What the fuck was this even about

what the fuck was this even about

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/doug-creator-jim-jinkins-reveals-whether-doug-and-patti-end-up-happily-ever-after/amp/
youtube.com/watch?v=d3o_WBboezw
youtube.com/watch?v=Vqri4Lvf-4s
youtube.com/watch?v=spdPd3sJHog
youtube.com/watch?v=gHxi-HSgNPc
youtube.com/watch?v=tC7abIwBMfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a slice-of-life show, so it doesn't really have to be about anything.

junior high problems

It's spelled out for you more than once, did you even pay attention?

>Patti: Doug, what's wrong, you don't seem yourself today?

>Doug: The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.e. the class which is the ruling material force of society, is at the same time its ruling intellectual force. The class which has the means of material production at its disposal, has control at the same time over the means of mental production, so that thereby, generally speaking, the ideas of those who lack the means of mental production are subject to it. The ruling ideas are nothing more than the ideal expression of the dominant material relationships, the dominant material relationships grasped as ideas.

poor man's Arthur

Being comfy and hanging out with your friends. It's like as told by ginger but actually good and not complete garbage

lol no.

Did anyone even actually watch Doug? Whenever it was on I'd just change the channel because it was trash.

yeah its popular, wasnt bad either, its Hey Arnold-tier

I did because I never had cable.
I'd be stuck with whatever cartoon is on.
Sometimes I'd be stuck watching Winnie the Pooh or Arthur, but Arthur was the shit.
I'd always look forward to Arthur.

WHITE PEOPLE PROBLEMS

>MUH EARS LOWERED!

Arthur is a public access man's Doug you mean.

What was Skeeter's ethnicity?

The Honka Honka tribe

i always thought he was middle eastern for some reason

Doug was on a cable network.

blue

Yeah but it was also on local broadcast.

kek

>mfw Doug, Rugrats, and Ren & Stimpy

Read that interview about the guy who created show and how the real life Patty was a girl he had a crush on his whole fucking life like the loser he is. Then years after the show ended she invited him to catch up somewhere and she tells him how she finally isn't flat anymore (flatty patty) because she got implants and her current boyfriend likes them. Doug really thought this woman was going to confess her undying love to his sorry ass like a decade after his loser fantasy stopped airing. Ho-lee shit.

Seriously this is some amazing stuff
google.com/amp/s/consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/doug-creator-jim-jinkins-reveals-whether-doug-and-patti-end-up-happily-ever-after/amp/

So basically a cuck beta fantasy arc

lmao

the only way he could save face from that is if he had a hot ass wife/gf or something

I get to the door, and you get buzzed up in New York, and so I walk up to the apartment and I hear the lock turn—it’s getting ready to happen—and she opens the door, and she’s perfect. Just perfect. She just looks spectacular and she’s so happy, and her arms fly up and we hug, and I’m just like [frightened guttural gasping noises]. She backs up and she goes ‘Look, Jimmy! Boobs! I got my boobs!’ [Laughs.] It sounds like I’m making this up, right? And I’m like, ‘Yeah… yeah, uh huh!’ ‘Yeah, they always used to call me Flatty Patti, but look!’ And she was just funny and fun and innocent, but it’s like Doug and Patti together again, ten years later, right?
So this is all wonderful, right? And then she wheels and goes, ‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’”

probably better off, implants are weak

rape

>“It’s my ten-year reunion, and I didn’t go. I was in New York working like crazy as a freelancer and just trying to make it there. And I got a phone call in New York and it’s Patti. The real Patti. And my heart’s beating fast. She’s like, ‘I was at the reunion! You weren’t!’ and I was like, ‘Yeah…sorry…I had to work.’ And she goes, ‘I found out you live in New York. Guess what—I do, too!’ And she told me where she lives. We lived across Central Park from each other. And she says, ‘Why don’t you come over for dinner?’

>So now we’re in a Doug show. I’m like, what do I wear? What will she look like!? All that’s happening as I’m walking across Central Park to her apartment, just wondering and just hoping, all those things. I was, at the time, very available.

>I get to the door, and you get buzzed up in New York, and so I walk up to the apartment and I hear the lock turn—it’s getting ready to happen—and she opens the door, and she’s perfect. Just perfect. She just looks spectacular and she’s so happy, and her arms fly up and we hug, and I’m just like [frightened guttural gasping noises]. She backs up and she goes ‘Look, Jimmy! Boobs! I got my boobs!’ [Laughs.] It sounds like I’m making this up, right? And I’m like, ‘Yeah… yeah, uh huh!’ ‘Yeah, they always used to call me Flatty Patti, but look!’ And she was just funny and fun and innocent, but it’s like Doug and Patti together again, ten years later, right?

>So this is all wonderful, right? And then she wheels and goes, ‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’”

Umm, hi..?

I'm Jim J-Jinkins. I made Doug. D-do you wanna date me?

Why did she call Doug Jimmy?

just a part of his cuck fantasies

youtube.com/watch?v=d3o_WBboezw

why did you post this, you attention seeking fuck face ?

>you will never create an entire cartoon based around how pathetically beta you are.

Man you can practically see the other half of the story that he was oblivious to. He was the beta near-asexual friend she could talk about her boobs with when they were kids, and he spent the whole time waiting for her to fall for him for being so patient. Does this guy have a neckbeard too?

I loved this when i was a kid. I dont remeber anything, i just liked the drawings.

for attention

The Beets needed to have their own actual almbum you could buy.

It was about Doug.

I kek'd

Remember when Doug cuffed himself to Patti?

Very expensive!

What the fuck was his problem?

yes. watching him get his delusional beta ass chewed out was nice.

>google image search jim jinkins
>see picture of these two shits and feel irrational surge of hatred
Were they really annoying in the show or something? Don't even remember them.

>a can of Zyklon B

Whoa, did Riami write that episode?

The creator of Doug also created... Alegra's Window...Her brother's name was Roscoe...

Wait was Patti black or was she just a colour that happened to be brown, like everyone else was a colour?

gravity falls did something similar. apparently the lumberjack chick is based off some girl he had a huge crush on

Is the blue guy some kind of racial stereotype?

As a kid I thought they ran out of colors for skin tones and just used whatever else

That was the talking cat, Riff. He was probably supposed to be back.

Moonlight

Black*

>He's married with two children
>he named one of them fucking DOUG
AHAHAHAHAHA

AHH EE OOOOO
KILLER TOFUUUU

EE I EE

OO WEE OOOOOOO
KILLER TOFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

BASED Grandpa!

Bangin' on a trash caaaan!
Drummin' on a streeeet light!
One little voice is calling me, calling me!
BIG!
THINK!
BIG!

How does a guy with a that resume not work in 17 years

Mmmmm... bananas dipped in pizza sauce!

Quit trying to make Doug a meme, Neil. It's never going to happen.

Holy shit!

Mmm Patti's used tampon!

What did he mean by this?

I thought it was a bloody tampon.

BANANA RICK!

q u a d s confirm tampon

This is kino

>BASED
Grandpa was indeed great. Too bad you had to go, and shit on the spirit of the character by using modern day """"DANK""" urban street slang to refer to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=spdPd3sJHog

B A S E D O S T

Doug's lost weekend is the best episode.
nigga is obviously playing Wing Commander.

Doug is a beta faggot. He was made for bullying and ridicule.

Judy was right all along.

>it doesn't really have to be about anything.

That was kinda the vibe of the show. What you perceive as monotone, and dull others viewed as mysterious, and whimsical.

Doug had a very specific, and off kinda tone. To those who didn't get it I guess it must have come off as dull. To those who got what the show was trying to do it kinda left them wanting more.
Of course Disney's Doug killed this when the show became a Disney product.

youtube.com/watch?v=gHxi-HSgNPc

cool thread

kek

evertim.

He meant to crop off the last two panels which make it funny.

What episodes stick out in your minds?

I remember the one where he had to sell chocolate bars that everyone hated, then when he tried to sell one to the guy who owned the ice cream factory, the guy realized his company made it. He and Doug went to the factory and saw that cement was somehow being poured into the chocolate mix.

Then there was the one where he bought a video game system with only one game lolps3 and spent his whole weekend playing it instead of working on a book report or something like that. He got saved by the weather or a Student-Teacher holiday or something like that.

Then there was the one where he was interviewing the mayor. The mayor had to leave briefly, and the ice cream guy called the mayor's office to ask what to do about a large vat of mint ice cream that had spilled and was heading towards a giant fan, along with chocolate chips. Doug's solution was to just "let the chips hit the fan." I think even when he was wrapping it up in his journal later, he repeated, "sometimes you just have to let the chips hit the fan."

Sad part is I actually bought the complete series on dvd for $25 over a year ago, and I still haven't gotten around to watching them any of the episodes which I love so much. This is why I miss classic Nick tv. If I were to turn on the tv, and the show was playing I would watch it from start to finish with commercials. If they were airing a mini marathon I'd probably spend the afternoon watching at least four back to back episodes, but for some reason even though I won every episode in high quality I just don't find myself with the energy of getting up, finding the disc, popping it in, surfing though the unskippable copyright warnings (plus ads) to watch the show. It was way more natural, and comfy when it just air on 90s Nick. Better times.

I downloaded every episode of the 90s X-Men series and binge watched them a couple years ago because it was one of my favorite childhood shows. So cheesy, but so entertaining.

youtube.com/watch?v=tC7abIwBMfc

That episode was hardcore! They made Skeeter get naked and Doug has a fantasy where he's fucking Patti on the beach and she moans.

Where the fuck did those malt balls come from?

BANGIN ON A TRASH CAN!

>the lumberjack chick is based off some girl he had a huge crush on

Lauren Faust, creator of that My Little Pony cartoon.

My older brother asked me this every time I watched it and I never had an answer.

Same with Hey Arnold, Pepper Ann, Recess.

I don't know why my generation got a bunch of these slice of cartoons about basically normal kids dealing with normal problems. The next generation got shit like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents and Invader Zim just crazy wacky magic shit. It's like the creators of the shows I watched only watched Charlie Brown and made only him.

I don't even know if there's a cartoon about normal ass kids doing basically boring shit and dealing with kid problems is on now, that doesn't involve magic or talking animals. And no Doug's dog didn't talk he doesn't count.

Fuck no wonder my generation is so listless, even our cartoon characters had no goals or if they did, failed at them.

H-hey Patti...

>He didn't watch Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy