So Netflix's Voltron finally has a trailer that tells us something about the show

So Netflix's Voltron finally has a trailer that tells us something about the show
youtube.com/watch?v=NXW1waqRCb0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9wMd1OkXY
youtube.com/watch?v=SUOzPBD3F9c
youtube.com/watch?v=KHhWsRBdvLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like how their red ranger isn't going to be the main leader, a nice way to toy with roles

If you think Shiro is gonna live for more than 6 episodes, you've obviously not been paying attention to what genre this is.

But... But Josh Keaton

Getting some serious Korra vibes from the animation (guess it's a given, since this is Studio Mir doing it right?). Idk how I feel about the lions and Voltron themselves with the CGI but whatever. Also, no girl pilot? Seems weird for a Voltron show.

Dufe in blue is gonna die like i. The orginal probs

>Also, no girl pilot? Seems weird for a Voltron show.

people are saying Keaton's character is doomed

And that Pidge might be a reverse trap now. Which I am fine with as reverse traps are ALWAYS the best characters in their respective series.

Did you miss her uniform in OP's pic? Also, Pidge is new best girl, and RIP Shiro.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time either in fiction or in reality when a chick pretended to be a dude in order to get into the army

really their not-red-ranger could pass off as a chick too

Now I want an episode where because of plot reasons some of them have to cross dress, so he and Pidge wind up making the most convincing traps in the group

Wasn't that always the case with Voltron?

Anyway, those internal docking sequences makes me want to rewatch Gaogaigar.

>Gaogaigar
I'm still fucking pissed that the sequel to that show got cancelled because of a bunch of leaks. I wanted to see the team back together on earth again!

I'm just glad someone is making a fucking action cartoon.

I do not count those shitty disney marvel movie commercials.

Fuck, I didn't even know there was a sequel slated.

In Voltron the black lion was the leader

it's kind of been like 30 years since... This means if a chick takes Keaton's place then we could get a woman as the leader...

Yep, Mamoru and the white haired kid were supposed to pilot a robot and defend earth, but then some asshole leaked a bunch of concept arts and stuff when it was in early development so they scrapped the project

>but then some asshole leaked a bunch of concept arts and stuff when it was in early development so they scrapped the project
That seems like a whiny thing to do.

Only possible in Japan.

I get the feeling that Shiro is going to die Kamina style 11 episodes in and the whole not showing Keith much in the trailer is a fake out diversion on the part of the creators so we don't realize Keith is going to become the leader.

They did really show case Lance who I guess is supposed to be the comic relief. I do want to see what they do with Hunk though, seems like he could be fun. Its Netflix so any chance he ends up being the gay one? Pidge, I don't know. Be nice to see a little Izzy from digimon there.

the Korra comparison keeps getting made, though the humor seems more decisively avatar: the last airbender

that keeps getting said. No one can tell if Pidge is male or female. The original character was a bit confusing too. The creators refer to Pidge as a him in interviews, of course they might not want to give the secret away. There are women in the academy though, we can see them. His voice does seem very feminine. There is something being picked up by the internet for that theory to spread

>Sven dies
>Keith takes center stage

Why would they want to redo Voltron's plot? That would make it boring and predictable. I already like that the trailer make it seem that the show is focusing on Lance.

I don't think the 2d parts are gonna be heavily animated. Looks like it's gonna look like anime more than a cartoon.
Honestly if it puts more money to the 3d to make the fights look cooler I don't care.

They'd redo it because that's really the only story they can do if they want to reboot

I'm not sure if Lance is supposed to be the main character. The trailer makes him out to be. Interviews say otherwise. He's more like Sokka. he thinks he's awesome and super cool and acts seriousness when everyone knows how goofy he actually is.

What is the long term story here? Its not going to be episodic

I... I actually want this.

And the best part is you don't have to worry about cliffhangers and waiting a week for continuations. Netflix bingewatching is where it's at!

They'd redo it because it's been over thirty years since the original came out and hardly anyone who watches Netflix even remembers it very well.

I used to watch Voltron as a child but I forgot completly about it until this show come up and still the only thing I remember is Voltron getting served in Robot Chicken.

GET THIS FILMATION GARBAGE OUT OF MY INDUSTRY!

Thank you.

Just asking... but how can it be a "Original Series" when it is based off an older show?

Should be "A Netflix Unoriginal Series."

:D

Are you fucking retarded? The original pilots were all male until Sven died. The the princess became pilot of blue lion.

What about Rebels? This season was pretty good.

It forms the head.

You just have to deal with season ending cliffhangers and waiting half a year for conclusions.
Even Dreamworks' entirely episodic comedies have abrupt drama bomb cliffhanger season finales, so don't think it won't happen

>this is Studio Mir doing it right?
Literally the first thing I thought when I saw the first five seconds of the trailer. Any confirmation on this?

Yellow suit looks like Bolin and Korra's love child.

Never mind, it's there in the Wiki article.
>Voltron: Legendary Defender is an upcoming American animated television series produced by DreamWorks Animation and World Events Productions and animated by Studio Mir.

Yes, it was confirmed that Dreamworks and Mir we're teaming up to make something for Netflix long before it was even clear what.

Shame he's not as svelte as his folks were in their heyday. Or maybe he's strongfat.

>evil Cree Summer voice

YES

My dick is so excited

I'm getting strong Thundercats vibes from this. So expect a good pilot and shit everything else.

Everyone will be extra tense whenever Sven is in a dangerous situation in the new show because of this.

Will the new show spend time on what mice of the castle are doing? Always thought that was weird.

If the new show is shit if it doesn't recreate this scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9wMd1OkXY

Subs>Bad Dubs>Bad Subs>>>>>>"Good Dubs"

Did the original Voltron aired on [as]?

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=SUOzPBD3F9c

>I want to help, you can't stop me
>walks right in, bends and her and goes to town on that ass
The royal help don't mess around

They really should've given Voltron hands. The would only retract when the pilots go in to bite their opponents as an attack.

Lance looks a lot like Kai from Gundam.

I think the appeal of Voltron is that he has cat heads for hands, feet and head.

>all that super generic dialogue
I was half expecting a AND PROM IS TOMORROW!

Its next week loser!

>all that super generic dialogue
Yep this was definitely made by the Avatar team

>They really should've given Voltron hands.
Keep tallkin' stupid shit like that and see what happens, chump. Better watch yourself.

THANKS FOR REMINDING ME INEVITABLY BLACK GANG MEMBER

Why so many niggers and shitskins?

At least the princess is cute

Some are at best, Tan.

Was Voltron ever famous in America?

This is the other Netflix mecha series:
youtube.com/watch?v=KHhWsRBdvLk

Well, they have exclusive worldwide streaming rights for it.

I guess mecha is now in again.

japs scratch their heads on why westerners like a run of the mill mecha anime from the 80's so much

They also made sidonia and put up cyborg vs devilman

There is some /m/an at netflix pushing this shit hard

The animation is crap, the voice acting sucks and most of the characters seem annoying. Not looking forward to this at all.

Any release date for this or Voltron?

>The animation is crap, the voice acting sucks and most of the characters seem annoying
So its just like the original

The appeal is that V's a giant robot made of cats.

Damn they made Pidge cute.

Kuromukuro is already at episode six or something.

Will anyone be shirtless?

The Princess' voice is easily the most annoying thing I've heard in a cartoon in years.

God I hate it.

Voltron is June 10.
Then a new season of King Julien is the week after. Maybe some other shows will follow.
They like to clump releases like that.

Alright I'll count that. But I'm glad someone's doing an action cartoon with traditional animation.

Is this your first trailer?

Pretty sure there was one at the end when they were all standing together. So she'll be like their green ranger

Which is funny, considering Gundam is hardly ever brought over to the US because they don't think it'll be popular.

Are we not gonna talk about just how brown Alura is? And she's got elf ears. I'm not sure my dick will survive this ordeal.

>Are we not gonna talk about just how brown Alura is?
We already have. Several times. Nobody seems to have anything substantial to say beyond "muh dick", and "Yep. Allura sure is a black elf now. That's a thing.".

And that's because there's nothing to say. Nobody really cares.

They ruined Allura's character. It's going to be shit.

How? In that trailer, she had like two lines, and did nothing but exposit to the team about Voltron.

We haven't actually seen her character yet. Calm your ass down.

we're simply waiting for the r-18 art to burst out

But we have and they've changed her character to be a carbon copy of Korra, who wasn't good, and removed the better original character.

They are trying to make her Korra and it's going to suck.

I won't need to know anything about what it's based on to watch this, right?

>They are trying to make her Korra

lol

It's a sequel to Voltron Force.

>they've changed her character to be a carbon copy of Korra
Yeah, she sure comes off as brash and cocky. The fuck are you talking about?

Seriously, where are you getting this from?

It's obvious from her design and actions in the trailer.

>design
>brown=Korra
You're an idiot.

>actions in the trailer
The aforementioned exposition? Yes, standing around explaining things with holograms. Classic Korra.

I repeat, you're an idiot. Stop talking before you embarrass yourself further.

They did say they were going to make her a strong independent female character like Korra

Actually you're the idiot. The only reason they made Allura like that was to get the Korra crowd to watch.

>like Korra
Nigga, did you see the original show? She's one of the heroes, and is active in the war as one of the pilots.

What evidence do you have of that aside from the contents of your own ass?

>What evidence do you have of that aside from the contents of your own ass?
Everything released about her screams Korra.

Hopefully she doesn't get brutally traumatized at the end of every season like Korra does.

Allura is a pretty strong female character as is. I see no reason to make her more like Korra.

I wonder if the show will borrow from Voltron Force at all. I really liked the other center lions. Still upset the toys didn't get made.

>I see no reason to make her more like Korra.
It's to get the Korra people to watch it.

the show isn't even out yet
why do you feel the need to do this

Character designer said it was for diversity, same with the rest being brownish.

But she was the only white person in the first place. The rest are Japanese who just look white because it's anime.

He died in Golion and was replaced by his twin brother

In Voltron he was just off planet recuperating for a long long while