Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/d0wzbzNW
youtube.com/watch?v=TxcDTUMLQJI
youtube.com/watch?v=YmWTLamM8QM
youtube.com/watch?v=20wJoBGL5YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6Zim8zL3Q5k
youtube.com/watch?v=o0W91FrTlYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would you like it if by some miracle they got Eccleston back for a Nextlix series maybe of two series. It would be an alternate universe ninth Doctor which would explain his older age, he never met Rose, is dark as fuck and suffering from prolonged PTSD.

????

Empty Child and Doctor Dances are still the best episodes of the reboot

Yes, it was bait. I was hoping someone would pile on with 12's guitar before anyone remembered that scene, but it didn't happen.

Curses, foiled again!

Everyone would want this. It will never happen though waah.

Hell yeah.

I have been thoroughly japed.

Can you imagine if Nine played the guitar in an episode? Wew.

Can we have a flashback where he blows up Henrik's and we see a blonde corpse in Rose's outfit amidst the rubble?

Alternate Universe where there's an old bearded 9th doctor who is also the war Doctor. BASED.

That would be GOAT.

Dubs confirm Eccleston will one day come back to the role.

Dubs confirm Eccleston will NEVER EVER come back to the role

Me Gusta, somebody alert Netflix. I want this to happen.

You wouldn't want Eight to be the war Doctor who destroyed Gallifrey instead?

I can kind of imagine it.

>(Mickey, Rose, and 9 sitting around worrying about something. Mickey picks up a guitar and starts noodling on it, clearly thinking he's been impressive.)
>9: Shut up already!
>MICKEY: Oi, mate, I'm just playing some music.
>9: No you aren't. (Grabs guitar, plays something really challenging.) That's music. (Tosses guitar.)

8's destroyed Gallifrey enough times already. Let someone else have some fun.

What a dick.

Reminder

We've had the current tardis set for 4 years now
and it still feels new to me desu

It's weird but 11's run felt longer than Capaldi's.

It's probably going to be replaced when Chibs comes in, but wish it didn't to. It's up there with the first console room and the TV movie one as the most GOAT.

Haha that's great, I even read it in their voices
fantastic

Actually, if the opener is a bunch of flashbacks to the stuff he's done over the past 10 years, you could fill it things that would still work for casuals but fans would realise he's killed all his companions. Just have him walking away from explosions at Henriks, the Gamestation, Royal Hope Hospital, Adipose Industries, Leadworth Hospital… and then we see an astronaut rises out of the water and he shoots first, then shoots her again to stop her regenerating… and so on.

>the lack of classic who posting
LADS

>He thinks colour Who is "classic", Doctor.

But if he never met rose, then he probably wouldn't regenerate into 10 or 11, so would not have met amy and rory, and so river wouldn't have been born.

>thinking 1970+ is all nu-who

How do you feel about BritBox?

Well, it kind of depends on how much history is in flux and how much it's fixed. Turn Left seems to show that a lot of big events happen the same way even when the flow of history is going differently, and there's a lot of past stories that imply the same thing, down to the Daleks still invading Earth in the 22nd century even after the Doctor set them back 1000 years. It's not very "realistic" unless you believe that time is some kind of conscious agent (which, of course, she is at last in the NAs…), but it's the way Doctor Who storytelling often works.

And, more to the point, it does work. If you try to make a big plot point out of it being River and having the Doctor work out where she came from, then you need a sensible backstory. But if you just show him shooting her in a 2-second scene in the opening credits, you don't. Everyone who watched S6 will get it emotionally, and that's all it's there for. The people writing TARDIS Data Core can insist that we don't actually know it's River, and technically it's just as possible some random astronaut attacked the Doctor for some unknown reason, and they'd be right from their point of view, but who cares about their point of view?

What is it?

Basically, it's an American streaming service for English TV, with its main attraction being Classic Who. It's only about $7 monthly, and rather well worth it, except for the fact that all reconstructions seems to be missing, as well as many Dalek stories.

I suppose it depends on what other shows they have whether or not it's worth it, although seven bucks for access to Classic Who isn't bad depending on the quality of the streaming

Eh, the quality on the episodes is decent, nothing too grand, and you also have to go back and choose what episode you want to see. It does have Blackadder, Red Dwarf, I think Fawlty Towers, and they recently added Coronation Street.

Eh doesn't really sound worth it

Does this mean you can't get any of those shows on Acorn anymore? Last time I was in the US, I paid I think $4 for a month of Acorn to watch some of those same shows, and some current stuff as well (although not Doctor Who).

Does the new episode air tonight in the UK? Or is aligned with U.S release?

Not sure if it's on Acorn or not, but you could always check I suppose.
To each their own, I just like having Who on the go.

It usually airs for the UK first, I think

Not that it matters, the link and stream will be up immediately for US viewers as soon after it airs, just keep an eye on the thread, someone will post it

>Or is aligned with U.S release?
It's a british show, they don't give a fuck about when it airs in the US

You actually can't even get to the Acorn login in the UK, which is pretty funny but makes sense once you think about it. I'll bet the same is true for Britbox.

Anyway, next time I go traveling I'll probably just load up my hard drive in advance or buy a VPN that I can use for pirate streaming.

Nevermind I'm an idiot and didn't realize it's 5 AM there right now

I heard complaints about BritBox being "US-only", which seems to be another case of the BBC and Doctor Who fucking over its English fans. Also, if you do, I've a few DVDs ripped and up on my MEGA in case you'd like the link.

retard

I'm not too bothered about something that's advertised as a way for Americans to watch British shows only working in America. Much better than "worldwide" services like Netflix, Spotify, etc. that don't work very usefully (or at all predictably) if you actually do travel.

>Also, if you do, I've a few DVDs ripped and up on my MEGA in case you'd like the link.
Sure, thanks! I've got all of classic Who in one form or another on my NAS, but "one form or another" often doesn't include the DVD bonuses, which are often pretty cool.

pastebin.com/d0wzbzNW

What are you listening to, /who/?
youtube.com/watch?v=TxcDTUMLQJI

youtube.com/watch?v=YmWTLamM8QM

For the few people that care: my upload of Whovians will be late this week because I'll be watching Eurovision instead.

Nice to see a fellow U2 fan

EHH GUYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S HAPPENNINNNG!!!

Isn't that 11's TARDIS?

>orange lights
>the circle things from S9

Have we ever seen that area in Capaldi's era? Maybe that's why I associate it with Matt.

mummy and I think the caretaker at least

you and your mummy think the caretaker at least whats?

The lighting looks too good/accurate for this to be a shop, especially on the hair
so the question is, what could be a reason for this photo's existence that ISN'T david bradley returning?
The tardis didn't look like this when Adventure was made, and he's never publicly reprised that role since

I like the way this looks more like Barry Letts-era bad CSO than a typical modern bad Photoshop.

Why did Martha look at the camera in journeys end?

because she was told to by the director

Maybe you can say where is it from? Maybe?

She's not actually looking at the camera, she's looking at the same guy 4 was always talking to but none of the later Doctors (until 12) could ever see.

It looks pretty real to me too but you can see jaggies around his elbow.

You guys like the ninth doctor? Everywhere else I go, people don't care about him.

That's actually the story arc this series.

There's a guy who's been following the Doctor around ever since he left Gallifrey, but he's got a Somebody Else's Problem field, so almost nobody could see him. 4 could see him because he thought somebody else's problem was usually far more interesting than his own immediate problem. 12 can see him because he's insane and thinks the guy is a TV camera.

Look at the lighting over his left collar and shoulder. That's been trimmed just like the dark around his left elbow.

Because most new fans weren't born or were like 2 when he was on air. That's the sad truth. We're all in our early 20's to late 30's here. Well most us at least. So we had the based pleasure of experiencing the eccleGoat.

Next to Troughton and maybe Capaldi, he's the best Doctor.

So it's not too surprising that people who don't like Capaldi and have never even seen Troughton don't care about him.

Dubs confirm based Eccleston will one day return as 9.

Oh that's a good point
I didn't look at the pixels close enough

So it's fake but do you think we can trick GB or dwsr with it?

That man is NEVER coming back.

youtube.com/watch?v=20wJoBGL5YQ

If we shrink the image a bit so the jaggies aren't noticeable and pass it off as a thumbnail would it work?

How does that show that he's never coming back.

He says in that interview that he left because he clashed with three individuals at the very top of the pyramid. Whether that means RTD, Collinson, and Gardner or whether he's talking even higher, like Gardner, Alan Yentob, and Mark Thompson, or a bit lower, or whatever, all of those people are long gone.

yes, that looks solid

>tfw 16995 days until the 100th special

Fun Fact: 16995 days ago a disco in Grenoble France burnt down, all exits were padlocked & 146 people died.

What's our angle?
>I work for the press, they've sent out preview promo pictures so we can start working on articles but they won't give out proper resolution photos as insurance that we don't post it early

>christmas was half a year ago
>capaldi regenerates in that amount of time from now

Isn't the best angle always implying that you have an inside source that you can't name any details about whatsoever? You get too specific and people can poke holes in it

Good point, but isn't "inside source" on its own a bit of a meme now? Do people still fall for it?

I've no idea m80

Yes, and no.

What about something like this:

>I found this on Twitter. I asked the guy who tweeted it for a source, and he deleted it and didn't answer.

Also, it should go without saying, but: don't be Matt Whelan. If someone questions where you found it or why you posted it, just give a link to a deleted tweet, and say you were hoping someone else knows more than you and can tell whether it's been faked, rather than comparing them to Star Wars novel characters or calling them a waste of sperm.

But that means we have to think of a twitter user to pin it on

youtube.com/watch?v=6Zim8zL3Q5k
5:25

>only makes a couple passing glances at who he's talking to or the camera
>keeps looking around the floor, shifting his gaze
>scratching his head
>general hesitance in his voice

He was on the verge of tears here, he so regretted leaving

Or create one. It doesn't have to be someone well-known or anything, just someone who could plausibly have gotten a photo, posted it, realised he wasn't supposed to, and deleted it.

(Maybe there are better places to do that than Twitter, I don't know what those damn kids use nowadays for their social cyber.)

The problem with trying to pin it on a twitter user is, even if people believe you, people will start questioning their authority. If it's someone who plausibly could have inside info they can be asked about it and respond "it's a lie I didn't do anything" which could kill it. If it's a random new twitter account that was just made people would question how you ever saw it. Perhaps it could work if you say "Did anyone see that tweet that just got posted to #dwsr? I saved the picture from it but they've deleted the tweet now"

Actually come to think of it that second option could possibly work
I'll make the account

youtube.com/watch?v=o0W91FrTlYk

>Perhaps it could work if you say "Did anyone see that tweet that just got posted to #dwsr? I saved the picture from it but they've deleted the tweet now"
Well, yeah, that's exactly what I was suggesting. Nobody would spot a tweet from Joe New Guy At A Magazine Or Whatever unless it had a hashtag they were likely to be following. Even I know Twitter well enough to know that.

Do you have a GB account?
I can make the tweet but I can't post it there

Eddie_At_Skaro legitimately posted it yesterday. Think he removed it when he found the creator

user, I don't think the tweet is real. We're making that part up.

We need a deleted tweet to pin it to otherwise they'll think you're lying

I don't. I'm the guy who got banned back in the first month of GB. But there seem to be either three or four anons involved in this discussion, so hopefully…

If we had a really good fake, we could double-bluff them:

>I'm pretty sure this is a fake, because a friend forwarded it to me from Sup Forums, and I know those idiots are all about trolling. But I've looked at it pretty closely, and I can't find any giveaways. Help me prove this is fake so my friend will shut up about it.

Pointing to Sup Forums will lead them to this thread where we're directly talking about pranking them. It's the worst thing you could do tbqh

We don't have a good enough fake to do that anyway.

But if anyone ever does, they could easily manage the Sup Forums posting as well as they manage the GB posting, and only let us in on the secret after GB explodes. A sort of one-man commando raid instead of a Last Great War.

I'm pretty sure a deleted tweet on an unconvincing profile will look more fake than just saying that you can't find the profile anymore.

twitter.com/leaking_river
does this look convincing?

>@leaking_river hasn't Tweeted
>Joined May 2017
no

But that was the point of - a brand new twitter account with no history, so the genuine leak can't be tracked down to anyone. A throwaway account.