I am just starting this show. Which episodes are filler that I can skip...

I am just starting this show. Which episodes are filler that I can skip? Which episodes are of key importance to the story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No episodes are truly filler, because they always seem to come back later.
Now PLEASE return to our containment thread, the mods are getting restless.

>caring about the overall story moreso then just experiancing the show
Just enjoy the cartoon you pleb.

Skip any episodes that have Lars and/or Sadie relevant to the plot of the episode.
Skip that beach episode with that black family.
Skip "Garnet's Universe" if you don't care about anime.
Skip "Rising Tides/Crashing Skies".
Hell, most townsfolk episodes can be skipped.

here
careful though this show loves to do call backs, and some later eps are completely reliant on past ones.

>recommends fucking House Guest
>barely gives an honorable mention to Steven and the Stevens

haha wow this is fucking shit
>skipping The Test

when does that cheezypuffs lookin bitch show up, I want to rub my dick when shes onscreen

Literally every episode involves character, plot or background development.

Even Sadie's Song involves character development for Sadie (and hell she's not important but it's still there).

Steven does lose his deus ex healing power in that ep, so its kinda important.

Not til near the end of season 1. Being a Jasperfag is suffering

Skip Ocean Gem and Jailbreak.

the plot is secondary
From the show's creator herself
>Interviewer: A lot of times when people tell longer stories there’s a point where a lot of the color and texture and what made it so unique and interesting are lost because it becomes all about plot machinations. Is this something you’re really conscious of going forward?
>Rebecca: I completely know what you’re talking about, and I think that the challenge at this point is making sure plot doesn’t override characters. The feeling is the most important thing. I suppose the story is the most important thing, because story is different from plot, and it’s those things interwoven with what you want to say and why and the words you use. It’s really challenging, but it’s really exciting to get to the point where we’re going to get to pay off things that we introduced.

There are two episodes that are borderline irrelevant (ironically enough they were both boarded by the same team who have otherwise have the highest density of "important" episodes), but a good chunk of the fandom still likes them.

The best episode is where steven turns into a watermelon and Jasper dies and Lapis Lazuli live.

Skip them all because the show is trash

The episodes are fucking 10 minutes long, and they almost all have at least some character development, seriously why would the first question you ask when starting a nex series be "which parts can I skip" ?

The only real ones worth skipping are Love Letters and Sadie's Song.

Don't fucking watch it if you are going in with that attitude. There are a lot of call backs and subtly important stuff in what you think might be filler at first.

Either watch it all or don't watch it At all. It's just not one of those shows where you can see 5 episodes and get everything you need.

pretty much this

At least the uncle grandpa episode has some funny moments

>Which episodes are filler that I can skip?
Why is it so important to skip episodes? Why not watch the good and bad and explore those ideas with others? Why is YOUR time so much more important that you can't sit through 11 minute episodes?

Skipping melon steven is a crime worthy of execution

Here is something to consider

The show is still running

You don't know what is or isn't going to be important later on.

>subtly important stuff
Nothing is important about this cartoon show for kids, user. This is not Shakespeare.

youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8

Hush, you know what I mean, silly.

Don't make me come over there and hatespoon you.

This

That is very true

Honestly, ignore all these goofs and watch the whole thing, mang. Steven Universe's story isn't really a conventional one where you watch it, stuff happens, and plot is spoonfed to you. Every single episode tells more about the characters, their powers, their past, the world around them, and all that jazz. You gotta pay attention to it and really care about it to see it. It's this good kind of continuity that just compounds upon itself the more you see. If you're at all a curious type who asks questions when they watch shit, you will fuckin LOVE this show.

A few early ones do fall flat though, but they still give you more of a view into this amazing world. Just don't give up on it early on, is what I'm saying.

>Which episodes are filler that I can skip
Go back and watch naruto faggot

>Which episodes are filler that I can skip
Go back watch naruto faggot.
all the episodes help get in to the characters,
they have only 11 minute for episode
IT NOT THE FUCKING GAME OF THRONE

>not introducing watermelon steven who literally saves the day in the new episode
5/7, perfect.

Secret club shows how gems partially reform, which is essential for the forced fusion experiments later on.

nice.

they also all introduce some aspect of the lore or story.

>Even Sadie's Song involves character development for Sadie (and hell she's not important but it's still there).
she'll pilot one arm of the tengen toppa gurren lagann in the final episodes after all personal arcs have been resolved.

A lot of the the early SU episodes are a chore to sit through, though. It took me at least until episode 11 or so actually start liking the show(only a few episodes were any good before that point), and I mostly just kept going that far because everyone spoke so highly of the show.

There's been shows that had their whole run done(and done well) by the time SU finally started to pick up some steam.

I feel like you need that, though. You need to set the rules and tone for the universe that you're narrating.
They could've made a title crawl explaining what gems are and why steven lives with them, but come on man. Show, don't tell!
By the time something actually happens, you understand how things work and what's at stake.

The crew weren't even sure that the show would exist past Season 1, so they made that whole Season about shenanigans with just hints of plot here and there.

I remember an interview with Sugar saying that we don't even see the actual show until after Jailbreak.

Watch all of them to begin with. Pick which ones are filler afterwards.
I marathoned the show for the premier and realized it rewards viewers who actively watch and those who passively watch.

I don't like most of the show, but their season finales are pretty good. Just skip to Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem. That's where I pretty much started and I don't regret skipping the Slice of Life bullshit that makes up the rest of the show to that point.