Only leddit fags would agree

bamp for great justice!

Better than TDK 2bh

no, the dark knight is great, Begins and Rises are "good"

All 3 are kino, it's the perfect trilogy

Batman Begins>The Dark Knight>The Dark Knight Rises

>Batman Begins>The Dark Knight
explain

Batman versus Taken in an all out battle for the city of Chicago.

Batman Begins does kinda rip off the Dreams in Darkness BTAS episode though

It's very good. It's unfortunate that redditors and normies completely overrate TDK.

Batman Begins is better than The Dark Knight. You're welcome.

>Dreams in Darkness
Which kinda rips off the Batman comic books though

What about Batman Begins makes it a better film than The Dark Knight? Please give a detailed answer that will compel me to ever watch BB again.

>Batman comic books
Those rip off my life

Nah, I'm good. I don't care what you watch or don't watch.

So you're just a retarded contrarian. Got it.

Cool projection, bro

TDK has great production and Heath ledger is awesome but the film is shit. It's poorly written, poorly directed and has no real story. Eg. The joker is only a genius because the script tells him to be. We never see him make decisions and do anything that makes us see him in this light. If he were a shit actor or if you put any thought into the writing, the film falls apart.

Just take a peak at that cast, it negates a possibly bad movie

Defend Meme Man's performance as Batman

Thats bait, user.

Certainly much better than its sequels.

This. Bane was 10000000x more memorable than The Joker, and TDKR had better setpieces than TDK.

Nah, it was a struggle to watch. Also having that fuck faced actor as that literally who batman villain...

Childhood nostalgia, you underage fag

>Childhood nostalgia
TDKR came out in 2012.

It's well made. The themes, at the time, were pretty powerful enough since most feared the unknown or feared in general post 9/11. Nolan's use of non-linear to tell the childhood of Bruce leading up to his training with Ra's beats Inception's use or even Man of Steel. I would consider Batman Begins to be Nolan's second to last well made film. The other being The Prestige.

Absolute perfect taste. Nolan had a steep drop in quality after TDK, with that being the first lackluster film he did. It seems like the bigger the budget he's given, the more all over the place and thinly spread his films are.

The Dark Knight Rises > The Dark Knight > Batman Begins

The whole concept of the Three Heroes vs The Joker was well written imo, though. Batman and Gordon were on the side of order, whereas The Joker represented chaos. Harvey was the wild card and, since Gordon sacrificed himself and couldn't be persuaded to join the Joker because he is a good cop, the Joker tested and successfully pushed Harvey down to the Joker's level. It sets the third act up pretty well since the Joker had Harvey should he fail.

Explain how TDK is lackluster. Don't be vague about it either.

>le ebin qurky voice guy is more memorable than one of the best acting performances of all time
Kill yourself

>one of the best acting performances of all time
lmfao, but seriously this is an 18+ website, you need to leave

Exactly, being contrarian is fun, but if you can't admit that Heath's Joker was a masterclass in acting, then you just don't know film.

Why did he talk like Count Dracula from Sesame Street?

Literally every single critic agreed with that statement.

>movie dosnt have a big guy
>great
Pick one.

I would say that TDK represented Nolan's mastery of plot driven blockbusters. He is second to none when it becomes to big sprawling movies with a number of interweaving characters and plots. TDK's story threads hold together nowadays, whereas TDKR collapses under its own weight and, at times, general lazy stupidity. I will agree that post-TDKR, Nolan needs to thoroughly check his own screenplays and streamline any mess. Interstellar, imo, was his worst movie he has made so far in his career. What was more of a streamlined, scientific Spielberg film turned into a movie that had no clue on what it wanted to achieve. The warm heartfelt father-daughter story (Nolan's own idea) clashed hard with Nolan's often cold emotionless directing.

Like I said, thinly spread and all over the place. Too bloated and held together by a flimsy script that takes itself too seriously. Batman Begins had a level of camp that made it feel like a comic book movie. Tdk tried too hard to be Heat that it forgot about Batman and Nolan forgot he can't direct action scenes for shit

>thinly spread and all over the place. Too bloated and held together by a flimsy script that takes itself too seriously.
Explain please. I'm not trying to push your buttons I'd just love to read a critique with weight behind it instead of your posts that are on the level of "it's X because I say it's X".

Yea

Explain why it's universally critically loved then.

>Tdk tried too hard to be Heat that it forgot about Batman
I really think Nolan has autism. He was scared to correct Bale's hilarious acting as Batman so in the sequels he avoided the character as much as possible. Maybe that's not the real reason, but shoot me if my analysis doesn't make sense.

>Nolan forgot he can't direct action scenes for shit
That and also romance. Though I would say that the romance in Inception worked better than the family love drama in Intersellar because Nolan is more of a backseat, documentary director imo. If that makes sense.

Nigga, I'm giving you reasons, what else do you want? Tdks script fails basic screenwriting 101 by beating the audience over the head with every theme it presents. It's literally all tell, don't show. We're never given a reason why anything is happening, it just is because the joker is le batman's antithesis. It's presented with confidence and emotion so on a visceral surface level it works but once you begin analysing shit like the tunnel truck chase, jokers actual character, and the contradictory philosophy, it breaks apart. I don't even blame Nolan for that, I fully blame that piece of human garbage David Goyer. He is one of hollywoods worst working writers now and that's made evident by his attempts at filmmaking and Man of Steel's script.

David Goyer had nothing to do with the actual script. He and Nolan worked out the story, while Chris and his brother Jonathan worked on the script.

Interesting points, but could you elaborate more regarding the Joker's character and the contradictory philosophy?

If that's the actual case then I don't know what the fuck happened with Chris and Jonathan because their previous scripts together were God-tier like Memento and The Following. Either way, they hit a slump with the writing of TDK, whether it was too many cooks in the kitchen or just losing sight of the themes or because they wanted to focus on direction rather than writing, I don't know but my points still stand. And I still hate David S Goyer

To be as concise about it as possible so I don't ramble, Joker's philosophy is all about nihilistic chaos where nothing has any meaning and everything and anyone can be corrupted by chaos but that's fucking bullshit and contradicted by Joker himself by obviously planning out everything in the film. Having a huge convoluted plan of getting arrested so he can be put in the same cell as Lao so he could get close to him by planting a random thug with a cellphone bomb in his stomach and blah blah blah.

Point is, that takes a HUGE amount of planning and some form of order to get that shit done. The reason why I feel like it doesn't work is because I never got the feeling in Batman comics outside of a few one off stories and personal interpretations that Joker is just some chaotic mess. He's known as the Clown Prince of Crime, not Nihilistic Chaos Man. They tried to put their own spin on his character which I appreciate but it doesn't work with the way the story plays out and is a direct contradiction of the entire point they're trying to make. I honestly believe it was saved solely by Ledger's performance and the hype surrounding his death. I think that's made evident by the fact that a huge amount of people (I won't necessarily say most) thought The Dark Knight was the first Batman since the Schumacher ones

I see what you mean and I will agree then. The whole "he wanted me to lock him in the MCU" to get close to Lou was a very, very lucky, almost too convenient chance the Joker played, but don't you think that under the incredible amount of pressure and stress Gordon and the cops were under, the Joker's overall plan wasn't too far fetched? He played to their weaknesses and believed they would screw up. Or am I reading too far into this?

I don't know. It isn't Bane's overall plan of injecting someone's blood into another person in order to trick forensics. Now that's stupid.

No, but I do want to clarify that just because his plan is far fetched doesn't make it bad. It's the fact that he has a plan at all that completely contradicts his stated philosophy and ideals.

Basically, they wrote his dialogue out and the way characters react to him as if he were this loose cannon criminal that no one can understand or wrap their heads around but his actions are written as if his motivations were right out of the comics.

Joker's had plenty of storylines where he creates these elaborate plans to destroy, weaken, or psychologically torment Batman, that's what I think makes him an interesting villain. Not that he's some fucking film student's "two sides of the same coin" dichotomy that's been played to death. That's PART of what makes the Joker a great villain but the primary conflict has always been Batman's struggle with something he feels he in essence created and is nearly powerless to stop despite all his efforts. If you're familiar with the Arkham games, you should know what I mean. That's why I feel even Burton's original was closer to Joker's real motivations and character.

I'm not that user, but half of Batman is the atmosphere, and Begins perfected how dark and dingy Gotham is, whereas The Dark Knight was Batman visits Toronto.

I'd say it's a matter of opinion, I loved the Joker, but Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow are some of my favourite villains, Katie Holmes was a better Rachel, and Gotham felt like Gotham, and Batman's voice wasn't as bad.

>This movie is great.
Katie Holmes practically ruins the movie. Not that there aren't things to like but it definitely makes it less than great

This. TDK has some good scenes here and there but it's 80 percent boring nothingness.

The scarecrow bits managed to be a bit spoopy the first time. Other than that, it was mediocre as fuck

I agree a lot.

>Gotham felt like Gotham
This.

BB is the better Batman film
TDK is the better film overall.

That character and the romance should have been dropped. Harvey Dent should have been in it.

BB > TDK > TDKR

Saying TDKR was better than anything is just being a contrarion faggot

It was average.

TDK had some laughably bad dialogue, only thing that comes close to being as bad in BB is Katie Holmes garbage performance

What is wrong with her? I remember her being decent in the movie, nothing spectacular but not bad.

TDK was cringe worthy.

Bane > Joker
TDKR > TDK

I just want a movie with Scarecrow as the main villain, he's such an underrated enemy.

I think you might have missed the point a bit user, and this is coming from someone who fucking HATES TDK. BB>TDK by far.

But in TDK, the whole point is Joker is revealed to not be true chaos. Hell, Harvey is more of a chance factor and you can see Joker admire it and like the thrill of it, but like you said, at the end of the day he's still doing manufactured plans. This is most evident though when the plan with the boats fails, and he gets visibly frustrated. If he truly enjoyed chaos he would find a way to roll with that, but his whole plan hinged on it, no chaos at all, and his frustration betrays his hypocrisy.

That's the point where you are SUPPOSED to see his whole chaotic nature is a sham.

Granted, still a bit of a messy script in regards to him letting Harvey flip the coin for his life and not have an ulterior PLAN since that's really all he is about in the movie, plans. Right up to having Rachel die instead of Dent, cause he saw through who Batman would actually try to save. (if i'm remembering correctly and it was Joker who reversed the locations)

He's cool and handsome. But I don't think he would work like a main villain.

He was the villain in Batman Begins wasn't he?

but the main villian was Ra's al ghul