Alien: Covenant

I literally can't wait to see this film. It looks fucking brutal, and the trailers look amazing.

Don't give me shit if you said it already because I loved Prometheus despite the flaws, especially the Gift Bearer version.

youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc
dictionary.com/browse/literally
youtube.com/watch?v=YiDLqLxS9rQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah I'm excited for it.

I liked Prometheus despite the fact that it killed the mystique of the first film. I remember being five or so watching the first one and seeing the alien in the throne/seat in the ancient ship and just bugging out.

I feel like the Black Goo made the aliens far more hostile to the point of them being impossible to defeat unless you nuke the whole planet. They are litereally world-killers now. And the Engineers expand the depth...

Spic here just watched it, ask me anything

>I literally can't wait
yes you LITERALLY can, you retarded fat retarded americlap

whole plot?

Was it good compared to prometheus? No spoilers.

You're a very angry person. You must be Muslim.

Is it worth watching even if you do not particularly care for the alien cinematic universeā„¢?

Compared to Prometheus is an improvement but has kind of the same shit that annoyed me

I think it is a good theater experience but I wouldn't watch it home or again

But are you an alien fan?

No, my brother is and he thought it was just okay.

I know what you mean, but the rest of the movie was so good that I didn't care. He fucked up by not including the extended scenes, that's why I like Gift Bearer.

youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc

Characters weren't likeable

All the characters in the movie are fucking morons

That's going to be tough. Looks like a split on the IMDB reviews. I like the characters from all the trailers I saw, so maybe we have another prometheus split.

Is it true that there is depth to the story though? They say it answers a lot of questions.

W H E A T

Why does Scott have to make them into space truckers? Just mix Europa Report + Alien and you have a classic.

Do you guys think any hot 21 year old girls would like this film? (my sisters friends)

Covenant's mission is to colonize a planet but an accident makes them wake up 7 years early and kills James Franco (thank god), they discover a new planet that has better conditions than the one they were supposed to go. They meet David after a bunch of aliens attacked them, he was a good friend until it's discovered he raised the aliens so he fights the other Fassbender but they don't show who won, they try to escape the planet but a few aliens get in the ship. Only the chick, a guy and a Fassy survived, before the girl activates the hibernation pod it's revealed that the Fassbender left is David and not Walter, David pukes alien eggs that he will harvest in the hibernated bodies of thousands. Add a few deaths and stupid decisions and that's it.

they're not as dumb as the prometheus crew at least
but yeah, I don't know why nobody in either alien covenant or prometheus was worried about potential pathogens

Yes

If you loved Prometheus you'll enjoy this.
It has all the same stupid flaws but it really tidies up where Prometheus left off. Once again Fassbender is the only character worth a dam.
Enjoy

quite frankly the trailers kind of bug me, they give too much away. they should have just had the crew talking with brief flashes to the destroyed ship, and shouldn't show the alien at all. It's already ruined the suspense of it for me.

I'm more worried about Ridley Scott dying and the end of cinema, rather than plot holes. He's still producing deep movies.

dictionary.com/browse/literally
it's over user, they've won

Spic here just saw it.

Fucking garbage!
Cherish the mystery that prometeus left, because its about to be squadhed by a B "in your face" slasher film.

Why is there so much marketing for this? It's like they're afraid.

Its as if riddley doesnt understand what made Alien 1 succesful.
This is Alien 3 all over again.

Fuck lindeloff was a hack but at least his trash was entertaining, tthis however its tedious has a shit ton of exposition. And has fucking giant plot holes concerning a certian character.

Prometheus its enjoyable in music, image, actors and art department but this shit had nothing except recycled garbage from the first Prometheus drafts.

Prometheus fucking sucked.

Hopefully this is better.

What made David such a misanthrope?
In Prometheus he was ambiguous towards humans, his only harmful action was contaminating that guy with the black goo, in Covenant he is actually malevolent.

Prometheus sucked cause of retarded scientists.
Here yiu have that and more.

In Prometheus when they took their space suit helmets off on the alien planet because "the readings were fine" I almost fucking lost it.

That and when they were trying to be all cutesy and touching the alien squid thing.

Redpill me on the black goo

Is it just miracle growth for life forms?

some sort of extreme mutagen

Plot holes friend and different screenwritters. Its as if it didnt saw prometheus.

David was programmed to not harmed humans and was headless. But here its as if they just wanted to fuck everything of prometheus.

Also spce jokeys lore was ruined... I cant believe I am going to say this but the comic of the predator vs the prometheus was better than this garbage.

Like I said retarded scientists. But here you have that and more.
Every death is predictable as fuck.

>xenomorphs are just oversized bees

HELP ME RIDLEY THE SCRIPT IS ATTACKING ME

Which: Prometheus or Covenant ruined the SJ lore?

That fight scene was still (almost) epic. I wanted the 'geer to win.

Prometheus did the most damage, Covenant is just sealing the deal.

The black goo is fucking retarded and makes zero sense.

I still don't see how it's supposed to look like a trilobite

it's crap. all the "violence" is just lazy cgi. everything looks fake even the spaceship. The plot is stupid, literally nothing happens for most of the movie and when shit does happen it's so cliche and predictable. The final act is embarrassing, like watching a videogame cutscene. There are also no likeable human characters. Not one. Even Built Crudup is cringey in this. "I'm a man of faith so no one likes me". this is pretty much his dialogue in this. The movie is a solid 4/10

>covenant dealing
Prometeus had interesting lore, just stupid characters.
Here they just try to do more of the same xenomorph trope. Nothing new at all.

He blck goo was a mutagen t you dumbass, that was pretty clear in prometheus.
I guess if you watch evangelion you will think it is 2deep4u.

I love the black goo man. For those who like the film, is it scary? I really want to experience a sense of hopelessness for the crew.

Its predictable as fuck, gory edge in your face and typical B movie tropes.

The fact that the Alien mythology wasn't already figured out and Prometheus being plagued by constant rewrites and scrapped concepts is proof that these people have no idea what they're doing. 30+ years to sit around on the idea and you never settled on anything concrete?

Sheer incompetence.

>For those who like the film, is it scary?

no, unless you found AvP scary, in which case you're dumb

what the hell were they thinking when they cast her?

That's a good point. But I feel like it has to do with bullshit leftist pressure such as dead-lines and ignoring strong writers. Or it could just be Ridley's fault.

But you know what happened to alien 3 right? Fox wouldn't let him and the writer make the film. They were like slaves.

This is pretty accurate. I thought Prometheus was garbage and Covenant is only slightly better. It's really 'meh'. Fassbender is great, he gave a chilling performance

What is SJ??

She's really bad in it.

All of them are.

Black goo is retarded. If you want to make a weapon to btfo lifeforms, what's wrong with chemical gases or viral bombs? Why go through all this effort of making hulk zombies and squid babies?

Very inefficient. Plus all the humans in Alien are retarded. They never wear environmental protection and take off their helmets to sniff mysterious and alien things, so they would easily go extinct by an engineered disease.

The dialogue seems very strong for Fassbender judging by the trailers.

Covenant slightly better? Are tou shitting me?

It killed the mystery of the space jokeys into the most insipid way.

Prometheus had everything, mystery, music, good actors, good lead, eveything but shitty scientists. Covenant didnt even have subtlety to begin with. It tries to deal with stuff from prometheus by sweeping it under the rugg but ends up creating plot holes instead.

>finger my holes

Anyone have the engineer scene?

What about this movie looks brutal, op?

What movies do i need to watch before going into this? Unfamiliar with Aliens series

And who says it was a weapon you dumbass?
They where just experimenting with life and how to create different shapes of it. It was the rough stuff itself.

But all of you took the worth of some earthling that knows shit right? Pathetic

Prometheus was bad bur covenant its shit.

>chemical gases or viral bombs?
both don't last very long
>Why go through all this effort of making hulk zombies and squid babies?
they can wipe off the dominant species of a planet without making it unviable

But Ridley always likes to leave a lot as a mystery. Why did the Engineer attack the crew? Unknown psychology.

Why black goo? Because maybe they are a brutaly evil race to the point where it effects their own species. It's just left vague intentionally...

Does not make sense from a weapon standpoint.
All I could get from this us that they where just researching shit with mutagens to create different kinds lf life.

Creating a planet full of xenomorphs doesn't seem like a very good strategy

watch alien then aliens. then watch nothing else

See prometheus first, then Covenant. Then watch Alien, Aliens, and alien 3 since they take place after Covenent.

Consensus says the black goo is a bio-weapon.

Ridley doesnt understand what made Alien good and doesnt even erite his own screenplays.

I like the space jokeys but covenant ruined them completelt.

they're supposed to die once they run out of hosts, or go dormant

But we don't know the state of the Engineer race and their different worlds and aliances. Maybe they are in a "fall of Rome" situation, and one Engineer sect is creating black goo to wipe out another.

My point is that it could be complex why they made the black goo, and why they are a victim of it.

Cause that is what a character guessed in the movie? Give me a break dumbass.

Besides in covenant they outright tell you that it is a super mutagen which was implied from the very prometheus movie.

is this the Star Wars prequels of the Alien franchise?

Did it really ruin them? Give me a hint but no spoiler.

Fuck this guy, dont watch covenant. It is shit.

Just watch alien and aliens and end of story.

yes, there is even a robot Jedi

This. Covenant is hardly a sequel to Prometheus. It basically kills off all the interesting parts that Prometheus had.

I'm kinda sad everyone here seems to be hating it. I really liked it and I think it's a step in the right direction.
Much better than Prometheus and Fassbender is amazing

Remember the mysterious Giger culture that they had?
Remember how it felt super Alien?
Well, they are nothing but bronze age fools with no tech.

Oh and Dr shaw and david relationship was also ruined. This is basically alien 3 all over again.

This. Why does an alien demi-god city look like Chicago?

> you liking is the definitive of good direction

You just have pleb taste.

>Well, they are nothing but bronze age fools with no tech
wat?

Kinda sad when you realize that most of Alien franchise's artistic integrity came from Giger's weird ideas. Now with Ridley it's basically nothing but a B-slasher flick dressed in armchair philosophizing. The worst part is that the fucker starts asking these big questions in his movies that he doesn't even seem to know the answer to.

Then how do you get rid of them?
See? Its stupid.

I used to think they where just an unfinished bi-product of an ongoing experiment.

>it's a director gets fat and old and makes a prequel trilogy to his beloved franchise, subsequently ruining it with shitty retcons and too much cgi episode

So why doesn't David engineer a species that can actually form a stable society, especially since he's creating a lifeform seemingly from scratch using Engineer notes and the black goo mutagen.

Considering he's apparently so capable he can do anything then why not just make something more viable than a glorified pest that requires other lifeforms to propagate itself.

Essentially he dislikes engineers and humans for whatever reason so he's making huge cockroaches instead. Seems a bit stupid.

Watch the movie.

I wanted to shaw to see Gigers version of paradise. Not fucking pompei.

Prometheus impied that there were different sects. The engineer in the ship looked very hostile, but the engineer in the suicide scene at the beginning (extended version) looked like they were from the same "primitive" society that lives on the Covenant planet.

One is more spiritual, but the other is more tech-savy. Lots of theories...

Lucas made the prequels offensively bad. Scott made this just kind of depressingly bad.

Covenant especially feels like a filler episode or a tv show rather than anything worthy of making into a feature-length movie.

Is Prometheus the Dark Souls of Alien movies?

The most viable explanation is that they have a caste system.

The engineer at the start of Prometheus that seeded life looked like he was doing some sort of ritual.
The engineers in the black goo base looked like a warrior caste.
The serfs that David nuked looked like some underclass.

Since the engineers do seem to "engineer" stuff it makes sense they engineered themselves into specialized roles.

so why did the engineers create humans? and why did they want to kill them? the movie didn't even try to answer this.

>Covenant especially feels like a filler episode
I think this sums up how I feel about it. It basically adds nothing of value to the franchise beyond simply being a modern Alien film.

youtube.com/watch?v=YiDLqLxS9rQ

You guys are shit-posters though. I loved 1-3, giving them an 8 each. What? The politics and story were good, and so many other things.

That is a plausable theory. Better than mine.

Like I said above the engineer that seeded life on Earth looked like he was going through some ritual.

That implies that seeding life has a holy purpose for them and not just a scientific experiment.

That means that humans, as a part of life they seeded, would possibly have to follow the protocols of such a ritual and possibly be thankful and obedient and so on .... maybe we didn't pan out the way they wanted or we somehow offended them so they decided to bionuke us.

The soldier engineer also got immediately aggravated when Weyland had David ask him for immortality so maybe attempting to expand beyond our designated scope is anathema to them and immediate grounds for exterminatus.