Supergirl moves to CW

It's official now.

>The CW has picked up its first new series for next season, and it is not that new. After weeks of speculation, Supergirl will move from CBS to sister network the CW, which has renewed the superhero drama for a second season

deadline.com/2016/05/supergirl-moves-the-cw-renewed-season-2-melissa-benoist-1201754579/

I hope they keep it a separate Earth. Or if they combine them there's an actual COIE sort of mini event to explain it. Would be boring if they just pretend like it's the same right off the bat.

oh my penii

well say good bye to cat grant

She was gone when production moved to Vancouver anyways.

I hope none of the cast drop out (at least not Benoist, Lee, or Flockhart, who are the heart & soul of the show). Asking them to relocate to Vancouver for a good part of the year might be contentious.

CROSSOVER WHEN ????

Pretty sure Flockhart is gone

Supergirl had its flaws but I liked how the writers managed to understand the concepts behind Superman and handled things better than BvS.

I'm hoping that Starfire shows up eventually,this series would be the perfect place for her.

Supergirl Seasoon 2
Flash Season 3

IT'S HAPPENING!!

There's no way Benoist is gone, she's the star of the show.

>Firemen save the day when you have supergirl and the flash

'no'

Good, she was the Fish Mooney of Supergirl they're better off.

>Flockhart gone

aren't they required by contract to stay untill X years ? and the stranded is 5 as far i know ?

Flockhart is out, she's not moving

I'm personally hoping for Miss Martian to show up...

But they better not lose Flockhart. Cat Grant was the heart of the show IMO

Miss Martian is going to show up eventually.

It appears she's committed to the show

they moved the production, it literally nullifies part of their contract.

>Lee
I recently learned that her brother played the Red Space Ranger

BASED !

>the writers managed to understand the concepts behind Superman and handled things better than BvS

kek.

So CW is just gonna be the Superhero channel at this point? They have Monday to Thursday what show should they make for the Friday slot?

Gotham City Sirens

Valuing the help of regular people is pretty Superman. Like that scene where the police officer see him and Nightwing in the park

So do you think they'll keep dueling with Gotham in the Monday slot or move it to Legends' Thursday slot?

They revive constantine
>Yayyy
In its old timeslot
>booo

if your show's survival is dependent on ratings, you need to keep your focus on storytelling.

That is a shitty payoff.

They should double up Arrow and Flash on the same night and give Supergirl it's own night.

LoT depends on if it comes back mid-season or starts with the rest in the fall.

>Mfw I remember that TV movie where they play love interests.

keep your shitty felicity to yourself.

>So CW is just gonna be the Superhero channel at this point?

Superheroes & the supernatural. Whatever pays the bills, right?

I could see it keeping Monday, but where would you stick Legends if you put Supergirl in it's original spot?

YEAH!

I unironically like this show, also I saved this from the first talkback thread, how time has past.

All I know is they need to find a way to add them to the normal CW universe because people will ignore it if it's isolated.

Teen Titans

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M EXCITED

A year ago, I swore if the crossover happened, I'd drop the whole Arrowverse. But I was a retard.

Now I can begin preparing for Legion happening in the next few years

I'd like it if Kara ditched her universe and came to the Arrowverse. Like she gets stranded for awhile but ultimately decides to stay and create a legacy for herself outside of her cousin's shadow.

The downside to that would be losing her entire supporting cast, though.

They're definitely connecting them, it's just a question of if they do it straight away or if they wait a bit.

>yfw Guggenhiem becomes a main writer and turns the show organic

TOP KEK

moving production != changing the writers

Eh, Flash could probably Crisis her universe into the Arrowverse. Not like there would be any conflicts anyways

>yfw crisis reboot
>Guggenheim fired
>Black canary back alive
>Smoaks disappears in the timeline and everybody forgets about them
>JSA formed

Perfect. He can put all his Felicity energy into an actual female character and leave Arrow alone entirely.

the writers write each episodes all the time though and the crossovers...oh god.

HELL YEAH BITCHES!

>there's a crisis that brings supergirl and her cast to the cw verse
>superman still refuses to show up because of reasons

>Not like there would be any conflicts anyways

Superman existing for 10+ years is kind of a big one.

How long into Arrowlicity Season 5 do you think it'll be before they reveal Felicity is part Kryptonian and becomes DCTV's Power Girl?

Kara shows up to finally bring Felicity to justice for killing tens of thousands of people in Havenrock. Unfortunately, it turns out Felicity is the Kara of this universe and reveals herself and takes Kara2 down and forces her to be one of her minions.

cute , CUTE !!!!

I'm going to miss the LA sun and lighting, but as long as Alex and J'onn are around I'd watch it if they filmed in the mariana trench.

He's being held captive by Snyderseid.

Or he gets killed off screen.

Superman is the elephant in the room. How do they work around him?

When Berlanti pitched the show to the CW, Supergirl would be her own hero. In fact, there were several differences

>Alex is still affiliated with the DEO, but as a Xenobiologist, and is meant to become Supergirl's nemesis.

>Henshaw is Alex's childhood friend and love interest, not Martian Manhunter, and hates Kryptonians.

>Winn was gay, iirc.

Hopefully Ali Adler keeps the writing staff intact.

Speaking of which, I suppose the showrunner being a lesbian explains why the femslash subtext was off the charts but the het romance subplots fell so flat. Maybe they can actually get Alex a girlfriend next season.

I'm excited and terrified at the same time.

I hope Berlanti and the gang will recognize that The Flash gotten worse and try to make it better. And thus, I hope that Supergirl also gets reworked to fit more with The Flash and be fun and comicbooky like it is.

But on the other hand, this might be the start of the full Berlanti/Guggen-verse, where it's all shitty soap opera, all "GRRRL POWER", all terribly written villains, and even fewer references to anything outside the main cast/crew than ever before.

Who knows what's in store for us.

>J'onn
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ,,, you think CW can afford that CGI ?? with the exception of the finale J'onn always appeared 30 fucking second and already on CBC which they are trying to reduce the costs anyway

J'onn is a kill my friend

If you Crisis them together you just have them stop pretending like Central and the Flash are the first metas in the universe. It doesn't require much more explanation than that as the audience is already used to changes in a universe's history due to time shenanigans. He still wouldn't appear so it wouldn't really matter.

Wait what?

MMH better fucking stay, he was the only reason I even watched that shittip.

So it'll either be a restart with these characters in the National City of the Arrowverse or it'll simply continue as season 2, OR they'll find some way to merge the established season 1 characters into the Arrowverse by way of galactic villainy or a portal or something.

Which will it be?

They could always go for practical effects for MM.

it really doesnt change a thing ... they will just say its Earth 3 or whatever and if they wanted to crossover flash will just take the gang there

but hes been to earth-3. it would instead be earth-5

>or it'll simply continue as season

Probably just this, you're overthinking it.

>mfw every hero in the CWverse wants to tap Kara kicking Felicity to the side.

So who's gonna win her heart? I'll crack up if it turns out to be The Atom.

Why not earth 4 ?

Nope shes coming too

But Berlanti will definitely want to capitalize on the continuity draw of the Arrowverse.

>RFxKara

can you imagine them hate-fucking ??

>I'll crack up if it turns out to be The Atom.

If I wasn't already convinced this is how I'd know the hypercrisis is real.

Cancel legends of tomorrow

So what happens to the existing sets? Shipped to Vancouver or will they need to re-build?

>not Darksnyd
C'mon, man.

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ,,, you think CW can afford that CGI ??

He's mostly practical. Harewood films J'Onn in costume, it's only the face & hands they digitally replace.

One step closer to OTP

The show was already moving to Vancouver.

What better way to build up continuity than further establishing the multiverse as a concept rather than something that will be ignored after this season of Flash?

IT'S HABBEMIMG

That would be adorable, Ray and Kara are both literal puppies.

I hadn't really wished ill of Iris until this very moment.

>Smaller CW budget

this should be funny

It was going to get a budget cut anyway.

At least now they can do many crossover episodes and the retards on Sup Forums can use it to say "see? the show is good!" since they judge quality based on meme references instead of actual storytelling

All we need now is Constantine.

Spoken like a true wiseman

yeah, that's another shit show that needs coming back

>TFW cucked by a literal supergirl

Well friday is open, then we can have a show every weekday.

>Ray and Kara
>Superman fucking Supergirl

Wincest!

>giving him friday deathslot
>AGAIN

holy fuck the rage gonna be glorious

>Kara fights some super powered villain and gets thrown into E-1
>Meet the doppelgangers to soft retcon the show

But breeding white kryptonian babies!

Which is meant to be offset by the relative inexpensiveness of shooting in Vancouver as opposed to LA.

Meh, i don't watch stuff tell the weekend usually after filling up my DVR then binging

Can Barry's dick penetrate Kara even?
Phasing through her vag is one thing, fuckign is another.

He'll go in raw with the speed force

Fuck yes. I've been saying this since the beginning. Will Supergirl have a much smaller budget then?