What's Sup Forums's stance on domestic violence?

Is it ever okay for couples to hit each other? Will it lead to excessive violence? Will pent up anger result in more serious crimes? How does a person deal with a violent vengeful spouse?

Other urls found in this thread:

winteryknight.com/2013/11/18/domestic-violence-rates-are-higher-for-homosexual-couples-than-for-heterosexual-couples/
opdv.ny.gov/professionals/abusers/genderandipv.html
youtube.com/watch?v=O-75QD4n93M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your wife should be afraid to hit you, but you shouldn't be afraid to hit her. But also:

>show restraint when exercising your great power

If couples cant manage with minor violence then they are 4000x more likely to have their relationship end in divorce. Bumps and scrapes are part of being human.

That said if the bitch pulls a knife on you then you smack that bitch until she needs medical attention and dump her stuff on the street. Risk of serious injury and death is way over the line.

As a man you are basically fucked unless the woman you're living with decides to attack you right in front of the cops. If you must, grapple them and drag them to the ground or something, but if you leave any mark you are just fucked.

I've heard horror stories of men having their wives kick them in the head and give them concussions and the police take the man away to jail.

It can be justified, but it isn't a good thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Domestic violence isn't okay, regardless of who initiates it, man or woman. A man who wrongfully hits a woman is scum. A woman who wrongfully hits a man, thinking he can't hit her back because he will be the bad guy, is also scum.

My ex tried to hit me. I gripped her wrists and held her arms at her side and yelled at her until she stopped struggling and began crying hysterically. Yup

feet shoulder width apart and drive from the legs.

In no relationship is hitting in anger healthy, except boxing and maybe hockey.

My relationship got a lot better when I began punishing my girlfriend physically for breaking rules I set up.

Now the household is peaceful and she seems happier, as am I. Right or wrong I don't know, take it as you will, but it seemed to help me.

>Is it ever okay for couples to hit each other?
Only when it's done so playfully it wouldn't hurt a baby.

>How does a person deal with a violent vengeful spouse?
Divorce/break up.

>Risk of serious injury and death is way over the line
Women are far more at risk of being killed/maimed/beaten/seriously injured than men are with women.

It's one of the best arguments against lesbian "marriages."

In UAE, if you EVER EVER, hit your wife or even touch her aggressively, you can go to jail up to 2 years, or if its THAT serious, you can be executed.

>Women are far more at risk of being killed/maimed/beaten/seriously injured than men are with women.
So what? As long as there is restraint then neither party is at risk.
If the woman tries to run you down in the car the only difference is her lack of driving skills.

>Women are far more at risk of being killed/maimed/beaten/seriously injured than men are with women.

What are you basing this off of? A woman can easily grab a knife or a vase and fuck you up.

>physical altercation
>in a relationship

If this happens you're probably doing it wrong. Even stable couples argue sometimes, but in what sort of functioning relationship would people be hitting eachother?

Also, hitting back will probably give her the means to fuck you over real badly if she felt so inclined. Wrestle her to the ground or something

>So what?
Women have more of a reasonable concern against men than men do against women.

>As long as there is restraint
There's shouldn't be restraint, there should be understanding and putting yourself in her shoes. No need for restraint when you're not getting angry because you have no reason to get angry in the first place.

>What are you basing this off of?
Physical domestic violence statistics.

King Terenas pls go

Strange that you mention that, the only statistics I can seem to find point to women who are lesbian as actually suffering from greater domestic violence than women who are in heterosexual relationships.

winteryknight.com/2013/11/18/domestic-violence-rates-are-higher-for-homosexual-couples-than-for-heterosexual-couples/

So post them.

If you literally don't interact physically then it's just going to cause mental stress. Mental stress reduces trust and reduced trust causes women to think they are justified with taking half your wealth.
Having no physical interactions outside of lust ruins relationships.

>A woman can easily grab a knife or a vase and fuck you up
Everytime I heard of something like that it was a woman acting in self-defense against someone who abused her regularly. Do you have something against self-defense?

> >How does a person deal with a violent vengeful spouse?
>Divorce/break up.
if only it were that simple. A female freind of mine cheats on, keeps going back to, and refuses to leave her bf who has been hitting her for as long as shes been with him the past 10 years. Not just women, but men are guilty of this too. It's from a fear of loneliness but an obsession with how a person looks.

>Everytime I heard of something like that it was a woman acting in self-defense against someone who abused her regularly.

Lorena Bobbitt cut off her husband's penis while he was asleep because she said herself she wasn't satisfied sexually.

>If you literally don't interact physically then it's just going to cause mental stress
If you feel the need to beat up a woman just because you're stressed, that woman is better off without you. You're a threat to her well-being.

>Having no physical interactions outside of lust ruins relationships
Beating up your spouse ruins relationships too.

opdv.ny.gov/professionals/abusers/genderandipv.html

1 case so unusual it was deemed sensationalist vs thousands of everyday cases of men abusing women that are so common they aren't newsworthy but just a bunch of number on statistics.

>Not laughing together while hugging on the coach after having a scuffle.
>Not having 4 children and 20 years of marriage.
Why do you even bother living? To white knight on the internet? Your opinion is the greatest risk to women.

>Women’s attempts to dominate men are much more likely to fail, because “…sexual discrimination allows men privileged access to the material and social resources needed to gain advantage in power struggles.”

Utter bullshit. That's the opposite of how it works.

But what about your other 3 wives?

Never hit a woman unless it is in necessary self-defense. Girls shouldn't hit boys either.

You hit her? She maybe just seems happier because she is too scared to start conflicts with you.

Spanking of ones wife does not constitute a crime, it can instead be good, it is also very different from spanking a child.

Spank your wife's ass when she become too hysterical, then you can have a more sane talk with her and also give her some physical comfort.

>Not laughing together while hugging on the coach after having a scuffle
Is this what abusers think happens after you beat up someone? What really happens is tears and pain and mistrust and hatred and suffering and eventual breaking up.

>Not having 4 children and 20 years of marriage
Only with someone who never hits me. Not with someone who thinks he's entitled to hurt me.

Haha thats for the super rich sheikhs. Most have 1 wife.

"I'm going to be arrested, have all my wordly goods taken away from me and probably raped in prison because I think I'm so tough for knocking around my gf": The Post.

>tfw the madmen are running the asylum....

She has an enormous skull.

God damn I love Islam.

and I don't mean spanking while you are fucking her, but as discipline

cops are fucking cucks in these situations and will always side with the woman. best to just leave if the argument escalates. if she blocks your path on the way out, dont move her or she can have you sent to jail. you can call the cops if she wont move but theyll just show up and tell you to listen to her bitch about things youve heard 1000 times, then theyll tell you to go somewhere for a few hours. true story

>That's the opposite of how it works
It is how it works though; it's your choice not to visit a prostitute if you just want sex.

what the fuck is wrong with that guys left foot

Equality.

R E S T R A I N T. You can beat a kid without damaging it, why can't you do the same to a fully grown woman?
It goes both ways. Why would you think that a scuffle would turn into a one sided beat down? If the guy isn't coming out with a minor bruise or two then he's married a woman without arms.

m8, married nearly 20, couple of kids. Never once laid hands on the missus or the sprogs.

>Your opinion makes you sound like a cunt

My girlfriend practically begs me to slap her and spank her

How come when you go on places populated by people in actual relationships and not a bunch of virgin rejects they all tell you if you try to pull that shit the relationship will end abruptly.

Too small shoes.

>2 kids.
Congratulations on being borderline homosexual. 3 is the bare minimum for any self respecting straight man.

>confusing domestic violence with sex

Bet she's never said "no" to you either, has she?

we must haf equality:
youtube.com/watch?v=O-75QD4n93M

that's ok m8 - when ropeday comes along I'll think about you and your 2 extra mouths to feed for this.... long.

Thanks for proving that you live in your mother's basement and are a proud 0 child faggot.

By the way the comparison between spanking (or anything else) of a woman and a child is dumb. A woman has a lot of agency and choice in the matter (if in the West), a child does not.

Complaining about spanking one's wife is like complaining about getting an injury playing soccer.

>You can beat a kid without damaging it
Actually no, you cannot. Damage is also psychological, not just physical. Research has shown physical punishments on kids deals more damage than anything and is pretty unproductive. It took me a long time to overcome such damage myself.

>Why would you think that a scuffle would turn into a one sided beat down?
I see no reason for entering a scuffle in the first place. I'm not interested in scuffles. If I had a major problem and my partner weren't willing to do anything about it or even proposed me to fight over it rather than get a reasonable and satisfying solution for both, I would just leave that partner as it's clearly not good for me.

I had a girl who drew a knife on me after I put a trojan on my computer and read her emails. Turns out she was fucking her boss for $1000 a weekend.

When I approached her about it, she punched me in the face a few times, then drew a knife and tried to stab me in the throat. I tossed her on the ground, pinned her arms down, and called her as she screamed and tried to bite me.

She got arrested and spent 5 days in jail. The police actually arrested her for her swearing and flipping out the entire time they were trying to question her. Eventually they tossed her 105 pound ass on the ground, cuffed her, and drug her by her knees out to the car. She then told the police I tried to rape her and that I beat her all the time.

The cops came and questioned me about it, but ultimately believed me due to how she acted when they first came over. They told me that every single time a girl does something like that or physically assaults a man, that she turns it into a rape accusation. Every time.

They told me a judge might order them to come back again, but they never did.

Methinks he doth protesteth too much.

>I had a girl who drew a knife on me after I put a trojan on my computer and read her emails.
Literally wuh?

Life experience leads to growth.

Let me guess: You eat meat but you've never killed an animal.

>A woman has a lot of agency and choice in the matter
Such as leaving such as an abusive partner? Yeah, it's true women can do that, unfortunately men tend not to accept boundaries and resort to stalking, harassment and murder in those cases.

>called her
Shit... I mean I called 911 on her as she screamed.

What is your point?

Girls like that are sick. I can't even imagine falsely accusing someone of rape. That is just evil.

or how do you propose to solve that problem?

>Literally wuh?
The girl all the sudden started having tons of money... bought $300 pants one day... and started acting like a MAJOR BITCH all the sudden. Like, she changed from Dr. Jeckle to Mr. Hyde right away. So I got worried and thought something was going on.

So I put a keylogger on my computer so when she checked her emails I could later log in and read through them myself.

>Life experience leads to growth
Yelling at my father and forcing him to see the error of his ways and making him apologize and feel guilty for raising his child badly and making them turn into a social reject is what lead me to growth if I am to be honest. I do not intend to repeat his mistakes and make my child waste all the time I wasted because of my father.

Okay, now it's clear why you hate men.

Just shitty men like those who resort to violence instead of understanding, compassion, kindness and reason.

>So I put a keylogger on my computer so when she checked her emails I could later log in and read through them myself.

muh nigga

any man not reding his woman's email is a cuck in the making.

>puts condom on a girls computer instead of on his dick
>surprised she attacks him

Why are you so dumb?

And can they give examples of where a woman got spanked hard by a man's hand, that she wanted to or ended the relationship?

Here's the best part:

I met her at church.

She tried telling everyone at church and that pastors that I raped her too.... which nobody at all believed. Like, people at church would come right up to me and say "So, blah-blah-blah told everyone you raped her a bunch of times.... I had no idea she was that crazy."

She called me once to tell me she told her new boyfriend how much I had raped her so I went to the cops to see what I could do. They told me to not be afraid to defend myself, even with deadly force... but to call them first.

The cops that time too even made fun of the guy and said something along the lines of "I doubt that Pauly D boyfriend of hers realizes she's probably cheating on him too. Hopefully he lives in a different city so we don't have to deal with it when Pauly D is crying about finding out what sort of a girl she is."

So by having your father back down and refuse to chastise you there has been an increase in your feelings of self worth. This is leading you to refuse to chastise your own young in case they might lose some of their exaggerated belief that the sun doesn't orbit the Earth but rather themselves.
>Resort to violence.
>Instead of understanding and reason.
This honestly doesn't sound off to you? Knowing how much violence is necessary in a given circumstance is the cornerstone of understanding and reason. Your 'yelling at your father' is part of the threatening group of actions which also includes many violent responses.

Yes, and as we all know women are extremely capable of using reason and understanding.

Rape accusations are more common than people think, because a woman doesn't feel she is going to get in trouble if it goes wrong.

You don't have to have sex with someone for them to accuse you of rape. I knew a girl in highschool who put someone behind bars for raping her. She admitted at a party while she was drunk that she lied and said it because she wanted to discredit him. He had apparently threatened to inform her parents about her casual drug habit as incentive to get her to stop taking them.

ITT: manchildren who have so little self worth that they don't trust the one person who is supposed to be their partner in life.

Thankfully [according to themselves of course] only a couple of you appear to have bred. So far...

What went wrong in her life that made her so vile? Was she abused or spoiled or what? I can't believe someone could act that way just because they felt like it.

Disgusting.

>Is it ever okay for couples to hit eachother?
During foreplay. If your partner is hitting you with the express intent to cause you physical harm that's assault.
>Will it lead to excessive violence?
If the violent partner/both of them don't stop, yes probably.
>Will pent up anger result in more serious crimes?
I think it probably will.
>How does a person deal with a violent vengeful spouse?
Depends on the level of violence, I'd say respond in kind, don't escalate, don't destroy property if it doesn't belong to you, and make sure that you can prove that they were the one to initiate the violence. Don't initiate violence yourself.

That blue haired chick is hot as fuck.

So you think having self-worth is the same as thinking "the sun doesn't orbit the Earth but rather themselves"? Would you rather people have no feeling of self-worth instead? Would you rather people live in misery, full of problems, just because you think your self-worth matters more than theirs? It seems to me the one who thinks the sun doesn't orbit the Earth but yourself here is you, wanting the misery of others that badly you feel the need to "chastise" them, or should I say abuse them, because they see worth in themselves as any mentally healthy person does. You're fitting the stereotype of the controlling narcisstic abuser.

>Knowing how much violence is necessary in a given circumstance is the cornerstone of understanding and reason
Physical violence is never necessary unless your life and safety are in danger.

>Your 'yelling at your father' is part of the threatening group of actions which also includes many violent responses
Are you saying you justify abusive physical violence in response to words, which do not hurt like physical violence, especially ones uttered in self-preservation and self-defense?

Far more than violent men for sure.

This is why I dont have common walls, too many busybodies itching to call the cops

of course im not there once the pigs show up

I don't think anyone so far in this thread has proposed women should truly be hurt physically.

>chick

Either shitty b8 or you're thick as fuck m8.

But you have. has just nicely implied people who stand up for themselves and denounce something bad committed against them to their wrongdoers should just get beaten up and shut up because they shouldn't have self-worth and they should live in misery all their lives.

>Physical violence is never necessary unless your life and safety are in danger.

This. Even in the situation where someone won't listen to you unless you're violent, you should just fucking leave them, if you have to hurt someone before they respect you, you're not in an equal caring relationship.

Short of your partner being outright dangerous to you or someone else, you shouldn't ever need to resort to violence.

I have 95% of the thread.
I have read "spanking the ass", "physical punishment" and "bumps and scrapes", so far. Go and fuck yourself you dumb asshole.

>physical punishment
That implies loads of horrible things.

>bumps and scrapes
Enough of a reason to leave a man.

You realise that if you're inflicting pain on someone, you're hurting them physically, right? Bumps and scrapes is objectively causing damage.

Give me a single situation in which you would need to beat someone short of them threatening you though that can't be better resolved in a non-violent way.

Physical violence is literally necessary to live. If someone isn't physically violent in your place you wouldn't eat.
Self defence is still violence.
You don't need to be particularly angry or aggressive to have a light scuffle. A bit of wrestling on the lawn is quite fun especially when you are doing it with an attractive partner.

People who have never used their body to achieve certain goals through physical exertion are the cancer of the modern era. Having to get people in your home to move a fridge, TV or bed is not something to be proud of even if you are a 50 year old twig armed 5ft princess with a bad back.
Being able to release tension through physical activities is part of being human. Absolute denial of violence is a denial of the simple fact that humans are animals and while we can pretend that we are above all that we still need to use the methods that are imprinted within each of us from thousands of years of ancestry to remain well adjusted and capable of solving our own problems.

So which chan site did all the real people go to again?

"That implies loads of horrible things." It is highly ambiguous.

"Enough of a reason to leave a man." No, she doesn't need a reason, since marriage does not exist anymore.

what did you physically do?

You have to smack them around during sex to keep them submissive. Works for my gf.

>Physical violence is literally necessary to live. If someone isn't physically violent in your place you wouldn't eat.

No-one's talking about slaughtering a cow (which is automated now anyway).

>You don't need to be particularly angry or aggressive to have a light scuffle. A bit of wrestling on the lawn is quite fun especially when you are doing it with an attractive partner.

It's pretty obvious that people aren't saying that play wrestling is some terrible abusive behaviour mate. It's not even violent.

You're moving the goalposts from physically punishing your partner and assaulting them to "If no-one kills animals we won't have any meat".

>that hand
>the hand of a wench

>Physical violence is literally necessary to live
How is physical violence against someone who is not a threat to you necessary to live? It isn't. It's merely a way to keep down and oppress others.

>Self defence is still violence
Technically no, it's not. Violence is on the part of the attacker, especially if it's unfounded.

>You don't need to be particularly angry or aggressive to have a light scuffle
Your fetish for scuffles is weird and a turn off if I am to be honest. Do not want.

>Being able to release tension through physical activities is part of being human
Yeah that's why you jog, lift, go to the gym etcetera. Even then people do not need to do those activities to release tension, plenty people release tension by playing videogames, reading books, meditating, etc. Less physical activities that do their job of relaxing the mind still, and lead to greater intellect than physical ones. However physically harming someone just because you feel stressed is fucked up and insane, because it does nothing but harm people and ruin innocent lives.

>Absolute denial of violence
No one said that. You can fight words with words, oratory is a noble art. But physically harming someone just because they disagree, impacting damage on them for absurd unacceptable reasons? That shows you're a brute and a psychopath and a danger to society.

>capable of solving our own problems
Oppressing others doesn't solve problems it just creates more.

"You realise that if you're inflicting pain on someone, you're hurting them physically, right? Bumps and scrapes is objectively causing damage." Did you also know that the ocean is filled with water?

"Give me a single situation in which you would need to beat someone short of them threatening you though that can't be better resolved in a non-violent way."
If someone is actually threatening me in any serious way, I am not going to pull their pants down and start spanking them, am I?

The general idea about e.g. spanking in a relationship as discipline is to moderate the female tendency towards hysteria. To avoid very violent or very stressful verbal assaults and similar, and make negotiations and discussions more to the point and efficient.

>the hand of a bloke*

It's acceptable but be fucking careful, you can cause a lot more damage than you intend to cause if you're not careful.

>brother gets married
>girl is 8-9/10 and young (18-20?) and bro is 26.
>girl is super nice and loving and cares about every one it seems
>they live together, all is well
>she gains weight like crazy in less than 4 months after marriage (by the end of the year she went from 110 lbs to about 200 at least.)
>brother questions her, trying to help but shes a MASSIVE bitch now

>Brother is a car enthusiast, one day she gets mad that hes cleaning his car for more than 30 mins
>She runs down stairs and starts beating his car with objects and yelling at him in their parking lot
>after a min of trying to talk to her he grabs her and restrains her
>she freaks out and runs upstairs and grabs a knife
>She threatened my brother saying that if he EVER lays one finger on her again that shes calling the cops saying that hes abusive.
>He confides in me and tells me many more times shes done this. I recommend recording it (at the very least use an audio recording)
>hes whipped now because she just threatens to call the cops if she doesn't get her way.

Welp, thats one way to live I guess.

both of the people in that pic look like ugly jew clowns

>The general idea about e.g. spanking in a relationship as discipline is to moderate the female tendency towards hysteria.

It seems to me that the person who resorts to violence when someone is acting emotionally is the one getting hysterical about it.

>To avoid very violent or very stressful verbal assaults and similar, and make negotiations and discussions more to the point and efficient.

Do you honestly think that would work? If you hit a person who's upset at you they're not just going to snap out of it and calm down, they're going to get even more irrational and likely hit back.

The way to avoid those situations is to know how to defuse them before it ever gets to that point, and to be in a relationship with someone who can have an adult discussion with you.