Am I the only one who preferred FoxKids and Warner Brothers over Cartoonnetwork and Nickelodeon?

Am I the only one who preferred FoxKids and Warner Brothers over Cartoonnetwork and Nickelodeon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FOKLFWB5f04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i miss mon coli knights

Nobody under the age of 25 even remembers what Fox Kids was

does anyone remember the name of the big squirrel mascot?

It always felt to me like Sup Forums was only interested in CN and CN creators like Tartavosky and McCracken.

We never hear about the creators behind the 90s X-Men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man.

The Tick, Diabolik, Dog City, etc. etc.

Fox Kids and Kids WB were essentially only on Saturday mornings. For a long time WB had their afternoon block trying to rival Toonami but the only worthwhile thing it had was Pokemon at 4pm. The rest of the week you were free to watch Nick and Cartoon Network. Enough love to go around.

Bucky Beaver?

I'm 24 and I watched it every day.

it was someone in a mascot suit
i duno if it was a global thing but we had it in australia

actually now that i think about it it might've been a fox. but for some reason i think squirrel

i'm pretty sure they wore red suspenders?

do you guys remember a short lived cartoon on fox kids that was about a guy who did stunts and shit to save the day

>super power was math
>slow mode
>mother fucking trigonometry

I know plenty of people under that age that do. They watched FoxKids (both before and after it became FoxBox) & KidsWb so don't know where you got that random ass age from.

I didn't have cable as a kid, so Fox Kids everyday after school was my routine. It was the only channel my antenna picked up.
Today we're drowning in a sea of choices. But back then the concept of "preference" was unknown to me.

I don't think my niece or nephew have ever said the words "I'm board"
Which is amazing to me.

Yes and I loved it when he did that. Pretty much watched an episode waiting for it then again most kids watched TV waiting for that one transformation of final hit the character was known for.

Intro even got posted in this thread

>Mega Man
>Beast Wars
>DK
>X-Men
>Digimon in general

God it has such superior shows compared to Nick and CN back then.

thanks bro for the last 10 years, i have ever so vaguely wanted the answer to this question.

I had FoxKids from 98 till 2006 before it turned into Jetix. It was a fresh breath of air from CN which only had Looney Tunes, Hannah Barbera, Tom and Jerry and those new toons after 99.
Never had Boomerang and Nickledeon.

Does anyone in here remember Minimax though?

aww yeah.

It's been a long while since I saw it.

Nah, Kids WB was the top Saturday Morning Block. I really only watched Fox Kids for Medabots, Power Rangers, Digimon, Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot, The Magic School Bus, Archie's Weird Mysteries (I know that came on before the block but I'm counting it anyway) and Spider-Man.

The FoxBox had some good stuff too like TMNT, Ultraman, Fighting Foodons and Ultimate Muscle, Kirby and Shaman King.

But they always came behind Kids WB and ABC's One Saturday Morning. It's hard to compete with Disney and Warner Bros.

Old Boomerang block was the best. When it aired from like 5-8am on Saturday mornings. All the original HB cartoons and because most of them were only 5-15 minutes, they could air a ton of stuff. Now Boomerang is as bad as CN.

Yeah Archie was that 7:30 slot when you needed something but nothing was on. Then Jackie Chan Adventures kicked in at 8 and Beyblade. I had a nice routine of switching back and forth because once 10am hit, Fox shows sucked so I switched over for Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh

For awhile WB did have a solid run.

Men in Black the series
Batman the Animated series
Static Shock
Jackie Chan Adventures
Pokemon
Cardcaptors
Animaniacs
Yugioh
Xiaolin Showdown

Even the shitty stuff like Detention and Histeria at least had great theme songs.

Nigga, WB had their afternoon block WAY before Toonami.

All of them have had good stuff and bad stuff. I don't really care who aired what, just as ling as it was good.

That's odd; I'm 20 and I remember it being the shiznit

Whaaat? They shared channel space?

In my country WB, Foxkids, CN and Nick were each on different channels. All day from 7AM to 1 AM

I preferred Fox Kids and Cartoon Network. I have not watched Nickeloden since the two periods where they aired Rocko's Modern Life and Aah! Real Monsters.

Latino Fox kids i miss you so much. Sad i never got the chance to watch the English version.

Didn't they air Ranma on that?

Everything that was on Fox Kids that moved to Kids WB became shit almost overnight.

Animaniacs season 3

The New Batman/Superman Adventures

Tiny Toons season 5

whatever else was on there that moved over

Granted The New Batman/Superman Adventures got better but coming off of BTAS it was shit.

Yes they did even a bunch of obscured korean anime. youtu.be/FOKLFWB5f04

CN was and still is a shared channel, it's a layover from the early days of cable where two or more networks would occupy one channel number.

CN would run from like you said 7AM to about 9PM then it would switch over to Turner something which eventually became adult swim.

I don't think there are any other cable networks left that still share a channel unless Nick at Night counts.

No, CN aired Ranma

Nah I loved Archie's Weird Mysteries. I think it came on 6:30 for me. Sometimes if I woke up early I'd watch Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century instead of going back to sleep.

THREE TYPICAL AVERAGE KIDS INSIDE A HAUNTED MANSION

Ahh, those were they days. The days when you could turn on CN and get your full of Martial arts madness and fanservice all in one place.

>am I the only poorfag who didn't have cable
kek

Who even really cares? Personally, my favorite cartoons were on WB (although stuff like Animaniacs and Batman premiered on Fox, initially). Fox was great, but lost pretty much all appeal once Batman and Animaniacs left. Nickelodeon was pretty meh. My cable company didn't offer Cartoon Network, I was so pissed. I feel like I would have loved shows like Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo when I was a kid.

I remember I used to have a friend record Space Ghost and other random stuff every week so I could watch. Ah, the days before the internet.

>Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century
the theme has been permanently etched into my brain.

It just happened to work out that WB and Fox were right next to each other in the channel line up, 11 and 12 respectively so I would just flip between them on Saturdays. I'd get an hour of Batman/Superman then be able to switch to Digimon. CN was reserved for weekdays since Rising Sun would often show reruns of shows from the previous Toonami week

Although I recognize that the phenomenon of cheaply dubbed anime killed the fuck out of domestic animation, I too miss some of those shows that were brought over in the wake of the Pokemon craze. Stuff like Mon Colle Knights and Flint the Time Detective where you could tell the dub teams were just completely throwing out old dialogue and making their own jokes.

I remember one where the villain from Mon Colle Knights was writing a letter in old Japanese style, top to bottom, and he says "Why didn't I learn to write left to right like all the other kids?!" Still makes me laugh when I think of it.

Fox Kids was good, I'm 22 and I remember watching Digimon, Spiderman, B:TAS, etc

>Granted The New Batman/Superman Adventures got better but coming off of BTAS it was shit.
I never got the hatred for the Batman revival. Is it seriously just because of the animation design changes? It's hard not to argue that the original style was superior, but it was also more expensive, the change was pretty necessary. And really, the actual quality of the episodes themselves is much more consistent in the newer episodes. Some of the GOAT episodes in the series are from the new episodes.

Yes, you had what is essentially off-brand cartoons

For me WB was 20 and Fox was 38.

Channel 38 was fucking weird. It was almost never clear, and outside of Fox Kids/FoxBox it seemed like the channel was nothing but those shopping network jewelry infomercials.

Dog City was great, anyone here remember Super Dave?

I remember waking up early just to watch Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue

The Canadian channels didn't get Power Rangers until Disney took over.

I was going to make fun of you, then I remembered Eek the Cat and The Terrible Thunder Lizards... Fuck, I miss those shows.

The only ones that bugged me was the Joker, Riddler, and Bane but if you listen to what a struggle it was to keep on the air especially moving to WB you have to forgive the changes.

The Bats costume on that show is probably my favorite ever drawn and it had a GOAT Scarecrow

This fucker?

I remember watching it in Australia on Foxtel when I was 10 and it had to share a channel with Fox Classics with all the black and white shows/movies (I'm pretty sure before that Foxkids was its own channel 24/7) and it was my favorite channel.

My favorites at the time were Digimon, Shinzo, Shin Chan, Sailor Moon and Power Rangers Wild Force.

Then Fox Classics completely took over that channel and FoxKids was discontinued which I remember being very upset about. I actually watched the final moments of that channel. it was 2004.
the same year CheezTV ended

Any of you niggas remember this?

Ended with the question if she was still alive or not.

Anyone remember those PSAs they'd air on fox kids during commercials? Mostly about behavioral stuff like anger, jealousy etc. I remember one where a kid gets pissed cause some mold he grew didn't win the science fair.

Riddler was the only redesign I didn't like. I actually grew to appreciate Joker's new style. It made him much more animated and expressive. He was like a living cartoon within a cartoon.

But yeah, so many legendary episodes in TNAB. Never Fear, Joker's Millions, Growing Pains, Legends of the Dark Knight, Over the Edge, Old Wounds, Mad Love, not to mention all the Superman crossovers... How can anyone write this season off?

Mew Mew Style!
Mew Mew Grace!
Mew Mew Power,
In Your Face!!"

A second season was planned, but never happened due to conflicts between production studios.

I am 23 and have vague memories of Fox Kids, i was always more of a CN kid.

Very shortly after Fox Kids caught my attention it became Jetix. Having grown up with CN most of the shows that aired on Jetix seemed too foreign for me, i only remember watching Pucca, W.I.T.C.H., Dragon Booster and Power Rangers: Dino Thunder, i didn't even finish any of these series, because sometime during those years my father gave me my first computer, i was instantly overwhelmed by the internet, a world completely new to me, that i simply quit watching TV and never regained interest in it again.

My sister still watches some TV, some months ago she asked me to watch some stuff with her, we watched Adventure Time, Gumball and Regular Show. Adventure Time seemed alright and has some genuinely funny moments, the style and animation are pleasant too, but watching the other two was a torture.

CN is dead to me, and so is TV altogether, i don't think i will regularly watch TV ever again.

I had a crush on the purple one

But I love gumball...

What was your favorite anime that networks clearly only purchased to try and cash in on the popularity of Dragonball Z and Pokemon?

My favorite was always Tenchi Universe. How a fucking harem anime slipped through censors cracks and became successful in the states is beyond me.

Realest Talk

I miss foxbox.

That's what this show was?
I was confusing it with outlaw star.

Kids WB! sucked up more of my time than Fox Kids. Digimon and other anime were the only reasons I tuned in to the latter. When channel 5 got screwy, I went to channel 7 and One Saturday Morning. Recess, House of Mouse and The Weekenders filled that void perfectly. Once cable came in, Nick and Kids WB! were the two competing spots for the mornings and Disney Channel for all other parts of the day.

Kids WB! had some god-tier promos and bumpers.

>implying
Just turned 19, this was the shit whenever I went up North.

Fox Kids was best when they were spending money on animation in the early '90s. Once Power Rangers shit took over, it became garbage.

>Does anyone in here remember Minimax though?
I remember avoiding it.

I just turned 18 less than a month ago and I remember that shit.

I was always flipping channels between Fox Kids and Kids WB on Saturday mornings. Man, I only just realized that they were both dead a few years ago. Pretty heartbreaking.

Saturday morning cartoons is dead in general now. Toonami is pretty much the only similar thing still around.

That really does amaze me. The only reason I even realized they were dead was because I woke up early one Saturday and thought, "I wonder what kind of Saturday morning cartoons kids watch nowadays". Apparently, they don't.

On what channels did Enigmes les Providence used to air?

>I had a crush on the purple one
that's that nigga from Yu Yu Hakusho...