We're literally just watching the kooky misadventures of a malfunctioning android with more plot armor than He-Man...

We're literally just watching the kooky misadventures of a malfunctioning android with more plot armor than He-Man. He doesn't actually have a brilliant, calculated or even coherent plan because it's soon established by Walter that David is two peaches short of cobbler. He's just a berserk toaster in a galaxy full of really, really, really stupid humans. That's this whole franchise in a nutshell.

Bravo, Ridley.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/ridley-scott-prometheus-alien-blade-runner-324779
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Not enjoying Based Fassy killing stupid fags with crazy lab-monsters

Why are you such a downer user?

Did they make Fassy look like Bowie on purpose for that Major Tom "str33t" cred?

I wish there was a directors cut of Prometheus where we are just watching David walk around the room doing shit while watching Lawrence of Arabia

Ridley Scott has gone full Lucas - he subconsciously hates the fact that the original Alien was great because how good Dan O'Bannon's script was, and how visual artists that O’Bannon brought over from Dark Star and Dune along with Giger made it so iconic. He resents that and now tries to undo his legacy by making Alien about some bullshit search of life meaning mental masturbation, instead of what O'Bannon started doing with Dark Star.

how fucking transparent and embarrasing

Dont bring Bowie into this. There are enough people raping his ghost.

>There are enough people raping his ghost.

>He doesn't actually have a brilliant, calculated or even coherent plan

How do you know this?
Also does he really need a plan, its pretty blatantly established that he has a God complex and he wants to destroy humans with his own creation.
He sees himself the shaper of the next step of evolution.

Anyway the movie was well made and very entertaining. However im having more fun watching all the Alien autists crap their pants over how the alien was made.

Thats a rip off of John and his murderer Yoko

Of course he doesn't have a plan. He never had a plan. In Prometheus he was actuating Weyland's plan. Now he's off the map, just a crazy robot lurching from one decision to the next without imperative.

I think it's great.

dumbest person in the entire franchise coming through

agreed.

He also hates Cameron and Aliens for being better. That's why he stopped Neill Blomkamp Aliens followup.

noomie a cute

that's the joke, friendo

>le stupid humans

I ignore anyone that mentions this about characters. It's the weakest fucking critic ever.

>lol she slipped on a puddle of blood she's so dumb even though there's millions of trained soldiers that make military mistakes every fucking day and they aren't soldiers they are fucking ship screw retards they aren't even colonists. the colonists are in cryosleep

So let me get this straight, David created the aliens??? And Weyland created David, so they're actually the ones responsible and all this time they've just wanted their rightful property back?

>Yankee fucking cunt kills John
>other Yankee fucking cunts shift blame to his wife

>put the android back together that never harmed you ever
>he thanks you for doing so
>she's dumb for trusting the robot

Okay user.

that's not the interracial couple doing sex stuff in the shower while an alien is chasing them

Was the leak right? Did the film end with 90% of the crew being dead and them going "welp, lets go to where we were supposed to be going!" and then David replaces the other Android and shoots his load into the ships embryo stores?

DIRECT TO BLU-RAY AND 4K! IT'S GOT *ALL* THE SPECIAL FEATURES AND THE DIRECTOR'S CUT (WHICH IS THE TRUEST REPRESENTATION OF MY ARTISTIC VISION)!

THEY DIDN"T KNOW THE ALIEN WAS ON FUCKING BOARD HOLY FUCK

the prequels are ruining the old movies
I'm almost convinced Ridley is doing it on purpose

>there were fuckin spaceships that allowed the music to be fuckin louder than an actual danger signal

bravo ridley

Daily reminder that now Lance Henricksen is retconned out of being android Bishop, Michael Bishop II and Charles Bishop Weyland.

All because of Ridley's lucasesque hateboner for all things Alien that do not come from him only. Lance Henricksen is 77 now, and will probably die never appearing in one of his most iconic roles again.

Yes but not to ruin them. Just for money and relevance.

Since this is a trainwreak how Alien Awakening will fit into this?

If you think even civilians would make the same stupid decisions these characters make (like not wearing full body suits when trekking an alien ecosystem or bringing a crewman who's puking blood and bile back on the ship), maybe just stick to capeshit.

This is as obscene as Darth Vader being C-3PO's father. No thanks. Will not own.

It's a refreshing direction. Aliens = space marines = heroes = quips = capeshit. Aliens are no longer scary, so why make a movie that's been done to death?

Scott is giving us the films we didn't know we wanted. And maybe he will come back full circle and make a traditional Alien film for his finale.

I though Blomkamp was scrapped because of how obvious it became with Chappie that he's just another one trick pony.

>I'm almost convinced Ridley is doing it on purpose

He resents the legacy of the real creative mastermind behind Alien's success and iconic status.

>it's another Alien wipes out the entire space crew except one female character episode

>giving us the films we didn't know we wanted.
wew lad. text book 'sucker.'

>Daniels getting the ax whilst trying to stay ontop of the cargo ship
>David and Walter kissing out of nowhere
>David sexual flute playing telling Walter that he would 'do the fingering'
>Two women comically both slipping over on the same blood patch
>Dont worry captain just look into this alien egg, its perfectly safe XD

Did I miss any more meme moments?

"I'll tell Doolittle"

Once again it was the Jews and their Swiss allies who were behind everything

You are a fucking retard.The people who shit on this movie are all illiterate retards that think criticising trivial errors in a movie makes them intellectual critics.You cant even make a coherent argument without using retarded reddit memes.Fucking kill yourself low life piece of shit

It's not a great movie but you clearly haven't seen it.

reign that anger in. not even 10am.

Calm down Ridley

A rebuttal worthy of a master debater

chill out Ridley

Yeah. We'll have a good weekend user.

This guy knows what's up. Dan had the chance to beta-test Alien's story with Dark Star and then fine-tune it to perfection, that's why the characters in Alien are so fucking good.

Its half past 8 in the morning on a Saturday, what the fuck are you doing?!? Are you drunk and really high on cocaine like I am?

>engineers, Im PROMETHEUS

>everybody is an american
okay

>KILLED OFF SCREEN: the character

How about various crew sticking their faces into obvious alien spores and still going off alone when they already know they're in immediate mortal danger even in a group?

>gonna go clean up and stick my face in this alien water when I know this planet has a deadly pathogen
>gonna go off alone with this suspicious android when I already know one of my crew died from something he clearly feels an affinity for (not even gonna tell the others)
>gonna split when looking for the captain instead of just doing so in a group

I don't think the movie is even out yet in america so the americans discussing the movie are going off of a camrip or the wikipedia synopsis lmaoooo

>only the best drunk coked up fucks are American

A space axe part 2

>never harmed you ever
>purposefully infected your husband with a pathogen that horrifically mutated him and almost killed you too if you didn't have a surgery machine tear your insides up to get a squid monster out of you

why would they talk about something they didnt even watch then?what the fuck is wrong with amerisharts?

Man I can't wait for the next SIX of these fucking movies

thank you Ridley

Yes
It's a twist you see coming from a mile away because they use the old 'cut away from life-and-death struggle' cliche

The crew but not the colonists, thousands of whom remained in cryo and have no clue about all the alien shenanigans.

>yfw pic related was the better Alien film this year.

I got the gist from this very thread. I don't want to use autistic, because humans find spoilers annoying as well. Mom quit wrapping my presents when I was 10 and just asked what I wanted. Which is better than playing a guessing game and ultimately being disappointed anyway.

The only thing I liked in this movie

How the Xeno is the perfect life form for David ?
That Android is dumb, a xeno doesn't think and can't create, it's no more than a lion

M-muh perfect organism

The only stupid thing she did was taking David to the engineers home world and destroying an entire civilization, other than that, she had no option but to rely on David, she was stranded on that moon, she was going to that nevertheless.

you live in the year 2017 and you have never seen a character in a movie do something so stupid it destroyed your suspension of disbelief?
you're full of shit

Chill Ridley, what the fuk bro

Charles Bishop was shit and it was never canon, and Walter is clearly a homage to Bishop 1 but more autistic.

Aliens is no longer canon, Ridley? We'll see who has the last laugh.

this sounds autistic

he's just old and slowly losing his mind, you don't have to overthink it

>Aliens are no longer scary, so why make a movie that's been done to death?
good question. why did ridley scott do that?

Given how most of the newer characters are shit, I actively rooted for David to kill them. With the exception of Shaw, her getting facehugged off screen and dying at some point is shit. I know David's a nutbag,
but I didn't think he'd actually do anything to her considering she re-attached his fucking head.

This. Not lining up names with faces on covers is retarded. Why do people think the first one on the left is somehow better? Why is the left so overrated?

It's listed in order of who is first billed Captain Autismo.

But then the central character isn't in the centre of the image.

>David created the aliens?

What about the deacon in Prometheus? Isn't that a Xeno?

I have no idea why the Anderson one makes me laugh.

how the fuck is it "refreshing"?

it's the same shit. strong female lead, the same old alien scare cliches, corrupted android. filled with nods to the viewer from the original films. every movie has a new crew going to a planet with the aliens on, making the same mistakes and getting massacred with one or two survivors. it's about as formulaic as it gets, throwing a few vague philosphical lines in there isn't a significant change. the ending action sequence was about as "capeshit" as it gets, and david's whole character is literally just reusing quips from films and books he's consumed

I get the sense you're just being contrarian/baiting for the sake of it, but I'd like to hear specifically what you think is refreshing and new about this, given that most of the potentially refreshing and new things from prometheus were given up on completely

>Charles Bishop was shit and it was never canon

Agreed, but still Bishop I and Bishop II were the entrenched part of the universe, and now Ridley basically fucked Lance Henricksen out his legacy too.

>you don't have to overthink it
>observing what is happening is "overthinking"

Ok friendo it's not like Scott publicly said how mad he is at Cameron and everyone else but him doing Alien related things or anything

Couldn't have said it better myself.

THE ENTIRE REASON they didn't have traditional xenos and Alien eggs in Prometheus was because they'd been done to death for 35 fucking years.

The alien egg is now a jack in the box. We know what's going to happen and only a fucking child gets excited by it but that's who they made this piece of shit for.

>giving us the films we didn't know we wanted
Who wanted Prometheus or this shitpile?

yep, and he admitted himself that he only put the xenomorphs in this movie as fanservice due to the negative response to prometheus. given how much the xenomorphs were in this movie, and the fact it ended up having "alien" in the title which he made a point not to do with prometheus, it's kinda hard to think this had any integrity whatsoever.

too bad he didn't think about addressing the other more pressing complaints people had about prometheus

He has as much ambition as Weyland . That's where it comes from and why he's like that.

I know right. The queen alien finale in Aliens is one of the greatest things to happen to this franchise. Better than anything Ridley Scott has come up with since the original movie.

That was just fucking weird.

If you need to point to anything to show Ridley has lost his touch it's how fucking badly he concealed that "twist". There is not any point that he makes the audience believe it's NOT David and it goes on for like 20 minutes then the reveal happens like it's a shock.

you're thinking about it too much.

in reality he's just not that good a director or at least can't fulfil all the roles everyone wants him to meet

Time to climb that same bridge your brother did Ridley.

Except that is basically what happens.

Nobody gives a fuck about McBride and we knew David was going to survive because they saw him as the only bankable thing from Prometheus.

So is this still the best alien film of the 21st century

if he cared that much about being in control of everything, he wouldn't have outsourced blade runner 2049 to a director who's essentially threatening to takeover as the new popular sci-fi guy after arrival

besides I did hear an interview with ridley the other day, and iirc cameron's movie was the one sequel he actually liked (which is hardly an unpopular opinion)

the guy's just lost his touch

How did Walter lose to David?

Isn't he an upgrade?

Jim cameron ruined his legacy as well . Both titanic and avatar are dog shit

Very poor pacing, but yes.

do you understand what "legacy" means? people loved titanic and avatar

>in constant radio contact with the rest of the team
>decides to follow David who he just caught talking to an alien which just killed a crew member into the creepy basement and not tell anybody at any point what's happening

I choose that point in the movie for someone to claim Shaw (killed off screen for asking too many questions) was the dumbest character

>hollywoodreporter.com/news/ridley-scott-prometheus-alien-blade-runner-324779

>Scott told Fox Filmed Entertainment co-chairman Tom Rothman that he wished to revisit the territory that been under his skin since he was passed over for 1986's Aliens, the sequel that propelled James Cameron's career. "I was really pissed off, frankly," he says about the old wound.

Just saying. As for Blade Runner, maybe he doesn't have as much control over it as he does with Alien.

All of this could have been avoided if Prometheus just didn't take place in the same universe as Alien.

Lel, succ yourself, cuckstick.

Along with Dark Horse "Aliens: Citadel" comics, "Alien: Isolation" are the perfect example of Extended Universe entries being better than some canonical ones.