youtube.com/watch?v=fpViZkhpPHk
youtube.com/watch?v=j3qnXFN6Or8
youtube.com/watch?v=EIwg10ZAGiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QHuiijlkdRw
youtube.com/watch?v=JHRiaKEYeis
youtube.com/watch?v=rIvk1GcMctg
youtube.com/watch?v=clnozSXyF4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The thing is that it's the real deal, eh ??? We live in the period that the more spending you project on the CGI, the better scene you get. Furthermore, the more high-definitioned tool come around in & out of industry. That leaves to the two ways that use it effectively if you ain't have enough budget or just go nuts if you have the money to throw around.

Practical effects are scarier than cgi desu

Is this the next film we're supposed to hate regardless of how it really is? Just making sure.

its just another crap horror flick with a million jump scares

the monster looks really fucking bad. a guy in a sheet?

doesnt appear to be a horror movie at all actually

There are things like advanced particle effects that are virtually impossible to reproduce with practical effects; it just can't be done.

youtube.com/watch?v=fpViZkhpPHk

youtube.com/watch?v=j3qnXFN6Or8

youtube.com/watch?v=EIwg10ZAGiQ

youtube.com/watch?v=QHuiijlkdRw

youtube.com/watch?v=JHRiaKEYeis

youtube.com/watch?v=rIvk1GcMctg

Yeah. "Particle effects" also aren't fucking REAL which is why you can't reproduce them. Real life isn't a video game with particle effects. That's why movies today all look like shit. They look like a fucking cartoon because that's exactly what they are.

>there are no such thing as fantasy or science fiction movies

Yeah, there is. And most of the good ones have plenty of practical effects and a GOOD STORY. Something that a facebook generation brat who can't remember a time before every movie was a remake can't even begin to understand.

Are you saying every movie should be strictly confined to absolute realism?

Suppose I want to make a movie about a man who can turn into different forms of matter, such as liquid, gas and plasma. I want to see him transform into a liquid humanoid on camera in front of the audience's eyes like pic related. How can I realize this with practical effects?

Hire Robert Patrick

It's not a zero sum game. CGI has its uses but I'm sick of seeing it in every movie. Especially as a cheaper alternative where practical effects could have sufficed.

It's unnecessary to shut down Times Square or another populated area and obstruct business when you can film in front of a green screen and extend the set.

youtube.com/watch?v=clnozSXyF4k

imply it

When's it out?

What I'm curious about with dense anons like OP is whether they stick around to see their thread grow or do they just shitpost and run basically? The movie is clearly not a horror movie, but an indie character drama, and even if it was a horror movie its in the limited budget range that could never afford studio-level CG-effects anyway. Did I fall for some kind of bait by even replying to this thread? The OP baits discussion approach has been every thread on this godforsaken board for years. Never any discussion. What a lifeless existence.

>reeeeee I hate CGI! It always looks so bad!
>meanwhile user doesn't actually see the good CGI, because that's how good CGI works

Won't deny that it's overused and depended on too much but the way everybody slams CGI is just unfair

David Lowery is a super nice guy irl

Why does no one criticize the CGI in a Pixar or Dreamworks film?

I think it because people want to learn how to make it because of the assumption of a doubling computational law.That they exceedingly think will allow them to create things outside of their paradigm of mediocrity.