How hyped are you?

How hyped are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

universalmonstersuniverse.com/2016/08/11/what-does-brendan-fraser-think-of-2017s-the-mummy/
youtube.com/watch?v=JUkBk-Xq62s
youtube.com/watch?v=iqP9VVvT-kk
youtube.com/watch?v=5nYN4SfxcRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When does this hit theaters?

Why does this exist?

Didn't even remember this was a thing.
So I guess not hyped at all.

yummy mummy?

Maybe they'll have a brendan reference somewhere. Like him being mumified in the background

Zero hype
I haven't even bothered watching the latest trailer.

>the mommy

>Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci
No thank you.

Seems like a new, more serious take on the franchise. Im still a little hyped but I wish I stayed comfy and had the original cast. I miss Brendan Fraser every day.

>Tom Cruise plays Tom Cruise in a movie you've seen before, set in a major city so they don't have to come up with creative sets
It looks like the same BWWAAAAAAHHHH *big explosions* *buildings collapsing* low effort shit they make every year

Daily reminder that they didnt even bother sending invitation to Brendan for the premiere and he has to pay his own ticket.

That's cold even by Hollywood standards.

universalmonstersuniverse.com/2016/08/11/what-does-brendan-fraser-think-of-2017s-the-mummy/

:(

Because every major studio needs cinematic universes now. This is Universal's attempt at kicking one off.

I don't know anyone who's looking forward to this, though. It'll probably do King Arthur numbers.

BOX
OFFICE
POISON

Pretty hyped, Tom Cruise is based I've never seen him in a movie I didn't enjoy
SHOW ME THE KINOOOOO

Dont bully Brendan

>no Brendan
for what fucking reason

as if cruise needs another franchise, just go make mission impossible movies and stop trying to branch out

>no Brendan Fraiser
>no Imhotep

No hype

>tom cruise
>(((kurtzman)))
Kek

>kekzman

I'll likely never see this, but I'll always appreciate it for the maymays. Thanks, IMAX.

youtube.com/watch?v=JUkBk-Xq62s

Because this one takes place modern-day, whereas Brendan's takes place like a hundred years ago.

Making the third movie take place in China without Imhotep is basically what killed the franchise. That, and casting a guy only ten years younger than Brendan to play his son.

This looks like a generic Tom Cruise movie, it doesn't even have the charm the original Mummy had

No Brendan=no watch
Looks like shit even ignoring that desu

>Making the third movie take place in China without Imhotep is basically what killed the franchise.
Fucking this. Not to mention having another actress play Evy really annoyed me

THIS SUMMER TOM CRUISE IS THE MUMMY
>Tom Cruise taxi driver reboot wen ft trump as palpatine

>A dark serious toned Mummy movie
This is just not going to work. What made the Brendan movies so good is that they had comedic tones as well as good horror that blended well - kind of like Raimi's Evil Dead 2.

But making a serious movie where Tom Cruise's character is actually chosen by the female Mummy and is made Immortal - I just don't know how well this will rate.

Reminder that this flick will most likely generate 500 million dollars at the box office and all of it in China

>How hyped are you?

No. Not even in the slightest of any slight bit of interest.
I refuse to pay to see Tom Cruise movies, as he represents Scientology.

People need to wake the fuck up, and stop tolerating this bullshit, or else nothing changes, and this asshat continues to promote a bullshit religion that enslaves generations of ignorance under it.

>tom cruise

bleaaaaghhh
no
will not watch
not even if it's free

>when people in this thread are talking about the ""original"" mummy they're thinking of the Brendan Fraser one
Jesus Christ

>thinks jesus christ is the original mummy

Imbecile (You)

>thinks I'm just so funny, and clever

Blissfully ignorant

No brendan no hype

>triggered

lol
why so butthurt though?

Go gauge interest elsewhere Schmule.

>Making the third movie take place in China without Imhotep is basically what killed the franchise.

It was bad, but it could've been worse. It could've been what they did to Scorpion King.

>imagine being pursued by hot as fuck, powerful, slightly creepy ancient princess who wants your semen to become your eternal waifu
Maybe I'm a bit desperate, but paint me interested

What do his movies have to do with scientology? You'd be hard-pressed to find an actor without some terrible shit in the closet, or otherwise retarded world views, who gives a fuck? What they do when the cameras are turned off shouldn't matter when we're talking about their films and performance.

I thought j was a little early to be making a movie about the Clinton campaign.

>laughing at man blessed by Xenu himself
ISHYGDDT

the poster would look better without the pompous manlet on it

You mean next flick would be either Dracula, Frankenstein or Werewolf in a modern day?

Generic big budget action tbqh - might go see it, but only because it's something to do when I'm travelling for work.

I thought frankensteins bride with jolie was already confirmed.

I haven't watched a Tom Cruise movie in years. I will not watch this movie unless Tom Cruise gets raped by rabid squirrels in this movie.

I'd watch that

maybe squirrels can be trained using tom cruise pics and look-alikes?

they already did dracula

that faceapp is getting better each day

oh god, what a waste of such glorious turquoise neck wear

WE NEED TO REVIVE BRENDAN'S CAREER, BUT HOW?

None really. Why are they remaking these Universal IPs?

Brendan's The Mummy is my Mummy. The original isn't bad but The Mummy is kino

When?

June 9th

The director literally said that he wanted people to be attracted to this Mummy instead of scared of her. Whatever he means by this

youtube.com/watch?v=iqP9VVvT-kk

>comes out 4 days after Wonder Woman
kek Gadot is in danger

>People need to wake the fuck up, and stop tolerating this bullshit, or else nothing changes, and this asshat continues to promote a bullshit religion that enslaves generations of ignorance under it.

Every religion is bullshit you moron.

Scientology is no more or less bullshit than any other, heck, it's probably a little more likely that we are the result of some Xenu experiment (or whatver the fuck it was) than there being some supreme being who selects one ethnicity to be his chosen and demand that they mutilate their infant sons penises in order to pay tribute.

I mean what... the... fuck...?

does it have spooky skellies in it tho? not good for china if so.

I can see where you're coming from, fedoralord, but at least other religions don't go "fuck you, pay me".

I'm a /cruisemissile/ so I'll watch anything with him in it. It looks like a plain old summer pop corn flick so I shouldn't be too disappointed.

Not at all
I like Cruise a whole lot, but I really don't care about a watered down PG-13 action movie
Hopefully the lady in the mummy makeup looks hot

>I can see where you're coming from, fedoralord, but at least other religions don't go "fuck you, pay me".

How about you open a history book once in your life user, how do you think the organised religions amassed such enourmous wealth ?

Scientology is a scam, but so are the rest.

I didn't think I had to specify that I meant CURRENTLY, but apparently I do.

I'm always hyped for a Cruise film. Even romantic comedies.

Oh shit.
This is good news, since WW will likely suck.
And I hate Gadot.

youtube.com/watch?v=5nYN4SfxcRE

THIS is what got me excited. The first trailer was alright, but nothing really to talk about.
Seeing Cruise do his thing, makes me think that this movie won't be the usual throwaway blockbuster.

No, it looks like they took Indiana Jones and mashed it up with Transformers

What a horrible idea

Will probably bomb too because I don't know a single person that knows about it and Chinese won't watch movies with supernatural shit

Is this movie even linked or related to the old mummy movies?

Tom Cruise is a pretty big guy in that poster.

>Chained up qt brown girl.

Oh man oh man.

Could they not find a shirt in the boy's dept that fits him properly?

He looks like Angela Lansbury with a cold lately.

What's with all the talk they hired a white actress to play the mummy

is this a rights grab?

Pretty much. Russell Crow is Dr. Jekyll and Javier Bardem is John Talbot.

Then why was Rameses a ginger?

In name only.

I'm kinda excited. I like the idea of a genderbent version of the 1932 version, and the scene from the trailer with Cruise waking up in the morgue was pretty cool. The whole "secret society of monster hunters" thing did put a bit of a damper on things though.