If she hated the mayor, why didn't she just shoot him with a dart?

If she hated the mayor, why didn't she just shoot him with a dart?

it's not hard to break a man, but to truly destroy a man is to break his spirit.

Probably has a few guards that would notice, and/or he's often rather close to her, if he went wild while in her presence she'd be killed pretty quickly I would think.

That's too suspicious for one person to go feral out of the blue, especially someone that famous. It would've made people investigate more closely

Especially considering she had an obvious motive.

That would have just gotten rid of the mayor. She wanted to get rid of influence of -all- predators.

Ah, yes... I was wondering what would break first: your spirit, or your body?

Because that would be suspicious and warrant all kinds of investigation if she didn't first make it look like an epidemic.

Because she wanted to expose his abductions.

I want to marry Bellwether!

because they wouldn't have made her mayor, they would've just elected another predator and called it a day.

The police were already investigating all the missing preds. It was only a matter of time before they started finding clues, so Bellwether created clues to lead them where she wanted. The mayor was a scapegoat so the police wouldn't find the lab in the subway.

You know there's a thread for this Movie already? Go talk there

She didn't hate the mayor.

She was thinking and planning on a grander scale, she wanted power, pure and simple. She attempted to circumvent the necessary steps and processes required to be a leader by employing a plan that with the help of some corrupt cops, would not only have succeeded, but helped maintain that control by the resulting escalation of fear and chaos.

Fortunately for the citizens of Zootopia her plan was foiled by a bright & ambitious rookie officer who wanted to make a difference.

Imagine how she enjoyed watching Lionheart trying to contain the situation from her front row seat. If I were in her position I would get erection.

I used to think like you but not anymore.

I now believe that any racist policy came with a racist hate. There is no such thing as pure and simple power. And I am sure she hates Lionheart, both his species and his person.

Didn't she shake her fist to the sky, exclaiming "Confound that Mayor! HE DRIVES ME TO DRINK!"

Anyway, she was racist and wanted him deposed because she wanted the power, and because of her prejudice.

I wonder what happened to him after the movie? Did she take him out back and just shoot him?

The same thing that happens to all politicians when shit like this happens, he gets a promotion.

Whom are you talking about? Lionheart went to jail too.

She wouldn't risk exposing herself by using it on someone close

But imagine how much fun she would have had if she told him her master plan, then darted him and watched him turning into a savage and getting put away.

>I HATE NICK!
>I HATE LIONHEART!
>AND I HATE JUDY!

>Judy? At her farm?
>Well that must mean Zootopia is ALONE AND UNPROTECTED!

Forget about grammars. But don't you think a savage lion is too dangerous?

If the Mayor went feral,then the entire city would have collapsed.

EVERYONE walks over the smaller animals in Zootopia and nobody took them seriously.This is one point that they make more than once throughout the film.

So with the Mayor out of commission,why would the Mayors assistant automatically be the next in line as a permanent position?

Well,who else would know the city better once the Mayor is out of commission than the Mayor's right hand lamb?

But there's one problem,she's a cute little lamb that was walked over one too many times,and if she didn't take advantage of the cities fears right then and there,then without reacting quickly enough,she easily could've been pushed aside once again by a bigger another animal,not even necessarily one of prey,just a bigger one that the city would trust as their leader

I always get a feeling that what they both did were much more serious than Judy and Nick can possibly fix

Let's say, if Obama is exposed to have built a secret prison and locked up 14 black people who are later found out to be mind controlled by, I don't know, let's say by CIA

This country wouldn't go to Shakira's concert after that

If Mayor Lionheart went feral, then it would've just looked like some sort of freak accident. Bellwether would've just come off as an assistant filling in for the missing mayor, and she would probably not be elected next session. People would associate her with some guy who went crazy and ate a few babies.

If other random citizens went crazy, then the current office would be blameless but Lionheart would look bad. He wouldn't see a re-election due to predator fears, while Bellwether still could due to her current reputation. Given that Lionheart hid the problem away from the public, it just went even better than planned; Bellwether took over the position as mayor and managed to run things, with the plan of running for re-election as a more moral alternative to Lionheart's corruption.

Yeah, it was just too easily resolved. The deeper social wounds that the whole conspiracy opened won't be closed so fast.