually when Sylvester shows up its with Tweety.

Who could that Speedy little Mouse be?

I can't even tell what the fuck is going on in these besides some sort of procedure, It seem's like they'd have been doctored to add a certain Rat's shadow, and the surgeons could have been from any old photo of an Operating Theater.

Can you name all of these characters?

Here

Remember, someone fast took them so they're all blurred in one direction. Once you realize they have speed streaks in them the pictures become easier to make out.

I think this is someone famous but can't think of who it could be. Owl from Winnie the Pooh?

So, what the hell IS the secret to such wild popularity? If it's not the three-fingered thing, then what could it be?

WAIT NO, I HAVE IT.

It's the Jews, calling it now, it's the Jews for some completely bullshit reason.

Humans have 4 fingers and a thumb. Toon's usually have 3 fingers and a thumb. At least the famous ones do. The whole not counting thumbs as fingers confused me for a bit too.

This comic sure recycles panels a lot.

Recycled Panels, you say? I'm shocked, SHOCKED at such an accusation! The artist wouldn't make an entire page of just a single panel!

Is this an actual page?

He looks, uh, rather displeased here.

Actual page. It's supposed to be uncomfortable silence as the interview asks Buggsy to take off his gloves and talks about Dappy.