So how comes japanese capeshit is so much better than western capeshit?

So how comes japanese capeshit is so much better than western capeshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zhJs-ZqMix4
youtube.com/watch?v=ka6r3tBPI0c
youtube.com/watch?v=NgpebYk4YKA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One Punch Man sucks though

Best hero coming through.

>anime bait

cause you are a weeb

No it didn't

Real shit Japanese capeshit coming through

At least it's fun.
Plus, Saitama is a better superhero than DC universe Batman and Superman combined

The OPM manga was really boring, I enjoyed the show though

And yes Boku no Hero is really fucking shit, I don't know how it's so popular

One Punch Man is a parody of anime and capeshit. I thought this was obvious, but a lot of people seem to miss the point.

cuz the only one in charge of the manga is it's own creator, western comics have different artists work on segments of it and there's no sense of any consistency in story, style and general direction

>One Punch Man sucks though

No it doesnt, it manages to btfo of both western capeshit and Japanese anime.

>likes OPM
>hates boku
good god.

beats me

It doesn't take itself seriously.

If you're of adult age and watching cartoons/capeshit you're an embarrassment and should consider killing yourself. If you're underage then you really shouldn't be here. Go back to plebbit.

Spiral staircase
Rhinoceros beetle
Ruins street
Rhinoceros beetle
Via dolorosa
Rhinoceros beetle
Singularity point
Giotto
Angel
Hydrangea
Rhinoceros beetle
Singularity point
Secret emperor

>likes OPM
>hates Generic Shounen #146
hmm

It was good for like 5 episodes, then it turned into to tedious garbage.

This it tries to be a parody but devolves into typical battle shounen tier shit. It's the anime equivalent of memepool.

youtube.com/watch?v=zhJs-ZqMix4

>Posting on Sup Forums

The Mangu by the Prism Car guy is fantastic tho

No kike producers so they have room to experiment in the market and hold artistic integrity for now. It's very constrained though because they want to try and sell little-girl shit to otakus nonstop but it's still not over the edge of the cliff like the US is.

Wrong.
>wan paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuunnnnccchhh

Capeshit is like if you took Naruto or whatever then got the 10 most popular Naruto fanfic writers to be in charge of it at different periods of time, rebooting it once in a while. Then to resolve all the different universes they all fight each other or some bullshit.

In case you haven't already, you need to watch Mob Psycho 100.
In episode 5 they introduce a character that is the most honest representation of every shonen main character.
I can't describe just watch it.
Matter of fact Mob Psycho 100 as a whole does an amazing job at criticizing the most common conventions of anime.
ONE's a damn good writer and the person we need right now.

>so dead inside you can no longer enjoy childish things
You must be so much fun to hang out with.

how can he write two shows at the same time

Its not really a parody. It just subverts some of the usual tropes but it still a shonen.

but OPM is generic Shounen

its just generic shounen aimed at people who think they're too good for generic shounen

Because he actually writes comics and they're just using his comics

One Punch Man is his for-fun joke that went big and so they hired someone else to draw it and he rakes in the money

Mob Psycho 100 is his labor of love and he does the art still to this day

Mob Psycho 100 is better than OPM by far in my opinion.
I hope it gets a second season as well, OPM S2 already has been confirmed.

ONE also did some animation at the end and it was pretty good, he's an extremely talented guy and probably one of my favorite mangakas next to Kentaro Miura and Yoshiaki Tabata.
Murata is also a fucking wizard with his illustrations of the Young Jump version of OPM.

it's not just generic shonen though, the main character is a deconstruction of shonen

the only way youd think its generic is if you're not paying attention

I choked up when he was fighting the deep sea king, just an ordinary guy who wanted to do some good.

Mob Psycho 100 will probably get a second season when Bones frees up staff to work for it, not to mention it takes additional production time because of the oil-on-glass work it uses which takes an exceptional amount of time.

The ED of Mob Psycho 100 is basically a solid month of work

He also does the art of One Punch man.

He did when it made him no money and he does it now too. It just gets remade later one by the Eyeshield 21 guy who is a fantastic artist.
But I think now he also gets to draw exclusive arcs for the remake.

Well worth it in my opinion.

Yeah man, the main character who is overwhelmingly powerful is such an unseen and funny idea!

Omg what if we had fights with lots of screaming and powering up just like every other shonen fightshow, haha so funny

Man its almost like we're just... A shounen fightshow.

Murata does all the OPM art now yeah

That's why I like him so much. He may lack power but he has heart.

That's like saying Not Another Teen Movie isn't a parody because it's still a movie about teens.

You haven't watched it. Argument over, that other user wins.

Man this post really shows what a dense person you are.

Shit now I want to watch Not Another Teen Movie again thanks to you. Fuck you user. I have to watch it every single time it's mentioned.

So no more chapters drawn by ONE?

But thats literally what happens in the show they keep doing the same joke over and over

It ceased to be funny.

>no argument against him
>muh 'you haven't even watched it'
Pathetic.

I don't think he's drawing anything new for it since the remake stuff, but i may be wrong

I don't follow it that closely

The Young Jump version that Murata does is way behind the current comic, ONE still updates it now and again but he's more focused on Mob Psycho 100.

for you

the entire premise and the episodes revolves around his retarded power and strength that came from nowhere and how "boss fights"aren't drawn out and melodramatic like usual shonen fair but he's still an oblivious man child whose main conflict is that hes too strong

you're trying too hard to miss the point of the show

Okay thanks. Did Murata write the current arc with the Budokai that wasn't in the original?
Nah there definetly were new chapters since the beginning of the remake.

Its mostly because the 'joke' was already hardly a joke.

Well good on ONE for continuing.

But OPM isn't a parody. It has subversive elements but that doesn't automatically make it a parody. Lots of shounen subvert tropes or make fun of stereotypes without being called parodies.

this nigga gets it

ONE oversaw it but didn't write it if I recall correctly from Sup Forums.

>boss fights aren't drawn out and melodramatic

What is the Sea King

What is the dumb alien with the marbles that had to be killed

The boss fights ARE drawn out and melodramatic

The 'point' of the show is undercut by the fact that it does THE EXACT SAME THINGS ITS MAKING FUN OF

Fuck now I want to read Mob Psycho 100 if it's even better than OPM as you guys claim.

When will Murata redraw it?

I wouldn't say OPM sucks

Its just the joke died

The perfect moment of it was done in like the first ep with his dream about having a real ass fight with the mole-people and then the subversion of the actual fight.

The rest was just garbage following that

Never and you're a faggot if you want him to

Mob psycho 100 is perfection

Good for Murata.

>watching Thai Spider-Man inspired capeshit
>bad guys take his powers away
>oh no! What will he d
>*goes all Tony Jaa on their asses*
>tfw his powers were just holding him back lol

youtube.com/watch?v=ka6r3tBPI0c

OPM art was pretty shitty m8

mate just

trust me on this

the janky shit art-work

Its perfect for mob psycho 100

in shounen the sea king would take like 10 episodes and have a bunch of crybaby bullshit about "muh friends" and the melzagald wasn't really drawn out and melodramatic, you're just exaggerating now

anyways you're just taking my argument out of context and arguing one point even though you need to take everything i said in consideration to understand the argument that OPM isn't generic and its a deconstruction

I don't think Mob Psycho 100 needs a re-draw, the manga has some really good panels even if around the begging the drawings look like they're done by an amateur. ONE's writing makes up for it though.
You could always just watch the anime, it's at 12 episodes at the moment.

I don't think Murata wrote it either, YJ does this sometimes in that they'll commission filler to pad the length of the series and give the mangaka a basic premise of what they want for it.

Anime is fuckin great

ok.

This. It actually fits so well they didn't change it in the anime.

>S-stop poking holes in my arguments.

No seriously, its just as bad as Memepool, its a 'deconstruction' guis except ti does literally everything a normal shonen does

anime looks amazing too, Bones did a hell of a job preserving the art-style in motion

ONE has become a very good artist.
He's a good example of the 10,000 hour rule. Always work on something you want to improve on and after 10,000 hours you'll be a master.

The best part of mob psycho is seeing One's art improve alongside Mob himself improving as a person

thats the true kino

dude what the fuck is your problem?

I'm just here to crush my enemies

I looked at some pics and it looks like the work of an amateur but it's clean. I thought it would be sketches like OPM. That changes everything I can live with wonky art as long as it's clean.

how is it a hole if you don't take my whole argument into account and you don't even explain how they are drawn out and melodramatic compared to the usual shonen fare?

you pick one thing you can rebuttal but don't even rebuttal it right, i swear you probably just watch dumb amvs of opm on youtube and act like you know what the fuck it's about

because they were drawn out and melodramatic and shit dude

gb2 r*ddit

confirmed shitposter and bait

Mate watch the fight with the fucking multiheadguy and tell me its not drawn out and overdramatic

Go back to your mums pussy you 6 year old shitheads

Fights are like 2 minutes long at longest, how little attention span do you have

Except for the fights that take like 2 episodes like the multiheadguy and the dumbass sea king.

the guys fighting multihead guy were the shonen trope characters so obviously itll take a little longer for them (even though it's not even that long) than Saitama who is suppose to be their antithesis and the sea king would take like 10 episodes or more to beat in usual shonen shit

so at least you admit that it did the exact same thing with long drawnout melodramatic fights

thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=NgpebYk4YKA

I was looking for a new anime to watch. I just finished watching Masamune-kun's Revenge and I didn't like it. Thanks guys.

you have shit reading comprehension mate, your shitposting and baiting is becoming too transparent, hopefully you're not crying right now

They didn't last entire episodes, encounters were a minute long and appeared in two episodes, that's less than any action movie nontheless a shonen

>admit you're wrong
>h-ha-ha the other guy was just shitposting

OPMfags absolutely analpained

Pretty sure there's an actual team behind the MP100 manga, ONE draws it out in his usual scruffy style and it gets cleaned up afterwards.

opm detractors are just morons, how effective of a deconstruction would it be if the typical shonen characters could beat villains in one punch like Saitama? if the typical shonen characters and shonen situations didn't exist with Saitama to take the whole piss out of the whole thing and be incongruous how apparent is the deconstruction? itll just be a strong motherfucker one punching guys around without context

go fucking read a book so you know how satire and narrative works

It'd just be a standard shounen

oh wait it already is

>deconstruction
The number 1 word used by dumb 13 year old weeaboos who have never engaged with any form of culture besides anime but are still desperate to sound intelligent. The runner up is "symbolism".