Zemo

>go to see Civil War
>expect Zemo to be a total badass
>expect a big battle between him and cap
>see movie
>Zemo is a little bitch and shitty soldier with boring motivations
>his plan only works because all the characters took stupid pills instead of talking/thinking things out
>No epic fight between him and Cap

Really? Really? First the MCU made Ultron boring. Now they made Zemo so dull?!!!

Why is Loki the only good badguy of the MCU? Are we ever going to have another great badguy as him? Is Thanos going to be as disappointing as this?

Bu..But he might return in Thunder Bolts movie.

You really think the pimp knight look would've fit in well in the MCU? He was perhaps the most maturely done villain up to date in the MCU.

I can't wait for MODOK to show up as a deadly computer virus stored on a flash drive shaped like some kind of chibi figurine.

don't give them any ideas

>I need the main villain to have a purple sock on his head and wear spandex in order for me to take him seriously

>You really think the pimp knight look would've fit in well in the MCU?
Yeah, why would I want a comic book supervillain to look like a comic book supervillain? That's like asking for a Superman with red trunks and the X-Men with bright costumes.
A costumed Zemo would look too silly compared to the man dressed up as a black kitty and 60s Spider-Man
*slaps your face*
Idiot.

>*slaps your face*
die in a fire

It'll be worse, he'll be a fat old scientist in a wheelchair that gets killed off-screen or put in jail and never used again.

He worked because he actually added to the conflict rather than take away from it. The core of the movie is Iron Man vs Cap, and having a powerful supervillain to physically fight them in the final act would diminish that.

Just give him this suit and a black ski mask or do Citizen V.

MCU apologists are pathetic

Maybe he'll return in the future, dressed something like that.

This was a movie that didn't need a strong villain. You'll get the Zemo you want in T.Hunderbolts

He was a great villain but he probably shouldn't have been called Zemo.

Oh so now accurate costumes dont matter! Funny this is the main critisism of the x-men franchise after JL

>*slaps your face*
You're embarrassing yourself tumblr. The costume didn't fit his character and the MCU theme of suits at all. Even if they went with a redesigned costume he wouldn't ever have a use for it. When would he put it on, while torturing Russians, working at his hotel or shooting frozen people and then trying to off himself? This Zemo was based around the idea of him being a normal human incapable of challenging the Avengers directly. This person doesn't need a suit.

Incoming "T-Then he shouldn't be Zemo!"

> "Stupid DC they clearly hate the source material for their movies!"
> "Well Marvel can't have a stupid purple costume in their movies :^)"

>*slaps your face*
Now I see why everyone hates Sup Forums. Its actual women and redditors.

After seeing CW, I consider this appearance an intro to Zemo. I get the feeling he'll be back with a bigger plan

It's almost as if there's more than one poster on Sup Forums!

I was a lot like you until I actually watched the movie and he was great. If you actually know anything about Zemo and aren't a child who wants bright costumes you would know in the current context of the universe there is no logical reason to explain his costume out of nowhere. Zemo and his costume should have been in Captain America the First Avenger, then his son wants revenge and wears it for tradition. Since he wasn't there's no reason for a random guy to wear it. He was still a great character with a menacing presence throughout who wasn't even that much in the wrong. The fact that everyone had such great movitations is why the movie's good.

You fucking idiot go back to your tumblr hugbox

Yeah, and maybe he'll bring The Real Mandarin from All Hail the King (that is totally "canon")! And Hank Pym will make the Real Ultron!

Who are you quoting buddy?

You may have brain problems.

>actually added to the conflict
He only added conflict because all the characters were retards who didn't think things through.

He could of made a fake note that said "Tony, You Smell -Bucky" and Iron Man would try and murder Bucky.

>expect Zemo to be a total badass
>he plays the Avengers like a fiddle
>has Cap running around on his heels the entire time
>final fight has Zemo forcing Cap to admit that he lied to Iron Man this whole time, and has Iron Man do the fighting for him
>"You failed." "Did I, really?"
Nah, he did great.

And really, the focus was on the superheroes fighting each other. It was always going to be about the superheroes fighting; that was the ticket they were selling to people. You didn't need some random jackass popping up and joining into fights to do that; you would be far better off by just letting the heroes fight like intended and keeping the villain's roles to the narrative bits, like they did.

You were probably one of the people who complained that the Mandarin wasn't some sort of alien wizard in Iron Man 3, didn't you?

>Tony Stank

>Are we ever going to have another great badguy as him?

We will as soon as Marvel gets the rights back.

>he plays the Avengers like a fiddle
Not really hard when everyone is acting like retards and forgot how to think. Seriously, even Hammer could of outsmarted everyone in this movie.
>"You failed." "Did I, really?"
Considering Tony and Steve are still totes best friends (despite trying to kill each other), yes. Hell, They'll probably get back together and ignore everything in CW for Infinity...

>Marvel Studios get Dr Doom
>He doesn't wear the mask (and if he does it's not for more than a few seconds) and definitly won't have the green robe (because that's just too goofy)
>isn't a super scientist/sorcerer because "not realistic!!!"
>is just a GenericBillionare#6145 or Ex-Military Ops or Hydra Agent (or all of the above)

Nothing implied Steve was forgiven.

I hate you and how wrong you are about Zemo.

see

20/10 b8 nice job OP

>this much denial
you know it would happen, user

cool comic book Doom is too cool for the MCU and they would fuck him up worse than Fox. but it's the MCU so it's okay when they rape characters apparently.

Considering he survived, it's very easy to see him coming back. And given how he operates, I even think it to be likely that he can assemble the Masters of Evil from the broken pieces left in other MCU film. It would be a team more akin to what we saw in the Ultimates out of necessity, namely the powers and abilities given to new people instead of the villains who first used them--new Crimson Dynamo, Yellow Jacket, Abomination, etc.

The fact that he accepted Steve's proposal and didn't betray him to General Ross (and smiling while doing so) pretty much shows that they are still best friends.
When Infinity happens, they will be smiling and shaking hand and joking with each other.

Everyone was holding the idiot ball at the beginning of the movie, hence the silly argument at the beginning. However, by the time Bucky ended up involved, each character had a very good reason for whichever side they supported.

Of course they will all start working together. It's a superheroverse; that's just how it all works. Zemo still did a good job of breaking the team apart and keeping them apart.

the whole plot was retarded
>security camera conveniently captures Bucky murdering Tony's parents in the middle of nowhere
>Hydra keeps said footage for some unexplained reason
>Zemo is buttblasted his family died when the Avengers saved the fucking planet
>this is despite Zemo being part of a fucking death squad himself
>he combs millions of Hydra files and finds out that Bucky killed Tony's parents
>decides to bomb a shit load of innocent people and make the Avengers fight each other as revenge for his family
>this only works because some people died thanks to Wanda not being able to save everyone from Crossbones' suicide bomb, which Zemo had no way of predicting
>there are people who actually consider this a good villain

Imagine if all the characters actually used their brains. There would be no Civil War.

Zemo a cute.CUTE

>>security camera conveniently captures Bucky murdering Tony's parents in the middle of nowhere
And zoomed in, followed Bucky as he killed Tony's parents

You've never read a Zemo comic in your life have you.

Say 1 legitimate criticism of MCU Zemo that isn't "NOT MUH ZEMO"

Why didn't anybody stand up to Ross and tell him that there wouldn't be a New York or Washington if it wasn't for the Avengers? Why didn't somebody bring up the fact that Ross created a monster that would have destroyed the city if it wasn't for the Hulk?

>Why didn't somebody bring up the fact that Ross created a monster that would have destroyed the city if it wasn't for the Hulk?
Banner wasn't there to call him out.

if only the scarlet witch threw cross-bones diagonally away from the building

Or the fact that the US government was ready to drop a nuke on NYC, so the Avengers actually saved lives

Dude.

Zemo embodied the spirit of the character far better than a palty costume.

>security camera conveniently captures Bucky murdering Tony's parents in the middle of nowhere
To be fair, the security camera footage was probably overdramatized in the movie. Realistically, just knowing that Bucky killed the people in the car and what the car held would clearly tell everyone what exactly had happened; all that needs to be clear from the film was Bucky being there and what the contents of the trunk were. The rest - including the full color dramatic flashbacks - were more there for non-verbal explanation.

Hydra probably kept the tape for blackmail purposes. After all, video footage of Bucky killing the Starks would keep Bucky (and Cap, if they knew about him) possibly in line.

The Accords were strangely convenient, and the entire team ripping themselves apart as a result just silly. It was more Zemo taking advantage of a good situation rather than setting the whole think up himself.

He's boring. Loki was better.

At least he was a qt.

He was a bitch and could of been named any other character. He was that generic.

>To be fair, the security camera footage was probably overdramatized in the movie. Realistically, just knowing that Bucky killed the people in the car and what the car held would clearly tell everyone what exactly had happened; all that needs to be clear from the film was Bucky being there and what the contents of the trunk were. The rest - including the full color dramatic flashbacks - were more there for non-verbal explanation.

Except the tape was important because Zemo was counting on showing it to Tony and creating conflict between him and Steve.

>Hydra probably kept the tape for blackmail purposes. After all, video footage of Bucky killing the Starks would keep Bucky (and Cap, if they knew about him) possibly in line.

Why the fuck would they need to blackmail Bucky? He's already controlled by them, and can be ordered to do anything via the code words. Hydra knows they could never blackmail Cap too.

> It was more Zemo taking advantage of a good situation rather than setting the whole think up himself.

He was clearly planning this far before the accords were created. He had a Bucky mask and everything.

His motivation made absolutely no sense. He wanted to avenger the death of his family by killing many more innocents. He tried to claim a moral high ground despite being part of a death squad.

The whole thing is just silly.

Dr Doom is going to be a former student of Tony Stark that Tony rejected because of his "questionable" beliefs and intrest in making weapons. He will use Stark tech to make his Doom Armor.

Reed is Tony's star pupil and Victor is jealous of this and hates Reed for it.

Unused concept art

What if Marvel makes Zemo go straight for the Citizen V persona as the hero of the people after Infinity Wars?

He avenge the death of HIS family, not your family.

>He tried to claim a moral high ground despite being part of a death squad
Yep. Sounds like Zemo.

That's fine and all, but you can't claim a moral high ground after you do that shit.

>Hydra probably kept the tape for blackmail purposes
Or they just wanted to be sure that the deed was done properly. I imagined that Hydra, being so sprawling and capable as they were at their height, would have had the entirety of the hit planned down to the last detail. That camera was placed specifically to capture the event, Bucky was programmed to send them off road at exactly that point and make the kills right there. I thought it just showed how efficient and clean they were at this. They had assassination of this type down to a science.

I thought he was Tobey Mcguire when he was lying about the car crash and this was about to be surprise Spider Man.

I was only slightly disappointed.

Hows that zodsdat treating you?

That's a huge stretch, you know. They could have just had a camera on Bucky.

Anyway, even if that was the case, why keep the recording?

He might've been a good villain but it wasn't Zemo

Zemo didn't think he had the moral high ground, he wanted revenge. He thought that the Avengers were responsible were responsible for Ultron, and he's actually kinda right since Tony and Bruce created him.

>and smiling while doing so
how do you know is not a fake smile?

And his costume would have fixed that?

>That's a huge stretch, you know
Yeah, it's honestly the flimsiest part of the script, I had to do some mental gymnastics to come up with what I offered. As for keeping the recording, it's probably just for the record books. Why did the Nazi's keep records of all the folks they gassed? It was part of policy and something they needed done, and at the end they needed to have the records that it had in fact been accomplished.

Yes, he did. When he killed the other super soldiers he talks like they (and superhumans in general) are monsters and are beneath him.

>a purple mask is too goofy in a serious movie with a man dressed as a cat, a man dresses as a flag, and spider-meme

eh, what difference would it make? he didn't fight anyone, he was just a walking plot device

>Now grow to be purple, AND DESPISE ME FOREVER!
>PSH, Nothing Personnel, Kid!

>Except the tape was important because Zemo was counting on showing it to Tony and creating conflict between him and Steve.
Exactly. The tape itself was important, and what it implied. The exact contents, not so much. All the tape needed to show was Bucky and the stuff in the trunk. Tony Stark was fully aware of what his parents were doing the night they died.

>Why the fuck would they need to blackmail Bucky?
Brainwashing wears off. And even if it didn't, it's a lot easier to make someone willingly do something or willingly keep quiet than to keep him frozen of hypnotized all the time.

Besides, this is an organization which stuck a scientist's brain into a VCR tape player for 50+ years just to keep it around. What makes you think they're inclined to just toss away something like that.

>He was clearly planning this far before the accords were created.
Fair enough. I was under the impression that the Accords were something which took a couple of months of publicity before the signings even happened, although Zemo is still unusually prepared even in that case.

the MCU is ashamed of comic suits

>Exactly. The tape itself was important, and what it implied. The exact contents, not so much. All the tape needed to show was Bucky and the stuff in the trunk. Tony Stark was fully aware of what his parents were doing the night they died.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. It's just incredibly convenient that there was a camera there at all, and even more convenient that Hydra kept the tape for 25 years.

>Brainwashing wears off
Obviously not since Bucky goes back into murder mode as soon as Zemo speaks the words.

>And even if it didn't, it's a lot easier to make someone willingly do something or willingly keep quiet than to keep him frozen of hypnotized all the time.
No, I'm pretty sure this magic brainwashing where you can make someone your slave by saying a few words is better.

> What makes you think they're inclined to just toss away something like that.
Because it has zero uses, it can only be used against them.

This is more edgy than anything Zack Snyder has done or said. Even the whole "Batman Prison Rape" thing

Honestly that bit at the end, the "did i really not get what I want?" made me hope for Zemo to be playing a double blind all along, and to not actually be Soklovian.

Then in the Thunderbolts movie it turns out he DIDNT kill those other Winter Soldiers when they break him out of super-jail, and he was really playing a xanatos shell game all along.

name one way the name "Zemo" improved the character over the name "Herbart Sadfuckler" that isnt "we wanted the hype tho"

you are so fucking dumb

kek

The difference is that Marvel has been really throwing the Thunderbolts everywhere. You'd be a fool to think they aren't setting something up.

That seems likely actually.

You know, Zemo is a pretty bland piece of shit. They "revamped" the guy completely for his run in Dark Reign. because Zemo, is a fucking baby moron. He always was, and always will be.

I get this feeling most people only know Zemo from EMH

Why is the MCU so hell bent on churning out such mediocre villains? That is consistently their biggest overall flaw yet they never fucking learn from their mistakes.

Do they just not want the antagonist to get a bigger fanbase than the heroes?

And then Iron Man 4 will totally have the real Mandarin!

And then Hank Pym will make the real Ultron!

And then the real Arnim Zola will show up!

their excuse is well the movies are about the heroes

Makes you wonder how boring Thanos will be.

OP must be really mad over lack of super glue too

*whips out dick*

*unsheaths katana*

*teleports behind you*

*teleports behind YOU*

*unzip dick*

*tears dick off*
How about some Vitamin D!!!
*shoves your severed dick in your mouth*