Is it true Jiro is racist? Because I wanted to go to Japan this summer and wanted to eat here...

Is it true Jiro is racist? Because I wanted to go to Japan this summer and wanted to eat here, but I've been hearing bad things about him.

I'm Filipino, speak no Japanese.

He is a mean old cunt that almost ruined his childrens lies.

>Is it true Jiro is racist
Because there is literally nothing wrong with being racist. Racism protects diversity. Racemixing destroys diversity.

Stay in the Phillipines and eat your Bagoong and Balut, you filthy savage.

>being this jealous of the most powerful race

Stay the fuck out of Japan you filthy flip.

>super old Japanese man

It's arguably the most xenophobic country on the planet, but you should be fine.

just squint your eyes and learn a few japanese phrases, you'll be fine

Most Michelin sushi restaurants are booked for like 2-3 months in advance, 6+ if you're unlucky.

Just stick to regular restaurants, they don't care what race or nationality you are.

Mas iba ang tingin ng mga Hapon sa mga itim kesa sa mga Pinoy.

i don't understand why a well behaving tourist should get in trouble. they're just bringing in money.

Racism and racemixing aren't even inherently related

see: the genetic mixture of african americans, uyghurs and south americans

This guy is a hack. Why pay a shit ton of money to go to a place where you can't sit and enjoy your meal, instead getting forced at gunpoint to eat your sushi the way this old fucker wants you to? Who cares how good it is, it's raw fish and rice. It's not that complicated.

they don't
Japan depends heavily on it's tourist industry

My friend is flip and he ate at jiro. Old guy doesnt do much but supervise these days. They have a lot of rules though, they want you to eat with your hands, eat quick, if you use too much soy or wasabi theyll roll their eyes in disgust. He said it was delicious, but very awkward because they take their food really serious

nice to see Jiro mentioned on /tv. Book a reservation and go, OP.

I'm still debating whether this film is full of shit or not

It's FISH and RICE, how fucking hard can it be?

He won't let you eat there unless you stomp on a plaque with the jesus on it and openly deny Christianity.

Lol you just some poor cunt that can't afford to travel

You can say the same about anything that anyone's passion about. Maybe except for brain surgery or some shit.

Ask Jiro to make you a hamburger with American cheese

Nah, I don't think it applies to complex haute cuisine, although I think a lot of that is wankery too

It's just sushi is specifically a very simple thing, I question how far you can actually go with it

What are similar documentarys like this? I recall there was one about Nip booze makers but I don't remember the name.

Also his son's restaurant is better. Cheaper, more relaxed and wont have to deal with the pressure of inheriting his Dad's restaurant.

>What are similar documentarys like this?

Chef's Table

There is short video on youtube called "What owning a Ramen Restaurant in Japan is like" that is something like that. You might find it interesting

its the flavor, texture. etc because of how good their preparation and quality of ingredients are

they spell it out in the movie while he has the best sushi

He's an old asian dude. Of course he's racist.

Thank's I'll try those out. Also I think the booze one I mentioned was The Birth of Sake.

>It's arguably the most xenophobic country on the planet

Not even close. People like to shit on them because they're ""honorary aryans"" and developed. The actual most xenophobic places in the world are in the Middle East, Africa, and India.

i wonder what war crimes jiro committed during the japanese occupation of the philippines

>>implying flips with money to leave their shithole cuntry havent done so

kek

>paying ridiculous amount of money six months in advance to eat some raw rice and fish as fast as you can in some cranky autists house in a subway while he judges you

I got the impression that if you don't stick to etiquette you're going to be silently scorned but not outright berated.

t. flyover who eats at mcdonalds every day of the week

The "quality" is literally garbage. He just goes to a local fish monger and buys his daily shit.

did you think he finds magic fish that taste better?

Probably raped OPs mom.

>Filipino
>The Mexicans of Asia
kill yourself.

It's like anime, he touches the fish and then there's a slight "glow" infusing the fish meat with deliciousness.

Or some shit like that.

And then he tricks white people into paying him $500 per 10 minute meal.

>faggot hipster who thinks fine dining is eating sushi
kek

Youre a moron that doesnt cook probably or think plastic wrapped shit in the groceries is the best, the best seafood ingredients are often outdoor fish markets because they work closer with the fishermen and they specialize in seafood.

Also they need to have quality shit because theyre competing with other people literally 10 feet away.

You don't understand people sell shit based on branding and names alone.

Kanye West sells white t-shirts that are $500+.

They're not higher quality than regular $10 white t-shirts.

Yeah because Jiro was a famous Rapper and then sold sushi. He even had a nationwide adverts about his sushi.

Can we stop pretending Sushi is fine dining. Jiro is the Japanese equivalent of going to a super expensive and fancy restaurant for their fancy burgers.

>He's actually comparing shirts with food
Are you this dense or are you merely pretending? Either way: Dunning Kruger effect in full display.

Sushi is sushi.

Some average sushi chef making a sushi from the same fish as Jiro doesn't warrant Jiro charging $20 for his piece of fish and the other chef charging $2 for his piece of fish.

Im not necessarily saying its fine dining, im saying you can definitely create top tier sushi with the right prep and ingredients.

Also a burger can definitely be fine dining with the right prep and ingredients, you act like a burger just has to be a bun and ground meat, you guys are idiots, go back to talking about 13 reasons why already.

Pro tip: you would not be able to tell Jiro sushi apart from a decent sushi restaurants sushi apart if you were blindfolded.

>he hasn't been to Gordon Ramsays burger restaurant in LV
kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Yeah, but these stupid white retarded weeaboos in this thread believe Jiro makes the BESTTT food in the world because he made sushi for 70 years and his rice is folded 100000 times.

Every podunk town in the U.S. has at least three sushi serving restaurants jostling for supremacy, often staffed by nips dispatched from the motherland.
I guess they have to find something to do with the extra dollars they have sitting around from their yearly trade surplus with us.

It's incredible hard to become a sushi chef, but there's a pretty reasonable limit of what you can do to raise the quality, if you disregard the ingredients themselves.

Cool it Cletus

>don't travel
>don't learn about other cultures and eat new foods
>we must destroy free will and the freedom of choice amongst the general population to artificially protect a construct against the will of the people
>muh Japs belong to white weeaboos

This is your brain on Sup Forums.

The OP is right, sushi is either good or it isn't. Gas station and buffet sushi is a pile of shit, but any restaurant staffed by trained chefs using fresh ingredients is going to be good. Why the fuck would you ignore the $20 all you can eat sushi at your local place in favor of paying $1500 for some traditionalist bastard to tell you exactly how to eat your fish and rice. The nontraditional places even include avocado and other nontraditional combinations and mixes in their rolls.
Its fucking Japan. There are a billion sushi places. Go find a little hole in the wall place that serves good food and good drinks.

Not really, racism blocks innovation by cutting you off from outsiders. (Japan and China both cut off travel to and from their countries, as a result their technology fails to adapt and they get btfo by europeans) racism stops you from trade and cooperation (the trading and cosmopolitan greeks and romans were easily able to btfo the isolated barbarians they came across) and it also makes it harder to over come diseases. Racism was adaptive when we were hunter gatherers but its almost entirely useless now.

Fucking brainlet.

You do realize that Japs are mainly xenophobic towards blacks these days, right?

You might get weird looks as a white foreigner, but they are actually cautious of blacks.
It's not nonsensical racism, it's based on the fact that nearly every single black person you encounter in cities like Tokyo are Nigerian immigrants working shady jobs or cooperating with yakuza.

this thread always brings out all the annoying faggot sushibros who watch too many food shows

it's rice and fish, it's not complicated, and it's all mediocre.

Rice and fish sushi is boring. Get a few pieces to sample, sure, but if you aren't eating the rolls you're hardly experiencing what the place is capable of.
>buh-but muh purity of culture!
In that case, only drink beer brewed with dates and grain and drink fresh water from a lake with bacteria in it.

oh shut the fuck about experience

it's fucking food you faggot, you chew it, you swallow it

OMG THE EXPERIENCE

>Is it true that Jiro is racist?
Literally who cares? If you get so upset about it, just remember that he's just Japanese and not European, which automatically makes him a subhuman like you

Thats exactly what I was fucking saying. Eat the good food. Don't worry about the "right" way to do it. You're the one getting triggered over a word I used to describe it.

>annoying faggot sushibros

then why do you call them sushibros

Not trying to insult you, but it's your lower IQ that's preventing you from conceiving things on a deeper level, not that there is nothing beyond the surface level of reality.

you certainly love the experience of a giant dick up your ass

Typical crass low IQ insult. Must feel awful being stuck with mental age of a high schooler throughout the majority of your life.

How the hell is India xenophobic. They let Iranians and Parsis settle in their land when they were btfo by the ottomans. One of the earliest churches and the second oldest mosque was built in India. African bohras live in Gujarat. Tibetans refugees have been given an entire city. On top of that India is the most ethnically, racially and linguistically diverse nations on earth. And it's because of this diversity that there are ethnic enclaves. Which is about the only way to preserve your ethnic culture. That's something the - until recently homogeneous - west doesn't understand. Just because you want to preserve your culture from dilution dides not mean you don't want other cultures to exist.

India is casteist classist and at times racist but neither historically nor presently xenophobic.

>I'm going to autistically work my whole life literally every day
>everybody who doesn't live life like me is trash

It was a good documentary but honestly...it's fucking fish on rice.