IT'S HAPENNING

In the after-credits scene for X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, soldiers are retrieving data from the derelict Weapon X facility, including several samples of Wolverine's blood addressed to the Essex Corporation.

>"It’s a nod toward potentially a lot of different movies," explained producer/writer Simon Kinberg "I mean certainly the WOLVERINE movie is related to what happens at the end of it, but there’s also another character that’s introduced, at least in name, in the tag and he could show up in any host of different X-MEN films. Maybe a GAMBIT movie, maybe another X-MEN movie."

comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x-men_apocalypse/first-intriguing-details-on-x-men-apocalypses-a141562

bryan cranston pls

fuck mr sinister. he's a jobber why do they think we would care?

Mr Sinister creates X-23

W3 is Jackmans last Wolverine movie. They are gonna replace Logan with Laura and take a shot at female lead Wolverine movies

Screen shot this post mother fucker

Deadpool is going to be the new Wolverine. He's their money maker now.

>DC : Wonder Woman
>Marvel : Captain Marvel
>Fox : ?????

Fox is gonna milk the x universe dry and their best bet at a female lead movie is gonna be X-23

>implying jlaw won't be their wolverine, which in a way she already is

this.
jlaw didnt work out
oliva munn sucks
so x23 will have to do

>Jean
>Jubillee
>Rogue
>Storm
>Kitty
>Mistique
>Emma Frost

Goddammit, they have like all the relevant Marvel females and they've already fucked up enough that they'll have to resort to X-23 of all people?

Watch Negasonic Teenage Warhead be their lead female instead.

I thought DoFP was their opportunity to say goodbye to the old ways and do a proper fucking X-Men movie for once, but that's out of the window with all the bullshit continuity issues and cyclops-hating.

>their best bet at a female lead movie

What makes you think they care to have a female led movie?

Sometimes I feel like the only one who likes Laura

X-23, Cable, Domino, Warpath for X-Force

Have you seen the last 3 X-Men movies or are you just ignoring that Mystique is the new Professor X and Xavier is now basically a background character.

I liked her before she was transformed into another generic teenage superhero girl

Fuck this. Legitimately. Fuck this entire plot and all the shilling of Sniktbub. Mr. Sinister is a Summers villain. In the comics, he is obsessed with the Summers and Greys, not fucking Wolverine.

FOX, you wanna make a good X-Men Film?

THEN MAKE A FUCKING X-MEN FILM.

Do not make 'Wolverine and his sidekicks, the X-Men'. Do not make 'Mystique and the X-Men'. Make a team film about the fucking X-Men. Use good characters with interesting plots. Use Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Colossus. Even use the New Mutants or New X-Men. But stop using and interjecting a character who is so underdone that if he was meat he'd be charcoal, into stories that have nothing to do with him.

every last one of those characters you listed have been used and on screen for the last 16 years. they need a franchise - x23 will get that push

underdone=overdone

>X-23 in a movie
>Jubilee will be too old to buddy around with her

>every last one of those characters you listed have been used
I know, I'm agreeing and contemplating their sheer stupidity in ruining almost all of them in one movie alone.

they had a chance to do them right, with new blood and lesser known actors and with a character-based movie. But chose not to. I.diots

this.
cyclops to the xmen is what cpt america is to the avengers. the xmen are a better unified team and have more members than the original avengers, BUT somehow the movies focus solely on wolverine and mystique. bullshit

i got you - i was sorely disappointed that rogue was so ruined. she was hot as hell and the movie version was ...not

But user
vampires don't age

>too old
too dead, you mean.

I'll conceded that. The writing for ANAD Laura doesn't read like Laura.

Always loved her and we had a thread not too long ago showing that "appreciation" for her.

>a lot of different movies,

When do I get Mojo, Longshot, and Spiral?

because a lot of people are fans.
every villain is a jobber, because every villain loses

Going off this, the entire idea of Sinister being a Summer's villain could be a really interesting idea. It could serve as a coming of age film for Cyclops. Because remember what Sinister was originally intended to be? The boy in the orphanage called Nathan.

He was a bully , the monster that Cyclops was constantly afraid of who also was obsessed with Scott. Sinister was supposed to be the Shazam to Nathan's Billy.

So the entire idea of a Sinister film is having Cyclops overcoming his fear and insecurities. To understand his place in the X-Men and to show the audience why he was chosen as the leader.

But hey who needs that right? I mean when we can have a movie which examines the mentor and student relationship between Wolverine and Professor X, a coming of age story with an interesting character is a pathetic thing.

>When this user was delusional

They basically just created 4 movies for Deadpool to be in and you think a character that is way less known is going to be the marquee? Say what? Waifufags are literally delusional.

So how bad are they going to fuck up the Mr. Sinister makeup/costume?

I care.

i'd wait for the gross before declaring it happening

Sinister's threat comes from his immortality, his intelligence, his amorality, and his obsessive tendencies. He's a mad scientist with too much time and too much power.
Honestly, I'd be okay with no white skin/red eyes and ridiculous costume, since those things aren't what make him who he is. In my eyes at least, feel free to disagree.

the Wonder Woman movie is going to bomb and we won't see any female lead superhero movies for 20 years.

Because hollywood, for all the talk about its "liberal values", is incredibly conservative, risk-adverse, and completely oblivious to nuance. Catwoman did horribly? It must be because audiences hate female leads, not that the movie was a deep-fried dog turd.

Its kinda neat when it works in our favor. Iron Man was a surprise hit? It must be because Superheroes are inherently cool again, not that RDJ nailed the role to perfection. We've had a 10-year cinematic bonanza all thanks to a washed-up cokehead. And we'll get 10 years of R-rated comic movies thanks to Ryan Reynolds' dedication.

But the shallow hollywood feedback loop really sucks when it goes the other way. Gal Gadot is going to kill the subgenre by phoning it in. And holy hell, has Chris Pine ever signed on for a product that didn't suck out loud? He is the modern version of Ted McGinley (look it up, kids).

Are there any comic villains that aren't jobbers?

>And holy hell, has Chris Pine ever signed on for a product that didn't suck out loud?
I kind of liked the first Star Trek reboot movie.

Eh, she still has a unique voice in ANW. Although much like the Bendis run, ANXM Laura is an abomination.

She was kind of in danger of falling into an endless loop of 'learning to be more than a weapon' and then getting reset to start all over again. A clean break in that sense is a good thing.

I just pretend ANXM never happened and she learned to fit in socially more from hanging out with her buddies at Avengers Academy.

>we won't see any female lead superhero movies for 20 years.
>>>What is Captain Marvel

Eh, the best way to make people take a villain seriously and remember them is to make them score some kind of victory or serious blow against the hero, even if they ultimately fail. Like how Green Goblin was forever cemented as one of Spidey's greatest foes after causing the death of Gwen Stacy. the fact that Zemo is getting so much discussion now after Civil War is because even though he got arrested, he somewhat won. He managed to leave the Avengers arrested or hunted, broken, traumatized, and fractured.

who the fuck cares about these shitty movies

Perlmutter was the big guy standing in the way of more female leads, I'm pretty sure that Marvel is going to push ahead with Captain Marvel and Black Widow regardless now he's gone.

And has it started filming yet?

Studios can make all the claims they want, but if WW bombs you'll see the Captain Marvel movie slowly slip back in the release lineup until its forgotten.

the Twilight chick who is the daughter of Phil Collins could be a good x23

but think of the monies when they cram deadpool and x-23 in x-force!

Hopefully never. Mojo is a fucking annoying villain, Longshot is fucking boring. Spiral herself is an interesting character, but all the BS brainwashing and being tied to Mojo fucks her over.

Depends on whether Bryan faggot Singer is tied to the project or not.

>And we'll get 10 years of R-rated comic movies thanks to Ryan Reynolds' dedication

Please, Jesus, let this be true.

Literally who? You're confusing actors, dingus.

Enema of the State for Deadpool 2 please.

>but that's out of the window with all the bullshit continuity issues and cyclops-hating.
singer has to be singer

The best X-Men villain is going to be on the big screen... Yeah everyone is going to care.

>including several samples of Wolverine's blood
I'm going to be so pissed if there is no focus on cyclops.

She's a great character but she's is quite annoying now being a fickle teenage girl.

This... The X-Mem movies are more wolverine and friends than they are x-men. And the way they're pushing mystique is ridiculous. Mystique is such a pathetic villain that nobody really likes.

is this pasta? why is it in this thread
also you can't say "catwoman failed because it was horrible" because lots of horrible movies do well, and lots of good movies do poorly.
also, marvel has promised a black widow movie and SJWs will bitch until the end of time if marvel doesn't deliver, so women get at least two swipes at the superhero pinata.

Cyclops is more important than captain America. The avengers has a whole roster of stand alone characters. The x-men has become uninteresting every since cyclops has been gone and people only continue to read because they're waiting for his return.

what has mr sinister ever done that makes him the best xmen villian?
what are his powers and where did he come from?

onslaught is xmens best villian user

disney and the powers that be have made an order not to create any new xmen characters indefinitely. so, prepare for recycled story lines and cyclops coming and going as they need him to be

mr. sinister is my favorite x-men antagonist. i thought singer was doing dark phoenix again though. theyll probably make him the villain in gambit or something and then kill him off without any connection to or mention of cyclops.

Smokin' Aces is alright

I really hope so. Mister Sinister is past due for a cinematic appearance

>If WW bombs you'll see the Captain Marvel movie slowly slip back in the release lineup until its forgotten
>Implying Marvel wouldn't LOVE to see WW bomb so they get yet another BVS/Civil War situation

he is a schemer behind the scenes and a brilliant geneticist who can use dna of other mutants to add their powers to his power set. basically he is like apocalypse only better.

I feel so sorry for ScottFans, he's never gotten just desserts and is always second-fiddle to a hairy Canadian.

Being a big fan of sinister my wish is that he'd never have a cinematic appearance, especially since all the x franchise movies have been crap.

>even stingers now get spoiled beforehand by marketing
I know your movie had subpar critical reception, but come on.

>next movie is phoenix
>next movie is also sinister
>it's Phoenix vs. Sinister London

They are literally adapting stories from less than 5 years ago now. The next movie will probably be something garbage like House of M.

Are you saying Deadpool is a female lead?

nobody said anything about a female lead. The waifufag did hoping the torch of holding the entire foxverse up would go to x-23 when wolverine is done in his movie.

When deadpool has literally taken what amounts to a comedy and turned it into a billion dollar franchise.

Which is why I said waifufags are delusional for thinking it will be anyone but deadpool going forward.

>nobody said anything about a female lead.
>their best bet at a female lead movie is gonna be X-23

The post also mentions Wonder Woman, not Batman and Captain Marvel, not Iron Man or Captain America. I think you should work on your reading comprehension

which is the same waifufag I'm talking about.

the post just before that one is also a part of this it literally has nothing to do with a female lead but nice cherry picking.

It was always about who is going to take over for lead of Fox's 'verse'

Mr. or Ms. Sinister?
Marauders or the Nasty Boys?

Marauders probably. I'll be very surprised if use the Nasty Boys.
And of course it's mister. Like they'd ever have a female main villain.

Deadpool. He's bi sexual which trumps any female representation in 2016

I hope it's the Nasty Boys, let's get Peter David a movie paycheck.

I care

he is responsible for the emergence of the mutants in XX century during the atomic age

I guess that you'll have to be salty then

currently is almost 60% on rt
we'll see how it fares

Or maybe if this film crashes enough, we can avoid this entire shit show and maybe have Fox discuss giving some rights back to Marvel

>when a nerd doesn't understand business

Deadpool made enough that they could write down any potential losses this movie makes and F4, and probably another movie or two and still be good to go.

deadpool already saved fox.
and I doubt Apoc will crash.
I know that I will go watch this movie at least twice, and a lot of people have trust in singer

I guess that the initial negative reviews did their job, as people now ignore vast positive reviews that are appearing everywhere

From what I heard, this movie will have a LOT of fan-service. Much more than ever

I trust that Singer is using Xmen as a platform to fuck all the boy actors he could desire.

which doesn't matter when it comes to rights.

>F4 will be reduced to Straight Man acts for Deadpool

No worries, they already found his bitch, his or her name is Cable.

Mr Sinister look would actually fit the Singer's gay leather fetish.

Also for the faggots complaining about Logan Mystique, this is their last X-men main movie. The next ones are all about Scott, Jean and Storm. Which would fit well with Sinister.

And thanks to redditpool we will have a shit ton of great X-men movies.

>but muh accurate costumes!
Tell that to Zemo. Or better yet, just watch Redditpool 2. It will have accurate costumes and all the money it makes will keep paying for more Singerverse movies.

I haven't been following the comics too closely anymore but I'm pretty sure that's not true. I know for sure Taylor has created some new X-Men characters, for example.

Karl Urban as Mr. Sinister maybe?

I don't understand the complain about costumes, given that they are the least important thing about X-men

People have been saying that Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Nightcrawler were highlights in this film, though.

There's some hope.

based Singer, one of us

rights shmights, why people want X-Men to be part of mcu? I would hate for Wolvie to be an avenger

90% of the complains (ignoring the JL ones which are sadly true) are just about costumes.

I will never understand why someone as Logan would use a fucking costume. He seems to be the last guy on Earth who would care about such inane shit. Plus he doesnt need protection at all. To wear a goofy suit for someone so jaded, cynic and rude as him felt always off for me.

I think Cranston wanted to be Sinister. We didnt got him as Lex, might as well let him be Sinister.

of course, a logical explanation for a costume is because X-men after all started as a cape comic (and in many ways, they still have elements of capes), but logically, the X-men were more of a soldiers rather than typical heroes

I don't that other user does.

Deadpool literally saved the entire universe.

oh yeah, I do remember that he said it publicly some time ago

>muh capeshit
When I think about it, the only capey comic from marvel was Avengers. FF were adventurers discovering shit and science, Thor was mythos and shit, BP had some political shit, Hulk was an outcast running away from army, Iron Man was an industrialist corp comic, X-Men had some alien / sci-fi stuff / politics, Ghost Riders and Punisher were vigilantes with some horror / action.

Spider-Man was capeshit, but at least had some interesting stories, motivations, and drama. Avengers always felt like some lowest common denominator comic book.

Who would have thought, though?

Based Deadpool.