ABC rejects Most Wanted

Marvel absolutely BTFO today

spoilertv.com/2016/05/marvels-most-wanted-passed-on-by-abc.html

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/tv/news/marvels-most-wanted-cancelled-abc-1201773441/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably for the best. Unless they were gonna be chasing down bizarre supervillains there'd be no reason for it to exist.

B-but muh daysifu is okay, right?

Not like Marvel tv shows are MCU canon anyway

I can't say I'm very sad. What would this show bring to the table that AoS doesn't?

Good, they already support two Marvel flop series. Three would be too much.

Didn't this happen before already? Give up, AoS can BARELY sustain itself.

GOOD

Marvel can't get blown out by itself. Disney owns ABC and Marvel. If the heads at Disney deem Most Wanted an unprofitable venture than Marvel doesn't lose anything, they just have to try again. Besides, between Luke Cage in post production, Iron Fist in production, Defenders, Cloak and Dagger and Punisher in pre-production and ongoing production on shows like the Avengers and Spiderman cartoons as well as Agents of Shield, I'm pretty sure Marvel's TV department isn't hurting for work.

Mockingtits and Limeyward come back to AoS
>all is well

Only one. Agent Carter got cancelled.

down to one now

Does that mean they just got rid of Hunter and Bobbi for no reason?

Yes.

Yeah, pretty much. They'll probably bring them back awkwardly next season.

DC tv domination baby

>supergirl get season 2
>most wanted and peggy carter are canned

Yep. Most Wanted was considered a solid pickup when the pilot got the greenlight. Agent Carter tanked in the ratings during Season 2. Agents of SHIELD has struggled to get viewers to come back to the timeslot when Carter ended. While SHIELD will get another season, Most Wanted got the ax.

John Ridley's own MCU project is also likely not to happen now with American Crime getting renewed for a third season despite the ratings not being there.

>Hey guys, how did you supersecret mission go?
>It was a bust, anyway, what are we, the Agents of SHIELD doing today?

fuck off with this shit meme

Something besides barely disguised X-Men plots starring Inhumans?

Is there any proof to the contrary in the MCU?

GOOD.

>What would this show bring to the table that AoS doesn't?
It was basically Mr & Mrs Smith the TV show with Dominic Fortune added as their boss.

Civil War uses the "ready to comply" brainwashing from Agents of Shit.

none of their shows is actually good, even Daredevil got kind of negative reviews this season.

Does this mean that we can have Wonder Woman again?

>Casting Dominic Fourtune as a black guy to pander to SJW

Good thing this got canceled, also does Marvel not know that there are more then 2 races in the world?

I hadn't even heard of this, what was it? A spinoff from AOS?

No thank you.

Only because of SJW Elecktra

You're lucky that Flash is still going. It's bound to be canceled when the movie is ready to come out just like Suicide Squad, err. Taskforce X was taken off of Arrow already

Good, this was a stupid idea. Keep them on SHIELD, they already work well there.

Now we can have Hunter and Hellfire exchanging bantz like no one else

Well, unlike the sweet numerically countable collection of profits from said shows, their quality is subjective.

So what now? Will they come back to Agents of SHIELD?

>also does Marvel not know that there are more then 2 races in the world?
Well let's see, how many asian women are on AoS? Two. How many black men have they killed off? About to be 3. They have all of three hispanics in the MCU and two are already dead...

Yes, it was already declined once. Someone at Marvel has really wanted a Mockingbird show for years, though, and wouldn't give up on it. Remember that Agents of SHIELD took part of its premise from an even earlier Mockingbird pitch. They should have just been content getting her onto that show, because now it's all fucked and she isn't on anything.

Mockingbird and her britbong bf got fired from Shield for political reasons so were gonna go off and do their own thing, yeah.

If the Red Sonja show Bryan Singer is rumored to be working on turns out to be legit I think she'd make a good Sonja.

Doppelgangers. I mean, LMDs.

I don't see why not, though it's up to the powers that be. SHIELD is pretty crowded right now. Maybe they could just do guest appearances every once in a while.

To be fair, when you have one of the highest grossing films of all time, would you really give much of a shit?

>Character is female.
>Must be sjw bullshit.
Get fucked.

>Marvel cancels Agent Carter, whose last season seemed to indicate a fall in quality
>Marvel aborts the Most Wanted for not being good enough
>Marvel keeps SHIELD which has been increasing in quality

Seems to me like they just got some standards.

>Maybe they could just do guest appearances every once in a while.
"Man I wish we could tell you about all the cool missions we've been on, but..." *looks at the camera*

When people ask why the TV show characters can't show up in the movies, this is why. TV is too unstable.

That doesn't make any sense.

It's a persistent universe. Their characters still exist.

I'm talking about in terms of changing a characters ethnicity, It's always Black

I'm legitimately upset. I just wanted more MCU. I wanted a diversified portfolio of a universe. Now it'll just be movies and the same one show. And Netflix.

I don't know what they expected, this was a spinoff nobody wanted.

SURE LET'S BLAME FELICITY FOR THIS TOO EVEN THOUGH SHE ISN'T A MARVEL CHARACTER WHATEVER FUCK THIS

sadly some people can't stand female characters anymore without getting triggered and screaming 'SJW PANDERING!". People around here kept talking about how the SW was pandering because of Rey and FINN

There's always the future. Who knows what we'll be getting by the time phase 4 rolls around.

Also, whatever happened to Damage Control? That's still a thing right?

>another Marvel show with a female main character
Thank fuck it didn't get picked up.

I didn't care that he was made black, but Delroy Lindo being the actor picked was a big part of that. I don't mind this if the actor chosen has some serious talent.

>They should have just been content getting her onto that show, because now it's all fucked and she isn't on anything.
Yeah. Reach exceeds their grasp, folly of man etc

Don't get triggered too badly, dear.

They just finished filming the movie so not a chance in hell since WB thinks people will be confused and scared by having two different versions of a character at once.

It received a pilot commitment, but I haven't seen any casting news still. Ben Karlin is in charge of it.

Probably not now that DC stole the idea for a show not taking place in either DC live action universe. Faggots. All of them.

what you mean the Work Place comedy one?>

Is this even an actual source? It's not showing up on google.

Why don't they make shows about characters people actually care about? Same for DC

Exactly, they shouldn't be mad because Rey is a woman. They should be mad that she's a Mary Sue that has virtually nothing to do with the story of the movie. It's Finn's movie not hers. He's the one whose actions drive the plot forward and lead to the destruction of the starkiller. She's just around being perfect the whole movie.

Actually, we're getting Cloak and Dagger, so we're gonna have one show about secret agents, and one show about a superhero duo, instead of 2 or 3 shows about Agents, so we actually are getting more variety.

Yes. Essentially the same concept. Granted one is an insurance company and the other is a cleanup crew, they're both office style comedies based on the aftermath of superheroics.

I think he's referring to the fact that Supergirl was renewed but moved to CW and Felicity will ruin everything.

lol wrong the backlash from DD S2 being dogshit hurt them

Yeah, Powerless. The script seemed kind of funny, but it will sink or swim based on the delivery of the actors.

I didn't see any negative reviews. This season was better than the first.

>DD S2
damn this is a hot new meme I haven't heard about yet

That almost seems like it puts it in a divergent timeline. "Stark Tower Ruined". It was damaged, but it was still standing, and the next we see of it, it's a refurbished Avengers Tower. Whereas in Daredevil, they never show it. It might as well have been completely destroyed. In addition, Pic related makes it seem as if the battle killed hundreds of people, Whereas Civil War establishes it killed 74.

I cannot care about any of the marvel shows outside of netflix. I don't even watch agents of shield, why would I watch a spinoff?

marvels least wanted

But their stories can end prematurely.

They're not dead.

It's hung up because it was a major story for them and event in history

That one there can easily be retconned as media being misinformed/ trying to make nice headlines

I like Agents of SHIELD even, but I cannot see those two being able to carry a show on their own. What made Mockingtits and Limey Ward good for me was how they fit into the cast and played off people.

>In addition, Pic related makes it seem as if the battle killed hundreds of people, Whereas Civil War establishes it killed 74.
Consider how much the death toll for 9/11 changed between seeing the buildings go down day of and then a year later when we know the towers were at least partially cleared

74 civilians. That doesn't include any cops or firefighters.

Here you go senpai

variety.com/2016/tv/news/marvels-most-wanted-cancelled-abc-1201773441/

But look who published that paper. It's the New York Bulletin. And everybody knows the Bulletin is a sensationalist rag. It'd be one thing if a paper with a positive background like the Bugle had posted those numbers bug the fucking Bulletin? In the words of Flavor Flav, can't trust it.

>being this badly triggered

I know neo Sup Forums tries its best to avoid being called Tumblr as much as possible, but there is literally nothing wrong with a show with a female lead providing she is a decent character and not a Mary Sue

marvel already said that everything takes place in the same universe so get over it already

Turns out "muh feminist icon" and mediocre non stories didn't take.

And Agents of SHIELD shows they can even un-Mary Sue the female lead if needed

Please post proof

Hunter was a nice breath of fresh air at times, but when they felt forced to have him do something besides complaining and bitching it was more cumbersome than funny.

Mockingtits did nothing May can't do.

To be honest, Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter are enough as non-Netflix tv series. Was never interested in Most Wanted and even that planned clean-up crew spinoff (which sounds horrible).

I really enjoy Agent Carter, I just wish they looked at more golden-age stuff like the Hammond Human Torch.

Sensationalism, man.

>Marvel keeps SHIELD which has been increasing in quality

>standards

>Peggy is dead
>now her show is too
rip moocow

Well, baby steps.

This season was definitely better than Carter's and whatever shit they were planning with Most Wanted.

Heck, it's been better than the Flash for most of the season.

season 2 and 3 have been pretty good

>source: my ass

Fuck that, I want them to fill in the blanks between 1945 and Iron man.

I want a show set in the 60's or 70's in the style of a show from the time, but done in a modern way.

If we weren't already getting Luke Cage series I'd want one set in the 70's. Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Blacksplotaion Kung Fu

That would be tight as fuck.

AoShit fags BTFO!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't going to be canon anyway, nothing of value was lost.

I don't watch the show, but apparently the Helicarrier that Nick Fury pulled out of his ass in AoU came from AoS.

Not even suprised to see shit opinions like this from people that think Bendis is a god