I see a lot of pearl clutching on Sup Forums about how Youtube videos aren't "art"

But why? Because they do it for the views / money? How is that any different from movies or television? Are you honestly telling me pic related has less artistic and ethical credibility than fucking Stephen "Drumph" Colbert?

All I see is an earnest, hardworking man dedicated to using a platform to entertain while informing viewers about various restaurant products. I 100% believe he is more artistically valid and less scummy than anyone on basic cable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xk74NlNyaIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cringe

Please fuck off you degenerate underage faggot. Noone cares about your friend simulators that literal children enjoy because they are so lonely that the only interaction they can actually find is in a 10 minute youtube video. Here you can pretend they give a fuck about you, but they don't, you just give them money.

This isn't Sup Forums - Television & Film
Go back to Sup Forums

What the fuck are you talking about? Steven Colbert isn't art either you fucking moron

i would say he has more. he is 10x more genuine than that beady eyed jew, the money is just a plus for him. he would do this with or without it, which makes his eloquent reviews of sloppy fast food items more of a piece of art than colbert and his team of writers could ever create.

youtube is at least as good as TV these days

but the legacy media shills on the internet to make people think TV is still above alternative media

lol and one of the biggest TV hits is literally called FRIENDS

like the 100 sitcom shows are any better

>the food network isn't Sup Forums
Wow got my almonds jigglin', faggot

You could play the same game of armchair psychologist with Stephen Colbert or Jimmy Fallon.

>cnn, fox, msnbc isn't Sup Forums
Wow got my almonds jigglin', faggot

Except talk shows in essence have always been something to watch, they are entertainers. It has a script, and an audience. Let's plays are not the same thing, it's just you watching someone talk for 30 minutes while you self insert into what they are doing so you won't feel lonely. The dissociation doesn't happen in talk shows. Fuck off loser.

Sitcoms, films and tv shows are better than youtube shlock because they are written by people.

>hehe I'll say schlock again like RLM I'll totally look like an expert

>hehe I won't actually respond to his argument just resort to ad hominem, hopefully I can change the subject so I don't appear to be functionally brain dead from watching youtube 24/7.

It's still in it's early days so people won't recognise its legitimacy yet

Just as they didn't with film claiming only stage was real art

Youtubes rise is inevitable

>ad hominem

hahahahahaha can you BE more r*ddit right now

reviewbrah, pls, your videos are shit.

>haha I'll just keep changing the subject so I never have to face the terrible truth that the only reason I watch youtube is to literally self insert and not feeling crushing loneliness.

Fucking loser kek.

there's all kinds of content on youtube

just the trending videos are usually more entertaining than what's on TV these days

>implying youtube as a whole is any different from any other form of moving picture media

why is this even an argument

Awesome, I'm not degrading all youtube, just the majority of it that is popular. Stuff like let's plays, unboxing, talk about x for 10 minutes, and other garbage. It's literally white noise.

Literally no one, and I mean NO ONE, is talking about Let's Plays.

same as most TV

talk shows, late night shows, news shows, pawn shows, trucker shows, hunting shows, reality shows

Once again Sup Forums tourist are allowed to shit up Sup Forums

Reviews fall into the same category goy.

Those are trash as well, when the best comparison to save face for youtube you can come up with is literally trash that idiots watch on the daily basis you fucked your own argument up.

Yes youtube is as bad as reality shows. Worse actually.

well your whole argument is "bad x is bad"

Not really, considering I already outlined the core of youtube and what is actually popular as being a friend simulator for lonely children and adults who refuse to grow up. And you still haven't responded to it.

>Reviews fall into the same category goy.
How is a review of food items from restaurants the same as a Let's Play lol? Does that mean half of the Food Network is a Let's Play?

no you just ignore all the content on youtube including interesting and educating things

not my job to educate you sweetie

>youtube isn't art
It really is art. Pure unscripted kino like The Delray Misfits couldn't exist any other way.

i genuinely think this is reviewbrah posting
seems like the same sentence structure he would use honestly

Except I already addressed this, I'm talking about what you called the reality show side of youtube. Which you even made the comparison for.

You're stupid as shit aren't you kek?

They are the same thing, 2 friends review something and talk to the camera for 10 minutes, these are also friend simulators.

god you're so dumb
just dear god...
reviewing a product and giving your opinion is NOT the same as playing a video game and making jokes.
im guessing ign is just another "friend simulator" since they sometimes have multiple person reviews huh? You lonely fuck

Things like red letter media, and the channel where they try 2 of the same items and one is expensive are friend simulators. Channels where they "review" a product and try it out are friend simulators. The dissociation still happens here, they are essentially the same thing, and again you are retarded.

Pretty much this. If you're over the age of 13 and watching some grown ass men with a YouTube """""""""""""""""""job""""""""""""""""""" then you should seriously fucking consider ending your life.

We really need a /youtube/ board, bros.

>implying television has any programming even close to as comfy as dead shopping malls

youtu.be/xk74NlNyaIg

You have Sup Forums, /r9k/, [s4s] and /bant/

Not youtube boards, as far as I'm concerned.

Go to reddit, that may be your speed. Stupid faggot.

I prefer to call it internet television

Why do you hate youtube so much? Did an e-celeb kill your dog?

You have Sup Forums, /r9k/, [s4s] and /bant/
These are boards for topics that don't have boards. This is something you should know unless you're admitting that you're actually new and then we have an even bigger problem

Because you and your jontron faggot kind are cancer and are dumbing down this site's discussion. Go fuck off and shill some filthy frank or something loser.

>red letter media is a friend simulator so im right
you're an idiot, yes red letter media A COMEDY channel, is not the same as a serious review channel and if you want to call it a "friend simulator" go ahead and be autistic
look at my past example, how in the fuck is IGN the most bare bones, bought out, straight forward review channel a friend simulator

internet television is still television so I think Sup Forums fits desu

>Youtube videos aren't "art"
Jewtube's monetization platform is set up to reward quantity over quality. Animators and the like get a small fraction of what gaming channels make, a laughably miniscule reward for the effort.
If YT gave a shit, there'd still be animations and even some kino there on PPV or something.

Those aren't friend simulators because the people who review things aren't on the screen. If it's the group up people that talk, that's more of a talk show format where they discuss something.

Red letter media is a friend simulator, for lonely faggots like yourself.
Fuck off underage degenerate.

So you're fine with Lauren Southern, That one guy that use to be on Vice and various other Sup Forums related "news" show threads here?

This is perfectly fine with me then as I believe we do need more actual Sup Forums users here than you Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums drones

the world would be a better place if you'd off yourself op

it's based on viewers, same as legacy TV

not like painting and crafts shows made money before either

god all you do is say the same thing over and over, yep red letter media is a friend simulator, already "agreed" on that.
IGN and almost every review channel out there DOES get in a group and talk about what ever it is they're talking about.
Also why are you so obsessed with the term friend simulator, you sound retarded

Because this a thread started by you that's about youtube you retarded fuck.

And the group thing I already discussed in my last post retard so read again.

>not like painting and crafts shows made money before either
Yes, but at least they had a platform that was sustainable. PBS is donation-driven and publicly-funded.
Instead of YT Red or whatever, they should've set up a PPW where channels that have real production put into it could go. No vidya, no vlogging. Just independent movies and animations.

Started by me? What in tarnation?
How the hell is three guys sitting down, saying "yeah yeah this game was cool" a friend simulator
all you do is get wet about red letter media
keep repeating like a broken record though
idiot

if people are interested in them yeah

internet docs can be pretty kino. vice went from internet to TV because people liked it

Because very little of Youtube is actually created content.

Youtube videos and e-celebs there and the most viewed stuff... it's personal opinions.
Not fiction.

Now you will move the goalpost, I now, because what it art and whatever. And I'll repeat what I write already.

Youtube's mostly entries are personal opinion vids.

Read my last post retard, I already discussed the group discussion by IGN.

Kill yourself.

btw there's still animation crap that's popular on youtube. I see those "the school of life" videos trending like every day. you just need it to explain some stupid life lesson to libtards or something

also, youtube is way more sustainable than PPV crap. No one would buy that. You can use patreon, youtube ads, donations, to make money online too. Plus, people that do crafts TV don't make a whole living from it anyway. They probably also make/draw things for money and do lessons as well.