Alright, Sup Forums. Who is the greatest Batman villain (barring Clock King) and why is he Riddler?

Alright, Sup Forums. Who is the greatest Batman villain (barring Clock King) and why is he Riddler?

>barring clock king
Thread over, go home.

Yea we're done here

because no one can write he right

How so?
I don't want this to become a Clock King thread fΛm

Fuck you

>Who is the greatest Batman villain
Penguin.

But Riddler is fine too

>implying riddler and clock king arent the same person

That's not Joe Chill.

Because he's the actual fitting nemesis for Batman.

Batman is a detective, Riddler is a criminal who leaves clues. He doesn't leave clues because he's sloppy, he does it because he wants to prove he's BETTER than Batman. He wants to OUTSMART him.

Man, I used to not hate the Joker, but now I just wish he'd die forever and Riddler can be Batman's foil.

I like the idea of Scarecrow best, because it could potentially be used for the best storytelling. Rarely is this the actual case though.

>Penguin.
Nope.

Such patrician taste.
I am impressed.

Because he's the most entertaining to watch when he loses.
He's a smug nerd who can't cope with defeat on any level, and his meltdowns are glorious.

In the DCAU I'd say it's canonically Ra's Al Ghul. While Joker later metatextually steals the concept through some complete bullshit cybernetics he could not possibly have invented, Ra's had used the League's methods to hijack his daughter and was going to hijack a rejuvenated Bruce had he not gotten wise and gained Terry's help.

I think it's the closest Batman has been to complete defeat. Ra's would have everything.

BEST BAT VILLIAN COMING THROUGH!!!!

I've always dreamed that one of the DC Reboots would actually make the Riddler a flat out detective. Like, his origin was that he was Gotham PD's #1 Detective; the guy they turned to when they needed to crack a case everyone else had deemed "unsolvable". And sure, he's smarmy and condescending about it, but at the end of the day he prides himself on using his brains to make a difference.

But then Batman shows up, and he's not the smartest guy on the side of the Law anymore. Batman's beating him to the punch at every turn, and even cracking open some of the cases Eddie was "saving for later". So obviously his conclusion is that Batman's a fraud, and orchestrating all these crimes so that he can "solve" them and call himself a hero. And so to prove it, Eddie starts staging crimes of his own, to show that Batman isn't as smart as he claims to be, and things spiral from there.

I disagree that Penguin is in the top five, but I wouldn't mind seeing your argument.

There is only one correct answer.

Best Batman villain coming through!

Wonder of he can ketchup with modern comic books.

>we could have the Riddler has the final villain in the Dark Knight Trilogy
>we got BANE and CIA instead
Why? Why didn't this get through?