THE GREAT DEBATE

THE GREAT DEBATE

indiewire.com/2017/05/best-horror-movies-1201814799/

>shaun of the dead
>get out
>horror movies

If cabin in the woods is horror then so is get out

Didn't click the link.

If what an article is presenting in the main image, then it's shit.

Why do liberals still like Get Out? It makes fun of them

Fuck off shills

hmm I've seen a few of those

>the descent
8/10
>the mist
7/10
>cabin in the woods
reddit/10
>rec
6/10
>the human centipede
5/10
>the witch
7/10
>antichrist
6/10

Not clicking but I bet there's a lot of "critically acclaimed" films there that while good, aren't actual horrors. These lists are too predictable.

>Shaun of the dead
>beating an actual horror movie like the witch
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT.
Also number one being number because "Fast Zombies" Christ.

Because ADULTS can cope with being made fun of.
>inb4 cuck

Because some people don't have autism and can still enjoy things that poke fun at them

Will people still be remembering Get Out in a few years' time? It really doesn't seem like anything groundbreaking, either.

>Will people still be remembering Get Out in a few years' time

Who the fuck cares? Movies have to be fun when you watch them fresh? Why would you want to remember them? You're a fag who think he can learn things from movie? You want to take them to the grave with you?

>You're a fag who think he can learn things from movie?

WOW you are a special retard aren't you? You can learn things from movies and you can appreciate them as a form of art. Unless you are a complete retard like you

It will be 100% invalidated by Peele's next film. If it's well well received Get Out will retroactively be considered a "good first effort" and a breeding ground for ideas and stylistic choices Peel makes in movie #2.

If his next movie bombs Get Out will be considered a one time fluke horror classic from a sketch comedian. The kind of movie that plays on TNT 30 times a week.

>splitting the article up into 4 different pages
god damn, why are internet pages so short? Someone should really change it so we can scroll infinitely, that way I wouldn't have to click four times to read one article.

This list has a few good films but overall it's pretty terrible. Whoever wrote this article probably only watches movies that get nation wide theatrical releases.

>You can learn things from movies

Yes, but that's not their main purpose.

>you can appreciate them as a form of art

Art is for fun.You cares if the pleasure doesn't last? It's like an orgasm. You don't take away anything from it, you just move on to the next one. The present moment when you make contact for the first thime is all that matters. That's what defines the quality of a work of art, not your memories about it.

More clicks = more ad revenue

The Human Centipede is boring as fuck and not even gross as the idea should be
Hostel has good gore but shit everything
The Strangers is generic as fuck

Good movies missing Thirst, American Psycho, Ginger Snaps, The Devil's Backbone,
Ichi the Killer, A Tale of Two Sisters, The Devil's Rejects,Martyrs, I Saw the Devil, Trick 'r Treat, The Skin I Live In and What We Do in the Shadows

>I Saw the Devil
post invalidated

i liked the loved ones but that seems insanely high

This is at number 12, A film where the occupants literally let themselves be killed due to idiocy and a flm that tries to make Joanna Newsom scary

Kill yourself, my girl.

What shit taste.
Literally reddimdb core.

I thought so too, a lot of movies on the list are better and more original.

would get out be a "good" horror movie for the MSN if it isnt black against whitey?

>The Babadook

I spent the first half of the movie being angry at the little kid and the second half laughing because they used pterodactyl sound effects for the monster.

Stopped there. You really think that's scary?

Get out wasn't scary like at all. Fine film but not horror, more mystery thriller IMO

Top 3 in no order.

The Witch
The Descent
Get Out

>The Thing nowhere to be seen

pleb list for plebs by plebs

This. Stopped reading as soon as I saw it.

because theres no limit to how much shame a white self loather will feel

theyre literal masochists they like feeling bad, its a genetic thing, the alphas need a number of betas to follow orders and take punishment and be sacrifices

if you dont take advantage of them thats your fault

That's because actual horrors tend to be shit.

>21st century

>this is not scary!
>you really think this is scary???

Holy shit, who left the kindergarten door open?

>20. The Descent

Stopped reading there.

>No "The Conjuring"

Are you kidding, I know its basically a 70s haunted house movie but its executed fantastically, its the only movie to actually spoop me in years

i dont even think that anybody outside america has watched that movie

No one cares about it anymore other than clickbait liberals

I have never seen the babadook. I hate screaming kids. Is it worth it?

shaun of the late capitalist control and babashit should not even be on there.

Get Out is a good movie. Why do retards like you like to pretend that it is not?

Half the hype comes from who directed it, the other half comes from the "relevant" subject matter.

No it isn't. Once again, the 1960s serve as a race hustler’s vengeful reference point. But when the get-whitey genre was initiated in those blaxploitation movies made after the turmoil of that decade, artists from Melvin Van Peebles and Larry Cohen to Bill Gunn and Gordon Parks toyed with various genres to dramatize American social and economic circumstances. Black political consciousness was being realized on screen for the first time.

Get Out is the recrudescence of Obama-era unconsciousness. Reducing racial politics to trite horror-comedy, it’s an Obama movie for Tarantino fans.

>I hate screaming kids

Yeah... you don't want to see this film.

>let the right one in
>the descent
>it follows
>the others
>28 days later
the only films on that list that matter. everything else is trash.

white guilt

Yeah because the nigger that was in Keanu is such a household name.... you dumb fucking retard.

The hype was all about the quality of the film. It's just a really, really well made thriller. There is nothing more to it.

Are conservatives literally incapable of taking a joke? That would certainly explain a lot.

>Not even 20% through it
>BEST OF LIST TIME EVERYBODY!!
Why does anyone on planet earth still give a shit about american media in any form?
It really boggles the mind.

>But the scariest thing about “28 Days Later” is that, 15 years later — long after its pixelated images should have reduced it to a relic — its apocalyptic vision of a self-devouring U.K. feels more relevant than ever.

What did he mean by this?