Ask south americans anything (any south american can answer)

ask south americans anything (any south american can answer)

Other urls found in this thread:

telesurtv.net/english/news/Brazils-Homicides-Hit-Record-High-at-61000-in-2016-20171031-0018.html
youtube.com/watch?v=r2sjYfDbwyM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do you use shitty archaic voseo like a bunch of cum-gurgling faggots?

Which south American country is the safest to travel to? Not just in the cities but throughout the country.

Chile

Uruguay or Chile.

What happens in Bolivia?

neta chingada wey

Mid to southern argentina (The north is fine too, just veryy poor in comparison), southern chile and some parts of uruguay are very nice and very safe
At least in argentina most of the insecurity occurs on the big cities or more precisely the outskirts of them and the slums. You should be just fine everywhere else.

>mfw Uruguay is so irrelevant I don't even know their speech stereotypes

What would South Brazil be called if they managed to gain independence?
Just South Brazil?

I heard Ecuador is safe, but I can't confirm.

South American bolivarian communist country n° 28

When will you finally evolve from being monkeys to proper humans?

Between Uruguay and Chile which has better hunting and freshwater fishing? How common is English (or French) spoken?

When I resign my italian citizenship

You are the same guy talking about citizenship since 3 years ago.

yaa neta

Probably Uruguay for both.
Never.
I have no idea, it would be a better country overall than Brazil.

The fishing it's very good here, from some parts of the Atlantic coast you can fish little and medium size sharks. About hunting, legally the bigger thing someone can kill it's a jabalí.

It would be just another commie shithole.

It would still be better than Brazil. I'm not even a southern.

Uruguay it is
Thanks South Americans

Go to southern Chile and fish some of the biggest lake trouts in the world.
French really isn't spoken anywhere in the continent. English, less than in Southern Europe but you should be able to communicate with younger people.

Better? They are full of communists, they are violent too, they have bad infrastructure and overral.

Bring money, it's not cheap.

Have you seen beheaded people?

Why do you suck bolivar dick so much?

Chile, unlike most of LatAm, is safer outside the biggest cities than inside them. Countryside Chile is comfy as fuck, educated and friendly people, etc...

no
those are venezuelans, colombians and ecuador, other countries don't give a fuck about them really

ecuatorians*

On newspapers
That shit is common in the north states mostly

So you live in the south
Any news about that crazy russian fucker which stabbed mexican and went to prison?

In the center
He is in jail for now i think, his anus probably 2 times bigger by now

car accident victim

can I move to you are country

yes if I will move to your

this doesn't count (have you felt somehing?)

No
Brazil don't.
Yes, come.

sent shivers down my spine. still get fucked up remembering it

what do you think nomal man can cut off a head from other man?

Fucking chilango detected
I´ll burn my device before I get infected
Quesadilla con queso... too late :(

CHI

Do you feel more related to Mexico or to Brazil?
(excluding Brazil from this question obviously)

CHIlango which is worse
and no, not a chicano
A fucking macho norteño buying fayuca

Pues fierro meco, espero te viole un negro

telesurtv.net/english/news/Brazils-Homicides-Hit-Record-High-at-61000-in-2016-20171031-0018.html

What causes this?

Beheaded people, people hanging from driges, pieces of corpses inside coolers left in the streets, gunfights, pursuits of armed people.

One morning I woke up to the scream "granadaaaaaaaaaaa"
There was a clash among marines and cartel guys, they were using ak-47, M-116, Barret .50, grenade launchers, fucking stressful dude.

they are bored

>what causes x number of crimen
lack education to all your questions

this fuckin' question

only Venezuelans care about Bolivarianism. and commies from other countries like Commietina.

Neither. We are closer to fucking paraguay or than to any of those countries. Tropical countries had a different type of colonization, got extremely different economies, and had different climates.
1 kilo of corn flour is like $7, we just don't eat that stuff.

Which Latin American country is seen as the primary cultural and economic force?

Is there a certain country that has some kind of spokesperson status on the International stage?

Are there still some real ties to Spain?

Which Spanish dialect is considered to be the most neutral?

Do you consider yourself part of Western civilization? Would you side with the West or Europe in a stand-off between other bigger powers?

>Which Latin American country is seen as the primary cultural and economic force?
Economically is definitely Brasil, culturally is very divided, but Mexico probably has an edge due to population alone (Brasil loses here due to not speaking spanish)
>Are there still some real ties to Spain?
It's easy to get the citizenship, and lots of ecuadorians migrate there, but outside of that not much. (Unless your family has recent spanish roots)
>Which Spanish dialect is considered to be the most neutral?
Peruvian probably
Do you consider yourself part of Western civilization? Would you side with the West or Europe in a stand-off between other bigger powers?
Most do consider themselves as part of western civilization, but I'm gonna say that we would probably give little (if any) support in the case of a new world war (just like we did in WW2)

Tell me about Panama, is it a rich country or poor? You heard a lot about it being a tax haven, but do ordinary people profit from all these tacky skyscrapers in the capital? Is it any better as a country than its neighbors?

>Which Latin American country is seen as the primary cultural and economic force?
None
>Is there a certain country that has some kind of spokesperson status on the International stage?
No
>Are there still some real ties to Spain?
Yes, all of them
Peru
>Do you consider yourself part of Western civilization? Would you side with the West or Europe in a stand-off between other bigger powers?
Yes but being a part of it means nothing to us so we don't really care about no one else

Which South American shithole is the worst?

Right now, Venezuela

They have the best minimum wage in latam i think

Who?

We are more isolated from each other than it would seem, your average Mexican for instance can't tell Central Americans apart (and we border this region) and can easily mistake Chileans and Argentines for each other (yes, even with their accents being considered notoriously different in South America) Cuba is probably the country that is the easiest for us to tell apart amongst Spanish speakers and we do in fact have closer relations to Spain and the US than South America, some countries we know next to nothing about (Ecuador, Paraguay, Bolivia) a good example is the swine flu pandemic, some South American countries actually closed their borders to us while China was sending aid, unironically Canada and the EU acted more like allies. We only do humanitarian and disaster relief in central America and the Caribean, our sphere of influence if you will.

I would compare Brazil's role to Germany's in Europe as the primary, dominant force with Argentina acting somewhat like France as both their best ally and rival. Mexico is more like the British, we are a part of the region and an important country but we kinda stand apart and have a weird "special" relation to the US.

>Is there a certain country that has some kind of spokesperson status on the International stage?
Not really, we don't really often achieve consensus so there's usually two sides on most issues, it used to be more pronounced a few years ago when Argentina and Brazil were leaning strongly left. Having said that, it's usually Argentina, Brazil and Mexico in international forums with Colombia growing in influence in the last few years. A consensus in between Argentina, Colombia and Mexico would pretty much set up the position for Spanish speaking countries, tho usually this would mean having countries like Chile and Peru on board.
>>Which Spanish dialect is considered to be the most neutral?
No such thing CONT

We're the ones that negociate stuff internationally for Mercosur. EU deals, Pacific alliance deals and stuff like that, the entry to mercosur is Uruguay because we're neutral.

Of course we make huge advances but then Argentinians make their own people "disappear", start blocking bridges or crying about islands and Brazilians start making coup d'etats, sell rotten meat and shit like that so everything goes to waste

Atleast like Uruguay, at best Southern European level. Both better option than Brazil's level.

what happens in Bolivia stays in Bolivia
btw about that independist movement, Santa Cruz finally got monies from the government and they investing it all in infraestructure, the city grew a lot and the artificial sea waterpark is soon to be open

at the med school's anatomical theatre

>Do you consider yourself part of Western civilization?
i have a spaniard name, practice a judeo-greco-roman religion in the best way i can, and wear jeans pants and t-shirt (which has Scorpions logo because it's a souvenir of a concert sister went but i couldn't). i speak three european languages, two on a daily basis and am writing in one now, though i admit the majority of my country speaks mostly two euro languages and one native, often mixing them together
what is this western civilization that you speak about if it's not that?

CONT Spanish speaking networks in the US have been moving from a distinctly Caribean accent to adopt Mexican as a standard and our media is prevalent in Central American and the Caribean so our standard or broadcast accent is prevalent in the north tho I believe rarely used in South America where it would sound odd, they themselves would more likey be divided into regions, Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador probably ahve a similar "neutral accent" Andean countries like Bolivia and Peru probably have a different one and Southern Cone would have their own idea of what "neutral" sounds like. No idea on Paraguay tbqh, by seeing South American posters answer Peru that might be it for South America but in Mexico their accent would sound weird.

I take you never seen the endless shitpost of "western civilization is just the USA!"
Lucky you

Stop naming my country ugly shorts shitskins

i'll reply that for you mexianon:
the most neutral spanish is the EDUCATED CLASSES ONE
we're all taught the same spanish at school, which is regulated by a single entity with base on Spain and with help from all the hispanic countries abroad. it's the same spanish when spoken "right"
on the street levels is where the quirks and lingo flourish, and it's influenced by whatever tribe and immigrants live/d in
so the higher a person's class is, the more neutral its spanish sounds, and the lower the class the less spanish it sounds, if you know what i mean

my personal policy is: if it has a "Clash of the Civilizations" map, i Hide it just so i don't get baited

So do people in Africa lol

I'd respectfully disagree, up until the 1990's the academy was pushing Spain as the standard and that never took off in Latin America, or at least in Mexico, if you were correct we would have an equivalent to British received pronunciation which we don't. In Mexico, the educated classes sound like this
youtube.com/watch?v=r2sjYfDbwyM
Just skip through it, so you can hear the different people speak. If this is what educated South Americans sound like, then I stand corrected.

I suppose!

>thread about South America
>Mexicans have to stink it up as always
Why are Mexicans such rabid attention whores, Sup Forums?

I'm answering on questions specific to Latin America, not South America, it bothers me people use the two terms interchangeably, aside from us there's Central America and the Caribean, but I try not to be a bitch about it like you. But hey, thanks for your constructive contribution.

is that a question for southamericans?
becase i've got no idea why

>up until the 1990's the academy was pushing Spain as the standard and that never took off in Latin America
.... well some media still use "balonmano" instead of the anglicism "handbol". it's not that they tried to push it, it's just that the middle and lower classes never caught it
>In Mexico, the educated classes sound like this
hmmm the bald guy continues to have a heavy accent. impressive
>If this is what educated South Americans sound like, then I stand corrected
no, some (i should say 'most' but i don't want to concede defeat) still have a heavy local accent, a something that makes you say "ah, he's from X"

Do you know about the Welsh Argentinians?

Then go away please. nobody wants mexicans here.

Thanx

>it bothers me people use the two terms interchangeably
Then, don’t humor them, idiota.

fair enough

Ignore Bolivia

I have only been to Santiago. How does it compare with Buenos Aires, Bogota & the other big Latin American cities? I loved Santiago btw, Chileans are wonderful people too.

Also, have you travelled much within your own continent?

Why is your spanish totally unintelligible?

Santiago is way smaller than Buenos Aires, that changes all... The best option will depend on what you're looking for, from a turistical point of view Buenos Aires is more important, but Santiago is more relaxed and the eviroment is pretty comfy.

*The natural enviroment

>How does it compare with Buenos Aires, Bogota & the other big Latin American cities?
it's much more DEVELOPED *inception horns*

>have you travelled much within your own continent?
me only close from home. been to South Brazil, North Argentina, Santiago de Chile too. wish i went to Uruguay and Iquique but didn't take the chance

Santiago isn't precisely nice because of its enviroment though. they have cute architecture but now that you mention it, it's a smaller city

I traveled from Buenos Aires to Santiago in my motorcycle, pretty comfy travel :3 I also visited north and south Chile, south Brazil and Uruguay.
Going to Peru and Colombia on february. to check how life in Mordor is.

>Santiago more developed than Buenos Aires

it is

Regional HDI is not comparable between countries my friend.

>2008

Reminder that this imbecile is probably the retarded reaggeaton autistic spammer.

>pic clearly says "By International HDI"

Here

GDP Per Capita:

BA:35,9 K
Santiago: 29,9 K

cry more chilindio
I only listen to english lyrics tho

hilo sudacaca

es k io no lo entiendo jose antonio

How much of that gdp in BS is given by taxes?
Most of capital cities in LatAm vampirize the rest of the country.

blame paraguayans as much as you want but unlike in BsAs, in Santiago all the slums fulfill the anti-seismic construction standards or else. THAT'S development

also are you gonna answer ?
all i know is that Borges' grandpa was british and you guys are big on rugby

I fucking knew it.
Antofagasta will always be a complete shithole you autistic poorfag.

el shilindio color caca me tiene "fishao"
aparte soy ABC1 y tu un patetico clase media

>How much of that gdp in BS is given by taxes?
BA in particullar is not benefited at all by the taxes distribution (called Regimen de cooparticipacion).
Most benefited provinces are usually the poorest, they also have a higher % of public employeed overall.