This is possibly one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen...

This is possibly one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen. Not implying that it was all bad because it wasn't. Fassbender like always delivered a 10/10 performance but the script was fairly poor, the dialogue was terrible (no real life dialogue like in 1979 Alien where everyone actually feels like real people).

The plot holes in this pissed me off. Why does David go on a ramble about Monkeys standing up straight and Neanderthals being created when I thought it was the Engineers that created the humans?

Why does David decide to turn every single Engineer to stone when he arrives on their planet. Not only that but there is literally NO BACKSTORY about the Engineers at all. Yes Alien had no backstory about the space jockey, planet but that was because we were watching the movie entirely through the Nostromo crew's eyes who knew noising and the mystery of it is what makes that movie such a masterpiece.

This however is a sequel to Prometheus when Prometheus was asking questions as where we come from and Shaw and David planned to travel to the Engineers home world to get answers to everything so you would expect this being a sequel would answer some questions and yet NOTHING is answered.

The only thing that is answered is about how the Alien from 1979 was created and that was by David who is obsessed with experimenting on humans to create a new species and even then that has nothing to do with the Engineers' subplot.

That scene where David stands outside and looks down on all the Engineers turned to stone REALLY PISSED me off because you would expect we would get some info on why his planet has Roman like buildings and looks very advanced as well as you would expect David to ramble about their civilization and why he killed them all but nope... we just get a flashback to him dropping all the liquid shit that turns everyone to stone and then the movie returns to an Alien chasing and killing people.

This movie is so disappointing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

4 movies.

Those blue mother fuckers should have never torn his head off in Prometheus

>decides to murder an entire race because one person ripped his head off
k

is that joseph gordon levitt

Don't forget they were coming to glass the earth, David just got in first.

That's not why he did it though. He was reveling in human emotion and he wanted to be god. He had clearly gone rogue, hence the updated models that followed.

alright my only question is this.how do they justify the gay couple?

I was kinda pissed that they killed shaw off screen

I didn't even like her that much, but come in man

Every movie coming out now must have at least one homosex scene and at least one white woman getting blacked or it will never get passed the hollywood jews

>New Ridley Scott

>Sequel to Prometheus

My expectation are so low that I refuse to believe I could be disappointed by it.

>how do they justify the gay couple?
the gay couple isnt even gay in the actual movie. when one of the gay guys die, his lover tries to kiss him and a woman tells him to stop cos he's dead or some shit like that.

Also the line
>"This colony is entirely made up of couples"
Isn't in the movie

There was a gay couple? Guess the movie did one thing right then seeing how I didn't notice them

>Watching Prometheus

>Whole movie turns out to be blue balls

>Quickly just turns into an Alien rip off with some retards trapped on an empty planet getting infected and killed off by an alien and dealing with an asshole android

>Don't worry goy, you will see the Engineers home world and get some actual story in the sequel!

>Sequel opens with Engineers getting wiped out

>Rest of movie is another alien ripoff with retards getting infect and killed by an alien and dealing with an asshole android

Seriously, how do they keep getting away with this?

They're not going to make a third one are they?

They wouldn't literally make another one where a bunch of people are stuck on a planet, get infected, killed by an alien or aliens and deal with an asshole android again...

Would they?

Elizabeth should have never put it back on its shoulders.

Shaw is the best female lead right behind Ripley in the Alien series so her death really fucking pissed me off.

She could have been a second Ripley for a new generation but Ridley had to fuck her character up and kill her off.

I like to pretend Alien: Covenant is just fan fiction and in reality: Shaw and David arrived on the planet, she sensed David is pure evil and she escaped before he could harm her and now she is somewhere else trying to find help to warn humans of the evils of Wayland's androids (hence why in the future, a lot of upgrades are made on the androids to change them and hence Walter is made).

>There was a gay couple?
If you watched the movies intro that was cut out of the movie then you would have known:
youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I

Something that isn't explained/ you didn't understand isn't a plot hole you stupid fucking mouth breather. Fuck off this board and take your brain damage with you.

>Seriously, how do they keep getting away with this?
Your guess is as good as mine, Ridley probably went senile a while ago.
>They're not going to make a third one are they?
Senile Ridley wants 4 of those.
>They wouldn't literally make another one where a bunch of people are stuck on a planet, get infected, killed by an alien or aliens and deal with an asshole android again...
You can't stop David. I mean Ridley.

>everyone complains about Aliens crew getting axed before the events of 3
>let's do it again!

Fuck this movie. This is what happened to Shaw
>She escaped from David
>Found one of those humanoid people who cared for her and she was later picked up by another human ship who explored the planet way after the events of Covenant
>She helped design new Androids so they wouldn't be as evil as David

>David found a surviving Enginner or humanoid creature whatever the fuck it is since Ridley doesn't bother to explain shit and he experimented on them instead of using Shaw

None of the characters after part 2 are worth a dam.
David is the most interesting and hes a fucking robot.

this is painful to read user, I am already disappointed because just like you in my naivety I was expecting more information about engineers, their culture, their reasons to create/destroy humans or filmmaker's take on religion and evolution - which seems to me as a million times more interesting story than retarded cunts being chased by weird black mutant

better than Prometheus.

much more traditional subtle story telling, has a beginning a middle and an end

tense, excellent character design and cgi models that dont ruin everything

acting was better than prometheus but not as good as the first 3 movies in the series.

Fassbender is amazing.

there are a few baffling decisions made by the crew but nothing that invalidates the characters or story.

there was no exploration of the engineers, but the mystery is a good thing?

im a huge fan of the series and I wasn't disappointed.

8/10 for a creature feature.

Aliens are humans. Way to kill the franchise.

i thought he wiped out the engineers because he viewed them as no better than the humans and he had gone a little nuts a la wayland himself

>None of the characters after part 2 are worth a dam.
I agree. After they killed the last Alien and threw him into space (that felt like the ending of Aliens) and the female lead celebrated because all the Aliens were dead... I felt nothing for her nor cared about the movies events.

All I cared for is Shaw and Ridley had to fucking kill her off.

FUCK THIS MOVIE

Yeah I do like David but him killing off Shaw was a terrible decision. He should have kept Shaw alive for company or something. I mean, even the evil Nazi in Schindler's List felt love for that Jewish woman so why couldn't David had kept Shaw alive as the movie battles with him wanting to be God but also feeling human with his love for Shaw.

FUCKING HELL RIDLEY YOU COULD HAVE HAD A GOOD MOVIE AND NOT THIS SHIT

hahah they pulled an Alien 3 again hahahaha

>better than Prometheus.
No it isn't you fucking shit. Alien: Covenant is worse than Prometheus.

This movie actually made me appreciate Prometheus more for its uniqueness that didn't try to copy Alien

how are the aliens human?...

>Ridley : the alien sequels suck because they reveal nothing about the derelict ship or space jockey!

This movie was Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 smashed together.

DUDE WHO CARES. LET'S GET BACK TO CGI ALIENS CHASING PEOPLE LMAO

prometheus had 2 actors, a stroy that didnt make any sense, retarded scientists and no pay off

i enjoyed prometheus but it was too pretentious and it didnt deliver on its ambitions.

covenant was much more straight forward but it delivered its plot points and is much better acted.

>Prometheus
They are shown as giant like creatures

>Alien: Covenant
Manlet like humans who look dumb

>covenant was much more straight forward but it delivered its plot points and is much better acted.
No it wasn't better you fucking idiot.

Prometheus was actually enjoyable in a philosophical sense of exploring a new planet.

Alien: Covenant however I found not enjoyable at all and I wanted to get up and leave the cinema with how bland it was.

yeah that was different. they seemed similar to the special features rendition of engineers though.

covenant was laden with philosophical context. it was just a lot more subtle than the first.

come on, youre treating Prometheus like it was some sort of study.

it was a damon lindeloff "obscure" retelling of ancient alines theory with a dash of greek mythology.

covenant, is a well-designed creature feature that has a silver lining of self-reflection... it didnt disappear up its own asshole

>covenant, is a well-designed creature feature that has a silver lining of self-reflection
I completely disagree. Covenant pissed me off so fucking much. As I said, I wanted to get up and leave the cinema with the movie following the basic Alien plot points. The only thing that kept me engaged was the scene with David in his Alien lab talking to Walter because that at least was intriguing but everything else about the movie was shit.

Why are the Aliens suddenly fully grown too? One of the Aliens doesn't even enter in chest burster phase and the way the Alien runs is too fucking fast!

What made Alien so scary to me is how slow it moved in the first Alien because it was slowly getting closer and closer like that Lambert scene. This movie wasn't scary at all.

Also the Alien looks more scary with a human like tall body and not like the Aliens bug like body.

This movie had too much CGI.

Your'e talking about the "engineers"?
Don't forget the fossilized one in the original Alien is a fucking giant, about 5 times bigger than Prometheus engineers.
The "suit" with the elephant appendage was never a suit. The thing had empty eye sockets, teeth and a burst chest. It was literally fossilized and fused into the chair

They fucked up more than just the story.
For one, there was no real tension surrounding the aliens. There were brief moments of violence where people actually got attacked, but no real looming danger. The movie simply didn't take enough time to build any tension.

Then there was the whole 'mysterious civilization' which nobody seemed to give a damn about. Weird looking ship? Massive temple complex with dead bodies? Meh. The editing didn't help, seeing how the establishing shots where all cut into a million little pieces. There is simply no sense of awe at this advanced world in any way.

The lore is convoluted, but I don't really care about that. It fails as a film because it tries to be a cheap modern horror film and a 2deep4u scifi at the same time but doesn't have an atmosphere to fit either.

every movie has too much cgi.

i thought the design was cool, their human dna was much more evident , its more disturbing to have something ...familiar as opposed to the aliens just being bugs.

the classic xeno's never showed up though so considering the differing gestation periods in of the first 4 movies, given that the creatures in this movie were a different species entirely the life cycle didnt bother..

yeah the most interesting part of the movie was fassbender, he is basically in the interesting part of the movie, everyone else is just there to be in the creature feature aspecct.

im sorry you didnt enjoy it more, maybe my expectations were just so low from Prometheus ... i was almost pathologically disappointed by that film.

lol not anymore it's a guy in a spacesuit

t. ridley

>The "suit" with the elephant appendage was never a suit.
Ridley literally says that it is a suit. Unless you want to pretend that Alien isn't canon in the Prometheus timeline

btw we see the giant suits in Alien Covenant for a brief second.

I still want fucking answers if the people David turned to stone are engineers are not

i assumed they were the same species.
maybe not all engineers are selected to seed life?

the old engineers from the special features looked like these creatures.

that wasnt explained but i can accept that given that there are more movies coming in a year or so

In the original movie that started the whole franchise it is clearly not a suit.
Fuck what Ridley says, he pulls shit out his ass and is an old hack who made a couple good films in his prime.

I just want a movie that makes me feel like I just read at the mountains of madness.

It seems like he was afraid to make the movie he wanted to (or just hadn't thought it through enough) so he fell back on classic Alien tropes instead of actually answering the questions he wanted us to ask of Prometheus.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I watch the original Alien, I don't come away asking where it came from. It works because despite giving away very little contextual information, there is huge attention to detail. The crew feels like a real crew. The evil android twist makes sense even though you know nothing about the mysterious corporation.

This prequel series is basically the inverse. Now there's this huge ambitious story about creation, and yet on the most basic level it's lazy. The characters don't feel real. Their decisions don't make sense. Scott has replaced mystery with plotholes. Maybe he thinks they're the same thing now.

That could be forgiven if that bigger story was expanded upon, but it's just there. It's vapid. The engineers barely even show up. David wants to kill humans because having him say "you have to destroy to create" sounds cool and profound. Huge revelations are given away in offhand dialogue, and other questions just aren't even acknowledged. Setting up further movies isn't an excuse.

I don't really get what the purpose of these movies is, or who they're supposed to appeal to. The worldbuilding is incomplete and messy. The terrible characters make it difficult to be invested in. And every scene with the xenomoprh we've already seen 10 times before, so it doesn't work as horror. The crew needs to be intelligent scientists because otherwise having this huge story about searching for mankind's creator wouldn't work. But at the same time they need to be stupid and inexperienced so we can see the same Alien cliches again. And in order to keep remaking Alien, we have to spend the best part of two hours with the crew, which means no time for expanding on the universe. It's a circle of stupidity.

Killing the engineers actually pissed me off, but from an awful writing standpoint. Its so fucking generic

You have no idea how pissed off this movie made me

It was really awful, it was pointless and the reasoning makes zero fucking sense

David wants to be God so that means killing off other intelligent species and creating his own?

No I get it, but its just so fucking stupid

Did Ridley want to create some poetry with the Bible where God kills off all humans in a flood apart from Noah and his family? idk

It's pretty meh. Much like Prometheus, Fassbender is the best part.

>Ridley wants to do like 6 more of these movies.
Just fucking let it die.

Don't forget that in Prometheus they had earth dialed in as a destination and had a payload of black goo.
Why wouldn't David fuck them up? He was enjoying the power trip. His model was recalled.

Movie going normies come out of the cinema going "wow, that was awesome"
That's all that matters.

I enjoyed it. Significantly better than Prometheus for me. My main complaints were the action scene that took place on the wing of the spaceship or whatever, it felt completely out of place considering up to this point the movie had been pretty gritty. I also hated the shower sex scene, it felt waaaay too horror movie cliche and didn't make sense in the context of the movie, these guys friends have died, they been made to listen to their screaming over the radio on the ship and as soon as the survivors get back they go to the shower and have sex.

Why did so many normies think this was going to be any good? Ridley Scott has made nothing but mediocre movies lately, and Prometheus wasn't great. Hell, no film in the franchise came even close to the quality of Alien/Aliens.

Alien = Aliens > Covenant > Alien Cubed > Prometheus > Resurrection

you guys always have the worst opinions, mine is correct

holy fuck so many run-on sentences.

the movie was great and the haters sperging out is hillarious

Fuck Ridley and his brain soup for thinking Shaw, Daniels, and whoever he throws out for the next films can be sufficient Ripley replacements.

And fuck Sigourney for agreeing to Avatar sequels through the 2020s- so if an Alien sequel or re:boot ever does happen, she'll be in her 80s and about as frail as Carrie Fisher in VII (who literally stood still the entire film, and even that did enough of a toll to kill her a year later.)

I bet you laughed at the fingering line

This franchise is poop

>disappointed that hack ridley scott is again aggressively exposing himself as an embarrassment

no but im laughing at all you nerd faggots freaking out about m-m-muh lore. keep on raging user

>This however is a sequel to Prometheus when Prometheus was asking questions as where we come from and Shaw and David planned to travel to the Engineers home world to get answers to everything so you would expect this being a sequel would answer some questions and yet NOTHING is answered.
This is what pissed me off the most.
I wanted to see Paradise throught Gigers eyes, I wanted to see Shaw's adventure and David.

But instead they decided to make David go bonkers and fuck his "human safety protocols" and kill the engineers for no reason.

Also the legendary race of the space jokeys turned out to be a fucking bronze age city. Who also happened to look NOTHING AT ALL like the engineers from the previous movie.

DISSAPOINTING Garbage!
At least prometheus gave eye candy, this crap gave nothing.

I like to think that one of the engineers took her with him to the "real paradise" and left david there. Who just stumbled into one of their colony caste city worlds and well... fucked them over.

Riddley has gone senile.

>She could have been a second Ripley for a new generation but Ridley had to fuck her character up and kill her off.
This pissed me off to super degrees.
I wanted a Dr Shad & David going throught space adventures. Not another generic fucking B-movie slasher film.

Also the shower scene... I literally cringed at this part like. What is this friday the 13th?

>Prometheus was bad because it explored lore
>Covenant is bad because it didn't explore the lore

Blue? Are you color blind?

>Alien
>fossilized Pilot in a very ancient spaceship that probably crashed on that planet millions of years ago
>Prometheus and Covenant
>lol, jk, a modern robot made aliens n shit
So Ridley retroactively made Alien worse?

yeah...no

>I wanted a Dr Shad & David going throught space adventures.
HOLY SHIT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING

>Also the shower scene
Is this a deleted scene from Jaxon X?

(you)
ass hat.

You know they will never explain that shit.
That is the only thing going for them, some convoluted halfass semi-explanation about how/why life/intelligence
exists/meaning of/source of.
That's the hook, they know you WILL come in 5 years to watch Prometheus 3/Alien 6(or 7, if you accept that as an sequel) because you want to know more about engeners, but, there is no good answer, no writer alive can make satisfying answer.
My opinion is that Scott fucked up by involving Alien™ in Prometheus, that whole concept is strong enough(maybe even stronger than Alien) on its own, he literally could make hard sf with meaning of life/universe lore and Alien on its own with its familiar tropes.

KEK

When they got stranded on the planet I thought David had lied about Shaw, proceeded to btfo the colonists, and in the end when there would only be 2 colonists left Shaw would come save them looking like a new Ripley. When they showed her corpse like a fucking taxidermy I was stunned they would just erase all of Prometheus for no reason.

I guess they really didn't learn from Alien 3

I thought Fassbender got killed in the precedent movie...

He got better.

>mfw Alien is a anti-blacked guy

Why do all the franchises I find interesting and cool end up getting raped?

Why is he doing this?

They clearly have a blue tinge

I need an image of Fassbender saying "It looks fine" when he rips the bandaid thing off the guy's damaged face

How else do you play a wind instrument?
How do people find this humorous?

Only a retard would need any more of the story blatantly spelled out for them. If you engage your brain for one fucking second you can answer all these questions on your own.

wew lad
fuck off

>decides to be retarded on Sup Forums because attention span is no better than a normie

how dense can you get?

Movies and television is low art. Get some fucking standards.

why dont you lick my nuts you pretentious bitch

No you fool, Prometheus sucked because it was poorly done. NO one wanted Alien TWO, The Electric Boogaloo.

Prometheus was just horribly done. We want Engineers, not another serving of Xeno hiding and chasing and people getting jobbed by said Xeno hiding and scaring.

>Movies and television is low art.
You take that back

If you want actual film art then watch European films

>saying how pissed I am that Ridley killed off the backstory that Prometheus promised to answer in its sequel is being retarded

>NO one wanted Alien TWO
>We want
Nice projecting.