So what's the consensus on this? I'm pretty satisfied, and pleasantly surprised...

So what's the consensus on this? I'm pretty satisfied, and pleasantly surprised. I could nitpick about small things (Gypsy showing up to pick up a cooler during movies? Patton Oswalt? Dumb cameos) but overall this could've been a disaster yet it's funny and in the spirit of the original.

It was good.

Not as great as the best Mike episodes, but good.

it was pretty good. Carnival Magic was the high point for me

I'm not sure. I saw the first half of the first episode and it was okay, I guess, but I decided to rewatch deadwood instead of continuing.

The first episode was the worst. Second episode (the bigfoot movie), Starcrash and Avalanche are on par with episodes from the original run.

I saw the first two, first episode was a dud, second started really strong but ran out of steam after the 30th scene of the boy spotting a bear. So pretty typical of MST quality

I don't see myself watching anymore when I have so many classic episodes to watch or rewatch instead. I've been into the show for years now and have seen 40 episodes at the very most, I'll never run out enough to need to see the new ones

Okay, that's good news. I didn't even dislike the first episode, just felt like watching deadwood more.

I don't see why everyone shits on the first episode so hard. I found it funny, but there were definitely some better ones later on in the season. I just don't think it's as bad as everyone says.

I didn't bother watching it but by the names I'm 100% sure that involves tons of jokes about Trump and his supporters, typical SJW leftist propaganda that only nu-males and various cuckerinos could enjoy.

Scripted quips shouting over every single thing that happens are not funny

It makes for a doubly bad first impression on top of all the new changes

>I didn't watch it but here's a laundry list of imagined grievances I have with it
This is the type of mental midgetry I expect from people who post "cuckerino"

Guy who only watched the first half of the first episode here. It did seem rapid-fire all the time.

Some of the riffs felt really forced

also
>Felicia Day
Trash.exe

I was prpared to cringe through it, and found myself pleasantly surprised - it still manages to feel genuine and made with love, even on Netflix. That was a huge part of what made the original series work - writing jokes for all ages, the kids' letters, all that shit.

Was The Christmas That Almost Wasn't the most underrated episode of the season?

I really wanna watch the original series but I'm not an anglophone and can't keep up with everyone talking at the same time. Is there anywhere I can get subtitles?

Netflix has them for the dozen classic episodes it hosts. The dvds presumably would as well

The riffs are far better paced after the first few episodes.

First episode also felt like a pilot for a show we expected better from.

Only underrated by widdle babies.

shhh don't tell anyone I'm just a widdle baybee

Actually no, no mention of Trump that I could see in the whole season. In fact there were a few ribs at the whole PC culture. They definitely date themselves (references to Coachella and Bonnaroo throughout, oddly enough) but it does well to maintain the whole detached, all-knowing pop culture tone without an agenda.

Basically, you're wrong and I hope you check it out, it's worth giving another season.