I know Brazil received a lot of immigration and most of them are descendents of immigrants...

I know Brazil received a lot of immigration and most of them are descendents of immigrants, but what happened to the original Portuguese? Are there Brazilians who descend from the original Portuguese settlers?

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&tl=en&u=https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migração_nordestina
nexojornal.com.br/especial/2017/07/07/Censo-de-1872-o-retrato-do-Brasil-da-escravidão
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The vast majority(80%+) of brazilians are at least of partial portuguese descent, the immigrant descendents are a minority.
Brazil had an infimal white population before the mass immigrations of the 19th century so most of the original Portuguese settlers were assimilated into the brown population.
The pure Portuguese here are mostly the ones that came together with the other Europeans in the 19-20th century.

I thought Brazilians of immigrant descent were the majority? You guys have a lot of Italians,Lebanese,jap,etc.

Most brazilians can trace back their lineage to the portuguese

No, immigrants only form a majority/near majority in the Southern states and São Paulo(maybe the rest of the Southeast too but I don't know).
In the rest of the country pretty much everyone is of Portuguese descent. Even in the southern states, some immigrants mixed with them as well.

Portuguese colonization of Brazil was a bit strange as compared to the Spanish and definitely English. They first started it following something close to the East Indian model of factories/fortified settlement enclaves with priests and merchants dealing with the locals and largely using a native-derived lingua franca, Lingua geral. They intermixed with the natives and only started expanding into the interior when plantation farms took off and the natives started dying of diseases. Then they imported black Africans to work there, similar to the South and Caribbean colonies. There has always been a steady stream of Portuguese, but they also tend to have a very different conception of race relations, even from the Spanish colonies and seem to consistently hold to a notion of fucking the black or native out of people

so

Also Brazil is the country with most Japanese outside Japan

mainly because of the jesuits which literally ruled portugal back then. And I honestly think they did one hell of a job here

>but what happened to the original Portuguese?

The original portuguese are in Portugal. brazilians are of mixed bag, the vast majority of them.

That's interesting

>but what happened to the original Portuguese?
they are pardos aka blacks in american terms

Do you mean pure portuguese lineage? Probably very very few, if any. As for late immigration, you will find most of the portuguese immigrants( 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen) in Rio de Janeiro.

it is the biggest shithole created by moortugal

>Brazil had an infimal white population before the mass immigrations
This is a lie, tho.

>Also Brazil is the country with most Japanese outside Japan
nice

>they did one hell of a job here
How?

there is no point in tracing anything because everyone is mixed and hardly anyone preserves their past

even the people who claim to be "white", they all have at least a bit of indigenous or black

So immigrants only went to the south? I know the North is mostly mixed, does that mean the people that descend from original settlers are mulatto/pardo?

>So immigrants only went to the south?
>only
the original settlers went MOSTLY south, but they were to be found everywhere

>I know the North is mostly mixed, does that mean the people that descend from original settlers are mulatto/pardo?
this is a meme, it is not like you can pinpoint groups by territory anymore, everyone is mixed nowadays, and the northern people have been migrating to the south since forever

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&tl=en&u=https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migração_nordestina

Bullshit. In the 1800s Brazil was 2% white 5% native and 93% african.

lol the average macaco is less than 5% Portuguese, most macacozilians are 90% African, 5% Indian and 5% Portuguese

These are immigrants of recent times. What happened to the Portuguese that didn't racemixed? Specially the ones went there in end of 19th century and 20th century? The 40 million are fully European ancestry? We have literally 1 gorillion in France that probably don't racemix

>Between 1886 and 1966, Portugal lost to emigration more than any West European country except Ireland.

> From the middle of the 19th century to the late 1950s, nearly two million Portuguese left Europe to live mainly in Brazil and with significant numbers to the United States.

> About 40 million Brazilians have relatively recent Portuguese background, due to massive immigration in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. About 1.2 million Brazilian citizens are native Portuguese.
Plus 5 millions at maximum there can get Portuguese nationality with the new decree signed at 10 June of this year.

Rio de Janeiro is not in the South of Brazil.

Really?

No

no. Africans were not a majority here. There were a lot of them, but these numbers are trash.

nexojornal.com.br/especial/2017/07/07/Censo-de-1872-o-retrato-do-Brasil-da-escravidão

Bump.
Was there ethnic cleasing?

by 1872 brazil had already been receiving immigrants for at least a decade

Why did most immigrants go to the South of the country'

Brazilian people are my bro

Im pretty sure most hues are in fact mix Português, they are good folk even the favelados i meet, in Portugal they stoo being super poor so they actualy behave much better.
Second gen niggers are the worst.

Because it had a nicer climate and undeveloped land

The avarege brazilian pardo will be 65% moortuguese, 30% nigger and 5% amerindian.

The current mayor of São Paulo is from a colonial Portuguese family, and he doesn't look mixed to me.

>is from a colonial Portuguese family
Nigga said multiple times his family was originally from the Northeast and that he has black great-grandparents.

Sudeste = SUL + leste

Sudeste = Sul DO Oeste. Aprenda português, macaco burro.

>SuldESTE = Sul do OESTE
fucking se mata

É literalmente isso seu macaco, volta pra escola.

puta que pariu, espero que seja um bait
sudeste = sul + leste
sudoeste = sul + oeste
@do do caralho se mata