Alien: Covenant critical reception

Well, now that over 100 reviews are up I think it's safe to say Alien: Covenant is going to be certified fresh. The critical consensus seems to be it's flawed but better than Prometheus. Is it better than Prometheus, Sup Forums?

Yes, but that's not saying much.

I would say only bother watching it if you see it in IMAX. There's not really much there besides the visuals.

>Is it better than Prometheus, Sup Forums?

Yes but I liked Prometheus anyway
I think 6.3 average rating is about right, most people wont find this anything new but its a solidly entertaining sci- fi movie.

Who gives a shit about RT? It's a jewish invention made to control a narrative that lets Hollywood keep making remakes, reboots and sequels.

I'm just using it to show that most critics like Alien: Covenant.

Scores literally don't matter. Only the money does. Prometheus made a lot of money despite not having Zeno action, so I imagine Covenant does just as well if not better.

Get out legitimately had more tension than this movie.

worst Alien movie i ever seen, Premetheus is godlike compared to this piece of trash

>Alien: Resurrection
>Alien vs. Predator
>Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
Come on, it can't possibly be worse than those pieces of trash.

nigga what? the visuals are fucking shit. Prometheus was fucking gorgeous, this is a bunch of CGI over a landscape

Take it you've never seen the now dated jumpscare flick, Alien?

This is some really awful bait. The original Alien is a masterpiece that has aged like wine. Even James Cameron fanboys who think Aliens is better will admit that Alien is good.

How do people have opinions like this? Prometheus was CGI over landscape too. did we watch different movies?

Prometheus looked really alien. Covenant looked like Earth.

Alien: Isolation is the 3rd best Alien movie, prove me wrong.

>planetoid looks like planetoid
>life sustaining planet looks like life sustaining planet.
what's the problim?

>average rating 6.3/10

the fucking problem is that Alien is supposed to be about the dangers of what wanders in space and everything we don't know. Aesthetics should be alien-like, not remind us of Earth. It takes away from the atmosphere and makes it far less scary

Not only is it worse than Prometheus, it is worse than 3, Resurrection and AvP1. It was better than AvPR, but that's like saying cow shit is better than horse shit.

> cgi aliens chasing crew duh

Prometheus was eye candy and was master crafted, had also good actors.
Covenant was "le progressive" bullshit.

cgi alien is better than the floppy costumes in Aliens

I hated how the whole plot hinged on everyone being complete retards.

Prometheus has a 72 on the tomato meter and a fucking 6.9 score so according to RT Prometheus is actually considered better overall rating wise

>Average Rating: 6.3

Prometheus is the better movie
Covenant is the better flick

So is Ghostbusters

RT score doesn't mean shit

Well, it's a pretty shitty game, so if that's true, video games have now become generally more better than movies. Prove me wrong.

>75%
>6.3/10
Holy shit just shut that shit down, both are twice what they should be

>Alien > Aliens > POWER GAP > Covenant > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Resurrection

>worse then Alien 3

I don't think it's possible to be that boring of a sci-fi movie

ahahahaha how can the lorefags possibly ever recover from this?

It's fresh because there's a couple of gays on a mission that they don't belong in.

Their gayness was almost completely cut from the movie though

>RT? It's a jewish invention
Did you...Lol. so embarrassed for you.

Someone link me to that mark kermode thread from yesterday

probably by giving it a pass?

And niggers and a strong woman that need no man

kill yourself already

Who cares what some faggots think about it?
Do you let everyone else dictate your opinion?
I thought it was garbage, and that the franchise has been butchered, so stick that where the sun doesnt shine, shill.

>alien 3
>boring

Go back to PIUU PIUU BOOOM! vietnam in space shit.

ranting about unrelated things. There's a public library somewhere waiting for you.