Watch PPZ for the first time

>Watch PPZ for the first time.
>Decide to watch a few episodes of the PPG reboot

How can the people behind the new reboot be so incompetent.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Dti-uVHrUA
youtube.com/watch?v=C7ZFeViTl4g
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic-pykq5DiI
youtube.com/watch?v=QhHGIfu_T98
youtube.com/watch?v=w_pc73SzuRA
youtube.com/watch?v=x8wOE7J8G1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Budget and a Calarts degree, as the current meme goes.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Dti-uVHrUA

Guilty of loving the opening and this youtube.com/watch?v=C7ZFeViTl4g

i know this isnt the PPZ shit but what episode was pic related featured in?

>PPG was good, but became stale near it's final seasons
>PPZ was too cliche and tossed out everthing good about the original to be a generic magical girl show
>first reboot was okay, but portrayed both the girls and the professor as incompetent idiots, and had an artstyle reminiscient of 2006 era video games which needed shine and bloom on every single object
>second reboot is calarts garbage reliant on pop culture and issues that'll be outdated in a year, tacked on with animation that isn't even finished
>movie was amazing, but hated because it was "too dark"
>now everything has to be for the idiot children

Painbow
>How can the people behind the new reboot be so incompetent.
Easy, they got people who specialize in hit or miss humor as executive producers, so the things that people find abysmal and cankerous were stuff that they figured kids would enjoy, which I wouldn't know if that worked or not, but it still creates a huge backlash towards the people with people who don't like that kind of humor, or think it doesn't fit with the girls.
Then there's the animation errors, which can only be blamed on whoever they outsourced their animation to, and whoever was in charge of making sure it came back fine. If I'm to trust the word of one of the people, they actually let out an episode, online, with an error that they supposedly already fixed. Sure, on airing, they aired the fix, but it says something about the quality control, or lack thereof, when something like that gets past them.
I don't even hate the reboot, and I think it's too easily become something that people will take a potshot at, but, yeah, the apparent incompetency is appalling.

I wonder if the US cast would be willing to dub PPZ for domestic release. At least to make the garbage ppg2016 staff see how to make a product that isn't the classic style still not look like dried out dogshit.

The OPs and EDs are GOAT tier.

Never let anyone tell you otherwise.

There's already a PPGZ dub.

It is absolute shit.

Tara would probably be too expensive for something like that anyway. I doubt they'd want to dump a lot of money into a PPZ dub.

Wow. Mixed feelings about the PPG reboot.

The GOOD
>the girls have more fleshed out personalities >panda bears tripping out on mushrooms

The BAD
>almost none of the characters have their original voice actors
>little girls + twerking = bad lesson for kids
>shitty animation
>shitty art style

Ppgz is only good as fap fuel

>the girls have more fleshed out personalitie

Complete and utter bullshit. Don't take it personally.

nuPPG's are completely "written" while the originals had character brough about through their actions, the love involved in the creative process and the VA's. nuPPG's are completely artificial meme characters, meaning they are completely interchangable with any and all similar SJW characters of any other toon. They are just empty vessels with zero authentic personality.

Just finished watching Little Octi Lost, and compared to the other episodes ive seen this one was actually pretty decent. I know its not superpowered hijinks that involved saving townsville, but as a slice of life episode it worked pretty well.
I guess as long as you ignore the glaring animation errors and laziness it can still be considered a piece of crap as a whole. But a piece of crap with a few good episodes.

>almost none of the characters have their original voice actors

Yes they do. Almost every character except for the powerpuff girls themselves do.

I'm forgiving when it comes to the technical aspects of a show, but nuPPG's greatest sin is its lack of authenticity, a quality that's difficult to define, yet something most people can recognize instinctively. There's a shortage of conviction, passion, or rebellion to the nuPPG, and that's hard to forgive given what the original was.

I don't think the people who work on this are passionless, but they don't have to much to say with PPG. This is the wrong project for them to be on.

Meanwhile, at a more competent studio.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ic-pykq5DiI (video at 4:30)

What if we give Trigger a budget and tell them to make whoopass girls?

They will make a new IP, remember, they were suppose to do Korra but they rejected it because they wanted to have their first TV show to be their own (they did name KLK's Mako after Korra's Mako as special thankls however).

They also did a bumper for a Toy Story short as well.

>PPGs twerkin it
>panda jerkin it
what the shit

>Cartoon Network Japan
Are you just saying that 2005-era CN was better, and it was just the only compilation of those promos you could find, or are you under the impression these were done by a Japanese studio?

youtube.com/watch?v=QhHGIfu_T98 was done by a Japanese studio (TMS).

TMS also did this as well.

I'm amazed that with all the other edits, the English dub left that in.

I was gonna say please tell me you didn't watch the dub.

This is normal now. You're just ___old.___

To be fair, pants ripping to show cutsey underwear underneath is a common cartoon gag. It's not often though that cute lewd little girls end up as the butt of the joke.

What episode?

>the butt of the joke.
Carlos, get the fuck out.
Heh heh...

What exactly is up with artists adding Jack Spicer with the ppg? Especially any red heads.

Maybe he appears in that bleedman crossover thing

Depends on what kind of Trigger budget.
>motion tweens everywhere

I miss the original series

There's a good example for this.

In the original show, the first Buttercup episode is about her crush on Ace and friendship with the Gangreen Gang. She doesn't say anything for the whole episode and gives Ace a really powerful look before beating the shit out of him for betraying her. Once she saves her sisters, she says "I'm sorry" and the episode ends.

In the new series, there's an episode that lifts the plot but replaces the Gangreens with rollerblading punks. Buttercup has to talk the whole time and tell the audience that her sisters are more important than friends.

What's the big deal? Cartoons show stuff like that all the time.

It usually isn't drawn as fanservice, user.
PPGZ in general is kind of skeevy.

What a weird take on that character.

Are you telling me the continuation of Samurai Jack is going to suck?

>that frame where Bubbles' pigtail has no color

God damn it this was already offensive enough

What number? 18?

Yeah, it might actually be because of the video compression, so I take it back

I think we can all admit to being guilty of misreading things to complain about that aren't truly there or worthy of such vitriol when it comes to this show, regardless of how it actually is pretty shitty

What does Painbow have to do with this thread?

obligatory-
youtube.com/watch?v=x8wOE7J8G1U

Jokes on you CN. Now, give us the shows we want.

>Ms Bellum is no longer relevant due to feminism
and we have this......

>little girls + twerking = bad lesson for kids
I still want to be fair and say that they were under mind control, then, and were being puppeteered by some magic panda thing.
During the whole time Buttercup is pointing out how stupid it all is.

Theres a game?

There is a PPGZ game, but those are fakes, based off of Super Robot Wars

chalk it up to Sup Forums being Sup Forums

Is this an actual game?

I do wish that The Powerpuff and the Rowdyruff would be friends.

too bad these were NEVER dubbed!

no idea

No, but there's no real reason they couldn't be in Super Robot Wars. Super Robot Wars has all the robots. ALL OF THEM.

Except Magic Knights Rayearth because the Rayearth creator is a tard who doesn't get it.

The episode was written because E. G. Daily had some problem with her throat and couldn't voice a whole episode. Note how husky her single line at the end is.

This is not a complaint; rolling with circumstance and coming up with something good like that episode is tops. Hell, Daily's abnormally thick voice makes it sound like Buttercup is overcome with emotion.

Cashing in on nostalgia takes practically no effort

I always loved that opening theme, quality of the actual anime regardless.

How lewd was the anime

nope, fananimation

You should look at it like this.
> Two kids are twerking, something that's known by adults as a sexual intended dance. Another kid their age is saying don't do this. The other kids just ignore her, making kids (the audience) think twerking is fun and should not listen to others (their age) saying no.
> Now, said two kids are still twerking, and now a respected adult (Ms. Sarah Bellum, for example) tells the two girls that doing this is wrong for not just kids to do, but makes females look bad. They listen to the adult, and stop twerking. Value lesson learned (for both the show and the kid audience, and adults agree with the message.)
That's the problem here. It's not just why 5 year olds twerk that's setting people off, it's the execution (like a lot of things about nuPPG does wrong) that's the bigger issue here. If it went like this, then people wouldn't be as mad.

And to add, Ms Bellom really would have worked greatly here, since, everyone in the show (for some reason Buttercup doesn't) goes on this drug influence by looking at a rainbow or something, thanks to the whole "Ms Bellom's face" bit can be an excuse for her not to get effected, and there, she can make a meaningful guidance for the girls, just like in the original show.

But the way you want me to look at it is ignoring the fact that they're being, like I said, puppeteered.

>How can the people behind the new reboot be so incompetent.

Affirmative Action hires.

So what is the context of this anyway?

>All characters start sliding around with no animation
>Stock explosions

Fund it

No, the Jackbots do though

A rainbow appears over Townsville and everyone (except the girls) gets high and trippy as fuck, and forget about boundaries and shit.

The girls go the cloud responsible to sort this out and it's just one huge party with a weird as fuck Panda that is practially a rapist/molester for not listening when people say no, and goes as far as to mind control them.

It's like a shitty version of the Futurama episode where the floating brains stole everyone's smarts.

The girls twerking is just when they're mind controlled, the episode already frames it as bad with Buttercup being repulsed by it, but it still doesn't make it okay.

I have yet to watch the reboot or the anime and it'll probably stay that way. I have the series boxset and movie and I still watch an episode or two occasionally, it holds up and that's all I need.

I love this asshole's version of Princess. Is there a IRL version of this hair? It makes me diamonds.

How hip

There any other animations for the other characters?

Nope, that's all they've done.

I'm sure now they would be okay with doing an existing IP.

Especially if they're given a somewhat bigger budget than usual.

>drawn by a storyboard revisionist on the new show

But PPGZ did look like dried out dogshit. Just of the japanese variety.

>Another Z thread.

I don't care what anyone says, this show was adorable. I wish we could get cute like this in modern cartoons.

I saw the storyboards comparisons for the sleepover episode with the bull on tumblr and they were great. The final product was not. So there's competent people working behind the scenes, but that's not what makes it to the final production for some reason? Can someone fill me in on how/why this happens?

Z was animated well. The problem wasn't the animation or the art direction.

>Z was animated well.

No it wasn't

Yes, it was. Compare it to other Toei shows.

If you compare it to the pilot episode, of course the animation isn't great.

Outsourcing.
If what Craig said holds true, even today, then
>animation & camera
is all done by Korean animators, and
>All writing, recording, storyboarding, timing, design, music & SFX are done in the States.

If the Korean studios are getting paid to do it, they don't follow the storyboards that closely? I was seeing a lot of actual character in those storyboards (the bull especially). I didn't save them unfortunately, so if someone else happens to have them on hand could post it.

Or they're not supposed to stay close to the storyboards but translate the storyboards into the art style that was guidelined beforehand?

Meanwhile, in Japan.
youtube.com/watch?v=QhHGIfu_T98

Wait was that a gainax animated bumper?

All we got was the opening to that dinosaur cartoon

Man if trigger actually made that a real cartoon

Yes and its no better animated that Sailor Moon Crystal. The animation has less movement that even the new PPG show

No that bumper was animated by TMS (Telecom).

Directed by Toshihiko Masuda.
They also were suppose to do Korra before Pierrot ended up with it but they rejected it because they wanted to have their first TV show to be their own (they did name KLK's Mako after Korra's Mako as special thanks however).

>Yes and its no better animated that Sailor Moon Crystal.
You are completely blind, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this.

Also Crystal was one of Toei's worst shows ever made animation and art-wise. You can't compare Z to the worst thing Toei has made, ever.

Crystal was Toei's version of nuPPG: a shameless cash grab made by C-listers in North Korea.